• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Jappio's Poke Splices, Fakemon, and Captace Region

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I want a Pinepine! It's so cute ^^

Really great pokedex you're building up here. I think Porygon 0 looks fine and with Fixdines, you seem to have the right attitude. Being able to look at yourself and say 'I'm not ready for that yet' is a skill in itself.

I look forward to when you do draw it ^^

yay! more fakemon!!

I love turtech!! Its so freakin adorable along with pinepine!! I think pinepine could use a little more shading but otherwise I love it :D
Porygon 0 looks awesome! It looks like it can rip me to shreds :o I especially like the fact of it being poison/dark.
Pito and cavito are pretty cool. I think the gray body should be darker gray or black so the eyes would look brighter and scarier >:D

PS I think you have been improving a lot!! You were really good at the beginning and now you are amazingly amazing!!!

Hey, I'd like to help with your pokedex, if you want, we can set up a topic were everyone submits their fakemon, and judges can decide if they're good enough or not. It's just a thought.

Well I don't really want to joint this project. I should have enough ideas on my own, and I have my friends begging me to include their ideas. I refuse though because I want these all to be all my own for the most part. My dex is almost getting there too anyways. I have plenty more planned, I still have to include like Zubats and Tentacools in the Dex. I'll be able to get to 651 without the need of a partnership. Thanks though for the author.

Also to those being supportive of my skills thanks. I still don't think I'm doing amazingly amazing, since I know there are much better scratch sprites in the world, but sheet 9 isn't my worse. I'll stop being so emo now. Jappio the supposedly "amazing" spriter is back. :D

Alright, thanx anyway. Maybe another time with another dex. I'm trying to make my own dex, but I don't have the skills to create enough, so that was my idea to make a fandex of pokemon, but it never worked out on the other site.

Well just as a quick explanation. The three splices with Celebi are for a contest, and it's part of the contest that they had to have shiny forms. Also the guy on the bottom left and his inferno form are for a different contest.

Splice_Sheet_34_by_Jappio01.png

Well finally finished the latest Fakemon. I am incredibly happy with the results. Not everything is as good as I wanted, but some of it is also better than what I was expecting.

Fakemon_Sheet_10_by_Jappio01.png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

571 - Dratini
572 - Dragonair
573 - Dragonite
574 - Dragos: Dragon type. Evolves from 571 when it level ups to level 30 with "Evil Wish" held. "This pokemon's evolution is altered by evil, and due to this, unlocks unknown power. It is said that they gain strength the darkness of the night."
575 - Chaogon: Dragon/Dark type. Evolves from 574 at Level 55. Dragonite, but drop the speed and the attacks a little, raise its defenses. "Using the pure power of Chaos and evil, this Pokemon happily attacks all in its path, making sure to gain dominance over all."

576 - Beldum
577 - Metang
578 - Metagross
579 - Bishdum: Steel/Psychic Evolves from 576 at level 20 with "Holy Wish" attached. "This Pokemon is said to only be able to move in diagonal directions. It has a strong sense of good."
580 - Kingpiece: Steel/Psychic. Evolves from 579 at level 45. Think Metgross, but switch its P and Sp. attack, switch its P. and Sp. defense. "This pokemon fights with strategy, and likes to take command of a full army.

581 - Rocknuckle: Rock/Fighting type. Revived from fist fossil. "In ancient times its said this pokemon would make its nest out of rock, by breaking up the rock with its tail and making a place to lay.
582 - Stonefist: Rock/Fighting type.Evolves from 581 at level 35. Good P attack. Ok P. Defense and speed, bad Sp. Defense and Sp. Attack. "With it's powerful tail, it smash boulders apart and knocks trees down. Not hostile though, it could hide amongst other rocks thanks to its tough rock like back and hide from others."

583 - Anibone: Rock/Ghost type. Revived from Scrambled Fossil. "This pile of bones is possessed by a new spirit. Unfamiliar with the body though, it is unable to pull it all together.
584 Skelegeist: Evolves from 583 level 35 Rock/Ghost type. Good Sp. Attack. Ok P attack and Sp. Defense. Bad speed and P. Defense. "Gaining enough power to assemble the bones together, this Pokemon gains new confidence. Sadly it didn't quite do it right, and now has found nothing is in the right place."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Great, these are really cool, the last is funny, but it would make a good pokemon. I especially like the Dragos and chaogon, I'm all into dragons and chaos.

...I want an Anibone and a Skelegeist! Those look pretty funny. It's good to see an alternate evo for Dratini, Dragos I really like.​

Well this sheet has a lot of new odd things. The reason being, lack of requests online, and my friend was happy to fill in with all his weird requests. Well I better start explaining all this stuff.

