• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Looking to make a superpower academy roleplay.

Hello there! I pretty much explained what this is about in the title I guess but here it is again, I am looking to find like-minded people who enjoy participating in a roleplay about teenagers going to an academy specifically for those with superpowers. The only backstory for this world I have so far is that almost 99% of people have a power, they just range in usefulness and practicality. The purpose of the Academy is for those who want to become real heroes, those who use the powers they were born with for all the wrong things. So feel free to have a kind of weak power such as being able to climb up walls effortlessly, it doesn't matter as long as you can use it to help citizens in some way.

Now as for any rules in actually being eligible for this, all I ask is that you wont abandon it halfway through and can generally be on once a day. There will of course by a need for decent enough grammatical skills involved but I doubt that will be an issue :)

I will be happy to be in charge of storyboarding this and keeping things interesting, all I want from you guys is some really interesting characters and to enjoy yourselves. Below is a basic character template.

Name:
Physical appearance (Can be strange if its something to with your powers.):
Personality:
History:
Powers:
weakness (Every hero has one right?):

The notes for character creation are the obvious one's, nothing too overpowered and no duplicates. I will tell you if your character has the go ahead anyway so if something is wrong your going to get a chance to fix it. I have filled out a template with the details of my character just for an example.

Name: Knox Lomar
Height: 5ft 9
Physical appearance: When in his normal form Knox has jet black hair that is kept short and is parted to one side without the use of gel. Brown eyes roughly the colour of polished oak wood gleam are set beneath a pair of eyebrows as dark as his hair. He is a fairly attractive guy all round, with broad shoulders and a stocky build that compliments is average height well. When his powers activate however he takes on an entirely different form, his entire body changing in the process. To an onlooker it would appear is if the young man simply becomes a being of pure darkness and smoke, kept in the shape of a human. The reality of the matter is that he is made up of millions of small black crystals, which can shift around at will to change his form slightly, such as changing the shape of his arms or to make himself slightly larger or compact. His eyes are replaced by two luminous yellow crystals, exactly the same size as his normal eyes. The only other thing that isn't composed of the black crystals is a sphere set into his chest, roughly the size of a baseball or cricket ball. This sphere is present in both of his forms.
Personality: Knox isn't exactly shy, just a little socially awkward, his powers often scaring other children when he was younger thus preventing any interaction with them. In reality he is actually quite kind hearted and very protective of the few friends he can claim to have.
Clothing: A thick black overcoat with a high collar and deep pockets, an assortment of t-shirts and jeans, all finished off with a pair of combat boots.
History: Knox has grown up with a pair of loving parents, both of which learned to adapt to their son's abilities and raised him appropriately. His mother is a nurse and his father is a retired police officer, and by extent the inspiration for Knox to become a hero.
Powers: There is no exact word to describe Knox's power but the basics of it is that he can become a mass of small black crystals that make him appear is if he is a figure of solid shadows and smoke. This form makes him almost immune to basic physical attacks as the crystals he is made up of will simply reform together if they are pushed back by something like a punch. All the crystals are controlled by the orb in his chest and thus they can be ordered into different shapes. This is how he can do things such as change his arms into blades.
weakness: Now I know you may be thinking to yourself "That power is way too OP!" but let me just shed some light on the subject to show you that isn't the case. Whilst Knox is immune to most physical attacks he is entirely vulnerable to things such as fire, electricity, ice, so on and so forth. The large crystal in his chest is also weaker to physical attacks than the rest of him. The poor boy also doesn't have full control over his ability yet and has never even pulled off a full body transformation yet.

