• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Kanto league tournament

Riley was caught off guard when Hazel ran in the room and hid behind him. When she finally calmed down, she mentioned something about a pervert chasing her. "You mean Zack? I mean you guys are just..." Riley didn't feel alright about calling Zack and Hazel a couple in front of Layla so he thought of something that was the closest thing to it. "You guys are really good friends so maybe he was trying to have some fun with you." Riley thought that they were just playing another game and Zack just liked chasing girls around.

Nion was praying to god no one would find him who ever was in there. Nion figured out in was zacks freind. She came into the bathroom and opened the curtain and screamed so loud nion thought he had brain damage and it was worsts when she started whacking him with her bag. Nion just took the pain and when she ran away nion knew what was going to happen. The reporters came running in the room into the bathroom. "Why were you in that young inocent girls bathroom"One of the reporters said."What's your relationship with Layla Evans"One of the reporters said." Why are you stalking girls"one of them said.Nion realized his friends somehow were gonna see this.nion faced one of the cameras. "Help me"Nion said before jumping out of the bath tub and running down stairs he was running so fast he tripped down them. Now all the reporters were around him asking him questions about his relationship with Layla and some asking him why he's stalking girls and some asking about how he was stalking that one girl with zack.Nion just starred at the cameras."FUCK"Nion screamed louder then that one girl could scream nion just closed his eyes in dissapointement.

Last edited by a moderator:
"What? Zack is not a pervert. He's nice and sweet and h- anyway. It was this wierd guy with, uh, a hat. And red eyes, and wearing a lot of red... And he's ugly," Hazel explained as best she could, still paranoid. She kept her eye on the door and regained her finally regained his breath. To be extra safe she threw out her primeape.
"Sockem, block that door!" She nervously commanded. The primeape gave a sigh and walked over to the door and putting his back on it.

Drew yawned as he woke up. He stared at the sky and smiled lightly. Today was the day.' He thought as he stood up. beside him was Poli while on the other side of him was pine. "Alright guys time to get up." He said.

Layla saw Riley come in and she felt like she should talk to him before the match, she didn't want to leave things as they were. She got up and smiled as she walked up to Riley. "Hey, I'm sorry for kinda lying to you about what I was gonna do and turning down your offer to help. It's just that I would have felt like a huge burden on you if I made you get a whole other room just because of me. But I did really appreciate the offer. So.. I'm sorry." She paused as she repeated herself and cursed herself for not thinking this over ahead of time. She took a step back when Hazel burst in and started talking about a pervert or something. Probably just more games she was playing with Zack. They certainly are, very public about this stuff. She thought she recognized the description but she wasn't going to say anything. What did you do Nion?

While Hazel and her Primeape were trying to close the door, Riley focused his attention towards Layla. He had listened too her apology and sort of understood her reasoning. Now it was his turn too apologize. "I-I'm sorry too. I shouldn't have those stuff about you. Now I understand than you thought you were a burden which is why you didn't accept my help." Riley ran his hand through his hair as he tried to figure out what else too say. "But we're friends so I hope next time you can find a way to accept my help." Riley finally said.

He turned to Hazel afterwards when he realized who she might be talking about. "I think that pervert you're so scared of is named Nion." Riley told the girl. He wondered how Zack might feel if he found out that Nion was creeping on his girlfriend. As he thought about Zack, he had meant to ask how he was doing. "So, do you know how Zack is holding up? Last time I saw him, he was pretty pissed off but he looked a little better this morning when he walked by me. You must've cheered him up last night or he just had a good rest for his mood to change." Riley didn't even know what he was saying anymore. He just figured something happened last night which made Zack feel a little better.

Nion was surrounded by all the reporters He sent out his dodrio to get him out of there and it worked. He was then going to the stadium he heard riley and Layla in one of the rooms nion returned the dodrio to its pokeball and tried to open the door that was strandgely being forced shut and he just sent out his snorlax to push it back it only took a couple of seconds before snorlax forced the door open nion then walked in and saw a primeape that was on the ground sitting. " Hey Riley and Layla I wanted to wish you both best of luck oh and Layla teach riley a le-" Nion was saying all this until he saw the girl that was in zacks room. Nion then heard the reporters coming. He quickly went over to the door closing it and sending out all his pokemon to force it closed. " SHIT SHIT SHIT" Nion was screaming while the crowd of reporters were trying to open the door.

"AAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!! KILL IT KILL IT KILL IT!!!!!" Hazel screamed running behind Riley again. Though before anyone could do anything Sockem lost it. The pig monkey walked up to Nion with a furious face and punched him at least 100 times, with the force and speed of a train. Then the primeape grumpily walked over to its master and stood there cross armed. Hazel looked over Riley's shoulder again to see what happened.

Zack wondered why the first match hadn't started yet, seeing as it was susposed to start 15 minutes ago. He was going to go see what was going on, but decided he'd hadn't enough of getting involved in other people's problems. He just got on his phone and played games instead to pass time.

Nion had been punched in the face by the prime ape like 10 million times. Nion took the hits badly but he still showed no emotion toward the hits but they still hurt like hell he was going to ask what was that for before but he had an idea and knelt on the ground like he was dieing just to be funny he decided to do a little funny performance nion then layed on his back pointing his right arm to the sky."OH WHAT CRUEL FATE HAS BESTOWED UPON ME THE AGONY UNBEARARABLE AND THE HUMILITY GENERALLY ALSO UNBEARABLE AND I DIDENT EVEN GET TO TELL LAYLA MY FEELINGS AND ON TOP OF THAT ILL DIE" Nion said out loud joking before pretending to die. " No but realy this hurts" Nion said before passing out.

