• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

"Yeah, that would be four in a row now. Poor Forrest. He's a good trainer, it's just that we were all better." Darrius kneels down and pets Sol.
"This here is Sol, she's practically my baby." Sol seems to purr a little bit as Darrius scratches her beneath the chin.

"No, that would be Havoc, my Salamence. Sol here and I have a bond that runs pretty deep, but first Pokemon deep." Darrius taps the Mega Ring on his finger. "She's the only one of my Pokemon that can Mega Evolve."

"Man....I spent a year doing research in Hoenn and I never came across something like that." Levi moped. Although the only pokemon i'd probably be able to Mega Evolve with would be Cronus. he thought to himself.

"I hope I can find one myself while traveling" Levi said before zoning out into a daydream about mega evolution. After a moment he snapped back into reality. "Oh sorry heh, so are you and your friends going to be entering the pokemon league?"

"Ill probably take the gym challenge to, currently im working with Professor Oak to research and discover unique evolutions, thats why im so interested in your mega" He said staring at Absol with sparkles in his eyes.

Jet stands up and shoots toward Heavy's lower half he strikes with Leaf Blade successfully knocking off balance. "Get back up and use Dragon Breath" commented Brief. After losing his balance and falling he raises his head back up and fires off the attack straight at Jet.

Levi's smile disappeared "Well Sceptile has excellent speed and power but Steelix has some of the best defense ive ever seen, honestly it could go either way." Levi said while examining the two pokemon on his pokedex.

"Yeah, but the winner will probably be the person who has a closer connection with there pokemon." Levi said while staring at his pokeball containing Cronus. "Everyone has some type of bond with there pokemon and it can become so strong that it makes noticeable differences in battle.

"Counter with Leaf Storm!" Ry shouted. Jet fired a barrage of leaves straight towards the Dragon Breath. There was a large explosion. "Use Swords Dance, and use the smoke as cover!" Ry shouted. Deep in the smoke, Jet started to focus his energy, getting ready to strike.

"Crap Heavy can't see through all this smoke I guess we need too blow out of the way Heavy use Dragon Breath aim it down in front of you." Heavy aims his attack down in front successfully blowing away the smoke revealing Sceptile who was just finishing Sword Dance.

"Now full power! Leaf Blade!" Ry roared. Jet raised his leaves and rushed at the Steelix. His leaves, were glowing a brighter shade of the usual green. "Let it loose!" Ry shouted, feeling the energy that Jet was showing. Jet became a blur and appeared aove Heavy's head and swung down. "You got this!" Ry roared. he and Jet were sharing each other's intensity. They were in perfect sync.

"Jet is too fast there is no way to counter attack I guess I have to defend" thought Brief. "Heavy use Iron Head to harden your head" Heavy just barely manages to harden its head as the strenght of the Leaf Blade sends Heavy crashing into the ground below shaking the ground.

"Now Leaf Storm from above!" Ry shouted. Jet nodded and let loose a barrage of leaves straight for the Steelix's form on the ground. "We got this," Ry shouted as Jet fired his attack.

Sceptile quickly fires off a Leaf Storm from above down to Heavy below with Heavy barely having time to recover from the Leaf Blade gets hit with the attack. Leaving Heavy fainted after having took the combo of power attacks he is unable to battle. "Heavy return you did well buddy I guess we need to train more to deal with speedy pokemon" said Brief to Heavy's pokeball. "Thanks again for the battle Ry my pokemon needed that next time I will not lose to you" smiled Brief.

Last edited:
Ry smiled and returned Jet to his pokeball. "Me and Jet have been together for a long time." Ry said smiling. "I can't wait for another battle," Ry said sticking hand out for Brief to shake.

Levi clapped for both trainers, "Great battle!" Man...Kanto has changed so much. All these powerful trainers have migrated from other regions....this is awesome. He thought to himself as he watched the trainer he now knew Ry request a handshake. That's the right attitude, confident but not to cocky. he nodded approvingly.

Brief shakes Ry hand he turns his head to see a new face approaching them. "Sup I see you enjoyed our battle what is your name" Brief lazily spoke reverting back to his tired looking demeanor.

Levi walked forward holding his hand out, "I'm Levi, nice to meet you. After taking on the gym I heard the sounds of a battle so I just had to come and check it out, I hope i'm not intruding hehe," he said scratching the back of his head. "I just hear the word battle and come running you know?" he stood there with a shine in his eyes as he talked about the subject.

"I know how you feel. The name's Ry," Ry said nodding. This guy had a fighting spirt. "Let's heal our pokemon, i bet they're all tired." He suggested.

Brief takes Levi hand and shakes "The names Brief to meet you," Brief turns to Ry. "Yeah your right they do need a good healing after that battle" Brief starts walking back to the Pokemon Center.

Ry rushed into the Pokemon center to get his team healed. Once they were healed, he sent Aura back to his mom. he picked up his team, and yawned. "It's getting late, are you guys gonna stay here for the night?" He asked.

"Well according to Darrius we're all headed the same direction so i'll just come with," he smiled while walking with the others's. "So, what Region are you guys from?" he asked trying to male conversation with his new allies. Man I hope they've got some interesting pokemon. Levi thought to himself excitedly.