• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto league tournament

Zack just stopped when Layla brought up his mother. He sent out Foliage.
"Sludge bomb, on her feet," Zack ordered. His victreebel hesitated at the command, but shot a blob of sludge at Layla's feet, keeping her stuck there.
"Just stop. Your not going to help. Your not special to me. We are not anything. That kiss was nothing. I was way to emotional, and shouldn't have even laid a hand on you. Go back to Riley, when you get free, and stop following me. I can't do this anymore," Zack said, as he kept walking down the roof in the rain. He returned Foliage, and the Speedster. Then he walked over to the ledge.
"Lance," was all Zack quietly said, throwing out his dragon. He jumped off the roof as Lance caught him. He knew Torch would follow once he brought the two back.
"Now actually take me somewhere no one is going to be unlike Torch, where they can't find me," he ordered. Lance didn't look happy about his masters sudden change, but did as commanded.

A crimson haired girl with freckles and brown eyes walked into the hotel. She was wearing her classic dark red shirt with ripped jeans. She looked around for someone who was susposed to be meeting her, but as usual hadn't shown up.
"Oh Arceus Zack what could you possibly be doing now," Hazel wondered, as she sat down at a table in the lobby. She pulled out her phone and asked Zack where he was, and waited patiently for him.

Layla's heart dropped when he sent out his Victreebell and had it fire a sludge bomb at her feet. She didn't have anytime to dodge and was just thankful that it was only sticking her feet in place and not actually harming her. She tried to get free but she wasn't going anywhere, she stopped trying to get free when Zack unloaded everything he had to say about her at once. If it wasn't clear before it was abundantly clear now that he was very upset. She tried to chalk up everything he spat at her as just heat of the moment yelling but she couldn't quite convince herself. His words definitely hurt, but she wasn't going to show it. She just stared at him with regret as he left her there stuck to the roof. She stayed quiet for a while after Zack flew away, stirring over what to do about him while trying to get out of the sludge. After a bit she looked back at Riley refusing to show any sign that she was affected by Zack, instead she smiled lightly with embarrassment. She giggled lightly trying to lighten the mood and act like nothing serious happened. "oops." She wasn't sure how Riley was going to react to all of this but she really didn't know what she could do to help Zack. She was blaming herself for what Zack was going through but she wasn't going to make the internal struggle external.

Riley didn't know whether to feel bad or angered at Zack. Riley understood why he was acting out. Obviously he was still recovering from some traumatic experience and when Layla asked about his mother, it just made it worse. However, there was still no reason too literally send out Pokemon to defend him from the people trying to help. What angered Riley the most was that Zack actually had the nerve to use sludge bomb on Layla's feet. He had been listening to their conversation, not wanting to interrupt because he originally thought they were just having an argument like couples do. But when he listened to some of the stuff Zack said, he realized that wasn't the case. Riley watched as Zack eventually flew off in the rain, leaving Torch behind. Riley looked at Torch and could see how sad it felt for its trainer before it flew off after Zack.

"Well that just happened." Riley was still unsure of what else to say. When Riley turned to Layla, her facial expression made it look like nothing had happened. She was smiled and even giggled a bit. It was clear that she wanted to act like nothing happened and Riley couldn't blame her. Riley looked to her feet to see that the sludge was starting too dissolve due to the rain. However, Layla was only wearing a t-shirt, which wasn't a good thing. She didn't have her umbrella on her so walking would be out if the question. Riley decided that he should heal his Alakazam so he could just teleport them back to the hotel. Once he sent out his feinted Alakazam, he pulled out a revive and a hyper potion to fully heal it. Riley hated to do this version of teleport as it was costly to Alakazam's health and was determined mainly on Alakazam's accuracy. He would have to teleport from place to place until they were close enough to reach the hotel. Teleporting multiple times in the span of seconds really weakened Alakazam so Riley made sure he had a potion in hand.

First off, they had to get rid of the sludge right now. "Alakazam, use psychic on that sludge." Alakazam's eyes started to flow as the sludge on Layla's feet started to be ripped away. When it was all gone, Riley walked up too her with Alakazam at his side. "I'm going to have Alakazam teleport us to the hotel. But we're going to have to stop at some places on the way since Alakazam can't reach the hotel from here." Riley didn't want to let her know that it would be dangerous for Alakazam because he felt that it would be one more unnecessary thing to worry her with. Alakazam its hands on each of them as it got ready to teleport. "Also, there might be some side effects for us." Riley said right before they teleported away. They had first stopped in the middle of a gang hideout for the first stop. Luckily as soon as a member decided too shoot first, Alakazam teleported them away. The next stop, Riley couldn't tell if it worse than the last. They had arrived in a couple's hotel room while they were making out. Thankfully it was nothing more and Riley made Alakazam teleport them before they were noticed. That would've been awkward for all of them. The last place before the hotel was at the bakery which was closed and Riley immediately smelled the sweet aroma inside the building. It was probably the closest thing to do the move sweet scent. Riley took this time to heal Alakazam with a potion. Finally, they reached the lobby of the hotel. As soon as they landed, Riley nearly fell over due to the dizziness from all the teleporting. After taking a second to recover, Riley looked at Alakazam. "Thanks Alakazam." Riley returned the Pokemon before turning to see how Layla was holding up. "Yo Layla, are you alright. I'm sorry if I gave you a late warning about the side effects." Riley rubbed his hair as he realized his mistake.