So there you go! I hope to see you guys soon! :)

Name: Stella Arthur
Height: 5'1
Physical appearance (Can be strange if its something to with your powers.): Not using her powers- Brown hair, blue eyes.
Using her powers- Black hair, yellow eyes. Clothing- Black shirt with silver edged sleeves, black pants, and silver shoes.
Personality: Shy, smart, cautious, and quick thinking.
History: Stella grew up with loving parents and her twin brother Rodney. Her mom is a veterinarian and her dad is a firefighter. Both have learned to adapt to their children's powers (Rodney can create clones of himself). Stella and Rodney's parents are part of what inspired the two to become heroes. (Rodney decided to check out a different school.)
Powers:The ability to jinx people and objects.
weakness (Every hero has one right?): Magic and any type of powers that can negate or reverse the damage her powers can do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Vince Bryson
Height: 5'6
Physical appearance: Blond hair, red eye's, always where's a hood, like's to where red in general is skinny but rather strong.
Personality: doesn't really like to talk to other people he is nice though, he like's to help people out, and he has always wanted to be a here
History: Has alway's been rejected and has always been on the run he has never had any real friend's and doesn't know who his parent's are, he always wanted to be a hero and when he heard that the "Hero academy" was opening he found himself a form almost immediately, now he want's to learn how to be the greatest hero in the world
Powers: Super speed, and the ability to control lightning (like shoot lightning out of his hand's and make sword's out of it and stuff)
weakness: Ice, most physical abilities, and he has alway's been afraid of the dark.

Name: Stella Arthur
Height: 5'1
Physical appearance (Can be strange if its something to with your powers.): Not using her powers- Brown hair, blue eyes.
Using her powers- Black hair, yellow eyes. Clothing- Black shirt with silver edged sleeves, black pants, and silver shoes.
Personality: Shy, smart, cautious, and quick thinking.
History: Stella grew up with loving parents and her twin brother Rodney. Her mom is a veterinarian and her dad is a firefighter. Both have learned to adapt to their children's powers (Rodney can created clones of himself). Stella and Rodney's parents are part of what inspired the two to become heroes. (Rodney decided to check out a different school.)
Powers:The ability to jinx people and objects.
weakness (Every hero has one right?): Magic and any type of powers that can negate or reverse the damage her powers can do.
Honolulu you are good to go! :)

Red however....now the basic design of your character I like, its pretty cool and all but after a quick look through your previous roleplays and even a glance at your application its clear your grammar is rather subpar and your story telling seems a lil barebones from what I saw of it......Im sorry to be so cruel about this really I am! But im afraid due to those reasons im going to have to turn you down this time...

Last edited:
Name: Botny Morgs
Height: 5' 8"
Physical appearance: He has black hair, and deep green eyes, a slender build, and a great smile. He does have a greenish tint to his hands that fades away towards his elbow.
Personality: can be quite charming, a little self absorbed and flirty but very protective of those he cares for and extremely loyal as long as he trusts you.
History: life growing up was quite glamorous but also very complicated. His mom was a hero and his dad a villain. he inherited his mothers powers over nature so she taught him how to use his powers for good while he was young. his father was a mad scientist who was corrupted by power, and tragically both his parents died in a huge battle while he was still young. both left him a great sum of money but for now lives with a wealthy family who learned of his powers and just 'had to have him'. (adoptive parents may be evil later if it will help the story along in any way)
Powers: ability to manipulate/manifest plants as well as summon little plantlings
weakness: plants don't last long in bad weather as well as obviously any fire type abilities :p

Name: Vince Bryson
Physical appearance: Blond hair, red eye's, always where's a hood, like's to where red in general is skinny but rather strong.
Personality: doesn't really like to talk to other people he is nice though, he like's to help people out, and he has always wanted to be a here
History: Has alway's been rejected and has always been on the run he has never had any real friend's and doesn't know who his parent's are, he always wanted to be a hero and when he heard that the "Hero academy" was opening he found himself a form almost immediately, now he want's to learn how to be the greatest hero in the world
Powers: Super speed, and the ability to control lightning (like shoot lightning out of his hand's and make sword's out of it and stuff)
weakness: Ice, most physical abilities, and he has alway's been afraid of the dark.
Name: Botny Morgs
Height: 5' 8"
Physical appearance: He has black hair, and deep green eyes, a slender build, and a great smile. He does have a greenish tint to his hands that fades away towards his elbow.
Personality: can be quite charming, a little self absorbed and flirty but very protective of those he cares for and extremely loyal as long as he trusts you.
History: life growing up was quite glamorous but also very complicated. His mom was a hero and his dad a villain. he inherited his mothers powers over nature so she taught him how to use his powers for good while he was young. his father was a mad scientist who was corrupted by power, and tragically both his parents died in a huge battle while he was still young. both left him a great sum of money but for now lives with a wealthy family who learned of his powers and just 'had to have him'. (adoptive parents may be evil later if it will help the story along in any way)
Powers: ability to manipulate/manifest plants as well as summon little plantlings
weakness: plants don't last long in bad weather as well as obviously any fire type abilities :p
Welcome aboard! I'm quite fond of nature based characters so I look forward to having you roleplay with us :)