"Yes! Haha! Take that you perv! Good redince," Hazel said, proud of her Pokemon's work. The she stopped cheering for a minute, then turned to Layla, and then to Riley.
"Well? Aren't you gonna like, stomp on his face or something? He just admitted to liking your girlfriend!" Hazel said, a little baffled that Riley didn't seem to care.
"Fine, I'll do it for you," she said, not really giving them a chance to speak. She walked up to the knocked out Nion and kicked him in the crotch.
"Next time don't sneak into people's bath tubs you pervert!" She yelled at the unconscious body, and then walked back over to Riley and Layla.
"Your welcome," she said with a smile.

Layla was relieved Riley accepted her apology and was surprised when he apologized as well. She knew how much his pride meant to him so it was nice to see him put it aside for her. She grinned and nodded at his request. "Yeah, that's fair. Thanks Riley." Her nice conversation was cut off when Nion burst into the room and then got absolutely destroyed by an angry Primape. Layla could agree that she really didn't want to deal with reporters though. Layla facepalmed at Nion's over acting and was confused when he talked about his feelings for her. She chalked it up as just another one of his stupid jokes. She laughed nervously as he passed out and wondered when the match was gonna start. Hazel's attitude towards Nion was a little concerning but she wasn't going to say anything to start a conflict. Layla's full attention went to Hazel when she was confused that Riley wasn't getting mad about what Nion said. Layla's cheeks turned a little red and was going to explain that her assumption was off but didn't get the chance as she already marched off to kick Nion while he was down. Just as Hazel walked back over with a smile the announcer came on in the waiting room. "Contestants, please prepare to enter. You will make your entrances in two minutes." Layla backed away from the group not wanting to be late for the big showdown. She nervously smiled at Riley as she headed to her area. "I'll see ya out there." She left the group and waited in the hallway, nothing was happening but the crowd was still really loud. She figured having people rooting for her had to be her favorite part of the whole tournament.

Riley had watched as Nion ran into the room trying to save himself from the reporters only to have Hazel's Primeape punch him in the face. Riley didn't know what to do as he just watched the scene. Riley figured Nion was joking when he said the comment about Layla. He also felt no need to respond to Hazel's comment about Layla being his girlfriend because he already knew that wasn't the case. Soon enough, an announcement came through the speaker telling Riley and Layla to start heading to the battlefield. "Yeah, good luck Layla. You're going to need it against me." Riley said before he walked to his area. From the hallway, Riley could hear the crowd roaring, waiting for the battle to start. As soon as the announcer called them to the battlefield, Riley had his mindset only set on winning this next match.

Nion had been dragged away by a group of people in pig masks and nion woke up inside some type of room that had 4 bright flood lights pointed to him and there was a table with knives hammers even a tarantula in a jar the room was small and the walls and ceiling were made of cement. Nion started sweating nervously when one of the people with a pig mask came in the room with a white lab coat. " Hell Mr. Nion hows your day today I'm here to test your strengths and weaknesses so I'm gonna show you some pictures and I want you to tell me wich one do you care about more." The person said with his voice baffled by the mask. The person brought up two pictures a picture of his snorlax and a picture of his dodrio. " Snorlax hes battle bonded" Nion said. The man then brought up a picture of his mom and a picture of his dad. " Mom she was loving and caring" Nion said. The man then brought up a picture of zack then one of riley. " Ok wtf I don't know what game your playing here but I don't like it I pick both" Nion said. " Ok interesting last one" The man said before bring up a photo of his parents and a picture of only Layla. " Ok obviously I'm going to pick Layla because shes still alive I don't know what your playing by man" Nion said. " I want you to realize who you truly care about" The man said. Then more pig people came and knocked him out and nion woke up in a new hotel room and the tv that was starting Layla and rileys battle. Nion saw a note that said " You know who you truly care about" The note said. Nion just watched the battle not caring.

"Well, better go get some good seats for the match," Hazel said, as she turned to leave the room. As she was walking to the seats, she called down the hall,
"Good luck person I just met!" And finally found Zack. He bit his lip to stop from cursing as he hoped she wouldn't find him. He quickly sent out Foliage to take the seat next to him, and then Surfer for the next, and Speedster for the last. Hazel gave Zack a look of disapproval, and pulled him out of the seat.
"What a gentleman, giving up his seat so I could sit," she teased, giggling a bit. Zack just let out a breath of depression and leaned on the guard rail. Then Hazel got the fun idea to give Zack a kick with her foot, that made him fling over the edge.
"AAAAHHHHH! HAZEL YOU BITCH!" He yelled barely hanging on with one hand. His gloves did come in handy at times like this. Then Zack saw all the people looking at him with shocked faces, and didn't want to be the center of attention again.
"Um, uh, I can handle this! Carry on! Don't wait for me! Uh, Layla from uh, somewhere! Vs Riley from another place! Battle begin!" He yelled as loud as he could, doing his best announcer voice while dangling from the edge. He stared down st the extremely high drop. Ok, you got this, years of training and pushing yourself to the limit to not be able to do a one hand pull up? Pathetic. Zack told himself, beginning to pull himself back up. He managed to get his other hand onto the rail as well, and got himself up from there, as the crowd roared for a fantastic start to the semifinals. When he got back to safe ground he walked over to Hazel, grabbed her arm, and tossed her out of the chair.
"Fuck you," was all he had to say to her, as he reclaimed his seat.