Zack landed on the abandoned hotel where the previous battle had taken place. He looked at all the burn marks, blood, and the giant hole made from Boulder.
"This is more like it. Thank you, Lance," Zack said before returning him. After a while of walking around Torch came flying in and landed on the roof as well. He grunted and snorted at his master for being so rude to his friends.
"Don't you start with me! Your the one who brought them up on that roof and is the reason this entire thing started. I said all I wanted was to be alone and instead you bring both muncher friends up there, your the one to blame right now, so return," Zack ordered, bringing Torch back into his pokeball. He pulled out his phone to see several missed calls and unanswered texts.
"Oh great, I forgot about Hazel!" Zack yelled to himself. He opened his messages and told Hazel he'd see her soon. Zack sent out Lance again.
"Hey I'm sorry to ask you this so soon, you've barely gotten any rest, but I need you right now, I need to go see Hazel." Zack eagerly asked. At the word 'Hazel', Lance perked up and put Zack onto his back. He launched off the roof, and rocketed towards the hotel.

In a matter of seconds, they were at the hotel. Zack returned Lance and walked up to the doors. He saw Hazel sitting at a table. He also saw Riley and Layla who must have just arrived.
"Shit!" Zack quietly cursed, before moving out of there field of view. Zack pulled out his phone and texted Hazel with, meet me outside.

Hazel sighed and looked at her phone. No new messages. Suddenly a boy a girl, and an Alakazam appeared out of no where right in front of her.
"AH!" She yelled, before falling back in her chair, causing her phone to skid across the floor near the new people. Luckily it was just her and those new people in the room, so no one saw her slip up. She got up and rubbed her head.
"Damn does that happen often? If it does I'm out of here," she moaned. Then her phone buzzed with a message.

Riley giggled nervously at Riley's comment, glad he wasn't going to really get into it. She was just waiting for the sludge to wash away but she was starting to get wet from being out in the rain for a bit. She smiled when Riley and his Alakazam came over and freed her from the goop. "Thanks, not a cool move on Zack's part I gotta say." She raised an eyebrow when Riley explained what he was going to have Alakazam do and she supposed it would be better than walking in the rain. Just before they teleported she heard Riley say something about side effects but she didn't have anytime to ask about it before they were warped to some type of hideout "Holy shit teleport, teleport right no-" They teleported again just before the thugs could do anything. They appeared in a couples hotel room and she felt incredibly awkward and looked away from the couple and prayed they wouldn't see them. Then a bakery which was a welcome change from the other places, she noticed Riley use a potion on the Alakazam who seemed a little strained. She pieced together it was probably bad for the psychic type to do this, which explained why they didn't do it a few nights ago when Riley needed help. then finally the got to the hotel lobby. Her dizziness had been building up with each teleport but when they finally stopped at the lobby as soon as the Alakazam let go of her the room seemed to spin and she fell on her butt and held her head trying to stop the spinning. She had her eyes closed but she heard Riley apologize for the late warning about the side effects. "We should have walked." She stood up and shook her head, shaking her vision back to normal before noticing a phone on the ground that she didn't recognize. She picked it up with a confused look on her face just before she saw a girl who seemed to be picking herself up from falling. Just before she said something the phone buzzed and the screen came to life showing a message from a 'Zack' to meet him outside. Layla stared at it for a second in disbelief and figure it had to be a different Zack and besides she felt bad for looking at someone elses message. She walked over to the girl and put the phone on the table. "I think you dropped this."

Hazel finally recovered and took the phone off the table.
"Thanks, my friend is always showing up late," she said, not sure why she was telling them this. She looked st her phone and saw Zack'a message.
"Oh finally, I'm so excited to see Torch again," she told herself, a little to loudly. She made sure she had everything and walked outside to see Zack leaning on a wall.
"Where have you been? I've been waiting for like 20 minutes!" Hazel complained, walking up to him.
"Shh! I don't need them seeing me, now come on, this way," Zack quietly said, walking away from the hotel with Hazel.
"What is going on? I haven't seen you in forever and you already have something more important to be worrying about?" Hazel asked, annoyed. Zack looked back, to make sure they hadn't followed, and then at Hazel.
"My trip here wasn't been the best... I've made friends, made enemies, had some weird experiences..." Zack briefly explained in lightest terms.
"Clearly. You have a problem with those two?" Hazel asked confused. Hazel didn't know what was going on, but understood there was something wrong with those two.
"Yes... No.... I don't know there's to much to explain right now, let's talk somewhere else ok?" Zack asked his old friend, as they walked down the sidewalk together.
"Ok, but you better fill me in 100 percent when the time comes. And you better let me see Torch, and Surfer, and Speedster and all of them!" Hazel warned.
"Yea yea yea now let's move, please." Zack said, as they continued down the path.

Riley chuckled at Layla's comment on saying they should've walked. "Yeah, but with the clothes you're wearing, you would've definitely caught a cold. I need you at one hundred percent tomorrow for our battle." Riley told her. He watched as a girl sitting nearby had been so shocked by their arrival that she dropped her phone and it skidded towards them. Layla was nice enough to pick it up and place it on the table. Before the girl walked away, she mentioned something about her friend always being late and how she was excited to see Torch again. "Wait, Layla, she just said she was excited to see Torch again. Do you think she meant Zack's Torch?" Riley asked Layla after Hazel walked away. It was too much of a coincidence to not question. Riley still didn't even know about the text message that Layla saw and he was already suspicious.

Layla smiled when Riley showed concern about her walking in the rain. She was still a little stressed over the battle tomorrow, she was going to do her best to keep her promise but every time she thought about how their teams compared the idea of victory seemed far off. Layla was just going to shrug off the weird Zack coincidence until the girl said something about meeting Torch again. Layla stood there for a second with several questions running through her mind. How did they know eachother? who is she? Why is Zack the worst? were just a few. Layla turned back to Riley and nodded. "There's no way it isn't. She had just gotten a message from a 'Zack', guess it wasn't just a coincident. The message said to meet him outside. Part of me wants to go confront him but I don't think it would accomplish anything. Besides she said 'see Torch again' so they probably haven't seen each other in a while, however they know each other. So.. I dunno, what do you think? Personally I'm tired, wet and I just want to talk with Zack without screaming. I don't think that would happen tonight so I'm set to just leave it be."

