• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Kanto Journeys (Reboot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Ry cool name," Landon said captivated by the battle, "and Mega evolution, wow". Landon continued to watch closely at the battle and looking at how they moved. 'Ry and Mega Evolution, why does it sound familiar,' he thought to himself, he looked at Togekiss' spinning Shock Wave, "No way!" he shot up from his seat impressed.

Robby then sat down with a look of nothingness on his face. He thought to himself, "I want to use Greninja in this battle, but what if that happens again I almost passed out last time." Elekid then looked down at Robby and asked "Ele?" Robby didn't respond because he was to deep in thought.

Gyarados was hit hard flinching from the effects of the electricity. "Gyarados, hang in and use Hurricane!" after that a large vortex swiped Grace through the air. Not just that. Misty thought to herself as water was swept up from around the arena creating vortex's of fast moving water throughout the air.

Darrius perks up, watching Misty's Gyarados fend off Grace's Shockwave Spin.
"Most interesting." he remarks softly. The other trainers might find it odd for Darrius to be absorbed into spectating a battle like this.

"Gyarados, endurance like nothing ive ever seen..." Levi said under his breath. "But Gyarados is definitely feeling it" he said gesturing to the sparks coming of Gyarados and him flinching from the pain.

Casys quickly scribbled into his notebook. Gyrados has Hurricane in movepool-Artemis not an option. Crunch will KO Shiver. Apollo best option. Perhaps fill the water with Rock Slide to restrict movement. Will it work??? Casys whispered his plan to take care of the Gyrados to Apollo, who nodded in approval of the plan. Apollo eyed his Heracronite wearily. He let out a small noise of apprehension. "Do you want me to hang onto the Heracronite?" He reached out to remove the Mega Stone from Apollo's sleeve, but the Heracross pushed his hand away, shaking his head. "Okay, then." Casys returned his attention to the battle, quickly becoming engrossed with the battle.

"This isn't even my power, so why does Greninja still do that, he isn't even close by." Robby said quietly. Robby then looked up at the battle to see Misty's Gyarados fend off an attack like that. "Wow that's amazing, this will defiantly be a challenge." Robby said a bit louder.

Landon sat back down and turned to Robby, "So how many badges have you earned so far?" Landon asked, "If you don't mind that is."

"Grace is gone," Ry said smiling. He pointed up to reveal that Grace had flown out a skylight to avoid the hit. "Now Sky Attack!" Ry roared. Grace turned and dived down towards Gyrados, using the momentum to increase her speed and power.

"How do I overcome this?" Robby said quietly, he then noticed Landon. "Oh sorry I was just lost in thought. If you count my Kalos and Kanto badges I have nine, but if we are just counting Kanto I only have 1." Robby said.

Misty grinned as Grace approached. "Now Gyarados use Hydro Pump point blank!" once Grace was right on top of him fired the beam of water straight at it her.

"Awesome!" Landon replied, "I've had my fair share of journeys too but I've only been able to earn 1 here in Kanto, and it was not easy." He heard someone yelling from the field. Landon barley had enough time to notice what was happening, then he saw Togekiss collide with Gyarados.

"Wow this is an intense battle, but I think I've come up with a strategy." Robby said as he watched the battle continue on.

Darrius glances at the new trainers sitting around him.
"Huh, when did you all arrive? Forgive me for not introducing myself earlier. Name's Darrius." he said, smiling at all of them.

"Geez Darrius are you that much into to Ry's battle?" Robby replied as he propped his feet on the chair in front of him.

Landon turned to the trainer, "Oh, I'm Landon, and this is Iwa the Larvitar," Iwa jumped in excitment, "We're on a journey to win the Indigo League."

"I'm here to get much much stronger and hopefully be able to defeat Diantha the Champion of Kalos." Robby replied. "But, winning the Indigo League would be pretty cool too." Robby said with a smirk.

"Wow, well it's always great to meet someone who's into battles just as much as I am," Landon replied with Iwa cheering as well, "But getting badges is a little difficult for us considering we get lost often." Iwa nudged him, "Alright I get us lost often," Landon corrected himself.