Just a heads up is that two people who haven't posted yet will also be joining this Roleplay so there are currently 5 of us involved.

Name: Isaac Willow
Height: 5'7"
Physical Appearance: Short light brown hair, dark brown eyes. He is quite slim, due to his power tending to cause problems with food digestion and illness. He tends to wear a hoodie and jeans, all black, as a way of covering himself up in case of any surprise mutations.
Personality: When angered, he gets snarky, and can also hold a grudge for a remarkably long time. He tries his best to be serious and not show his rather funny and weird personality to help him feel more useful, and get over his insecurity.
History: Born in the countryside of England, Isaac had much opportunity to practice his power. Eventually, he decided he had to leave and... do something. After a while of wandering, he finally decided that he should help people, just to make him feel like his powers are useful for something. His insecurity and the debatable usefulness of his power against othe powers, however, has followed him to the academy.
Powers: Can change certain parts of his body to parts of other species.
Weakness: He tends to inherit the weaknesses and sometimes traits if held for a long time of the animal parts. He tends to use it for situations that would help in aspects of normal life rather than using it to fight.

Name: Isaac Willow
Height: 5'7"
Physical Appearance: Short light brown hair, dark brown eyes. He is quite slim, due to his power tending to cause problems with food digestion and illness. He tends to wear a hoodie and jeans, all black, as a way of covering himself up in case of any surprise mutations.
Personality: When angered, he gets snarky, and can also hold a grudge for a remarkably long time. He tries his best to be serious and not show his rather funny and weird personality to help him feel more useful, and get over his insecurity.
History: Born in the countryside of England, Isaac had much opportunity to practice his power. Eventually, he decided he had to leave and... do something. After a while of wandering, he finally decided that he should help people, just to make him feel like his powers are useful for something. His insecurity and the debatable usefulness of his power against othe powers, however, has followed him to the academy.
Powers: Can change certain parts of his body to parts of other species.
Weakness: He tends to inherit the weaknesses and sometimes traits if held for a long time of the animal parts. He tends to use it for situations that would help in aspects of normal life rather than using it to fight.
Sect, it's been a while man, but your in, nice character!

Name: Zachary Newter
Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Physical appearance: Short Dark brown hair, Brown eyes, white skin (but not too light). Average build and weight.
Clothing: Kakhi shorts, some tennis shoes, and a random assortment of T-shirts. Not much to say here.
Personality: Class Clown is the best way to describe him. Puns and jokes are commonplace for him, but he had a bit of a serious side. Whenever somebody messes with something he really likes, they are going to regret it. However, he's often seen socializing with others. He's relaxed and doesn't get angered easily.
History: Sorry, no sob stories here. He grew up with both his parents, who were always there for him. He really liked helping other kids.So when he found out about a school just for that, he was amazed. His parents greatly approved and, once they thought he was ready, sent him off. Once again, sorry if it was boring. Hard lives are not needed for interesting characters.
Power: Simple teleportation.
Weakness: Teleporting too far can leave him drained for 30 minutes at most. He also can't go too fast, but that's not normally a problem.

