• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Journey in Galar! (Roleplay)

"H-Huh? Um...a-alright!" He nodded, hopping out of the seat and following Kia, returning Bundt as he walked. He was rather distracted by a passing Darumaka, but since he already had a full team of six, he was just fine with not trying to catch it. Once they were in the gym, Salasa nudged Kia with a small smile. "Well...it's time! Wish me luck, ok? Because I'll be doing the same for you." With that, he went to get his uniform on, and on to complete the gym puzzle.

The puzzle itself was difficult for Salasa...it took a while for him to complete it. However, he eventually walked out onto the field, with Melony walking out as he did so. Pretty soon, they had both sent out their Pokemon, and the battle had begun! Salasa had Rocky Road out on the field, with Melony sending out her Frosmoth. The Frosmoth set up the Hail while Rocky Road used Stealth Rock, the pointy stones floating around her side of the battlefield. Frosmoth used Feather Dance to lower the Coalossal's attack, but that was a nasty mistake, as the bug took a flamethrower head on. From there, Melony sent out her Darmanitan, who hit the huge coal kaiju with an Icicle Crash, to which Coalossal replied with a Smack Down. With a large portion of the Darmanitan's health lowered, it turned into the Zen Mode, bounding around with a new, crazed energy, something that seemed to catch both Pokemon and Trainer off guard as it started chipping away at Rocky Road's health with nasty Headbutts and Icicle Crashes...thankfully, one good Smack Down eventually hit, taking it down...but Rocky Road was hurt pretty badly. Next came Eiscue, in which Salasa returned his Coalossal and sent out Legion. Legion quickly lunged forwards, the Brass's horn extending to deliver a First Impression...which dealt Zero damage at all, but luckily, the Stealth Rocks had, and Eiscue's head broke, causing it to get nervous and panic. It used Amnesia to try and protect itself, but Legion just responded with using No Retreat, raising their stats to finish it off with a Brick Break. However, it wasn't over...not by a long shot, as Melony sent out her final Pokemon, Lapras, and Salasa couldn't try to switch out Legion. Both Dynamaxed/Gigantamaxed their Pokemon, with the Falinks making a new pyramid formation to accommodate for the huge increase in size. It quickly used a Max Knuckle, bashing the Lapras with brute force, but it wasn't enough. Lapras used a G-Max Resonance to deal some nasty hits to Legion, setting up an Aurora Veil in the Process...however, that proved to be ineffective as with one more Max Knuckle, the huge beast went down, both Pokemon shrinking, but with Lapras fainting. Both walked forwards as the hail subsided and the Aurora went away, with Salasa earning his Ice Badge. He returned to the lobby, shivering a little but sweating at the same time.

Jake sat in the stands with Sonny reluctantly in his lap, and Fabian poked his head out over Jake's shoulder. It was pointless to try and sleep in a stadium full of eager humans, regardless if you were in a backpack or not.

Sonny watched the fight with his signature half lidded eyes and bored expression.

"..." he seemed to smirk a bit under his "hoodie collar", as he realized he could wipe the floor with these ice types...if he wanted to.

"Rab..." he said as his chest seemed to swell with pride.

Ember, Double Kick, Flame Wheel?

That literal block headed penguin didn't stand a chance...

The Raboot seemed to get more cocky as he thought about the situation more and more, as his smirk widened.

Jake raised an eyebrow at his partner, as Fabian rolled his eyes.

"You're lucky Kia or Alex don't wanna borrow you for their turns, because I'd let em, you smug little..." Jake told him.

The Raboot seemed to chuckle at the thought, as it was obvious he thought something along the lines of "yeah, right."

Jake looked at the two girls.

"Last chance, anyone wanna knock him down a peg, he's getting too puffed up for my liking," Jake chuckled.

"He could use a quick crash course in angst class. Plus, three out of his four moves are super effective against ice types."

Fabian looked at the two and nodded quickly with a grin on his face as he snickered a bit.

Last edited:
Kia smirked and patted Salasa's back. "Break a leg, I guess." She sat down in the stands and watched Salasa's battle. After he finished, she walked to the lobby. She smirked, then clapped. "I will congratulate you, Salasa, for thou have overcome the sixth obstacle in this gym challenge. Now I will do better, however. Watcheth andeth learneth." Kia got changed, and walked in to complete the gym challenge.

