• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Latest Pokemon Episode in Japan - MAJOR SPOILERS

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to JKaizer for the picture...

http://www.pocketnews.pokevillage.net/avatar/uploads/ag131result.jpg

So once again, Satoshi/Ash loses in the Pokemon League... As if none of us saw that coming. It was pretty obvious with the amount of League episodes left in Japan that Satoshi was gonna lose to Tetsuya. All I can say is, at least he didn't lose to Masamune :p

Thoughts?

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The ep itself was ok. Just ok though.

A) The battle music on the whole stank - not even an OK! or Advance Adventure BGM in sight.

B) They cut out the start of the Shiftry vs Torkoal battle to give way to Team Rocket (Who after a league of selling food decided it was time to get back into theiving and tried to nick the Pokeballs from the Centre's storage) and you really don't want that in a Hoenn League final battle...

C) Ash should have won. He almost did, Pikachu and Meowth were both uber-knackered. Even if Pikachu launched an attack that took itself down, Meowth would have hit the dirt first.

D) Either Ash fought Tetsuya in the semi-finals or they completely missed out Tetsuya's final battle. I'm not sure which way it is.

E) Grovyle and Corphish both surprised me by losing.

F) The played Symphonic Medley as a BGM from Pikachu's falling onwards and then played Glory Day to end the tourney - THEN played the Glory Day ending. Which is bleh, hearing the same song twice in a row aint a smart move. Hopefully next ep will see a new ending.

and on the subject of the next episode:

1) Misty's back
2) Agatha and Scott show up and Agatha is now the gym leader of Viridian City - and for some odd reason Ash fights her.
3) The ep after that is Mt Moon, I'm guessing that they're headed to Battle Frontier via Vermillion and so are heading through Kanto to get there. Makes sense also, since Squirtle returns.

An interesting fact is that neither May nor Max appeared in the preview. Then again, neither did Brock. In fact, in Viridian City Ash is pictured walking alone... Though the others may just be out of shot.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
MISTY?!?!?

Congratulations. The PokeMon Anime managed to alienate me again.

As if we didn't see Ash's losing and the Battle Frontier filler a mile away.

I hope that the D/P based season would be better.

Hm. As long as they don't have an Orre filler. I would NOT want to see THAT. x_X

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
StellarWind said:
Hm. As long as they don't have an Orre filler. I would NOT want to see THAT. x_X

I would! :D

Overall I've liked AG quite a bit, probably as much as Johto. Truthfully, though, if D/P ends up being the usual "battle the 8 gyms, enter the league, yadda yadda" all over AGAIN it will be relatively boring. You just can't beat something that much and expect it to be original.

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Heh...

I wouldn't want to see an Orre filler simply because it really doesn't sit well with the anime. I mean, the anime is usually a flowery pastel world, and Orre is like... an ominous wild-west-meets-mad-max setting, full of dark sinister plots and more GSC Pokemon that could possibly be good for it.

'Sides, Orre would only be downgraded and bastardized if it were shown in the anime.

(And Ash 'Snagging' PokeMon would be just WRONG. XD)

Advanced Generation was actually my favorite season so far. I didn't really like the first season (classic or not, the animation was bad-ish, most of the eps were... lame, at best... And Ash was an idiot.). I liked the Orange Islands, kinda (Especially a few specific episodes like the final league battle, which just plain rocked, and the 'Charizard Chills' episode, which was a real tear-jerker for me... Heh). Couldn't stand most of Johto - It was a real drag... I mean, It seemed like every single episode was meant to show off some new PokeMon... Most of them had the same format (although about mid-season-4-to-season-5 have snapped out of the formation and got better.)

Although, just for once, I'd want Ash to win, goddamnit. I mean, he always freakin' loses one of he final battles. Always.

(sighs) Well, at least he lost to the guy with the Meowth in Boots. ^^

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I can't say if AG was my favourite season yet because I still haven't seen all of it. Pokemon-wise, though, I like Ash's Hoenn team more than his Johto team, but I do wish he'd caught more Hoenn Pokemon overall. People were complaining that this season was all about "catching and evolving Pokemon" but I disagree... There wasn't enough of it! In the game we tend to evolve ALL of our Pokemon before the League. Why does the anime have to be any different? :roll:

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Baby blue really doesn't show up well against pastel green :p.

What I'm wondering is: what is a Pokemon Master, anyway? If Ash has got into the finals of several major Pokemon competitions, isn't he one already? Or does he have to win first time against every single challenger ever? 'Cos if so, no one would ever be one :shock:.

I also wish we got to see a bit more of the others' dreams. At least with May entering the Pokemon Contests, we've got to see her preparing for them. Whereas with Brock wanting to become a Pokemon Breeder - he seems to do pretty much nothing towards that, just cooking and lusting after anything female he comes across.