First up we have the splice of the 4 fiends from Final Fantasy 4. It was a little hard to do, weird pixel style I'm not use to.

To the right of that, we have these little pink dudes. My favorite is the Uxie one, who I put into a contest, it won. I also gave it an advance recolor. If it were a Fakemon, I'd call it the color pokemon.

A little lower is another one of my recent contest winners. It also had to have a shiny color.

To the right, my friend asked that I spliced using sprites from green version. The first one, I chose Jolteon because for some reason its expression is awesome, plain pure awesome. It's like going "Yahh!!!". Well Raislash was just because I love those two Pokemon. The other two, more so random.

Middle left we have some kirby splices. Simple to do, but not much to work with. My friend asked for these.

Down and right, we have some Dragon Quest splices. A few colors since I couldn't find one I liked. Now that is what I call multiclassing :p. Also asked for from my friend.

Bottom left he may look familiar from my last sheet. He won his contest, but that was more so due to the fact that everyone else dropped out. I also had to make a fossil for it, which turned out great I think. I hear though that fossilization should be more so about splicing and recoloring, and that I went way too overboard, but whatever. Below I also made a quick little .gif of it too.

My friend also requested the ninja badge. I went with it since it was quick and easy.

Guess that's all I have to say, oh and another Jolteon head for safe measure.

SpliceSheet35.png

anisplice.gif

I love the flaaafy-flareon and the jolteon-slowpoke, they are just so awesome! :D
I've never played the other games that you mentioned, but I still like the sprites :)

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Jolteon-Slowpoke has to be my favourite combination ever! It looks so happy and cute. I like how you've used some of the sprites from older games to create your combos, it really works. I like the Ekans+Wartortle sprite too, it's a glass snake!

Great stuff ^^

Well in my boredom I did my next splice sheet. Since I only got one request, I had to fill it up. Well I decided by filling it up with a Raislashes, one from each game. I also made a new type Raislash. I want to say I like the old one more, but at the same time I like the new one.

RaislashSheet.png

I have to say, I really, really like Raislash. You've combined two Pokemon I love but don't use often. My favorites of all of them are Silver Version and Emerald version, the back sprite is really nice too.
I also like the Slowpoke/Jolteon mix, as well as Flaffy/Flareon (SOOOO fluffy!).​

wow! these are good, the mario/pikachu made me laugh, the idea of the three psycic pokemon and the regis is a really great idea and done so well

good stuff

omg, these are so cool! My favorites are the Scizor/Gyarados fusion and the Mario Pikachu. I have a request, if that's allowed. A Gengar+Blaziken fusion?

Recently due to Deviantart becoming strict on things like splices, I've had to reupload a lot of my stuff. So because of this, I've update my first post with everything. Also my splicing guide has been updated to include more advanced stuff.

Also Chibi, I'll be happy to do the request.

Edit:

Well got the latest Fakemon done today. Not a huge sheet, but it's enough.

FakemonSheet11.png

585 - Pokayman: Flying/Fighting type. Good Sp. and P. attack. Ok P. Defense and speed. Bad Sp. Defense and HP. "This pokemon stands for truth, justice, and the Captace way! A Pokemon referred to as a true hero." (This Pokemon will learn a lot of different moves, all super hero related. Things like Aura Sphere, Blizzard, Extreme speed, ,etc...)

586 - Bookergeist: Ghost/Normal type. Good Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. Bad P. Attack and defense and speed. "The text written in this possessed book is what they say powers this spirit. Using ancient arcana proves to be an effective method of battle for this Pokemon.

587 - Shrubly: Grass type. "Newly hatched from it egg, this Pokemon goes to the first thing its sees and attatches itself to it. It then will ride along with it for as long as it can."
588 - Bushent: Grass/Dragon type. Good Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. Ok P. Defense and P. Attack. Bad speed. "Being so in touched with nature, this Pokemon can will the growth of plants around it. (I like how even by accident, dragons end up with 4X weakness to ice).

589 - Shuppet: Ghost type. "Attracted to vengeance, this Pokemon can be found around a good deal of bitter people. It often feeds off of this emotion."
590 - Banett: Ghost Type. "This doll now haunts the planet seeking it's own vengeance. It's a good reminder to never throw things away."
591 - : Ghost type. Evolves from 589 at level 37 with "Holy Wish" attached. "When this spirit gives up on the feeling of vengeance, and instead feeds off of emotions of forgiveness, it takes this new form."

Thanks Jappio. Btw, I love the Bookergeist fakemon, I want one now, but then again I've always had a love for possesed books with a little creepy evil face in the pages. ;D But for some reason now I see the Necronomicon Ex-Mortis ("The Book of the Dead") from the movie Army of Darkness now. Those who have seen the one that flies up and bites the living crap out if Bruce Willis's hand know just what I'm talking about.

