• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Leagues

I'd think it would be cool if pokecharms had like a league, clique, loop or gang section where they could make up their own leagues (club things) just for fun.

I mean it could be about anything that fits in the rules.
Plus you could make up special club rules anyway. For example if I wanted to start an Ice Pokemon league it would have to follow some rules.

I was just thinking so yeah.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
I'm sure that something like that is useful on Serebii, where there are thousands of members - most of them fairly young - and all looking to be part of a group to make new friends/play games with/etc. Even though this place is a bit more active now thanks to the Trainer Card Maker, it's still just a small forum and I have no intention of ever letting it get away from that basic fact.

We don't want to be like Serebii's forums - we want to be unique. If you find something enjoyable here, then we're happy (so long as you're not breaking the rules/being an idiot/doing both), but we don't expect anyone to come here looking for a place like Serebii, and we don't expect anyone to be making this their "home" forum.

We're happy to be here to provide something the larger forums can't because of the smaller, more closer nature of the place - but we wont be splitting people off. If you want to be part of a group, be part of the forum group as a whole. Be active, be not stupid/spammy and make yourself a useful part of the forums.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
and we don't expect anyone to be making this their "home" forum.

Unless you're me. I'm very comfortable with the fact that it's my "home" on the internet ^^

May be a tad biased, though :p

Jokes aside, I think Alex said it best with this:

If you want to be part of a group, be part of the forum group as a whole. Be active, be not stupid/spammy and make yourself a useful part of the forums.

The "family-like" group dynamic is probably what I like most about these forums. Since they're smaller it's easier to get to know all the regulars, which I very much enjoy doing. Speaking directly with everyone may be a bit tougher these days since member numbers are picking up, but it's still a goal of mine to try to get to know everyone - or at least, everyone who actually posts actively and meaningfully.