She probably wouldn't admit it, but Kia thought the gym challenge was a lot harder than it looked. She got through it, it wasn't incredibly challenging though it did take her longer than most of the of than the other challenges so far. She pulled out her first pokeball when she got to Melony. She started to mutter. "Ieth, Kiaeth, willeth... stop talking like that because it's annoying. Prepare to lose, Melony." Kia sent out Giji, and Melony sent out her Frosmoth. Frosmoth used Icy Wind, but Giji managed to dodge it. "Stone Edge!" The Pupitar stabbed the Frosmoth with stones from under it, sending it off guard. "Don't let them attack, use Thrash!" Giji leapt forwards and rammed into Frosmoth multiple times. The Frosmoth fainted, and Giji became confused. Melony sent out Darmanitan, who immediately used Headbutt. "Iron Defense!" Giji tried to use Iron Defense, but failed and got hit by the Darmanitan. The Darmanitan used Icicle Crash and Giji managed to use Stone Edge, before getting hit and fainting. "Let's see what you can do! Fire Fang, and don't let go!" Kia released Kaga, who jumped out and used Fire Fang on Darmanitan. The Darmanitan struggled, but Kaga used Crunch after the Fire Fang to make the Darmanitan faint. Kaga jumped back to Kia's side and Melony sent out Eiscue. "Iron Head, then follow up with another Fire Fang!" Eiscue blocked the first attack, but got hit with the Fire Fang. It used Icy Wind, which didn't do much to Kaga. "Now, Iron Head!" Kaga used Iron Head, and fainted Eiscue. Melony sent out Lapras, only to return and Gigantamax it. Kia swapped Kaga for Ikari, and Dynamaxed her. "Max Overgrowth!" Ikari used Max Overgrowth, and Lapras used G-Max Resonance. Ikari barely managed to stay up. "One more time!" Ikari used Max Overgrowth again, and managed to faint Lapras without it being able to move. The two pokemon shrunk back down, and Melony returned Lapras. Kia walked up and collected the Ice Badge. She stretched her arms as she walked into the lobby.

For the quickest second, Sonny seemed to sigh in relief that Kia didn't grab him and pull him down to the arena.

Jake looked down at him.

"One day. Your time's coming." he said to the fire type, who seemed to smirk a bit and moved his left ear out of his face, as he twitched his nose a few times like a rabbit, before he casually leaned against the nearest seat and rested his paws behind his head and looked up at the screens that hung over the stadium, as he whistled a bit.

Jake rolled his eyes at the rabbit, before he looked at Alex with an awkward smile and cleared his throat.

Salasa rolled his eyes a bit, grinning as he waved after Kia, going into the stands to watch her battle. He cheered her on, happy to watch his friend battle so well. Once she was done, he walked into the stands, and gave her a teasing nudge. "You say you'd do better, but none of my Pokemon fainted. Maybe I'm a lot better than you say I am." He smirked a little, but quickly brushed it aside as he took out his Rotom Phone. "Ok...next up is the Dark Type Gym Leader, Marnie. She...is across Route 9, but we need to find a way to get past that water. I dunno about you, but...I really don't fancy a swim in freezing cold water myself...any ideas? Or...well, I suppose we don't really need to, we can just head back through Route 8."

"Mm...route 8 seems like the safest...considering off the top of my head, none of us have a pokemon that can take us all over that cold water...if anyone has had a Lapras or two that they've kept secret for some reason, now would be the time to reveal it." Jake said as he shifted awkwardly, as Sonny looked over at Kia and Salasa with half lidded eyes. Fabian flicked an ear, and decided to hide in Jake's backpack if they went the freezing cold route.

"...route 8 might take longer, but it'll be safer." Jake thought out loud, as he bit his lip.

Kia squinted at Salasa and frowned. "I know where you live, I could just show up one day and decide that your life isn't necessary. So you should shutup, because we wouldn't want that." She folded her arms and turned her head away. "Jake's right, and unless there's a Pokemon one of us wants to catch, we're going through Route 8." Ikari climbed onto Kia's head and started to take a nap. "Dark Types... Well, there's Uma and Kaga... Plus, there'll be no Dynamxing... I think I should be ok for Marnie. It's surprising that I'm going to use one of my newest Pokemon for two, no, three gyms in a row. I'm glad I caught Kaga, then."

"....wait, did you just say I was right?" Jake said as he blinked, and looked at her.

"...that...might be the first time you've said that." he thought out loud.

".....quick, what species of pokemon am I holding up?" he questioned before he scooped up Sonny and held him out in front of her.