Name: Zachary Newter
Height: 5 feet 4 inches
Physical appearance: Short Dark brown hair, Brown eyes, white skin (but not too light). Average build and weight.
Clothing: Kakhi shorts, some tennis shoes, and a random assortment of T-shirts. Not much to say here.
Personality: Class Clown is the best way to describe him. Puns and jokes are commonplace for him, but he had a bit of a serious side. Whenever somebody messes with something he really likes, they are going to regret it. However, he's often seen socializing with others. He's relaxed and doesn't get angered easily.
History: Sorry, no sob stories here. He grew up with both his parents, who were always there for him. He really liked helping other kids.So when he found out about a school just for that, he was amazed. His parents greatly approved and, once they thought he was ready, sent him off. Once again, sorry if it was boring. Hard lives are not needed for interesting characters.
Power: Simple teleportation.
Weakness: Teleporting too far can leave him drained for 30 minutes at most. He also can't go too fast, but that's not normally a problem.
Great job Science, I am also a firm believer in the boring back stories not being a problem thing. So can't wait to see young Zachary in action :)

Im currently in the process of writing up the very first post of the roleplay so if everything goes smoothly it should be up in roughly 4 hours. Cant wait to see you all there! :)

Name: Kai Caesar
Height: Exactly 5 feet
Physical Appearance: His hair is golden blonde, but with a patch of brown on the top. It is also short. He has VERY light skin, and light blue eyes. Kai is also skinny.
Clothes: Usually wears a Tacocat T-shirt and some red shorts, but on Friday he wears a green and yellow striped sweater with some jeans. He always wears red and black shoes.
Personality: Brave, nice, calm, serious while fighting. (I suck with personalities)
History: Lived in the country with his aunt and uncle, Sally and Drew. Kai couldn't use his power until he was 12, so he is inexperienced. He liked fishing and writing as he grew up, and he was homeschooled. When he got an invitation for the school, he wanted to go. Sally and Drew approved, because he could meet new people and it was nearby.
Power: Levitation or Summoning weapons, I can't decide.
Weakness: He is inexperienced with his power, so he can't use it well.
I would be happy for you to join if you could decide on a power and make you character a little older, maybe 15. Do you think you can keep in terms of grammar and story writing abilty?

I can try!
Well you know what as long as your trying that's good enough for me :) Your in once you make the nessacery changes to your bio, although if your posts do slip into a bad state once too often I may ask you to leave. Does that seem fair to you?

As for everybody else, The roleplay is up and running! Its called Jaunsma Academy if your struggling to find it :D post away at will!

of course! just haven't done too many RPs and when i do join one it usually dies out and is quite sad so i'm hoping this will be amazing!
Yeah I find that is often the case.... well at least for this one I can promise to keep pushing forward story points and content for you guys as as you stick around :)

From the Teen Justice Original RP:

Name:
NaCl (Nickname: Salty, because why wouldn't it be? xD )
Secret Identity: Lux Russey
Appearance: 5' exactly, long dark brown hair, bright green eyes, costume is a light grey with specks of black scattered throughout, a short cape draped around her shoulders, tied in the front, flowing down to the middle of her back
Power: halokenisis (the ability to control and manipulate salt. Why is this a thing? Ooh, this should be fun! >:3)
Weapons: Um... Salt? xD
Gadgets: nope
Animal companion(s): a cobra made out of salt, nicknamed Karma
Animal companion(s) powers: everything a normal snake can do, but it can especially hurt if it gets to your eyes. >:3
Personality: Very athletic, a go-getter, and always one to start a fight. Lux uses Karma as a sort-of shield against enemies, fighting through it as opposed to herself. The two are very close, though, and the salt snake has grown a personality of its own, usually accompanying Lux no matter where they may be. NaCi makes friends easily, and is a bit on the loud side, but she knows when to shut up and doesn't ramble about anything.
Reason why he/she applied: She wanted to show the world that a superhero with a rather stupid power can save the world, and this was the perfect way to do so.

Here's a list of things the above form missed out on:
Usual Clothes:
249b67d35e362545d755628dbb0d310c.jpg
History: Lux lived a normal life- a little too normal. She wanted to do more, so, whaddya know, she did. After being teased about having the 'dumbest superpower in existance' by others, she wanted to prove them all wrong once and for all. While training herself with the salt from the shaker, she wondered if she could create a life with the stuff. With some extra concentration and practice, Lux eventually made Karma. He was a tiny garter snake, seeing as the amount of salt used was limited, and the girl instantly fell in love with it. Wanting to make it bigger, stronger, and quite possibly an ally, she took the tiny creature to the beach, where she was actually able to take some salt out of the ocean very carefully and build up Karma's body into the massive kobra it is today. Sure, it doesn't usually stay sentient for long, but Lux always keeps the same salt used to create it in a special pouch, so it can come alive whenever she chooses.
Weakness: water, accidentally manipulating the salt inside her body, physical pain (Since she's not used to it and usually runs away quick enough to not be hit, this sensation is sort of foreign to her.)