As soon as the announcer said too begin the battle, Riley sent out his Alakazam. Riley grinned when his prediction of the Sandslash coming out first was correct. After watching Layla's battle against Zack, Riley had figured that the Sandslash would be sent out too setup and use stealth rock. Riley considered that one of the biggest threats to his team, especially Charizard. He didn't really have anything to counter ground types, so his Alakazam using one of its strongest attacks plus a boost from the life orb it was old ing should do the trick. Riley also didn't want to waste time. After what the manager told him last night, Riley would have to be able to defeat Layla with ease. Taking out Sandslash should be able to help with that. "Okay Alakazam, use a full power psychic on the Sandslash!" Riley commanded. Without hesitation, Alakazam's eyes glowed before Sandslash was lifted high into the air. The physical damage from the fall might hurt, but the mental damage would be worse. Once Sandslash was high enough, Alakazam let it fall to the ground. Once the dust cleared from the landing, Sandslash was knocked out.

Next, Layla sent out her Parasect and Riley immediately returned his Alakazam and sent out his Gengar. Bug types were super effective against psychic types and Riley figured he might need Alakazam later. When Gengar came out, it was hit by a leech life from the Parasect. It didn't seem that effective and Gengar shook it off. Layla must've figured that Gengar was going to use a super effective attack, so she switched Parasect out for Slowbro. However, Slowbro did take a full on sludge wave attack from Gengar. Layla had took a risk sending out Slowbro because even though psychic countered poison, ghost countered psychic. Gengar also had the speed advantage against a Pokemon named for being slow. "Gengar, use shadow ball." Riley order the ghost type. With a smile on its face, Gengar formed a sphere of shadows and shot it straight at the Slowbro. The Pokemon was so slow that it wasn't able to dodge and took the attack. It was sent flying and landed unconscious at Layla's feet.

Riley was a bit suprised when Layla sent out her Rapidash. He didn't see what advantage the Rapidash wound have against his Gengar. Since Gengar also didn't have its own advantage, Riley just made it use another sludge wave. The Rapidash took the attack head on and countered with a flamethrower. Gengar did take the attack and when it managed to escape, Riley could see that Gengar was heavily burned. However, other than the damage, the burn didn't really affect Gengar's attack stat because it was mainly a special attacker. "Gengar, finish it with another sludge wave." This time, Rapidash tried to run away from the wave, but it was eventually swallowed up and knocked out. It was now three to nothing in Riley's favor and he wondered if Layla was starting to feel discouraged. Gengar would maybe last atleast one more turn before it feinted so atleast Layla could say she got one of his Pokemon.

The crowd went wild when Layla sent out Shrub. Everyone believed that if anything, Shrub had what it took to turn the tide of the battle ever since her battle with Zack. They had literally jumped on the Shrub bandwagon. Well everyone except Riley. He could here people chanting Shrub throughout the whole stadium. It seemed they had forgotten about that Gengar was still barely standing. Riley was going to return Gengar, but it turned to Riley and gave him the look saying it wanted to fight the battle to the end. Riley nodded and respected his Pokemon's wish. Another wave of sludge came at Shrub and the crowd cheered when it continued to stand proudly. Everybody watched as a beam of wonderful light hit Gengar. It was moonblast, but Gengar was still standing. It stood up for a few more second before it succumbed to its burns. The crowd roared for Shrub believing that the comeback was beginning. Riley couldn't believe how much the crowd had jumped on the bandwagon. They must've forgotten about what Riley could do and it was time to remind them.

Riley decided that he would end the crowd's chanting of Shrub when he sent out his Charizard. He could hear the booing coming from the crowd, but he didn't care. They were probably expecting fire blast, but instead Charizard used a powerful air slash. The crowd got quiet as they saw Shrub get hit with the attack and fall to the ground. For a second, you could hear a little boy crying, then all of a sudden the crowd erupted into noise. Riley looked at Layla and mouthed 'sorry' to her. Riley figured that it would be all downhill from there and Layla might be discouraged. She did ask for Riley to go all out so in reality, he was just doing what she asked for.

Hupgup came out next and Riley was not going to lose to a Farfetch'd. Charizard used a fire blast on the Farfetch'd and it actually took the attack. Then too Riley's dismay, Layla ordered it to use roost. Now it was basically back to full health. "I'm not playing this game." Riley muttered to himself as he recalled Charizard and sent out Jolteon. As soon as it came out, Riley had no time give a warning as it was hit by a powerful slash attack, knocking it to the ground. The crowd must've though this was the second coming of Arceus because the roaring got louder and everyone stood up to see if Jolteon was still able to move. Thankfully for Riley, it was. Now Riley had to take a gamble. Jolteon would not be able to take another hit so Riley hoped that it would be able to outspeed Hupgup and take it out with a powerful thunderbolt. However, Riley was not expecting for Layla to recall Hupgup and send out her Parasect.

The Parasect took Jolteon's thunderbolt surprisingly well and Riley was left with another choice. However Jolteon gave him the same look as Gengar from before and Riley knew what he had to do. "Jolteon, thunderbolt one more time!" After tanking another powerful thunderbolt attack, Samuel used leech life, which took some of Jolteon's health and knocking out Jolteon at the same time. After returning Jokteon back to its pokeball, Riley sent Charizard out again. There was no way Parasect would be able to avoid an air slash unless Layla switched it out, which she didn't. Parasect took the super effective attack head on and feinted afterwards.