"Wow, I didn't know Zack was that type of person." Riley was still trying to wrap his head around it. He had come to the conclusion that Zack was basically hiding stuff from them the whole time. He wondered if Zack actually meant what he said to Layla, especially after finding out he was with another girl. Riley looked at Layla and even though she didn't want to show it, she was probably hurting in the inside. Maybe it was time to stop talking about Zack. "Yeah, you do look a bit messed up. Being soaked and tired at the same time does not make a good combo. Hopefully those reporters haven't ransacked your room." Riley had forgotten about the reporters and he had figured that they might actually be crazy enough to go in Layla's room. 'What if they went to my room?' Riley had to go see for himself if the reporters actually went inside. "C'mon Layla, I'll take you to your room. If they were in your room I'll make sure too find out who they are and have their licenses revoked." Riley told Layla as they started to walk to her room.

Layla wasn't sure what she thought of Zack but seeing that other girl waiting for him helped her make up her mind. She was a little bothered that he kissed her even though he had a girlfriend but she tried to not let it bother her too much. Layla was a little surprised with how nice Riley was being to her tonight when he offered to take her to her room. She couldn't really think of a specific reason for his behavior but she wasn't going to argue about it, it was nice to have a genuine friend. She thought it would be nice to tell him that sometime but she didn't think he would be into that sappy stuff. As they were about to start walking to her room she remembered everything that happened early. She walked with Riley but she cursed herself for forgetting. "I totally forgot, Torch burst through my window. There's a giant whole in my room and one in my hallway. They may have just blocked off my entire room.. Geez that would suck." She was starting to try and think of other places she could sleep. She considered the lobby but she figured that was probably frowned upon and also dangerous. She didn't want to ask anyone else because she didn't want to be a burden. If her room wasn't blocked off she might just try to sleep in her room anyway even though it will be super cold.

"Well that would suck for you. I'm pretty sure after all the commotion, especially after the first window Torch broke, they definitely blocked it off." Riley tried too think of what Layla should do. "Maybe they would give you another room for free if you tell them what happened." Riley thought for a second and realized that Layla might not want to get Torch in trouble. "Or you can just get another room." Riley guessed, unable to think of any other ideas. Once they got close enough, he could already see the 'Do Not Enter' signs on the door. "Well I guess you only have two options. Rat out Torch or just pay for another room." Both of those options sucked for Layla and Riley scratched his head as he tried to figure out another one.

As Zack and Hazel walked down the sidewalk, getting close to the stadium, Hazel grabbed Zack's hand.
"Oh come on Hazel, you know we aren't a thing, this isn't what just friends do," Zack reminded her, for the 100th time. If there was one thing about Hazel Zack never forgot, it was her care free nature.
"Stop being a baby, who cares what other people think? As long as we know that we're just friends than it doesn't matter what anyone else has to say... Besides, you should stop trying to deny I'm hot and admit that you like me. I'm the first girl you ever adventured with, so I deserve the bad ass ninja guy more than any other girl," Hazel told Zack for the 100th time as well, giving him flirty faces and poses, laughing at her stupid actions.
"Damn Hazel, you really have changed a lot. Last time I saw you, you were just that nerdy girl who always knew everything and had everything perfectly planned, but now your... I don't know. No, I'm not admitting your... Attractive, or that I like you. And don't talk about me like that, you make it sound like I'm someone who has a bunch of girls on me at once. I just want to be a normal guy, with normal Pokemon, and normal friends," Zack reminded her as they walked up to the arena. Hazel just rolled her eyes as she walked with him. Zack looked back at the hotel. Having lots of windows, Zack hoped Riley or Layla couldn't see him and Hazel from where they were. The two walked inside to the nice feeling of warm AC. Zack walked away from Hazel and shook his long hair everywhere to dry it off. Hazel giggled at the act.
"You really need a haircut," Hazel declared, laughing again at Zack's long orange hair.
"Ha ha. Very funny yea, now I need you to do something for me. Close your eyes," Zack requested.
"Wow, I wasn't expecting our first kiss to be with my eyes closed but I guess beggars cant be choosers," Hazel said, closing her eyes. Zack just rolled his eyes as he threw out his Pokemon.
"Alright open. Sorry to disappoint, the best your getting from me is a hug, but you could possibly get a kiss from Boulder, he's the strong silent type," Zack joked, as Hazel opened her eyes. Her face lit up seeing her old friends. She rushed over to Torch first, swinging her arms around his neck. Then continued to say hi to all her old friends. When she finally finished she noticed one of the TV monitors showing her and Zack together.
"Oh my Arceus now I see why you didn't want to hold hands, the media just dives at every little hint of romance they can find don't they?" Hazel asked, surprised at the people's wants these days. Then something clicked with her, and her jaw dropped.
"You like that girl back there don't you?!" Hazel asked, smiling at her friends secret.
"Yes, they really do now a days... And if I'm being honest, I used too. It took a slap, and lots of yelling to realize it but me and her are just not good together. We're like to mangets that repel," Zack said harshly. Looking at Hazel. She finally realized that Zack had really been through a lot here, but still didn't take it to seriously.
"Well hey, you always have me," Hazel flirted, putting her back onto Zack.
"Ok jeez! Your a little to obsessed with trying to get with me. What changed you so much?" Zack asked uncomfortably, moving away from her.
"I went to Kalos to long, I think that place takes over your brain with lovey dovey shit. Anyway, let's go get ready for the semifinals, I'm not missing any second!" Hazel exclaimed, rushing down the hall. Zack just shook his head with a weird face that read, this girl is crazy. Right before puffing up his cheeks and breathing out heavily. Then her returned his Pokemon and rushed off after his friend.