Sonny blinked, as he looked at Kia in surprise, as his legs dangled off the ground.

Last edited:

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Alex came to the arena later than the others. She sat in the stands as Salasa and Kia earned their sixth gym battle. Alex looked to Jake and smiled back at him, before getting up to battle the gym. Alex changed into her uniform before starting the Gym Challenge.

Alex got through the challenge with little worry, and completing it relatively quickly. Once she got to Melony, she sent out Blaze against the Gym Leader's Frosmoth. Being incredibly weak to Fire, Blaze started off with Pyro Ball, and Frosmoth used Feather Dance. The Cinderace attempted to use Pyro Ball again, this time knocking it out. Darmanitan came out next, and Blaze used Flame Charge, increasing his speed in the process. Darmanitan went into her powerful Zen Mode, before using Headbutt. The Galarian Darmanitan however was now faster and used Icicle Crash, and flinching Blaze. She used Headbutt once more before fainting The Striker Pokemon. Alex swapped out the fainted Cinderace for Diamond. The Golisopod started off with First Impression, and the Darmanitan used Headbutt. She then used Fire Fang, before fainting to Diamond's Razor Shell. Melony returned her Pokemon for Eiscue. It went for Amnesia in quick succession, as Diamond used Slash, turning into Noice Face. He however failed his second move due to trying to use Sucker Punch, whereas Eiscue used Hail instead, restoring her Ice Face. Diamond then used Pin Missile, removing the Eiscue's protection while doing damage. Eiscue used Icy Wind, slowing down her opponent. She then went for a Freeze-Dry, fainting Diamond. She then sent out Rose, who used Magical Leaf. Eiscue tried to use Icy Wind, however Steenee used Stomp, flinching Eiscue and being enveloped into a white light. Rose had evolved into a Tseerena and used her newly learnt Trop Kick, fainting Eiscue. Finally, Melony sent out her Lapras, which immediately Gigantamaxed. Alex Dynamaxed her Pokemon as well, using Max Overgrowth. Lapras used G-Max Resonance, setting up a Aurora Veil. Rose was able to live it, and fainted Melony's last Pokemon. She earned her Ice Badge. Alex changed into her regular clothes and healed her team before going to the others in the lobby, Rose behind her.

Kia smirked. "That's the Idiot Pokemon, Sonny. This is the evolved form of Scorbunny. It evolves by having an idiot as its trainer for a long time." She walked into the lobby after Alex had finished the battle and clapped again. "Nice job Alex. So, that makes all three of us. Chop chop, let's get moving." She started to walk out of the stadium. Kia stopped, and looked up at Ikari. "Huh, what happened to my manners... Oh wait, I never had any." She shrugged and continued to leave the stadium.

Jake blinked as Sonny processed everything she just said.

"...RAB?!" he said indignantly, as an irkmark appeared on his head.

Fabian snickered loudly from Jake's backpack.

"...I should be offended by that, but to be honest i'm used to it," Jake said to no one in particular and sighed a bit, as he set down Sonny and followed the other three.

Sonny muttered something that's probably best left untranslated, before he shoved his paws into his pockets and followed Jake to the lobby.

"Alright...let's go," Jake said optimistically to Salasa and Alex with a small smile, before he walked after Kia, as Sonny trudged past the two, and still muttered to himself.

Salasa gave a small laugh, but a quiet and slightly unnerved one. He couldn't tell if Kia was actually joking or not. He quickly hurried to catch up with Kia to walk alongside her. He was silent for a bit, glancing back at the others to make sure they were following before looking back forwards. Slightly troubled, he glanced up at Kia. "...Hey, er...do you...actually like having me around? I mean, I can get being annoyed at me, but...I dunno, it just feels like you don't like having me around. I get that too, but...my point is, do you...I dunno, want me to leave? I guess that's really what I'm trying to say. Because I don't have to stay if you don't want me to."

Kia raised an eyebrow to Salasa. "Sally, I hate to break it to you, but do I really look like I don't want you to be around? That Max Raid Battle we did before is proof that I don't actually hate you. You also probably can never tell when I'm serious." She stared at Salasa, but all the light in her eyes had faded. "When I make this face... I'm dead serious. Anyways, who would come so far with someone they like just to ditch them? Don't misunderstand me when I say 'like'. This doesn't mean you should stop worrying too, I like the nervous Salasa that fears he might lose his life. Plus, I'm always out for blood." She smiled creepily at the last part, but for the majority of it she was being serious. She then took a moment to think about why Salasa was even asking this. "Oh, right, the reason I act like you're the biggest reject ever is because you are the one of the few obstacles in my path to being Champion." She started speaking a bit quieter. "I treat Jake like trash because he is trash." She looked uncertain about something for a moment, then gave a small smile.