Layla only had Hupgup remaining and the crowd stood up for her, even though they knew the match was practically over. Riley wasn't going to keep the match going any longer and ordered Charizard to use fire blast and once again, Riley was left speechless as Hupgup was still standing. The crowd roared and cheered at this as they saw it as Hupgup's last stand. Even more unbelievable was the slash attack on Charizard. Hupgup literally brought Charizard to its knees with another clutch slash attack but not before Charizard had countered with an air slash. The crowd was even more louder than before with some Hupgup chanting going on. Charizard and Hupgup seemed to give some respect to each other before Hupgup fell to the ground. "Hupgup is unable too battle and that means Riley is the winner!" The crowd were on their feet as they cheered for both Riley and Layla.

"WOO!" Zack yelled, super hyped by the awesome battle. As he thought, Riley won the match, but he didn't care to much, he was just happy for the incredible action. Zack had to cover his ears though when Hazel started cheering, nearly making his ears bleed. He covered her mouth and his headache faded.
"Arceus Hazel, calm down!" He told her. She simply laughed and continued dancing around in joy. Zack just rolled his eyes and returned his pokemon. He got out of his seat and rushed down the hall, and into the waiting room. He figured that's where Riley and Layla would be heading after the battle, so he'd wait there to congratulate them.

Hazel was following Zack, until she caught a glimpse of a perfume stand, and was immediately sucked into the smells.

Nion had fallen asleep before the beginning of Layla's and Riley's match so he was having a dream a weird one... Nion had woken up in his dream and it was white all around full of nothing. "Hello"anion said out loud. Suddenly arceaus Popped behind nion. Nion faced arceause. "Why hello I am arceause the God of all Pokemon."Arceause said in a strong voice. "Am I dead"Nion asked with a confused face. "First off you'd be going to giratina if you were dead and your dreaming dummy"God said. "I'm just going to call you god ok now first why am I here"Nion said. "Well the pig people had been praying that you would be having this dream"God said. "But why?"Nion asked God. "Because you are lieing to yourself "God said. "Now let's get down to business"God said pulling up a bunch of files like the ones on computers." These are your brain files"God said. "Dear God I meen litteraly god these are a lot of files for my brain"Nion said. God was looking through the files until he found crushes. "Trust me it's empty"Nion said before God opened it up. "It is empty but it has this"God said before emptying it out. One paper had dropped. Nion picked it up and it said Layla Evans. Nion just shrugged. "It's lieing"Nion said. "No it Isent your mind would be lieing to you then which doesn't happen"God said. "I just.... Have I been lieing to myself this entire time"Nion said. "That's for you to decide"God said before disappearing Nion had woken up due to knocking at the door and apprently Riley had just won Nion just frowned a bit before going to the door. He went over to it opening it he then recognized who was on the other side.

Tomas had been looking for his friend Nion so he went to the hotel and found him. "Hey how are you doing Tomas."Nion said. "I'm d-d-doing ok"Tomas said. "Hey you want to go to steak lounge since its lunch"Nion asked. "That would be nice."Tomas said. They then went to the steak lounge and got some steak. "So how has lavender town been treating you."Nion asked eating some stake. "A boy just died there it's been quiet since then"Tomas said biting into his steak."How'd he die "Nion asked taking a drink of water. "He got shot in the face by someone on team rocket you heard there rising again"Tomas said. "Yeah...."Nion said thinking about cortex who's making them rise. "Yeah people have no idea who's behind it all"Tomas said taking a bite of steak. "Yeah so you've been finding any girls you've always been the lady's man until you moved to god forsaken lavender town seemed to make you soft"Nion said. "Nope no luck what about you"Tomas asked. "Um well yeah kinda I have a crush on someone but not realy because it's confusing so yeah no luck"Nion said stuttering a bit. "Well you've found any friends"Tomas said. "Yeah the future champion and a ninja guy and well a girl"Nion said taking a bite of steak. "Sounds cool yeah how's your Dodrio been doing"Tomas asked. "Good what about yours"Nion asked. "Good"Tomas said quickly. "Yeah remember the one time where you tackled Brody Brice because he was flirting with one of your many girl friends"Nion said. "Oh yeah I broke his nose and you had been clapping screaming nice job there's another kid divorce"Tomas said. They both laughed. "I saw you one tv looking like a clown that's why I'm here man I was worried that your were in jail until I saw you on the news this morning so I got here as fast as I could"Tomas said. "Yeah that's long gone"Nion said.

The battle went so fast. She knew the outcome as soon as Sandslash was knocked out. She knew a stealth rock was her only possible chance of victory and with out it there wasn't much she could do. Even as she fought an uphill battle she thought she might be a little discouraged but as it went on, she smiled. She was incredibly impressed by Riley's vicious battle skill. She was glad she could see what the champion could do first hand. She didn't know how much of an impact she had made on the fans until Shrub came out. That earth-shaking applause brought a grin to her face as Shrub to his stand. With Hupgup as well, every time he pushed himself past his limits to keep fighting the crowd erupted. When Hupgup fell she returned him with a bright smile on her face. She didn't think the lose was anything to be ashamed of, she got to see what Riley could do and she couldn't be happier. With the crowd still cheering for both of them she was glad that it seemed like she brought abbot of excitement to people in the crowd, that was really worth it all. Even though she lost she smiled and waved to the audience and turned back to Riley with a sincere smile. She wanted to shake his hand or hug him or something, but she didn't want to put him through anymore of the reporter smackdown than they both were already in for. She turned and exited the arena soaking up the applause. She got back to the waiting room before Riley and spotted Zack. She rubbed the back of her head and smiled meekly. "Looks like I lost, guess you really should have been the one to go to the semi's." she laughed nervously, not really bothered by the lose at all.