Layla frowned when they got to her room which was taped off so it was clear sleeping in her room wasn't an option. She listened to Riley and really didn't like either option. The only other option she could think of was relaxing in the lobby but not going to sleep so no one could sneak up on her or anything. She knew Riley probably wouldn't like this idea so she wasn't going to tell him, she was just going to do it. She smiled lightly at Riley as she turned back toward the stairs. "Well I think I bugged you enough for one night, thanks for you're help! I'll talk to a hotel staff member, or something. Get some rest, I'm looking forward to tomorrow!" She started walking bak down the stairs not excited about the situation she was in but she wasn't going to complain too much, she was just going to deal with it.

"Wait!" Riley called out as he saw Layla walking away. "Actually never mind. I had another idea but since you're going to talk to the staff then you probably have an idea of your own." Riley actually believed she was going to talk the hotel staff and not just stay in the lobby the whole night. Besides, he figured that Layla would probably not even accept his offer. Instead, Riley just watched her walk away, hoping for the best.

Layla stopped and turned back to Riley when it sounded like he had an idea. "What's up?" Layla was very curious when he dismissed the idea because it looked like she knew what she was doing. She went to walk away but was trying to figure out what Riley's idea was. She really wasn't looking forward to being in the lobby all night so despite how pitiful it was going to look she turned around again to Riley. "I mean maybe you have a better idea so, tell me please?" She wanted to avoid telling him what she was going to do because she doubted he would approve.

Riley wondered what made her decide to ask. He thought she already had it covered. "Well I doubt you would accept my offer." Riley started as he thought about how to word his idea. "Maybe you could stay in my room..." Riley paused as he forgot the rest of the idea for a second. "Yeah, you stay in my room and I'll just get another one for myself." Riley didn't want to tell her about the shady deal he made with the manager of the tournament, he just had to let her know he had enough money to afford it. "Yeah, don't worry. I have enough money too afford it." Riley said, hoping she wouldn't question how he was basically rich all of a sudden.

Layla's cheeks turned rosy when Riley suggested staying in his room for the night. She didn't want to burden him even if it was probably the easiest option for her. She was about to answer before he finished his thought. Layla couldn't believe he would even suggest that, that seemed way too giving than anyone should be. Also paying for another room would be pretty expensive especially since basically all the rooms are full because of the tournament. Even hearing he has enough money to afford it she shook her head, there was no way she would be that big of an inconvenience to him. "Wow, well thanks for the offer but I can't do that to you. That is just way too much. I'll see you tomorrow though! Oh I wonder if they will have some of those hype clips for the semi-finals like last time?" With that she turned to walk down the stairs again, she was still really surprised by his offer. She couldn't believe how nice he was being.

Riley ran his hands through his hair as Layls turned down his offer. As he said earlier, he had figured that she would turn down his offer. He didn't worry that much as he thought Layla already had a plan. "Yeah, I knew you wouldn't accept the offer but it was worth a try. Well good night then. I wish you luck in finding a room." Riley told Layla before he walked to his room.

As soon as he got inside, his phone started to ring. 'Private number, that's weird.' Riley though as he looked at the number. Without worrying, Riley answered the call. "Who is this?" Riley asked the caller. "The person who's paying you. Everything is going according to plan and I've sent the money to your account. Just don't go spending it on everything." The manager told Riley. "Yeah, I know." Riley responded. "Good. I expect a win tomorrow against the woman that defeated your supposed rival. I want you too make it a quick match. Only lose one or two Pokemon. That way when the finals come around, everyone will be betting for either you or Cortez. That means more money for the foundation." The manager added. "Cortez, am I supposed to care who he is?" Riley asked, not knowing that Cortez had a part in the creation of the injection. "He's a business partner. That's all. Just make sure you win and you'll get what I promised you. Oh, by the way, I ordered you dinner." The manager said before ending the call. "What the heck?" Riley asked as he put his phone away. A moment later, he could hear knocking at his door. When Riley opened the door, there was an hotel employee with a red scarf around her neck there to deliver his food. There was so much and it smelled so good that Riley couldn't wait to dig in. Once the door closed, Riley made sure to eat as much as he could.

"Just talk to them and get information that way." He said. Mcniel smiled a little bit. "What's the fun in doing it the easy way." he said.

"Ok"Nion said before the car stopped at the middle of the city and nion got out as McNiel drove away. Nion went to the hotel and to the door of his room and he opened the door to find abunch of cops looking around the room. Nion just stepped back away from the door and looked at a little telovison in the hallway he saw Zack and some girl who seemed to be Zacks girlfriend that wasn't layla. Nion felt bad for layla not knowing the situation. Nion was tired and wondered if any of his freinds could help. He went to Zacks room first being a idiot and knowing he was with his girl freind. He went inside only to find Zacks stuff nion placed 500 dollars on the floor to pay back for what he did to him. He then went to laylas room to give her money for what he did to her and he saw the hallway fucked up and a broken window so he knocked on the door until he eventually opened it. But no one was inside and he stepped in looking at the window that was now broken he went back and decided he'd give her the money in person since he was giving her extra because he wanted her to replace the window and he still thought she was upset abut Zack and he felt like the money might make her day a little less shity. So nion went down to Rileys old room to find a body bag with the carcass of the person in the room he killed right in front of Riley he then realized where his new room was by looking in the hotels booklet. He was walking to his room and he saw a maid walking away from it. Nion then went up to Rileys room and knocked on it hoping he could stay there he wouldent be much of a problem he'd just sleep on the couch and anyway he was giving him money as well but he thinks he heard two people in there. "Um hello this is nion I have to ask you something"Nion said while knocking the door.