"...wow, alright, 'Gabblimey'," Jake commented indignantly as he stared at the back of Kia's head with an eyeroll, before he slowed down and walked next to Alex, or a few steps behind her.

Sonny seemed to contemplate giving Kia a signature Scorbunny/Raboot/Cinderace kick, still slightly annoyed by the 'idiot pokemon' comment, but apparently decided against it, and he instead kicked a rock nearby against a tree, as his foot turned fiery and made a black spot where the rock hit, as the charred pebble fell to the ground, before he continued to walk along the path.

"Well...I mean, sometimes with the way you talk to and about me, it makes me...nervous that I leave a bad impression...I guess I don't huh?" He chuckled, then looked up at her eyes. "I...dunno, because you felt bad? I guess I've just been getting...really, I dunno, self-conscious about myself, what with losing against all the other trainers and...well...y'know, her, but..." He paused, then shrugged. "I don't really consider you an obstacle...not in a 'you're an awful trainer' way, more of a...'I really like adventuring with you' kind of way...I mean, I'd consider you a rival more than an actual obstacle, if you get what I'm saying, right? Don't...you think of me the same way?" His eyes widened as he snorted, covering his mouth at the mention of Jake. He chuckled, and sent out Skreebo to walk alongside them. The fused creature hissed a little at the sunlight once they were on the less cold part of Route 8, and seemed to snap at anything that moved...other than the group, which it was at least somewhat familiar with.

"Uh, I..." She scratched her head and looked away. "I guess I could call you a rival. Obstacles don't tend to move or speak do they?" She smirked and looked at Salasa again. "Obstacles also tend to be bigger than me. So I guess you aren't an obstacle." Kia moved her hand to above Salasa's head. "See what I mean? The more I think about it, you don't have any reason to want to be around me. We're like oil and water, we shouldn't be able to work well." She turned to look at Jake, an angry expression appearing on her face. "Also, don't compare me to dumb girl. You'll regret it if you do." She turned back to Salasa, becoming calm again. "Enough of this serious talk, it's gotten boring. Salasa, have you got any stories to share?" Ikari woke up, and spotted Skreebo. She jumped off Kia's head, and into Kia's bag. She looked a bit scared of Skreebo, and hid her head inside the bag.

"..."

Jake gulped audibly, and casually went and started to walk behind Alex, and cleared his throat.

"...so..." he said slowly, as Sonny walked in the middle of the group, and looked at his feet.

The Raboot looked around at the colder then usual route around them and shivered a bit.

Sure, he was a fire type, but that didn't mean he didn't get cold too.

The Raboot looked around, and picked up a stick from the ground.

As he remembered what he did in Glimwood Tangle, way back when he was a Scorbunny, he picked up some leaves and wrapped them around the stick.

After covering the whole top half in green, he carefully spit flame onto it, which lit it up.

Sonny held the torch in his paw and walked, as the fire crackled and burned in his grasp.

He grinned, then glanced up at the sky. "Well, I mean...obstacles aren't necessarily things. I guess I view them as...things that are stopping you from completing a goal. Be a Gym Leader stopping you from getting a badge...a Snorlax blocking the way...or...well, I'd consider what we're doing right now, journeying together as friends, being...well, a more rival type deal. Helping each other grow, right?" He grinned up at Kia. He didn't really react at the mention of Gabblimey, but he definitely didn't want to dwell on the topic. "...Well...not really that I can think of...I think my dad has a lot of cool stories from his time adventuring, but he...um...well, I don't really know him. At all...he left to go on another adventure when I was 4, but I've never heard anything about him from my mom...I bet he has a really cool team though. Like...a Moltres and a Zekrom! That would be super duper cool." He smiled to himself.

Jake looked around idly as he walked at the back of the group, with Fabian's front paws now sat on his shoulder.

The Nickit wrapped himself around Jake's neck like a scarf, to help him get warmer.

He smiled and scratched behind the fox pokemon's ears.

"Thanks."

Fabian smiled in reply, and shut his eyes.

Sonny continued to walk with his torch, as he clutched it close to him for warmth, and occasionally looked at the surrounding humans, his half lidded eyes squinted a bit due to the cold.