Drew ran into the stadium. The extra training he did made him hope that he would stand a chance against this bastard. He walked up to the field and looked at Cortez. the man's eyes were piercing threw Drew's soul. Before Drew could start the battle he looked at Cortez he had to know. "Tell me another what." He said as he looked at the man.

Cortez cocked an eye brow. "What do you mean?" He asked. as he looked at the man. He then thought about how Drew usually started his matches. ' ninetales.' Crotez thought as he slowly reached for blastoise.

"" I now know that I was foolish."" Drew quoted to the best of his abilities. " To bring peace I must be the villain everyone will hate. But there is another."

" A threat greater than me." Cortez said. " If these guys didn't ruin me fifteen years ago I wouldn't be the man I am today." He said. " Beware the masks. So you going to begin or."

" Go Nightmare." Drew said releasing his Gengar. Cortez blinked and looked at Drew. Drew had a cocky smile on his face. " I noticed how you always picked the right pokemon to use against you're opponent." He said. " You're going to have to try something different against me." Cortez simply nodded. He liked this boy. " Go Alakazam."

" Begin." The announcer said

Zack perked up when he heard Layla talking. He snickered a bit at her comment.
"Yea right, like I would have done any better," Zack said waking over to her. He didn't really know what to say to her at that point, he'd been a complete jerk to Layla lately.
"So... Not that it makes up for anything, but I'm sorry for... everything. For not going all out in our battle, for treating you like dirt, for getting you stuck in sludge on a raining roof, you get the point. And, that whole kiss thing, it wasn't nothing, I was just... Really mad, for some reason. So yea, not that the apology is with anything but," Zack confessed, looking at the ground. Then he remembered something.
"Oh! Uh, I got you this if it helps, hehe," Zack said. He pulled out a paper with a drawing on it. It was a pretty accurate representation of her team of Pokemon, with her in the middle.
"I figured words weren't quite enough of an apology so..." Zack explained, offering it to her.

" Shadow ball." Drew said as he looked at the alakazam. " Psyshock." Cortez said. Nightmare jumped in the air as he created a ball of dark energy. The Alakazam fired a purple energy beam at Nightmare. Both moves hit each other creating an explosion. Nightmare jumped from his current positon as he created another shadow ball in his hands. Alakazam formed a ball of green energy. Both hit each other a point blank range making Alakazam fall into the ground creating a crater while Nightmare being harmed by his own attack as well as the energy ball made him fly into the wall behind Drew.
" Nightmare you okay." Drew said as he looked at his buddy. Nightmare simply smiled as he gave Drew the thumbs up sight. Drew nodded his head before tapping his chest and arm. Nightmare nodded as he started firing shadow balls at random.

Cortez simply lifted his eye brow as he looked at Nightmare's projectiles they didn't even hit Alakazam. instead they just left holes in the ground.
" Alright let's finish this." Cortez said to Alakazam.

Alakazam nodded as he stood his ground. Nightmare smiled as he used dark pulse. It hit alakazam directly in it's chest making him fly backwards. Alakazam appeared weakened as nightmare closed the gap between them. Nightmare's eyes started to glow as he pre paired to use hypnosis. The Alakazam eye's opened wide as it used psychic. Nightmare stood in place for a few seconds before he fell to the ground defeated.

Drew cursed. " Nightmare return." He said as he looked at the Alakazam. An idea came to his mind. it was so stupid that it might actually work. " Go Lee." He said sending out his hitmonlee.

' What is this guy thinking.' Cotez said.
Within seconds Hitmonlee disappeared and reappeared in front of Alakazam. his hand became black as he hit the Alakazam with knock off koing him instantly.

" Go primeape." He said.

Both pokemon eyed each other before running towards each other. Hitmonlee kicked primapes's head while the primeape punched him. the force of the attacks caused air caused the area around them to crack. Both pokemon continued to punch and kick each other at speeds to quick for the human eye to register. At some glances Drew saw the primape punch lee in the stomach at another glance Drew saw Lee kicking it's face making fly backwards. This continued for a while until both pokemon stopped.

" You were a worthy opponent." Lee said as he looked at the primeape.
"So were you." the Primeape said. He stood their motionless for a few seconds before the primeape fell to the ground defeated.

When Riley was walking back to the waiting room, he walked past Cortez. Immediately he could sense the atmosphere change. 'So that's Cortez. He is on a completely different level.' Riley got back into the waiting room before the other natch began. He hoped Drew would be able to handle Cortez because he was honestly worried about facing Cortez himself. When Riley got to the waiting room, he saw that Zack was there with Layla and it looked like they were in a deep conversation. Riley decided not too say anything and instead he found a sofa and sat on it to watch the match. "Damn that Cortez." Riley muttered to himself as he watched the match.