Riley stuffing himself with all the food he got when he heard someone knocking at the door. At first he thought it was Layla, thinking she had changed her mind. Instead he forced himself to silence when he heard Nion's voice. He didn't know what to think. He thought for sure the police had gotten him. Riley, then walked up to the door and slightly opened it. "Give me one good reason I shouldn't call the cops on you?" Riley asked, very suspicious.

While Hazel was walking around the stadium looking at small shops and looking for shorter shorts and purses, Zack was barely standing.
"Hazel for the love of Arceus that's your 3rd pair of shorts! Can we leave already?" Zack complained as Hazel compared to shirts.
"What do you mean? There are still so many more things to look at!" Hazel replied, finally deciding on a black shirt with a skull on it. Then a thought that would save Zack's life popped into his head.
"Oh! I forgot my wallet in my room! I'll be right back!" Zack said before sprinting down the hall.
"ZACK!!!!" Hazel called down the hall, with an angered look on her face. Then she sighed and went back to looking at clothes. Zack didn't stop running until he was at the hotel. Zack rushed inside, bursting through the door. He came to a stop, panting and putting his hands on his knees. He looked up to see lots of shocked and confused eyes on him. He simply smiles with a nervous laugh, and kept moving down the hall with his head down. He was coming up on the stairs when he noticed Layla coming down them.
"Ah shit!" Zack quietly cursed, before moving out of the way. He couldn't find anywhere to hide and was left there in the middle of the hall. All Zack could do was prepare for a lot of yelling.

Riley opened the door and he threatened nion. "Hey I haven't done anything to you instead of tying you to a chsir and possibly killing you in a matter of seconds but what the what you wouldent do that to me I saved your life ounce and I need to give you something."Nion said giving Riley 500 real dollars. Nion started walking away. "Thank me later I feel as tho I fucked up this weekend for you guys"Nion said walking away. Nion then wad running down stairs. He then found layla who was down stairs. "Hey layla!"Nion screamed before falling down the stairs. "Fucking great"Nion screamed aid laughing while getting up. "I need to give you something"Nion said pulling out 1500 real dollars and giving it to layla.

Layla gave Riley a small wave as she went down the stairs still wondering if she should try to finagle a room or just go with her original plan. As she neared the bottom of the stairs she was surprised to see Zack just in the middle of the hallway. He looked pretty winded and he had a sour expression as he watched her walk down the stairs. She knew he probably still didn't want to deal with her so she wasn't going to bother him to much. She honestly wasn't super mad at him, just concerned but it was clear he wanted to be alone. or with the other girl, so she wasn't going to interfere. She smiled warmly at Zack acting like nothing happened. "Hey, what's up? Hope ya have a good night." She was planning on just keeping it brief and saying that in passing but her attention was drawn when someone call her name and fell down the stairs after her. After he picked himself up laughing she recognized it was Nion and raised an eyebrow. "Quite the landing, you okay?" Layla's eyes widened and she backed away from Nion and put her hands in the air. "Holy shit Nion, I appreciate the gesture but there's no way I could take that from you. You don't owe me anything." Layla didn't know what was with people being super generous to her tonight but she just couldn't accept any of it without feeling like some type of burden.

Zack was a little stunned by how calm Layla was acting.
"Uh, I'm fine... Why are you acting all cool? I just trapped you in the cold rain and you just seem totally normal. Did you hit your head?" Zack asked a little concerned. He was more surprised when Nion came stumbling down the stairs.
"Well shit Nion, whats the rush?" He asked curiously. Then Zack got even more surprised when Nion gave Layla a shit ton of money.
"Holy hell! One, where do you even get that kind of money, and two, why are you giving her that much?" Zack asked now really curious on what Nion has been doing. Knowing Nion, he probably robbed a bank for it, but Zack wasn't going any further than asking those questions.

Meanwhile Hazel was finally entering the Hotel. She was soaked and mad.
"ZACK!!!" She yelled, very pissed that he ditched her just to 'grab his wallet'. Zack got stunned hearing her voice.
"Uh, bah duh, um. I gotta run!" Zack said sprinting up the stairs up the hotel. He just barely avoided Hazel as she came towards the stair case. She pointed to Layla.
"Hi, I don't know if you remember me, but have you seen a guy run by here? Orange hair, wearing mostly red or orange, acrobatic, tall, handsome, fit," Hazel described, getting a little to in depth. Hazel shook her head out of a day dream.
"Uh, I meant stupid and out of shape. I was thinking of someone else," she lied as a cover up, getting a little embarrassed.

Layla shrugged her shoulders in a relaxed manner when Zack asked why she was acting like that and wondered if she hit her head. "Probably." She was happy to see Zack had calmed down a bit too and it seemed like her laid back attitude was pretty effective in making things more casual between them. She was about to excuse herself when the girl from before screamed Zack's name and Zack fled up the stairs quickly to avoid her. Layla really didn't know what was happening, probably some couple game or something. The girl pointed at Layla and described Zack and asked if she had seen him. "Doesn't sound very familiar... Oh, stupid and out of shape? Yeah, he went up the stairs." Layla answered playfully. The girl seemed nice enough, not sure why Zack was running from her though.

"Haha, well thanks, I gotta go catch the bastard. Oh, and in case I run into you again, the names Hazel," she announced smiling, and then rushed up the stairs calling Zack's name. Zack had already made it to his room and locked the door. This girl is crazy! Zack thought before noticing a lot of money on the ground. He walked over and picked it up.
"Ha! Yes! Now my excuse actually makes sense! Thanks random person who left this money!" He said to his dark room as he picked up the money. He crammed it into his wallet and stepped outside his door. Hazel was standing there arms crossed with an angered face. Zack just slowly lifted his wallet and smiled.
"I told you," he said breaking the tension.
"That still doesn't excuse you for running off on me! Now come on road runner we are going back to the stadium. No buts about it," she said as she's snagged Zack's wallet.
"Besides, you have to if you've want your money back," Hazel said with a devilish grin. She then sprinted down the hall and jumped down the stairs until she reached the bottom floor. She waved to Layla as she ran by laughing. Zack soon followed jumping down many flights of stairs.
"God dammit Hazel get back here!" He yelled running after her, almost tripping to avoid crashing into Layla, and then continuing to chase her.

