• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Kanto Journeys

Levi crossed his arms and gave a slight grin. "I dont know who these guys are..." Vex came out of his pokeball, all three of his pokemon standing at the ready. His smile slowly faded. "You will not destroy Mega Evolution..." Levi stopped and looked around at his friends pokemon. Lets take care of this quickly. "How many of your pokemon can use a ranged attack?"

After figuring out who were the good and bad guys in this particular situation, Dhalin whispered to Apollo, "Use Rock Slide when the new guys send out their Pokemon. We can end this if we're quick enough." Apollo nodded and turned back to watch the standoff, priming his powerful rock-move.

Darrius calls his Pokemon out to battle. Havoc, Sol, Reaper, and Storm, a newly evolved Raichu. He then taps his ring, and holds his fist up.
"Sol! Unleash your true power! Mega Evolve!" The energy and light swirls around Sol, and she bursts forth in her Mega Form.

"You might want to get on," said Dennis, "and beside the Leader wouldn't like it if we were late." If their leader was kept waiting he could become a very scary man.

Ry saw Sol Mega evolve. Then a grunt charged Ry with his Pokemon, breaking the line of grunts. "Argh!" He yelled running forward. he tossed out a pokeball which revealed a Tropius. "Flamethrower now!" Ry shouted. Fuego fired a blast of fire, knocking out the Troppius. Then all the grunts charged their opponents.

"Now, Apollo!" Apollo's eyes glowed as he released a volley of boulders from the ceiling, fainting one grunt's Golbat and another's Magmar. Time to join the battle for ourselves, Dhalin thought. "Apollo, use Focus Punch!" Apollo's arm lit up with an orange light as he closed the gap between one grunt and his Graveler.

Fergus gets onto Dennis' Fearow, and watches the battle take place as they fly away.

"Charge!" Darrius shouts, and charges into the crowd with his own Pokemon. Salamence flying about using Dragon Claw and Hyper Beam, Sol using Night Slash and Psycho Cut, Storm using Thunderbolt, and Reaper using X-scissor and steel wing.

Ry's Pokemon were getting tired. There was just so many of the. Then he saw a Charizard swing his tail, with a powerful Dragon Tail, that slammed Jet into Ry. They flew backwards and crashed into the ground.

Ry stood up, with blood dripping from his mouth. He looks ahead to see the Charizard is enraged. "Darrius, I think me and Jet got this one." He said. He tossed the bracelet to Jet. He nodded at him. "They think we're evil because we have a true bond. Let's show them what we can do." Jet closed his eyes for a moment. Then he nodded.

Ry slipped the gauntlet on his right arm while Jet put on the Bracelet. "When the hearts and souls of Pokémon and Trainer become one, a new power is unlocked. The power of Mega Evolution!" Ry shouted touching his Key Stone. A light shone as Jet mega Evolved. Then in Jet's place stood a Mega Sceptile. "Go Leaf Blade!" Ry shouted. Jet rushed forward, with the added speed boost and slashed at the Charizard.

Dhalin called out his other two Pokemon to join the fight as Apollo defended against an enemy Mightyena. After a textbook Megahorn, the Mightyena was sent flying and Apollo's comrades, a Froslass and Lurantis, joined him. "Apollo, Shiver!" Dhalin said, "Use Shatter Punch on that Rhydon!" A Rhydon was hurling rocks at whom Dhalin thought were the good guys. Shiver fired an Ice Beam at the Rhydon, freezing it, while Apollo rushed in with Focus Punch. His fist connected, shattering the ice, and the Rhydon was sent flying into the wall. Dhalin turned around to Artemis when he saw a Machoke bearing down on him. It had an Arm Thrust primed in one arm and was bringing it down upon him. He dodged the powerful attack and said to Artemis, "Aerial Ace!" The attack connected with the Machoke's chest and it was sent to the ground.

Walking by the exit of Mt. Moon Robby heres loud explosions and clashes. "Greninja, did you hear that?" Robby said. Greninja replied with a head shake. "Alright, let's go in and see what's going on," Robby said. Robby and Greninja slowly approached the cave and saw many moves clashing. "Hmmm, those guys in the suits must be evil, Greninja, let's teach them a lesson." Said Robby confidently. Greninja starting charging a water shuriken and threw it at Charizard, hitting it square in the chest. "Nice shot Greninja!" Robby said.

Levi stood there with all 3 of his pokemon in a huddle. "Okay guys, you know what to do right?" All his pokemon nodded in agreement. Wait for it.... multiple Team Zion member stood around him with there pokemon ready. "Now guys!" as Levi yelled this Orion and Cronus released there Hydro Beam attack, but now Vex was flying forward at an incredible speed using Giga Impact. The attacks swirled around Vex until he was a glowing light blue bullet rocketing through enemies. Looks like this might be over quick. Levi thought to himself proud of his quick thinking.

"Sol! Psycho Storm!" Sol unleashes a series of Psycho Cuts into the air and around the ground, striking away at various different grunts and their Pokemon.
"Havoc, Reaper! Twin Steel Wings!" The two charge into the crowd, slamming people and other Pokemon with their wings.

"Alright Greninja time to go ask some questions, cover me while I try to get closer!" Robby told Greninja. Robby ran over to Darrius and asked, "What is going on here and why are these people attacking you guys?"

"Okay guys, finish the move!" Vex flew out of the fusion attack after aiming towards the ground around the largest group of enemies he could find. "You ready Cronus? You gotta time it just right" Cronus had a light white energy building from his cannons. "Almost.....now!" as Levi yelled Cronus shot Ice Beam at the fusion attack, there was a large explosion and after the dust cleared, the enemies were blown back and frozen in place. I think ive done enough, not many left now. Lets see Mega Sceptile in action. He said as he walked away from the statues he formed.