" Go magneton." Cortez said with a small smile on his face.
Lee ran towards the magnet as he prepaired to attack. The magneton eyes turned the color of steal as it fired a flash cannon at Lee. Lee screamed a little bit as blood came from his mouth as he flew into the wall.
" Close combat weakens the pokemons defense and special defense." Cortez said with a smirk on his face. " So while he defeated Primeape he was weakened enough for the flash cannon to do some serious damage against him."
" Kuma." Drew said as he summoned his shiny ninetales.

As soon as the fire fox appeared the sun grew brighter. Kuma opened her mouth as fire poured out concusming the magnet in flames.
"Return" Cortez said as he looked at the burned magnet. " Come on out nidoqueen.

" Solar beam." Drew said instantly. A beam of light came out of Kuma's mouth and flew straight towards the nidoqueen. She simply slapped it out of the way as the ground underneath Kuma shook as a she became disoriented and knocked out. Drew let out a couple of unpleasant words as he returned the fallen Kuma and sent out pine.
Cortez smiled as he returned nidoqueen and sent out magmar.

Magmar slapped it's belly a couple of times before it charged at Pine in a streak of fire. Pine could only put leaches on the Magmar before he was burned. Drew quickly returned him after he was unable to battle.

Layla chuckled at his deflection even though she really thought he could do better. She stopped laughing when expression shifted to a serious look. She wasn't expecting an apology from Zack, he really went all out with it too. She just smiled as her laid-back attitude had already helped her past all that. She tried her best not to show any change in her expression when he mentioned the kiss and shrugged her shoulders in a relaxed manner. "It's all good, I should have just given you time alone. Sorry about that. But, the apology does mean something." She raised an eyebrow when he said he had something for her. She looked around for Hazel, she didn't want his girlfriend to get the wrong idea or anything. She was very curious as she examined the picture and she couldn't help but grin. "Hey this is really good! My team looks badass! Thanks Zack, if all my merch is this high quality I need to check it out." She looked up from the picture and saw Riley sit down and start watching the next battle. She snuck up behind him and leaned over right next to him and grinned in a playful manner. "So I'm curious, how is the future Champion feeling after that smackdown of a battle?" She smiled as she leaned over trying to makd it clear she didn't really care about losing.

Go Jaws." Drew said as he sent out his Pinsir. ' okay the bastard used belly drum so magmar is a lot weaker. " Jaw just doge his attacks." He said.
She nodded at him before looking back at the Magmar.

The magmar bursted into flames as he ran towards Jaws. Jaws was barley able to doge the attack as she looked at the beast. The magmar turned back as it started to punch Jaws. Jaws barley moved back as it tried to doge the attacks only to fail and be hit in the stomach. Jaws stood up wounded but luckily able to resist the attack's power. as the magmar went back in flames. Jaws jumped to the side Barley. missing the attack.
" Now,." Drew yelled as he saw an opening. Jaws grabbed Magmar by the tail before flinging it upwards and slamming it into the ground Koing the Magmar.

" Go blastoise." Cortez said. He looked at the screen. Both of them were down to two pokemon.

Jaws tried to grab the blastoise only for a blue field appear around it. The blastoise created a blue ball of energy in it's hands as it thrusted it into Jaws making him move back a little weakened. Water appeared around the blastoise as it created another Aura sphere and slammed it at Jaws making it fly backwards yet it was still in. the blastoise let out a loud yawn as it made Jaws drowsy. Jaws ran towards the blastoise it's hands started to glow. She put everything she had left into the attack as she sent an X into the blastoise. Jaws landed right behind the turtle panting heavily. An X was carved into the blastoised underbelly as blood spat from it's mouth. The blastoise fell to it's knees before falling onto the ground as some blood came out of it's wound.
" I might've over done it." Jaws said. " You okay."
" I'll be fine." The blastoise said weakly before fainting.
"Return." Cortez said. " You did great out there." He whispered before sending out Nidoqueen.
Pinser ran towards the queen ready to use a seismic toss only to be electrocuted. and defeated.
"Return." Drew said. " Poli." He said.
" hey Poli. Let's not waste any time." He said. Poli nodded. Drew clenched his fists together as he screamed. Poli did the same. The ground below Poli started to crack and obliterate as Poli transformed. He became the color green not like it's shiny form but like Drew's jacket. it's what looked like spikes came from it's wrists as it's eyes narrowed.
" Let's do this." Drew said as felt energy course threw both of them.

The battle between Drew and Cortez was definitely more intense than Layla and Riley's. They were both down to their last Pokemon. The Poliwrath had the type advantage but Riley had a feeling it wouldn't be that simple. Riley was taken out from his thoughts when he noticed Layla had come near him. "Well first off, I think you did pretty good considering who you were facing and I applaud you for not totally just giving up." Riley told Layla. "Besides, I can tell that you've already gotten over the loss. I hope I gave you what you wanted." Riley referred to his promise she made him keep. "However, I am a little bit worried about that Cortez guy. I hope Drew can finish him off but if not, he might be able to give me a run for my money." Riley said in a worried tone for the first time. He couldn't understand why Cortez seemed so different from all the other competitors.

Ice and electrity bounced off each other as the two pokemon stayed in their positon. "Now." Poli heard his trainer say as he ran towards the nidoqueen. He felt the earth start to shake. He jumped of the ground a torrent of water came from his mouth. He saw as lightning went threw the water. He stopped the Hydro pump as he jumped passed the nidoqueen spraying it with hot water.