He rubbed them with his paws, as he shivered a bit.

He didn't wanna admit it, but he clearly wished for extra warmth.

Last edited:
"Salasa, you know that Moltres and Zekrom don't grow on trees, right? Well, if your father actually does I'm going to stea- beat them, and show you how strong I am." Kia managed to keep a straight face, then looked up to try and think. "I don't have any stories that are interesting, so I guess we just have boring lives." She looked back down at Salasa, and stared at him for a moment. She smiled a bit, before she looked away again and sighed. Kia didn't really know why she felt awkward all of a sudden. She looked back at Salasa, becoming quite annoyed. Eventually, she came to a decision. Well, there are only two options. There's no way I like him, so I'm obviously just nervous about the next gym... That doesn't make much sense though, I shouldn't be worrying about the gym. I've got a strategy and everything... She looked at Ikari, who lifted her head and stared right back.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point...I dunno, but he's probably still cool..." He chuckled, glancing at Kia. "Well...I think that just means that our stories are happening right now. Right?" He smiled back, though gained a look of curious puzzlement soon after. "Um...Kia? You alright? You seem kinda nervous...the thought of the next gym getting to you? That doesn't seem like you...well, it's a Dark Type gym, and we can't Dynamax our Pokemon...but Piers can't either. I think we'll be fine, right?"

Jake hummed a bit as he walked, his hands shoved into his pockets.

He looked around at the chilly path the group traveled on, and watched a Mantyke surface.

He smiled slightly as he pulled out his Rotom Phone and aimed it at the water/fairy type, and let it scan into his Pokedex.

"Mantyke: The Kite Pokemon, and the pre-evolved form of Mantine. Mantyke living in the Galar region seem to be somewhat sluggish. The colder waters of the seas in this region may be the cause. It swims along with a school of Remoraid, and they'll all fight together to repel attackers."

Jake smiled and then moved the device over to a Pelipper that landed in the water, and scared the Mantyke away.

"Pelipper: The Water Bird Pokemon, and the evolved form of Wingull. It is a messenger of the skies, carrying small Pokemon and eggs to safety in its bill. Skimming the water's surface, it dips its large bill into the sea, scoops up food and water, and carries it."

"...s-sounds like that Mantyke was smart to take off then," Jake chuckled lightly, as he pocketed his Rotom Phone, as his breath blew visibly into the air.

"Ahh, so that's what they're capable of huh? Guess I shouldn't really be judging them too harshly huh?' Matt said, watching from the stands as the trainers finished their battle. Leaving the stands with a cocky smirk, rubbing his hands together in anticipation. "Alright then, time to show those trainers what I can really do!"

He was changed into his gym attire after spending the last five minutes arguing with the guard to let him wear his hat. He ran out into the stadium jumping into the air, waving his hands to amp up the crowd as he landed. He tossed a Pokeball into the air grabbing it, and lunged his arm outward to point in Melony's direction as she walked out. She tossed out her Frostmoth, Matt simply gave a smile, twisting his hand to have the Pokeball seem to pause in the air as he quickly grabbed it again with the same hand. Winding up his arm, he then tossed out the Pokeball and a bright light enveloped the stadium and Hitmonlee jumped out and landed on the ground, jumping periodically.
"Alright, let's make this quick! Use Blaze Kick!" Hitmonlee leaped, curling into a small ball as its leg engulfed in flames. Hitmonlee struck down onto Frosmoth, only to barely miss. It flew into the hair and used Featherdance onto Hitmonlee. "Dang it- Hitmonlee spike it!" Hitmonlee launched himself into the air, doing a somersault and critically hit Frosmoth with a Blaze kick, using its legs, Hitmonlee extended the length to slam Frosmoth into the ground, fainting it.

