• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Looking to make a superpower academy roleplay.

If there's a combat class I expect you to use the idea's I gave, if only to display the (former) prowess of team Nightshade!
Well at least I haven't told you all my secrets ~
i plan to use some of those skills of course! thank you and it's cool we'll have a great time

Here is a list of all the other activities:
1. Weight lifting
2. A climbing wall
3. Dodging. Basically many, many, many tennis balls are hurled at you.
4. Destruction. Your given three different wooden crates of various thickness. DESTROY THEM.
5. Range. Your given a handful of pebbles and some tin cans set up on a wall, knock them over. You dont have to use the pebbles ut if you dont have any ranged powers it would help.
6. Defence. Imagine a punching bag if it was swung from a chain about 10 meters high, with enough impact force to send you flying. Good job the academy nurse was around for this one...
7. Snakes. Snakes are thrown at you. Because you never know what a super hero could run into. Your graded on how little you get sneked.

Stella will probably do terrible at all but destruction.
I mean maybe she could jinx the snakes? Dont give up hope on the poor girl yet :p

Yay!! Draco can freak out becaus the villain i mention she faught was snake based! I can have her go all ballistic and be like "FUCK MY LIFE!!!" or just started huddling im a corner xD

i torture my charas top much

Oh, I swear the snake thing was coincidental XD

Here's a few ideas:
1. Zach lifts the weight for 20 seconds, before it falling on him and rendering him unconscious.
2. He literally just teleports to the top.
3. More teleporting, but runs out of power near the end and gets hit by a few.
4. Manages to destroy the first crate after 3 bottles of Gatorade and 20 minutes. Gives up afterwards.
5. Hurls the stones surprisingly accurate and knocks down the corners, sending most of it crashing.
6. Teleports away from it on instinct. Then, gets knocked out for another hour.
7.See number three.

Here's a few ideas:
1. Zach lifts the weight for 20 seconds, before it falling on him and rendering him unconscious.
2. He literally just teleports to the top.
3. More teleporting, but runs out of power near the end and gets hit by a few.
4. Manages to destroy the first crate after 3 bottles of Gatorade and 20 minutes. Gives up afterwards.
5. Hurls the stones surprisingly accurate and knocks down the corners, sending most of it crashing.
6. Teleports away from it on instinct. Then, gets knocked out for another hour.
7.See number three.

If you could all do this ^^^ for me, it would be very, very appreciated. Makes my life a little simpler :)

My dear boy......of course not, as much as I hate to limit you like this I already specified I wanted them done before Mr Pistris had his lunch XD

1. Because Nikolai is so very manly and strong, he barely lifts it an inch before going red in the face and dropping it.
2. He's determined not to make a fool of himself this time. He rolls up his gloves and struggles to the top in an underwhelming 11 minutes and 57 seconds.
3. He tries his best, but is still rather out of breath from his previous attempts. He gets pummeled - and another nosebleed.
4. Nikolai leisurely dismantles the crates by hand after deciding there was no way he could smash them by brute force.
5. Hey, this actually involves scientific calculations and stuff! He can do this. He aims and hits the cans with minimal difficulty.
6. The lad didn't stand a chance. He was sent flying, as expected, and landed in a groaning heap.
7. Oh, good God. Nikolai puts on a sadistic show of crushing one of the snakes' head beneath the heel of his shoe, sending the ones closest to him scattering. However, while basking in the thrill of the kill, he, indeed, gets sneked.

Welp, these look like plausible results.

1. Manages to lift 50 lbs after some struggle.
2. Over exposure to sun forces Sylph to give up after 10 ft mid way.
3. A wall of ice does a splendid job of blocking all the tennis balls. Dodges for about 3 mins before expose to sun renders him too tired.
4. Creates a large pillar of Ice directly under the boxes. Pushes boxes of pillars letting them smash against the ground. Repeat for each box with higher pillars where necessary. Gives up mid way if the box doesn't break after being dropped from 20m high
5. Pulls out a bow, ties pebbles to the arrows and knows the cans off in a leisurely manner. (P.S. was waiting for a test like this moondietiesarehunters)
6. Side-steps the bag. Creates a bubble of water to absorb the impact.
7. Reduces the temperature around his body causing the snakes to flee.