The water burned nidoqueen as she looked at the weird Poliwrath. She had to take a step back before hitting the poliwrath with posion. She fallowed it up with electricity. It affected the Poliwrath that much she could tell but it wasn't enough. The Poliwrath moved backwards towards some weird pillars. Nidoqueen smiled as she sent out another thunder bolt.

Poli got behind the pillars as he used ice beam creating four mirror like defenses reflecting the lightning back at the Nidoqueen. He knew it wasn't going to affect the nidoqueen so he iced one of the lightning bolts before picking it up. He got a firm grip on it as moved quickly towards the nidoqueen as he slammed the lightning ice sphere into her while the other two bolts cascaded around.

Nidoqueen moved backwards feeling the pain of the attack. She focused her thunderbolt into her hands Creating a blade of electricity. She looked and saw that the Poliwrath did the same. Both blades collided in an explosion

Drew looked onwards waiting for the smoke to clear once he did he saw both pokemon looking away from each other. within seconds Poli fell to the ground turning back into his regular self. Drew collapsed from power exertion.

" Poliwrath is unable to battle." The announcer said. " Winner is nidoqueen. Cortez will be moving on to the finals."

Zack shrugged at Layla's comment on his picture.
"Yea, the response someone gets when it's really bad," Zack said, laughing at how terrible he thought it was. He followed Layla over to the couch where Riley was sitting, who Zack didn't even know came in. He sat down next to him and looked st the TV.
"Man, this battle is getting heated. You know, if Drew wins, I'm rooting for him... Just kidding. But if Cortez wins, you need to squash him," he advised his friend. Then Hazel walked into the room carrying a heavy looking bag.
"Oh no, Hazel please don't tell me that's what I think it is," Zack complained as she walked over. She just smiled and nodded.
"Hey, its only 10 different kinds of perfume this time!" She said putting down her bag and standing next to Layla. Zack started coughing up a storm at the smell of all the different perfumes.
"*Cough cough* Jesus Hazel *Cough cough* how much did you put *cough* on?" He managed to ask. She didn't understand why he was coughing so much, it smelled good to her.
"Hey, you better start treating me better if you want this relationship to go anywhere," Hazel warned looking through her bag.
"What are you talking about? How many more times do I have to tell you we are just friends until you get it through your head?" He asked, annoyed she still nagged on about to that.
Hazel just ignored the question and leaned into Layla's ear, covering her mouth with her hand.
"He is so into me," she whispered, giggling a bit as the battle rapped up.
"Damn. That Cortez is not an easy nut to crack. Riley you better be on your A-game if you have any chance of winning," Zack told Riley, gritting his teeth. Something about that guy didn't sit well with him. He felt like he was up to no good, but that was just a feeling.

Paramedics came and carried Drew and Poliwrath away Cortez looked at the boy and smiled. He gave him a run for his money which was something very few could say now a days. He walked off the stage and headed towards the exit to get back to his lab. He smiled as he thought about how easily he can win the match tomorrow. He let out a breath and decided it would be best to fight the boy fairly.

Layla's eyes narrowed a bit at Riley's comment about who she was up against. All though she really respected him she wasn't super excited by his ego the size of a zeppelin. She smiled again when he picked up that she had no hurt feelings over the match. She couldn't really put into words how much she appreciated him keeping his promise and taking her seriously. As he started talking about his concern for his next match she stared at him looking at him in a different light. It was nice to see him without an outrageous ego for a second, she still wanted to say thank you for keeping his promise but without thinking much about it she leaned closer and kissed him on the cheek. "Don't panic now champ, I know you can do it." She stood back up straight a little surprised by her own actions but she knew there was no taking it back so she just moved right on by it in stride and acted like it was just a casual thing. Layla was grateful when Hazel came in and provided a good distraction as Zack and her quarreled. Layla chuckled nervously when Hazel whispered in her ear. From the message Zack was sending, he didn't seem very interested. But she wasn't about to tell Hazel that. Besides she still didn't know where she and Zack stood. She thought things would get less complicated when she was done with the tournament but it sure didn't seem like that was the case.

Nion was eating steak when suddenly his mouth dropped because he realized Layla hardly even knows him that well. "Wow I havent seen you have that face since you got banned from viridian city."Tomas said. "Dude what's the matter"Tomas said with a concerned face. "My crush hardly even knows me"Nion screamed. "Wow that's cold bruh just cold"Tomas said. "Ok Tomas wtf am I suppose to do"Nion asked Tomas. "Um I would just regularly tell you just to ask but since it seems this girl Isent single you need to make a poem a long ass poem"Tomas said. Nion understood and got on his Dodrio. "Ok well cya"Nion said before taking off on his Dodrio. He then got to his hotel room and got in a got a piece of paper. Nion decided he needed some music so he started playing the punch out theme. He started writing the poem to its perfection and it was finished. "If I'm gone succeed I need to be confident and serious and try and forget all the bad things that has happened"Nion said in his mind. Nion decided he'd tell her when the sun was going down Nion was very confident. Nion rode on his Dodrio to the location of Layla Riley and zack. "Wow what a battle must I tell you hug pug and shrub know how to put on a show well good job"Nion said with a smile.

Drew woke up in a hospital. he groaned in pain as he tried to stand up. "Poli you okay." He said.

"Poli." Poli said weakly. ' Yeah i'm fine.' He said jokingly.
Drew turned his head as he saw Chloe. Chloe smiled before running into the room and hugging her brother. " you over did yourself." She whispered as she held him close.