Last edited:
From the Teen Justice Original RP:

Name:
NaCl (Nickname: Salty, because why wouldn't it be? xD )
Secret Identity: Lux Russey
Appearance: 5' exactly, long dark brown hair, bright green eyes, costume is a light grey with specks of black scattered throughout, a short cape draped around her shoulders, tied in the front, flowing down to the middle of her back
Power: halokenisis (the ability to control and manipulate salt. Why is this a thing? Ooh, this should be fun! >:3)
Weapons: Um... Salt? xD
Gadgets: nope
Animal companion(s): a cobra made out of salt, nicknamed Karma
Animal companion(s) powers: everything a normal snake can do, but it can especially hurt if it gets to your eyes. >:3
Personality: Very athletic, a go-getter, and always one to start a fight. Lux uses Karma as a sort-of shield against enemies, fighting through it as opposed to herself. The two are very close, though, and the salt snake has grown a personality of its own, usually accompanying Lux no matter where they may be. NaCi makes friends easily, and is a bit on the loud side, but she knows when to shut up and doesn't ramble about anything.
Reason why he/she applied: She wanted to show the world that a superhero with a rather stupid power can save the world, and this was the perfect way to do so.

Here's a list of things the above form missed out on:
Usual Clothes:
ua7vexk
History: Lux lived a normal life- a little too normal. She wanted to do more, so, whaddya know, she did. Nothing much else to say here. (Sorry this is short. :| )
Weakness: water

This is trash, I know. It's tricky to write since I'm in class, so I'll edit this later.
Nah it's all good, certainly fine if you plan on editing it later as well :) I am very happy to see this salt power, should be hilarious when we get to see it in action XD

Although that picture for her clothes doesn't work im afraid.

Last edited:
You are just showering me with praise and it's getting a little weird. But thanks, You too!
You not used to being praised for you posts or something? I dunno I feel like now im running my own rp its my job to tell people when I liked there post, my bad man, sorry for weirding you out.

You not used to being praised for you posts or something? I dunno I feel like now im running my own rp its my job to tell people when I liked there post, my bad man, sorry for weirding you out.
No, it's fine. I didn't mean it like that. Also, I get told a post was good once and a while, but that's it. I normally don't take it seriously.

@Ivitiriku , I am gonna let it slide this time but you really shouldn't have made that post without out waiting for a reply from science first, because now there is going to be some back-pedaling involved and that's just messy. Try to avoid that in the future please.

Glad to see that you're still projectile spewing out the amazingly detailed role-play threads, Jake.

Name: Nikolai Montgomery
Physical Appearance: Nikolai is a hodgepodge of various nationalities. His (adoptive) father was English and his (adoptive) mother was Russian, but he was adopted from China and raised in the Netherlands. He dons a shock of shortly cut, white hair and curved blue eyes. A spot blemishes the right corner of his mouth and his frame is gangly and slight. He takes on the air of a gentleman with a minor instability, at that.
Clothing: A black, sleeveless overcoat over a purple t-shirt. A battered top hat with a purple hatband. Black gloves that go up to his elbows. Ripped jeans and wingtip shoes.
Personality: Charismatic, childlike, and easily excitable, Nikolai is a fanatic over weapon arms of any kind and, especially, guns. He has good intentions, but often gets lost in his own selfish thoughts and intoxications. He can be very apathetic and cold; notably on the field of battle.
History: Nikolai spends much of his time and early life with his maternal grandfather, whom he shares many interests with. His mother has the power of detecting lies and his father has the power of sensing emotions, but it's unknown what powers his biological parents have or had. Although doubtful of the usefulness of his own power, he agreed to attend schooling for it.
Powers: Clairsentience (The ability to perceive the history of an object or person by touching it).
Weakness: Hermansky-Pulak Syndrome. Perceiving the history of an individual person (Or, any living thing) gives him a splitting headache and/or causes him to fall ill.