1. Depends how much weight is being lifted. Anything over 37 pounds is too much for her. (I guess. xD )
2. Yeah, she's good here. Even though she might not be able to make it all the way to the top, Lux won't stop until she does.
3. Easy peasy! She can just build a sturdy wall of salt! I mean, that's the obvious solution, right?
4. Lux'll probably just build up Karma's body until it's the largest it can be with a fairly limited supply of salt and get yelled at by Mr. Pistris.
5. For whatever reason, Lux would probably just carry the pebbles to the cane with her salt.
6. Yeah, not quite sure how salt can help here. She's doomed.
7. You didn't make this one specifically for Lux and Karma, did you? xD You might as well've, since this is right up both of their alleys! Lux would keep Karma sentient while both of them would, probably, try to befriend the snakes in the process.

Welp, these look like plausible results.

1. Manages to lift 50 lbs after some struggle.
2. Over exposure to sun forces Sylph to give up after 10 ft mid way.
3. A wall of ice does a splendid job of blocking all the tennis balls. Dodges for about 3 mins before expose to sun renders him too tired.
4. Creates a large pillar of Ice directly under the boxes. Pushes boxes of pillars letting them smash against the ground. Repeat for each box with higher pillars where necessary. Gives up mid way if the box doesn't break after being dropped from 20m high
5. Pulls out a bow, ties pebbles to the arrows and knows the cans off in a leisurely manner. (P.S. was waiting for a test like this moondietiesarehunters)
6. Side-steps the bag. Creates a bubble of water to absorb the impact.
7. Reduces the temperature around his body causing the snakes to flee.
I have only one problem with this one. A bubble of water absorbing that much force? I mean I realise it would stop it a little bit I'm pretty sure you would still get 80% of that impact :p

1. Animal strength in the arms can only get you so far when the rest of your body can't compensate for your new strength. He could probably lift a lot but then have to stop instantly.
2. Monkey limbs could probably get him up to the top, but he would take a while to actually climb over the top.
3. Monkey legs, mantis arms deflection. Got this mostly covered.
4. RHINO CHARGE! This might actually fail on the thickest crate.
5. Even with better throwing power Isaac is never going to hit them.
6. Elephant strength? Pangolin armour? He might be able to beat that.
8. Snek attack.... when you become the half-Snek, you still get into Snek fights if only the bottom half of your body can do it.

1. Uses his photosynthesis power to give him more strength, however after using it in the race he only lifts it for about 2 seconds before dropping it in front of him
2. Creates vines to lift himself to the top with and scales down the other side himself.
3. Dances elegantly creating millions of flower petals (various colors and flowers) that seem harmless but shred anything that gets within 5 feet of Botny
4. Hahaha, wood...Botny waves his hand and turns the crates into sawdust
5. Grows a vine near the cans and knocks them over in one sweep
6. Creates walls of thick vines encased in wood with giant thorns, around himself
7. Botny creates a small field of flowers that give off spores that put you to sleep, and uses his photosynthesis to dodge the snakes but being his third time using it, he is getting pretty tired so he gets sneked a few times

I vote for team CTF next, with two teams (four people) teaming up against another four people. That way the other two can just like not do anything.

1st Botny (17)

2nd Isaac (24)

3rd Zach (30)

4th Slyphiel (33)

5th Lux and Knox (37)

6th Vivienne (44)

7th Nikolai (46)

Stella (54)

So here is the scores my friends, I had the individual events but I can’t get them into Pokecharms for some reason. It works like golf, less points is better. You have no idea how long this actually took XD

I have only one problem with this one. A bubble of water absorbing that much force? I mean I realise it would stop it a little bit I'm pretty sure you would still get 80% of that impact :p
By bubble i don't mean i thin layer I'm referring to a large enough orb of water that would encompass my entire body. Thus as it encompasses Sylphiel it would have a diameter of roughly 6ft. If anything though i'll just add more bubbles.
Water is a very good absorbent of impact btw, since all the force upon impact is converted to waves and dispersed.

By bubble i don't mean i thin layer I'm referring to a large enough orb of water that would encompass my entire body. Thus as it encompasses Sylphiel it would have a diameter of roughly 6ft. If anything though i'll just add more bubbles.
Water is a very good absorbent of impact btw, since all the force upon impact is converted to waves and dispersed.
All the same I realise water is a great absorber of impact but thats if it has substantial mass and isn't being held aloft by magic water bender powers, if you drop a car from 10 feet up its still going to plunge a good 5 metres into the water. Anyway what's done is done, I did consider each event carefully to see who would do the best and I'm sorry Sylphiel perhaps didn't do as well as you had hoped.

Thanks for the appreciation guys :D yeah sorry I can't get the individual events into Pokecharms through, I did them in Excel so..

Ya'll did a bunch of stuff whilst I slept...