"Yeah." He said. " But it was definently a good battle." He said. "

Riley clenched his fists when he saw that the paramedics had to take Drew away. Cortez was definitely going to be a formidable opponent and Riley only had a few hours to figure out his strategy. The finals were going to be held later that day. Riley had been on edge as he was thinking about Cortez that he almost flinched when he felt Layla kiss him on the cheek. At first he didn't know how too react but then he figured that it was probably her just playing around something. "Um, yeah, thanks." Riley awkwardly ran his hand through his hair, not knowing what else to say. It did feel a little good knowing that she actually believed in him. Now he just needed the confidence himself.

Everything seemed calm until Hazel came in, spreading the scent of the different perfumes she had tried on. The smell didn't bother Riley, but it seemed Zack was to die due to his coughing. To Riley, it seemed Zack was still a bit nervous about being open about his relationship with Hazel. Riley figured he should let Zack know what everyone else was thinking, even after Nion burst in. "Zack, you don't need to hide it anymore. We all know about you and Hazel." Riley told Zack before going over to Hazel. "I'm sorry about your boyfriend but he seems really nervous about your relationship. Maybe you should just do something right now to clear away his nervousness. That way he won't be scared about being with you in public." Riley whispered to Hazel, trying to give some relationship advice.

Layla turned her head at the sound of Nion's comment, she smiled meekly and chuckled. "They sure have a dramatic flair. Thanks." She was a little curious how Hazel was going to react but she wasn't going to point Nion out to her. Layla looked back to the TV with a frown when Cortez won and Drew had to be taken off the field by paramedics. She thought Drew had earned that victory but it looked as though Cortez is a sneaky opponent. She felt bad she hadn't gotten to know Drew very well and that was something she hoped to remedy before they all went their separate ways. Shit she kinda forgot about that, she will probably never see any of these people ever again. That was a little depressing. She was taken out of her thought when Riley confronted Zack about his relationship with Hazel. Layla had caught on that they weren't dating but it didn't seem like Riley had quite yet. Layla smiled uncomfortably, interested to see how this awkward moment would resolve itself.

Nion just was smiling until he started sneezing like a kitten due to some scent in the air he looked around and found out it was coming from the girl who beat him up earlier. "Shit"Nion said sneezing like a kitten and coughing uncontrolably.

"Wow wow wow, what do mean? I just said me and Hazel are not a thing. Your doing the same thing you did with Layla. Accuse me of liking someone else, so please stop," Zack asked, as nicely as possible. He was really getting tired of all this romance drama. Hazel however had the opposite reaction.
"I know right? He acts like he can't stand me, but he definitely wants me," she bragged, spraying on more perfume. Zack just faceplamed himself on the forehead. Neither of the two had even noticed Nion had apparently entered the room.

Riley just shook his head at Zack's response. "And I'm supposed to believe that? I know you're having a tough time in your life right now but there's no need to take it out on your girlfriend. Hazel, go give him a hug or something too cheer him up. I'm going to do some strategizing, so please keep quiet if you're staying in here. The finals start in a few hours so I need to be prepared for that Cortez guy." Riley told the group before he stopped to ask a question. "By the way, do any of you guys know anything about Cortez? All I know is that he's the head of a business. Other than that, I have no clue." Riley asked as he scratched his head. If he was going to win, he figured he should get some background information on his opponent first.

"Dude! I'm not lying! She's an old friend and nothing more! I wouldn't have kissed Layla if I had a girlfriend! Seriously your way to quick to assume, why can't two people of the opposite gender be friends without being accused of being together?" He asked, annoyed that Riley continued to bug him. Then he gave Hazel a death stare to make sure she didn't follow Riley's instructions. She just giggled a lot, liking how annoyed his friend was.
"I'll do you one better... Riley," Hazel told him, kissing Zack on the cheek. First he was shocked, then mad.
"STOP! I'm serious! Me and Hazel aren't a thing, me and Layla aren't a thing! You keep on pushing me like I have to be with someone! I'm tired of it! If I don't like Hazel, then it's not your decision to choose if we're together or not! So FUCK OFF!" Zack yelled, clearly pisssed off. He got up and walked to the door.
"I keep making the same mistake over and over of hanging out with you guys. I hope Cortez kicks your ass," he said before walking out and slamming the door behind him. He walked down the hall, finding a bench, and sat down. He covered his face with his hands and sat there motionless.

Hazel was so startled by her friends outrage, she'd fallen down. Her mouth quivered a bit.
"H-He never gets that mad, why is he acting so d-different? What did this place do to him?" Hazel asked, starting to cry. She curled up in a ball and let tears fall down her face, scared of what her closest friend had turned into.

Nion stopped sneezing and coughing when rikey and zack had a conversation then zack had a complete outrage and hazel was now crying nion was so confused and decided zack needed to talk to another guy whos not concerned with winning. "Ill talk to zack layla you should talk to hazel"Nion said walking out the door. Nion saw zack and walked over to him. "Dude do you want to talk to someone i decided you should talk to another guy who doesent care about nothing else exsept winning so im here to talk to you by the way if feel like you need to punch something please dont punch me if you want to tho you can punch me but please ask"Nion said sitting on the bench by zack. "So whats up my dude"Nion said with a freindly smile.

"Nion, if there's one thing everyone can agree on it's to give me my space when I want it. So please go away before you make things worse, and I do much worse than just punch you," Zack advised. He knew Nion hadn't been around Zack when he got mad before, so he needed Nion to learn to real quickly that if Zack wanted space, he got space.