• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.
“Nope, I work- worked at... a restaurant. But here goes...”

Aisa paused for a moment to think of her next set. She decided to go for a theme of her job.

“Okay, at my job I work as a waitress, I help cook the food, and I bring people to their tables.”

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Urm, cook the foods...?" He guessed, a bit unsure about this one, "Since that's the only one that doesn't fall into your category...kind of?" He drawled, now more confused, "wait wait, waitress bring people to their table right? My Grandma never took me to a fancy restaurant but the waitress I know does that." He babbled, "Do they though...?"

“You’re right! I never really help cook, I can cook a bit but all the chefs there are much better. And waitresses are the ones that take your order and bring you your food, but I also take people to their tables. It kinda depends on the restaurant...”

Aisa knee she would began rambling about the inner workings of restaurants soon, and Kino would probably find that boring, so she stopped herself. She continued to stroke her tail thoughtfully, and continued to wish they had a deck of cards. She wanted to teach him Solitaire so he could amuse himself if he needed to. Maybe she could ask the food boy about it, he was probably the best chance to get a deck of cards.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Wooooooow, so you can cook!?" He bleeped, entranced by the knowledge of the outside world, "What kind of food can you make? What is the name of the restaurant? Are the meals there good? How much do you charge? How does it look like? Do they cook berries too? Is it true that some restaurant kill pokemon for food?" He rambled, honestly wanting answers to his forever list of questions. "Oh wait, it's my turn now right?"

After looking at the same, clinically clean and white walls of their cell and those of the hallway just outside it for a couple dozen minutes, as he gazed through the bars with a bored expression and twitching Arcanine ears, Leo had to admit it was growing dull rather quick, especially when nothing else of interest was happening nearby that he could be paying any sort of attention to. The boy lifted up a hand to rub the bleary out of his eyes and cover his mouth while he yawned not too long after, unsure whether to blame his new spartan living conditions or having his blood drawn for his newfound weariness, Guess it might have had more of an effect on me than I though
Stretching his legs as much as he could while sitting down, while his tail straightened out with the stretching, he absent mindedly remarked how the hard floor wasn't doing anything to help his state of mind, but rather just giving him a cold and sore behind, not that he really had anyone to blame but himself for sitting on it.

The black haired hybrid cracked his neck lightly as he stood up straight so as to stretch his back and arms better than he could while sat down, and walked over to what he guessed was his assigned bed, seeing as there was no one else to sleep on it anyways, and he tentatively sat down on it first not feeling like flopping on it head first like he did at home, before lying down and with his hands behind his head as his tail relaxed and let itself droop on the covers.
Fortunately, the more attentive part of his mind pulled through for him before he could get too bored as he tried to rack his brains about what other things had changed about his body, and what he could possibly do, Wonder if I can use moves, then. He closed his eyes and furrowed his brow slightly as he tried shoot fire out of his mouth, much like his faithful pokémon could do. Slowly, over the course of a couple seconds the temperature around him rose noticeably, although Leo remained unaware of it, and gave up after a minute or so of trying to spit fire, exhaling slowly and opening his eyes, "Well, he sure made it look easy."

Aisa was flooded with questions, and tried to remember as many as possible in her answer. She actually really enjoyed talking about her work, it was actually one of her favorite things.

“Umm... just simple stuff like eggs, I can cook Spaghetti but that is the only fancy thing and I can’t usually make that. The restaurant is called Ice Cube Café, and the meals are pretty good. I don’t usually eat them, I just serve them to people. I don’t really decide what we charge, the price is on the menu. Yes, there is a berry dish. And... well, I’m actually not sure. I know they use Chancey Eggs and Tropius Bananas, but I don’t think they use Pokémon meat... and yes, it’s your turn.”

She paused to catch her breath. She tried to remember if there were any non-Pokétarian foods on the menu, but she couldn’t remember just then. The restaurant policy was for the waitress to bring out the head chef of someone had a allergen or special preference, so she didn’t always remember those things. Not to mention the menu changed from time to time based on availability of ingredients.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Woooooooooooow," he drawled, eyes gleaming at the chunk of information he's receiving on the spot, "that's awesome!" He chirped, "I never taste spaghetti before but they sound delicious!" He clapped his hand enthusiastically, stopping only to think about his truths and lie. "Let's see....I have four friends, really like mochi, and I prefer reading nonfiction books." He listed, counting each fingers as he gave out the truths and lies.

“Oh! Spaghetti is my favorite food! It’s noodles, and Tomato sauce, and meat, and some really good seasonings... hopefully you can try it sometime. I hope dinner will be soon, I didn’t get much breakfast before they took me to the lab...”

Aisa was sad that her friend had missed out on so many things... but it was time to continue the game. She continued to stroke her tail as she pondered the options. The first one seemed specific enough that it was likely true. She didn’t know if he had had access to Mochi, but if he knew about it he probably had had it. And she hadn’t seen any books around, so...

“Is it the books one?”

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Yes." He said simply, and pouted, "They're just sooooooo, boring, like, why do I need to know about how someone achieve the title of Pokemon Master? That biography!" He huffed, waving his arms dramatically, "And why do I need to know about pokemons back then? They're still here today!" He exclaimed, then started to laughed, "But I would prefer a book right now then staying here." He piped. "Alright, your turn!" He chirped, sitting upright so he could focus on her.