Nion was about to say something until Zack came and said something and he ran up stairs when the girl who was after Zack came and asked questions that she got answered to by layla the girl then ran upstairs and ran back down stairs and zack ran after her. Wtf just happeneed nion asked himself. "Getting back to topic I want you to keep the money and get yourself a good new room and use the money after words on whatever you desire I feel like I've ruined all your days and layla I feel like you deserve recondition I meen zack and Riley showed that to you but I feep like I've always been a pain to everyone but layla I feel like you deserve more alot more"Nion said with a clear voice looking at layla while his eyes were red now because his body was changing. Nion then got out a copy of his hat out of his book bag and put it on.

"Okay..." Was all Riley said when he recieved the money before Nion just left. Riley just closed his door, put the money on the table went back to eat while he watched some tv. After he ate, he went to take a shower. "That was refreshing." Riley said to himself once he came out. It was a long day but now it was finally over. After putting on his night clothes and doing some other things, Riley shut off the lights and went to sleep.

After what seemed like hours of shopping Hazel finally finished and the two walked out of the stadium.
"Well, I think I got a good amount of things, enough to supply me the rest of the trip," Hazel said as they walked towards the Hotel.
"No kidding... Anyway Hazel do you have a room yet? I'd think that all the rooms are filled by now and you only got here today," Zack reminded her. Hazel thought about that for a minute.
"Nope, I was planning on rooming with you for the trip," Hazel admitted as they walked into the Hotel.
"Wait wait wait wait. First you go and spend a bunch of my money, and now you want to borrow my room too?" Zack complained as they walked pass Nion and Layla. When the two reached Zack's room he pulled out his key and unlocked the door. Zack kicked off his shoes and jumped onto his bed.
"Wait where am I gonna sleep?" Hazel asked just now realizing there was only one bed. She put down her bags and looked around the small room.
"Ah, the sweet comfort of bed. Now I'm going to sleep, you figure out your own problems," Zack joked snickering. He turned on his side and after a while, fell asleep. Hazel was not going to be reduced to sleeping in the floor, and realized she only really had one option.

Layla waved to Hazel as she ran past them again with Zack in tow. They seemed like they got along really well, that's nice. She didn't say anything when Zack almost ran into her, she decided they should just have some fun together. Layla's attention was turned back to Nion as he explained why he wanted her to have the money. He was right it was plenty to get a room, if there was one available. She felt bad that he felt like a pain to everyone but she supposed he did go super crazy there for a bit. She wasn't really sure what he was talking about with her deserving more but she didn't really think so. She still could hardly believe she made it this far in the tournament she couldn't really ask for anymore. She smiled sincerely at Nion. "I really appreciate the gesture Nion, but I just can't accept it. It just wouldn't feel right. I hope you can start feeling more accepted and less in pain in the near future. I don't really know what you mean by 'you deserve much more' but can assure I'm fine with what I'm at." She trailed off as she watched Zack and Hazel walk up the stairs together. They weren't sleeping in the same room were they? With everything Zack seemed to be doing she was really starting to wonder why he kissed her in the first place. She looked back at Nion and smiled again as she walked toward the lobby. "Thanks for the offer Nion, I'll see ya tomorrow ya?" She walked down the hall and found a couch and just sat in it for a bit and closed her eyes to try to get a short rest in.

Nion just scratched his head as layla just declined his offer he just sent out his Dodrio and got on it he was sleeping outside under a tree tonight so he went under a palm tree that was on the in the middle of the city and under it he wondered wtf just happened and he went to sleept under the tree thinking about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Riley's alarm kept going off every few seconds and it took about a minute for Riley to shut it off. "C'mon, just five more minutes." Riley groaned as he messed with his phone. When he finally looked at the time, he jumped out of bed and ran into the bathroom to get ready for the day. 'Why do I always wake up late?'

After Riley was done with his morning routine, he grabbed his pokeballs and the money Nion gave him and ran out the door. Riley and Layla's would be first and it was supposed to start in about an hour. He hoped Layla found a room last night and had a good rest. As Riley got into the lobby, he heard someone call him. "Excuse me sir, I had noticed that one of your acquaintances had fallen asleep on the couch over there. I was just wondering if you have any idea why?" The lobbyist asked as he pointed to a couch down the hall. "Wait what?" Riley asked as he turned to look at where the lobbyist pointed too.