Aaaanywho

1 Her max weight is around 90 ish pounds, like human being weight (We're ignoring the fact she used herself as a substatute pillar for a collapsing building, even though she was indeed crushed after a few seconds)
2 Because she likes doing things the right way, also because flying with light wings while being hunted means you'll be spotted easier, she scales the wall rather quickly, jumping around a fourth of the way up, running another fourth, then finally activates her claws and scurries the rest of the way on all fours and activates her light quick speed. Just jumps back down and lands like its no biggie.
3 Even if its in straight lines only, she just flickers around everywhere, dodging at the speed of light.
4 Breathes fire and burns the crates
5 Hits most of then but runs out of pebbles, fireballs a few more, runs out of breath after
6 Gets hit, she disappears, a few swings later reveal her perched on top holding the chain and riding it like a swing on the playground
7 Goes ballistic, freaks out, basically scurries around on all fours hissing and snarling and killing any snake that gets too close, also activates her 7 clones running around in a literall rainbow of carnage, gradually starts realizing she'll detransform soon after she finishes.

Ya'll did a bunch of stuff whilst I slept...

Aaaanywho

1 Her max weight is around 90 ish pounds, like human being weight (We're ignoring the fact she used herself as a substatute pillar for a collapsing building, even though she was indeed crushed after a few seconds)
2 Because she likes doing things the right way, also because flying with light wings while being hunted means you'll be spotted easier, she scales the wall rather quickly, jumping around a fourth of the way up, running another fourth, then finally activates her claws and scurries the rest of the way on all fours and activates her light quick speed. Just jumps back down and lands like its no biggie.
3 Even if its in straight lines only, she just flickers around everywhere, dodging at the speed of light.
4 Breathes fire and burns the crates
5 Hits most of then but runs out of pebbles, fireballs a few more, runs out of breath after
6 Gets hit, she disappears, a few swings later reveal her perched on top holding the chain and riding it like a swing on the playground
7 Goes ballistic, freaks out, basically scurries around on all fours hissing and snarling and killing any snake that gets too close, also activates her 7 clones running around in a literall rainbow of carnage, gradually starts realizing she'll detransform soon after she finishes.
Uh....Draco seems a little powerful when compared to the rest of the characters in this roleplay....

Hmm, not by too much though, the Speed of light is such a large value that even a faction of the speed of light is an absurd speed. So absurd in fact that it makes moving at it more of a hindrance than of a useful power. even 1/1000 th of the speed of light is still 300km, the only real use for moving at the speed of light is if you could control it to such a degree that you only use about 1/100000000 th of that speed. Though first question would be how draco moves at the speed of light, since its technically impossible for anything with mass(but this is fiction so what the hell *shrugs*). If she we're to turn her body into light then she would have no mass and could move at the speed of light but the only problem is that light and all electro-magnetic waves are born at the speed of light with no acceleration in between, so in that case using a fraction of the speed of light is impossible unless draco reacts at the speed of light making her able to switch her speed on and off in like 1/100000000th of a second or in nano/micro seconds depending on what you want to convert it into.

She can condense herself into pure light, she can't necessarily react on a dime, and i realize some of what i typed contradicts what she actually can do.

she can react almost as quick as the speed of light, which sounds confusing and isn't really true. Her mind moves fast enough that she can essentially see in slow motion, making her know and react quickly, but physically she can't react as fast.

yes she can move at the speed of light in long burts in straight lines. Usually what happens is after a burst she needs to stop a moment, rearrange herself, and then dash off again. can she do it in several short bursts? no, which i messed up on, but she can move slightly faster than what can be considered human when she is transformed.

but i am no longer half asleep so when she dodges, it will be her dashing around on all fours. when she climbs she scurries up using her claws and on all fours, not going at the speed of light.

She can condense herself into pure light, she can't necessarily react on a dime, and i realize some of what i typed contradicts what she actually can do.

she can react almost as quick as the speed of light, which sounds confusing and isn't really true. Her mind moves fast enough that she can essentially see in slow motion, making her know and react quickly, but physically she can't react as fast.

yes she can move at the speed of light in long burts in straight lines. Usually what happens is after a burst she needs to stop a moment, rearrange herself, and then dash off again. can she do it in several short bursts? no, which i messed up on, but she can move slightly faster than what can be considered human when she is transformed.

but i am no longer half asleep so when she dodges, it will be her dashing around on all fours. when she climbs she scurries up using her claws and on all fours, not going at the speed of light.
Alright then, no problems anymore :)