Last edited:
Glad to see that you're still projectile spewing out the amazingly detailed role-play threads, Jake.

Name: Nikolai Montgomery
Physical Appearance: Nikolai is a hodgepodge of various nationalities. His (adoptive) father was English and his (adoptive) mother was Russian, but he was adopted from China and raised in the Netherlands. He dons a shock of shortly cut, white hair and curved blue eyes. A spot blemishes the right corner of his mouth and his frame is gangly and slight. He takes on the air of a gentleman with a minor instability, at that.
Clothing: A black, sleeveless overcoat over a purple t-shirt. A battered top hat with a purple hatband. Black gloves that go up to his elbows. Ripped jeans and wingtip shoes.
Personality: Charismatic, childlike, and easily excitable, Nikolai is a fanatic over weapon arms of any kind and, especially, guns. He has good intentions, but often gets lost in his own selfish thoughts and intoxications. He can be very apathetic and cold; notably on the field of battle.
History: Nikolai spends much of his time and early life with his maternal grandfather, whom he shares many interests with. His mother has the power of detecting lies and his father has the power of sensing emotions, but it's unknown what powers his biological parents have or had. Although doubtful of the usefulness of his own power, he agreed to attend schooling for it.
Powers: Clairsentience (The ability to perceive the history of an object or person by touching it).
Weakness: Hermansky-Pulak Syndrome. Perceiving the history of an individual person (Or, any living thing) gives him a splitting headache and/or causes him to fall ill.
Projectile spewing is what I do best ahah. This is a really interesting character so yeah your 100% in, feel free to post as soon as you like :)

Name: Vivienne Proust
Height: 6'0"
Physical appearance (Can be strange if its something to with your powers.): Clothing- Formal black. A black blazer over a black dress and a large black hat, or a black dress. Body-Vivienne has dark skin, she has black hair and brown eyes. She is beautiful. Her hair is shoulder length. She has red lips. The dresses she wears are often shoulder dresses.
Personality: Manipulative, cold-hearted, strict.
History: Vivienne was told by her parents that success doesn't run on kindness, so she used this advice to not show much positive emotion to anyone besides a select pocketful.
Powers: Ability to control volume of any noise giving ting.
weakness (Every hero has one right?): Silence, she can't use her powers on silence, obviously. During silence she gets a headache, ironically, so she always listens to music.

Name: Vivienne Proust
Height: 6'0"
Physical appearance (Can be strange if its something to with your powers.): Clothing- Formal black. A black blazer over a black dress and a large black hat, or a black dress. Body-Vivienne has dark skin, she has black hair and brown eyes. She is beautiful. Her hair is shoulder length. She has red lips. The dresses she wears are often shoulder dresses.
Personality: Manipulative, cold-hearted, strict.
History: Vivienne was told by her parents that success doesn't run on kindness, so she used this advice to not show much positive emotion to anyone besides a select pocketful.
Powers: Ability to control volume of any noise giving ting.
weakness (Every hero has one right?): Silence, she can't use her powers on silence, obviously. During silence she gets a headache, ironically, so she always listens to music.
As long as you can keep up grammatically and in terms of story telling your in :) Feel free to post as soon as your ready.
@chredwards are you talking about Knox in your post? You may need to make that a little clearer.

Last edited:
Name: Syphiel Noire
Height: 5"11
Physical appearance: Green hair & Emerald eyes. Due to powers his hair and eyes have turned green and he almost looks like a walking tree Dryad. Long hair tied into a pony-tail, (refer to N for a vague idea of his appearance)
Personality: Quirky, Eccentric, usually calm.
History: A child born of a Dryad mother and an unknown, he has been able to talk to plants since young but appears quite as he'll stare at trees and other shrubbery for lengths of time, deep in conversation.
Powers: Control of plant-life, can photosynthesize on a small scale.
weakness: Fire, Ice, Lack of sunlight, Herbivores, Herbicide, anything harmful to plants.
I only have one problem with this guy....and that's that we already have somebody with control over plant life