"Nice work, Nice work! Now return!" He grabbed his Pokeball and returned Hitmonlee, who needed to recover from the feather dance situation. Melony then sent out Eiscue, "Aww, how adorable, too bad that's not going to stop me!" He threw out an Ultra ball, releasing Bisharp, who became ridged and saluted at Matt before turning to face Eiscue. It used Icy wind and Bisharp just simply blocked the Ice move. "Seem ya got some ice on you huh? How about you sharpen those blades then!" Bisharp nodded before clanging its arms and head blade together, they seem to emanate a small sheen. "Now then, finish it off with Iron head!" Bisharp ran towards the Eiscue and slammed it's face down onto it. Only to stop suddenly and held it's head in pain. Matt looked puzzled, moving his body to get a better look, "Hey, what's going on buddy?" He stared at the two pokemon before seeing the head of Eiscue split in two. "OH SH-" Before revealing another head underneath the fake head. "Oh... well that's... better? Uh, Bisharp uses Slash, just, not as decapitating. Bisharp nodded and quickly slashed down onto Escuie only for it to jump out of the way. "Oh it's fast now!?, Bisharp you gotta hit it, buddy!" Bisharp tried to hit the pokemon multiple times, missing all of them and getting hit with Icy wind multiple times. The steel on Bisharp accumulated a bunch of Ice, while Matt, noticed this and all his frustration melted away. "Clang your arms together quickly!" Without hesitation Bisharp slammed his arms together, having a bunch of ice shards and powder fly into the air and landing in Eiscue's eyes, it was temporarily blinded. "Now quickly! Iron head!" And with a huge slam, Eiscue fainted. "Yeah, baby! Good job Bisharp!" Matt jumped with joy and exclaimed, Bisharp just turned and gave another salute. Before another flash of light appeared to show a Darmanatan.

"Alright, bud you're staying in, time to clean up shop! Iron head once more!" Bisharp ran up to the new pokemon and slammed it's face down into it. Only for it to flash into bright light as it changed forms "What now!?" The Darmanatan, somehow managing to survive, burst into a giant fall of flames, knocking Bisharp into the air. The fireball jumped into the air, only for the fire to disperse as it got to Bisharp, Darmanatan then bit down hard onto Bisharp and thew him to the ground, fainting him. "Darn it!..." He gave a long sigh before smiling, he grabbed his Pokeball and returned it. " You did a good enough job, you laid down the groundwork for the rest."

He grabbed a Pokeball from earlier and threw it out to release Hitmonlee. "Alright, buddy, time for you to finish what Bisharp started, Now fake out!" Hitmonlee lifted his leg, only for it to extend quickly and sucker-punching the Darmanatan, fainting it. "Well, guess that one was a fighter, somehow surviving a super-effective hit, but I guess it doesn't matter huh. 3-1" He smiled and started to shake with anticipation over what was about to come next. Melony threw out her Lapras and Gigantimaxed it, he could feel the cold air from the pokemon as it roared through he stadium "You know something, this gym challenge has been neat, I've met people, beat people, found some new friends with my pokemon. And I did with my own strength" He called back Hitmonlee as his ring enveloped the pokemon. "For the folks tuning in, you might be wondering what my name is, and let it ring into your mind for all of existence" The Pokeball expanded and he suddenly dropped it, falling closer to his feet "MY NAME IS!" He then punted the ball into the air with his foot. "MATT MAROON!" The ball expanded again, releasing Hitmonlee as he slowly got bigger. He turned to face Melony, removing his hand having his long hair flow out of it. Hitmonlee landed on the ground and gave a huge roar, and his hair flew in the direction on Melony before slowly stopping as the roar stopped. "And don't you forget it!" The two titans stared down at each other, waiting for one of the trainers to make a move. "Hitmonlee!" Matt shouted before pointing at the Lapras. "Give it a good kick." Matt smiled before folding his arms together. Hitmonlee jumped into the air, extending its legs to hit Lapras, only to land right in front of it, the stadium rumbled as the pokemon landed. Hitmonlee grabbed its face with his hands and gave it another kick before the Lapras shook him off, only to use G-Max Resonance. Hitmonlee quickly blocked it, getting pushed back by the power of the stream before the water began to weaken and he extended his arms to disperse the water. Hitmonlee did one last somersault into the air and used both feet to slam down onto the Lapras head, ending the match.

Matt left the locker room, and looked around the various people, he rested his hand above his eyes like a pair of binoculars, only to find Kia talking with Salasa. "YOU!" He pointed dramatically and ran over there and skitted to a halt, not aware of the conversation they were having. "Gotta say, good job match, seems like you know where to put your money at." He then lifted his new shiny badge on display "I'm sure you saw my amazing battle." His eyes quickly darted to the side of him and mumbled "As you were supposed too..." He then looked directly back at Kia with more energy than ever. "But I won the gym battle too, and I think you and I know where this is going." @Clunpsy

Jake blinked and looked at the newcomer as he skidded to a stop in front of the group of four.

He raised an eyebrow as he stopped walking near the others, and quietly listened.

Fabian opened his eyes and perked his ears, as he tilted his head to the side to look at the stranger.