Zack finally opened his eyes to Surfer tapping him on the head.
"Dad just a few mor- Zzz" Zack sleepily muttered before falling asleep again. Surfer tapped harder and Zack got up for good.
"Ok ok ok! What is it?" Zack asked annoyed. Surfer simply pointed behind Zack. He gave Surfer a confused face and looked behind him. Zack shot out of his bed when he saw what Surfer was pointing at.
"HAZEL WHAT THE FUCK?!" Zack shouted looking at her sleeping in the bed. Hazel opened her eyes and jumped a bit at the extremely loud noise. It took her a minute to understand what he was asking.
"Where else was I susposed to sleep?! I'm not putting my head on that dirty rug!" She answered. Zack got the shivers at the thought of what just happened.
"Well you don't get in bed with me! That is totally crossing the line! Flirting is one thing, sleeping with me is a completely other thing!" Zack yelled, very annoyed and mad. He just shook his head and went into the bathroom. He took a shower, brushed his teeth, and got into his everyday clothes. He walked out and grabbed all his pokeballs, money, and accessories. He clipped on his ruby and returned Surfer, and walked out the door. Hazel noticed the ruby, and before Zack walked out, said,
"Ha! So you do care!" Zack just shook his head and closed the door behind him to leave Hazel to do her own thing. That girl is completely sick in the head. Zack thought walking into the lobby. He saw Riley talking to a staff member who was pointing at something. He saw Layla sleeping on a couch and considered going to see what was going on, but figured Riley had it covered. He instead raised a hand at Riley to say hey and walked out the main doors. It was really sunny and hot out that day, and Zack was great full for his shades. He yawned a bit walking towards the arena. Zack knew he'd be really early but he didn't have anything better to do.
"Well today is already off to a wierd start. Which, is essentially just a normal day here so, guess today is off to a good start then," Zack thought has he continued to approach the giant building.

Meanwhile Hazel was still getting ready in the room, probably because she couldn't decide on which of the 15 pairs of shorts were shortest, and which she should wear.

Nion woke up to abunch of people talking. He opened his eyes and looked around to see abunch of reporters. "People hes up hes up"One of the reporters said very loud. "What the fuck"Nion said slowly looking at the huge crowd of people. "Sir why did you try and give a thousand dollars to Layla evens"The reporter said. And at that moment Nion realized he fucked up. "Um because i could i had money so i tried and to give the money to her"Nion said. "Are you sure it wasent because you lo-"The reporter said before getting punched in the face by nion. The crowd of people stepped back a bit. "How do you guys even know that i was trying to give her the money"Nion screamed. "Theres things called cameras get with the program kid"One of the reporters said. Nion started to run back to the hotel with the crowd running after him but nion knew the camera men and reporters are the same exsact speed as him because they train for stuff like this. "Why do these people crave information i hardley even know her"Nion muttered under his breathe. Nion ran past zack. "Hey zack"Nion screamed before he was running back to the hotel. He got to the hotel and ran up the stairs as fast as he could. He past layla who was sleeping. Nion was passing her when he realized she would get noticed by the crowd. So he ran back to her and grabbed his comfortable wool blanket and covered her head to toes. Nion then saw riley. "Hey riley"Nion said as he started to run again. The crowd had then passed layla. Nion ran into zacks room opening the door. He closed it as fast as he could. He heard some one in the room with him so nion just ran towards the bath tub jumping in it and covering himself with the towles so he couldent be seen.

Last edited by a moderator:
She didn't mean to but Layla passed out on the couch in the lobby. She was sprawled out on the couch on her back with a little drool going down her cheek, which was probably quite the sight for whoever would walk by. Layla finally woke up to the sound of people running around and going in and out of the hotel and she was covered in a blanket for some reason. She really didn't remember putting a blanket on but it was comfortable. Finally she realized it was probably way later in the day than she suspected. She sprung up into a sitting position frustrated that she fell asleep in a public place and checked her pockets to make sure she still had her belongings. She wiped the sleep from her eyes and stretched out after sleeping on a couch. She nonchalantly looked around acting like she wasn't some weirdo that slept in a hotel lobby and trying to see if anyone knew she did. Just as she looks behind her she sees an employee and Riley staring right at her. Her face turns a little red and she quickly turns away and acts like she doesn't know what they could be talking about. She checked her phone and couldn't believe how many missed calls she had from her parents, she felt really bad about that but she was just pretty busy so she knew they would understand. She wasn't too worried when she saw the time, she wasn't too late waking up. Then a thought struck her and she panicked a bit, her bag was still in her room with all of her Pokemon. She decided because she still had her key card she would just bust into her room after talking too Riley. She rubbed her the back of her head and tried to fix her messy hair and smiled with embarrassment as she walked over to Riley and the employee. "Oh hey what's up? Uh, how did ya sleep?" She was going to try to see if she could get away with her stunt without anyone knowing any better.

Riley nodded to both Nion and Zack as they passed by. When he turned his attention to Layla, he could see that she was starting to get up. "Wait, she slept there all night?" Riley asked the employee, still in disbelief. "Yes sir. We thought that she was waiting for someone but instead she had fallen asleep." The employee told Riley. He realized he should've known that she would try something like that. Riley had a look of disapproval on his face when Layla walked up to them. "How did I sleep? Maybe I should be asking you the same question." Riley stated as he shook his head. "I don't know why you felt the need to sleep in the lobby when you have friends willing to help you. I'm pretty sure that Nion offered you money and you didn't even take that. Atleast that's something you and Zack have in common. You both can't even accept help." Riley told Layla before he walked away. While he walked, he felt a sudden surge of pain in his head. Riley just rubbed his temple with his hand and the pain was gone. He figured it was nothing.

Riley didn't want to deal with any of those problems anymore and if people didn't want his help, he wouldn't give it. Riley was done playing the nice guy and was just going to set his mind on the one goal he was there for. He went to one of the practice fields to cool himself off as well as get some last minute training. When Riley sent all his Pokemon out, he had a message to give them. "Two matches, that's all we have to win. We're not going to hold back anymore. We'll show the world what true power looks like!" Riley shouted as he clenched his fists. His team roared in excitement before they started their training.