Ry answered quickly as he ran ahead. "These guys are team Zion grunts. They want our mega stones." The trainer and Pokemon mimicked each others movements, Jet slashed through a herd of enemy Pokemon, knocking multiple at once. "We gotta keep moving! Follow me!" Ry shouted as he ran towards the cave's exit.

Artemis was battling a Glalie when the battle started going south. Just as Dhalin was sure she was about to be knocked out, a Salamence using Steel Wing knocked the Glalie aside. Taking advantage of the opportunity, Dhalin yelled, "Artemis, use Synthesis!" Her body glowed green after a Pokemon somewhere on the battlefield used Sunny Day. Fully recovered, she rejoined her comrades in the close circle they had formed. Something from across the battlefield caught his attention: a giant ice explosion. "Let's hope whoever used that is one of the good guys. We need to make it to where we'll have some allies!" Dhalin saw a group of trainers with two Mega Pokemon in their ranks. "Come on, guys!" Dhalin yelled, running toward them.

"Oh I see, but why would they want mega stones?" Robby asked as they ran for the exit. "Here lets make our escape a bit easier, Greninja smokescreen!" Robby exclaimed. Smoke covered the cave, blinding the grunts.

"Okay everyone, get out of the cave. Then leave it to me," Ry said smirking, while ushering everyone towards the warm sunlight. Jet took his place beside his trainer and used Swords Dance to get ready.

"Wait! Wait for me!" Dhalin yelled. He returned Artemis and Shiver to their Poke Balls and nodded at the boy and his Sceptile as he ran past. He found himself outside of the cave and with three other boys. "Hey, guys," he said, panting. "I'm Dhalin. This is Apollo."

"But... Alright, Greninja let's get out of here. Let's leave it to him and his partner." Robby said a bit disappointed. "Ninja" Greninja replied. Robby glanced toward his keystone and then to Gallade's pokeball. So, Team Zion hates mega evolution. "Lysandre were these the people you talked about?" Robby said quietly to himself as he ran out of Mt. Moon. "Oh hey, I'm Robby and this is my friend Greninja, nice to meet you guys." Robby said.

Once everyone was out Ry nodded at Jet who slashed at the boulders, causing them to fall on the ground, blocking the exit. Jet returned to his normal form, and Ry returned everyone to their Pokeballs. "I'm glad that's over." He said wiping the sweat from his brow.

"Wow you guys are pretty strong... Wait aren't you Ry? I remember watching you in the Sinnoh league. You did really good!" Robby exclaimed. Robby called back Greninja to it's pokeball. "So anyway... Why do those guys want our keystones?" Robby asked.

"That is really weird, my old teacher Lysandre told me of group like this, but I didn't think they were that much of a threat." Robby replied. "Me and my partner Gallade mega evolve, but only I dire situations."
Robby has a flashback of the Zygarde incident in Kalos.

"Thanks," said Ry when he heard the comment about the Sinnoh Leauge. "Okay our first move should healing up in Ceraulan City," he said. His team was tired and he assumed that so were all of theirs.

"Yeah your right. Me and my team got caught up in a battle with some random trainers before I meet up with you guys." Robby said. While walking to Ceraulan city, Robby asked,"So what brings you guys to Kanto? I personally came here to get stronger and defeat Diantha and become Kalos champion."

They walked to the pokemon center with Levi quiet most of the time. As he entered the center he looked around with a relaxed face. Dont know why I was expecting anything different than the normal centers. He walked up to the nurse and handed her his pokeballs. "Ill have them healed in no time!" she said cheerily. "Great, thanks" Levi took a seat and leaned his head back before speaking, "hope your ready to wait for a gym battle because its gonna take awhile to heal all our pokemon"

After awhile of sitting there Levi was completely lost in thought. Mega Evolution....maybe im just not good enough for it. He looked around at all the new friends he's made on the journey, there Keystones shining like diamonds to him. Just as he began to lose faith in himself those words echoed into his mind again. "Your strong but not strong enough, if you wish to challenge me and have a chance of winning, unlock the secrets of mega evolution" Levi shot up balling his fist. "My bond is strong enough! I WILL unlock the power of Mega Evolution!" he looked around realizing he was yelling and interrupting a conversation. "Oh sorry, I uh....im gonna go make a call" he said somberly walking away.

"I see, I've never been to Oree or Hoenn. I've only been on my journey for a year. Started in Kalos, found my dream, and then lost in the league. I came here on a whim actually. I was thinking about going to Sinnoh. I guess it was for the best I came here though." Robby stated. "Okay..." Robby said. He though to himself, what is this guy's backstory?

"Well I'm not sure when it would count to when i began my journey. I spent 5 years training with Marlene, the Veilstone City gym leader. Then i went through Sinnoh." Ry said. He looked at Robby, "Sinnoh's a beautiful region. Born and raised there. To be honest this is the first region i've gone to other than Sinnoh."

"I have another question for you guys.." Robby started, "Have you ever meet a kid about my age named Ash Ketchum? You see this Greninja is his and need to return it to him. That is also another reason why I came to Kanto."

"Sinnoh is definitely on my list of places to go. Also, i wouldn't recommend going to Orre. It's actually relatively boring there, unless you like Double Battles, and incredibly strong trainers. My idol, Michael, is the champion of Orre Colosseum. He was the one who inspired me to be a trainer. As for Ash, i've heard of him, but I've never actually met him." Darrius says casually, leaning back into the couch.