Sonny halted and looked over.

He recognized the new human and sighed with an eye roll, as if to say something along the line of "This guy again...", as he clutched his "torch".

"We're um...actually on the way to Spikemuth." Jake said slowly, as he motioned towards the right direction.

"And its...kinda cold." Jake said bluntly, as his cold air breath blew out of his mouth in front of him.

Kia looked at Matt and smirked. "You're the annoying one, right? I don't remember your name, so I'll call you Idiot Two." Her face suddenly turned serious as she shrugged and put a hand on her head. "In most situations and alternate dimensions I would gladly accept that challenge. However, Jake's sadly right again, I don't want to stay cold for too long. Bye now." She looked away and continued to walk. She stopped again, and looked at Matt. "I don't intend to battle you before the League, so good luck getting a battle with me. You better be worth my time anyways, it would be a waste if you completely sucked. Ok, see ya Idiot Two!"

Matt's face started twitching into multiple different emotions, Before taking a loud breath in order to calm himself, he looked at her and gave a loud laugh. "Wow, so let me get this straight." He slowly walks up to her. "You, lady, decided to bring up the idea to challenge me, I follow through with the commitment and proceedings in order to fight you. Then, when that's all said and done, you then decide, 'lol, JK I don't fight you'. Then proudly claim that I'm an idiot, . Well certainly have a case there, I'm not the smartest guy around, but at least I'm not a coward and I follow through commitments. ." He shrugged, smirking at Kia, "Well I can walk the walk, AND talk the talk, can't say the same to you. And I would totally buy the reason that you gave, but considering the fact you didn't even say hi to your friend in that diner, I don't really believe you caring what your friends say is actually accurate unless it benefits you." He gave a shrug, "But then again, what do I know, I just met y'all, and besides you" He pointed at Kia "the rest of y'all seem like pretty chill people, and I see that we are all going to the same place.. hmm" He rubbed his chin with his hand before clapping. "Well, then I guess we can all travel together huh?" Internally in Matt's mind, ""WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? YOU HAVE NO REASON TO TAG ALONG THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK!"" His conscious echoed through his head as it lost control of the wheel long ago

Last edited:
Salasa's eyes widened as well, his jaw nearly dropping as he stared at Matt, then at Kia. "...I...Kia? Um..." he paused, then shuddered a little. "...Alright, well...why should we bring you along? You basically only stopped us to battle, we said no because we didn't wanna stay in the cold any longer...and now you want to buddy up with us? I dunno, but...just doesn't really seem very...eh. Also not mentioning that our first impression of you was you falling onto your face." He snickered a little...he was getting pretty cold, so he decided to let Rocky Road out to help the group warm up a bit. The Coalossal gazed at Matt, then growled a little...he didn't try to start any fights, just staying with Kia's group.

"...I...um...have...to agree with...Salasa." Jake said slowly, as he looked at Kia tensely.

Sonny nervously walked over to Rocky Road and stood behind him, to avoid a possible sudden "explosion" of sorts, and to get warm.

Fabian stuffed his head at the bottom of Jake's hood, which caused the trainer to stumble back a bit, before he quickly balanced himself and swallowed, and looked back at Kia.

"..."

He took a step or two to the left, so he was more behind Salasa and closer to the Coalossal.

Kia stared, her face surprisingly calm. She took a deep breath and her fists clenched. "Do what you want..." She looked like she was going to erupt for a moment, then her hands slowly relaxed. Out of nowhere, she smirked. "Welcome to the team! Sadly, I don't have enough energy to murder you... so this alliance is just until I finally desire to obliterate you. You shouldn't get in my way. I will promote you from Idiot Two to Nitwit. Oh, another reason I'm not battling is because you took too long. You should have caught us when we weren't leaving." She started walking again. Ikari jumped out of Kia's bag and on top of Rocky Road, and hissed at Matt.

Matt rested his hand onto his face and chuckled, his conscious telling him he had a good out to take, before responding to the slip comment. "Like we're going to pretend you haven't done anything embarrassing at the moment. Gave me good attention, before you all just decided to walk away before I got me barring." His teeth clenched up and the end just thinking about the situation that entwined them together, However, he tuned out Jake as he began to thought to himself, did he really want to tag along with this group, really he hasn't gotten off on the best foot with anyone. In a surprising act, he finally swallowed his pride, gave a short sigh and shook his head, "perhaps you're ri-" Matt then turned around to Kia and the words she said to him, made him tie a brick around the gas pedal and decided to go full throttle, out of spite and pettiness.
"Hey you know alliances follow commitments right! But since you're shockingly the only person who wants me on the team, who am I to turn down! You do owe me that battle after all so it seems it's all fair until I get that battle! We are going to have," His teeth clenched again, this time being very noticeable in the tone of his voice. "so much FUN together!"