Layla expected Riley to be a little baffled at her actions but she wasn't ready for his aggressive reaction. She didn't think she could slip one past Riley and she was definitely right, she really wasn't prepared for him to rip into her. He brought up some valid points that made her feel a little bad about her actions but she knew she had good intentions behind them. She was a little offended at his last comment but she didn't have time to reply to the verbal beat down before he walked away. "Riley come on it wasn't... Aw geez. Hey so my room was quarantined because something made some holes in the windows or something, at least that's what I heard. Could you let me into the room so I can grab somethings?" The employee was clearly a little uncomfortable after watching that dispute and nodded with a forced smile and they walked to her beaten up room. "Oh so that was your room? We thought someone would talk to us, we would have gotten you another room. Either way, I'll let you in." Layla cursed herself under her breath, her stubborn nature of trying not to be a burden really screwed her over this time. She thanked him for his help, got her stuff and and fixed her hair and headed right back out the door. She got a quick breakfast and healed up her Pokemon just to be safe. As she put the pokeballs back in her back she thought about the promise she made Riley and even though every logical outcome she can think of favors Riley by a wide margin she knew she owed her rag-tag team of misfits a bit of faith.

Layla walked by herself to the trainer waiting room and sat down, wondering where everyone was and then remembering there was really only four people left. Her attention was drawn to the many TV's in the room all showing tournament details. Then she saw what she remembered from last time.
"Aw sweet the hype videos!"

"It's that time of the tournament, Chip Chatman here with Barry Beef. We're gonna give you the rundown on the first match of the semi-finals, the incredibly anticipated match-up between the Renegade Riley versus Lucky Layla." "People have really been looking forward to this one Chip. Well to start off Riley has been an unstoppable force right from the beginning, effectively wiping the floor with every opponent. Not having any trouble until the quarter-finals." Footage of Riley's Charizard wiping out an entire team is shown as they do the voice-over. "I'd have to agree with you Barry, I mean just loom at his team. Charizard, Alakazam, Dragonite!? Just right there a wombo combo of hard-hitting monsters. He is most certainly a popular trainer and has been voted most likely to become champion in the polls. Riley is a known ferocious fighter and has actually hospitalized a few of his opponents!" "Scary!" "You got that right Barry, but if one thing is clear he is in it to win it. Riley has shown time and time again he and his team has what it takes to be champion, but does our challenger agree?" "Chip, Layla has caused quiet a stir in this tournament. Not only is she the only girl, she is also the first female trainer to make it to the semi-finals in over 10 years! Ain't that something Chip?" "It sure is Barry. One of the most interesting things about this young lady is her, interesting choice in Pokemon. Many have questioned why she brought a Vileplume, a Sandslash and the biggest surprise a Farfetch'd to the tournament. But she did, and she has quite a cult following now as well! In fact I hear there is even merchandise for sale!" Footage of her Sandslash is shown in the first round when it outplayed the Alakazam with clever tactics. "Despite this strange team comp she has displayed incredible quick strategic out of the box thinking that just might take her team to the top Chip!" "No one expected this ramshackle team to make it this far, so let's see just how far it can climb!"

Layla sat back in her couch with a smile on her face, she always enjoyed those. She was glad to see all that footage of her and Riley battling. She actually looked a little cool up there. She stirred over everything they said and was surprised by a lot of it. "Wait a minute, a cult following? Arceus, I hope it's nothing weird. At least people like me though, hey maybe I can turn this fame into something else hopefully. Anyway, merchandise? I have gotta see what they have sometime, that will be too good to pass up." She giggled to herself really happy with how well received her and Riley were to the masses.

After nearly destroying the entire practice field, Riley finally headed to the waiting room. The training got a little weird about half way through because people started showing up too watch and record the training. He couldn't really focus on strategy from there because he knew it would basically be seen around the world and he didn't want everyone knowing his strategies.

It was about a few minutes before it was time for the match when Riley walked into the training room. He had gone to get some late breakfast as he had basically skipped it when he stormed off on Layla. Riley didn't want to admit it, but he he had taken his time getting to the training room because he was trying to avoid Layla after the scene in the lobby. He hoped that when he got there, the tunnel to the battlefield would be open, however it wasn't. Riley felt the awkwardness creeping up as he saw that Layla was also there. He wanted to say sorry but he also knew that they were about to face each other in the semifinals. He thought it might look weak on his part of he did say sorry. Riley was still a bit unhappy that Layla hadn't taken his help and actually slept in the lobby. Riley had pushed away his pride to be walked home by her at night when he needed the help. He just couldn't see why she didn't accept his or Nion's help. So instead, Riley just stayed standing as he desperately waited for them to be called into the battlefield.

Hazel was had finally gotten dressed and was verging ready to go out when someone came charging into the room, and then rushed into the bathroom. Hazel completely froze. She slowly walked into the bathroom and moved the shower curtain.
"AAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!" Hazel screamed wacking Nion with her bag.
"Get out! Get out! GET OUT!!!" She demanded rushing out of the bathroom. She opened the door and ran as fast as she could down the stairs and into the lobby. She ran out the door almost falling over and sprinted as fast as her skinny legs would go all the way to the stadium, past Zack, found the nearest door and rushed into what was apparently the waiting room for trainers. She immediately hid behind the first person she saw, Riley, and looked over his shoulder to see if the lunatic had followed her. She saw he didn't and calmed down a bit.
"Phew, I was worried that pervert had chased me here," she said, finally moving back away from Riley.

Even from the stadium Zack could here the scream of Hazel.
"Well Rest In Peace anyone who was in a 50 yard radius of that girl," He said grabbing the door handle to the arena. He shook his head in frustration and finally let go.
"God dammit Hazel if I never met you there is no way I'd be going back to help you," he said to himself, starting to run all the way back to the Hotel. On the way though Hazel went rocketing by and rushed jnto the arena. He let it a giant UUUGGHHHHH and ran all the way back. When he got inside Hazel was no where to be found.
"Fuck it. I'm not wasting anymore time looking for her," Zack decided, giving up. He loaded up on snacks and things of that nature and got a decent seat in the dome. He sent out a couple of his smaller Pokemon to watch as well, and got ready for the first match.