Aisa nodded in agreement with his statement. She only needed a moment to come up with her next set of questions.

“Okay, I like my work, I like my family, I like watching TV.”

She sighed and looked out of the cell. She wanted to get back to her life. Sure, maybe it wasn’t the greatest or most luxurious, but she loved it.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Urm, uh....no one can not like their family..." Kino mused, tapping his chin, "And you seem to like your job...I think," he drawled, "So...is it the TV one?" He guessed, refusing to admit he had never seen a TV. Well, he did seen one, at school, but not often. And over the course of the years, it was most likely he forgot what it was, but it sounded like a food to him so...just screw it, he's just gonna guess. But then he hesitated about his answer after he had spoken it. Who would like to just merely watch food? Like, you can eat it, but watching it? Oh heck no. Too late, he had already made his guess, so he could only wait for her judgement of the guess.

Aisa shook her head. Her question had been intentionally tricky. She hesitated a moment, but decided she was willing to share with him.

“It’s my family. The thing is... I have a lot of siblings... and so, when I was growing up, my parents never really noticed me. I was the oldest, and so I could ‘fend for myself’, while the littler ones needed more care than I did... but anyway, it just...”

Aisa paused, unable to find words to explain her feelings. She decided she would go ahead and tell him a bit more, though.

“So, as soon as I was old enough, I went out to literally fend for myself. I have a job. I live by myself. But anyway, it’s your turn now!”

She tried to look and sound cheerful, but she was regretting choosing those questions. She didn’t really like to talk about her life before she met Dania, the restaurant owner, and began a new life.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Oh...." one of Kino's ears visibly drooped, whether it was out of pity or sadness, no one knew. Listening intently as to her reasons why, Kino really couldn't relate nor see why she is pressured by having many siblings. He himself had none, maybe if he had, there would've been more he could talk about regarding his family. Even as he thinks those thoughts, Kino didn't question her, and naively took her words for it, believing she was happy as her facade puts it as. "Okay okay, lemme see..." he murmured, making a thinking posture, "I play a flute, I suck at math, and I love dumplings."

Aisa had to think a bit longer on these questions. She had a hunch, but she went through the options in her mind before coming to her decision. She highly doubted that he disliked dumplings, so she mentally put that out of the way. That left her with the fact that he was either bad at math or played the flute. From there it was a tossup from a logic standpoint, so she went with her hunch.

“I think you don’t play the flute.”

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Kino wagged his tail and shook his head enthusiastically, "Nope!" He chirped, "It's not that one!" He corrected, "I've had a flute for as long as I can remember! My grandma got it for me!" He told her, "That leaves you with only two options now! I suck at math or I love dumplings!" He laughed, putting up a finger for each choice she had. "It'd a 50/50 chance now unless you want me to tell you!" He bleeped joyfully.

“Well...”

Aisa sighed. She had gotten it wrong. But at least he was giving her a second chance. She might as well take it.

“Is it the math one?”

Her ears were still slightly down from a few minutes before, when she had told him about her family. She pushed her tail off her lap.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
"Nope! It's the dumpling!" He laughed, breaking into a giggling fit, "I don't like dumplings!" He admitted that without a fault, "Sweet dumplings are okay but I can't stand the steamed ones! Boiled ones are no exceptions." He explained, "They just taste weird, and I hate the skin too." He told her, "The things they put inside the meat is also disgusting, like, who put celery into dumplings?!" He demanded, then chuckled, "Your turn Big Sis!" He urged.

Aisa sighed. She had gotten it wrong. Again. She took longer this time to think of her next choices, but she got a few.

“Alright, I have been to a Pokémon League battle, I have been to a video game tournament, I have been to a Pokémon Contest.”

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Kino's mind spin on that one, to him, all of them seems possible and not possible all together, he couldn't really choose only one. But then again, he never went to either, except a pokemon contest, his school decided that was a good field trip location and so he tagged along. "Is it...the League Battle?" He guessed. Aisa never seemed like the brutal one, so she probably doesn't like violence between pokemon, whether it be just for fun or not. But as he thought about it, she might just be tagging along with her friends also, like how he tagged along with his for the field trip. Keeping his mouth shut, he merely watched her for her to tell him whether he was wrong or right.

“Nope, I went to one. I was a baby, it was before any of my siblings were born, and my parents... had time for that. Well, since you gave me an extra chance last time, you get one now.”

Aisa was motionless except the movement from her breath. She didn’t realize it, but her breath was actually frigidly cold, although Kino’s own heat probably nullified the cold air before it reached him.

Willow Tree

Previously Brightheart
Kino made a deep face once again, stumped by the choice he now had. He could whether get this right, or he could get it wrong and kinda even it out with Aisa. He don't know, so he'll just randomly guess. "Urm....video game?" He shrugged, at this point not trying on that guess, but it couldn't help to try.

Aisa smiled.

“Wrong again! I went to one with my bo- my best friend. He designs video games. Anyway, we went one time... so yeah, I’ve never been to a Pokémon contest, though I’ve seen one or two on TV. Your turn now.”

She smiled slightly as she remembered the times she had spent with Alaf, her video game designing nerd of a friend. She didn’t realize that she might never see her friend again.