Matt scooted up closer to Jake, putting his hand onto his shoulder. "Aww come on buddy," He shook his head, and gave an innocent smile as he looked directly as Jake, "Does this look like a guy who's unstable?" He quickly chuckled before moving away, "Don't answer that..." He rubbed his hands together stared at the remaining group. 'Besides, you're going to witness the greatest origin story in history, as I!" His thumb stuck out and he pointed it directly at his chest. "Matt Maroon! The future champion of this region! So then my begrudging allies!" He spun around and pointed directly on the route path in a dramatic fashion, "We must make haste for the league, so we can enter in the great competition!" his voice lowered to a mumbly whisper, "And get this over with." He began following the rest of the group, a bit distracted by his conscious berate him constantly, ruining a perfect out, and how Matt was a prideful idiot that couldn't admit a mistake.

Last edited:
"..."

Jake looked at Salasa and Alex.

"Guess he didn't realize that I meant him and Kia traveling together..." he muttered, as he followed.

Sonny rolled his eyes as he followed the humans, and Fabian went to lay down in Jake's backpack.

"This should be eventful..." Jake added quietly as they walked along the route, and swallowed.

Last edited:
Kia gave a sinister grin and also moved closer to Jake. "Hey hey, Jake, nothing too bad is going to happen. Everyone will be happy when you're murdered for getting on my nerves..." Her voice became quieter. "That day might just be today..." She laughed quietly, though it was more of a cackle than a laugh. She walked back next to Salasa, her face becoming more serious. She looked at him, her voice quiet but sharp. "We're near the not agonisingly cold part of Route 8, so I won't really have any reason to not battle Matt. The real reason is that I don't really want to be too far behind the other challengers, but it would be bad if he found out. So I need you to come up with a reason for me not to battle him. You are the one I can trust the most after all. He's an idiot, so it shouldn't be too hard to fool him." She smiled for a short moment, before making a straight face.

Salasa was staring at Matt, a shocked smile on his face as he muttered to Kia. "Oh jeez...did I really sound like that at the start of our journey? Yikes." He listened to her, nodding as he crossed his arms. The grumpy Rocky Road behind them just let himself back into his Pokeball, as the cold part of Route 8 was ending. "I figured as much...what? Why do I have to come up with a reason? I...um..." He seemed a little stunned, his cheeks going a bit red as he smiled softly. "Well...I guess if you trust me...maybe if we say we're saving the more...important battles for later on in the journey, like...after we get all the gym badges, or for Wyndon? Or...would that stroke his ego even more?"

Jake stared at Kia, and turned pale.

"...i'm on her side, why me...?" he said to himself as he swallowed, and tensely followed the group.

Sonny glanced at the newcomer with apprehension, before he turned and walked behind Kia and Salasa, with Jake (and Fabian in his backpack) behind him.

Jake meanwhile, was starting to wonder if he should be scared for his own safety right now or not.

Matt tilted his head and looked at the group, he gave a long sigh "Oh I see, I'm not good enough to be included in the battle strategy discussion, or is it that you think I have super hearing? If that's the case maybe you folks speak up so I can actually hear you because I don't in fact have super hearing. " He looked down before grabbing the wrist of his glove and tightening it. "Though, just be sure, if its a strategy to face me, then I promise to poke holes into that." He winked, before turning his head, "Don't worry, I'd give feedback, we're all trying to get better at this."

Kia smirked."I think that might work... You know Salasa, this is one of the few things that has stopped me from ripping out your heart. You should thank yourself for being too helpful to die. Plus, I wouldn't kill a friend either. Not a close friend at least." She looked at Salasa through squinted eyes. "Also, you blush a lot whenever I say nice things to you." She didn't really know why she said that, but it was true that she did notice Salasa turning red quite often. "You're making it hard to insult you, so please stop." She turned her head away and looked towards Matt. "I don't know what you're talking about. I'm speaking perfectly normally. Also, I don't think it's necessary for you to tell us you don't have super hearing. We could figure that out pretty easily, as you aren't an alien or something. You're more of a bug."