"Seems like a lot of us are here because we've got something to prove" Levi said with a faint grin as he inspected his egg like he's been doing on occasion. He put his ear against the egg gently to listen, he could here movement inside the egg. He looked back at Darrius and grinned, "I believe it will hatch soon"

"Haha sometimes getting lost is a good thing. You can have some pretty amazing experiences you know." Robby said as elekid curiously pulled on his hat.

Casys glanced up from his notebook at the other boys. Sliding his notebook into his pocket, Casys reached down across the aisles and held out a hand to Darrius. "I'm Casys, nice to meet you."

Darrius laughs. "Sounds like you have a close bond with your Larvitar there. I bet he'd get along with Kingsly, my Tyranitar, who is hanging out back home. Having a strong bond with your Pokemon is always the first step, trust me on that one." he says. Turning to Levi, he nods. "That's good to hear, I'll bet you'll have a new friend soon." he said with a smile. He shakes Casys' hand. "Pleasure to meet you."

"Yeah I guess you could say that," Landon laughed, "Actually we saw a Venomoth in a nearby forest and chased it here." He turned to Iwa who had fallen asleep on the floor, Landon pulled out a Pokeball "Alright Iwa how about you rest in your Pokeball instead of the floor," he said as he recalled Iwa.

"Dodge with Extreme Speed, and use Shokwave up close!" Ry shouted. Grace swung around Gyrados and it's blast and released a wave of super effective electricity.

"Gyarados!" Misty shouted as he he was hit full force with the attack before slowly falling over causing a loud boom. "Good job Gyarados....return" Misty put Gyarados away and grabbed another pokeball. "Okay Ry, your pretty good, Grace is fast but lets she if she can handle this!" Misty yelled as she released Stramie from its pokeball. "Quickly, use Confuse Ray!"

"This battle, I cannot believe how strong misty is!" Robby exclaimed as the moves clashed creating giant lights

"So, it looks like Storm and Sol are my best options against Misty. An electric type to handle a water/flying type, and a dark type to handle a water/psychic type. This should be interesting."

The attack landed confusing Grace. "Return Grace, go Jet!" Shouted Ry switching Grace out for his Sceptile. He apeared and took the field on a floating pad. "Use Swords Dance!" Ry shouted. Jet moved his arms slowly, back and forth, focusing and gaining an attack boost.

Casys' eyes snapped to the battle and the new opponent that entered the battlefield. Starmie, Casys thought, whipping out his notebook. Starmie: Water/Psychic Type. Weaknesses - Grass, Electric, Dark, Ghost, Bug. Apollo a definite choice but Shiver also optimal with Shadow Ball. Will Apollo need break after fighting Gyrados whom he has a 4x weakness to. Rock Slide takes care of that, though. Apollo is Super Effective against Starmie with Night Slash and Megahorn...will he be able to keep away from Starmie?
Shiver has Thunder Wave/Hex combo...best option.

"Starmie use Ice Beam!" Misty yelled as Jet entered the field. I may have taken these kids to lightly... she though to herself as the beam shot forward.

"Ice Beam?! If Ry uses his mega that will make that even stronger against Jet!" Robby exclaimed. "Kanto gym leaders seem just as tough are even tougher than Kalos gym leaders." Robby said.

"Night Slash!" Ry shouted. Jet slashed at the blast blowing it up. "Now Leaf Blade!" Ry shouted. Jet jumped from pad to pad, with his leaves raised above his head, ready to strike the Starmie.

"Ry needs to have his Sceptile dodge that or else it could be over before he can attack," Landon said, as the Ice Bean went straight for Jet.

"He can do it! Ry is good at that sort of stuff." Robby said relaxed as he watched the battle. "It's only a matter of time before he wins, he still does have both his pokemon and even a mega."

"Jump in the water Starmie!" it jumped back in the water disappearing from sight. "Hehe, you should have just dodged" Misty said gesturing at the arm Jet used to stop the Ice Beam.

"Your right," Landon said, "Ry is an impressive battler." Landon continued to watch the battle in amazement 'Why does he seem familiar' he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.