Pokayman...XD its a pun
I think that the outline of the parts that are gray/white look a little weird.
But I love your idea for him :)

Bookergeist is so awesome I don't even know what to say 0.0
Shrubly and Bushent are sososso cute :D You are getting really good at fakemon ;D

I like the idea for '591' is pretty awesome! But I think the eyes and the head's shading could use a bit of work.

Overall I really like this sheet :)

:o Wow! poke Splices are AWESOME ;D! There are many I especially like the wigglytuff+toxicroak+gardevoir, lickitung+snorlax, combee+castform, hoothoot+eggxecute,garydos+milotic, yhe soccer mom kangaskhan lol,the torchic+uxie(second one), and garydos+giratina+darkrai one. they're all great but these are my favorites. keep up the good work. ;)[/color][/color]

I don't do overworlds Ross.

Here is the latest sheet, and my biggest. I mean, I got a ton of requests. The only non requests are the Link splice, and those recolors.

SpliceSheet38.png

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
All of them are so cool looking. There are so many good one I don't even know where to begin! I love how your splices look so natural as if that's the way they were suposed to be. One of your funniest is the male Kangaskhan with his pipe :D.

Wow, those are really good. I think my favorites include Pika/Arcainine, Entei/Groudon, and Prinlup/Xatu.
Nidoking/queen is hilarious.​

Ooooh cool sheet. The Gengar/Blaziken looks kinda creepy....o.o But, awesome as always. My favortie is probably the Aerodactyl/Mawile fusion. I swear that reminds me of something...but I can't find out what.

Took me forever to even start doing these, much less finishing. Thanks though to me starting to develop some type of insomnia, I got some done (I really need to get to bed before 5 AM!). Well I have to say I love the Thorny Devil I made. It's now one of my favorite/cutest, at least I think so. Also I'm lazy and will be ceasing all the useless junk I had when describing pokemon. I'm now not going to bother to say level or stats of the Pokemon.

FakemonSheet12.png

592 - Lighla: Psychic Type. "The markings on its body glow when this Pokemon uses it's psychic powers.
593 - Darvil: Dark Type. "This Pokemon is known for its visious style of fighting. With it's powerful arms, it can break down entire trees."
594 - Koalanian - Psychic/Dark Type. "This pokemon shares two very different personalities. It's versatility more than makes up for the lack of a sound mind though." (Currently my idea is that either the Koala or Tasmanian Tiger can evolve into this Pokemon.)

595 - Echindle: Fire Type. "It is said that you can tell the age of this Pokemon by the number of spikes on its back. No one knows how they get and or grow them."

596 - Thornz: Fire Type. "The spikes on its back aren't actual flames, they act as a warning. The warning is appropriate though as this Pokemon is a Fire type."
597 - Frillz: Fire Type. "When being threatened this Pokemon displays its crimson frill. It is said that they also absorb heat through the thrills."

598 - Smoochum: I don't feel like bothering.
599 - Jynx: I don't feel like bothering.
600 - Hexill: Psychic/Ice. "This Pokemon is capable of hypnotizing without even using its psychic powers. It's singing and dancing are said to capture the heart of anything." (Way of evolution pending)

As a bonus I've made a cool little animation of the Echidna Pokemon:

Echidna-2.gif

Oh and also I was thinking of doing something with the Echidna Pokemon involving Candle Jack but I never thou....

Hee hee, the Echidna animation is cute to watch. I have to say I love the thorny devil sprite, makes me happy. Those guys are cool. =D​

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
I'm catching me a Thornz when I go to your region. The best part about your scatches is how how original they are. Keep it up!

P

Pokepok

These are excellent splices, Jappio!
I especially liked your Pikachu-Arcanine splice. It was very cute!
And that Voltorb-Caravanha splice is really unusual.
The 'cool little animation of the Echidna Pokemon' made me LOL.XD

Keep up the good work!!

Here is the latest sheet. For whatever reason this thing took me forever. The time it takes me to do a splice has actually increased recently, probably because I'm trying out some more advance stuff. Sadly I can't help but think I'm slowly moving into disguise territory more so than splicing =/. Well whatever, I like what I've done this time around, some cool stuff. Everything on this one was by request.

The repose on the bottom was a request from a friend, he wanted me to make a repose of Pikachu in Pokemon yellow style. I used the Super Smash Bros. Brawl pose for it.I then figured I'd revamp it, which went kind of Ok, but it is a bit small by today's standards :p.

I was also requested to mix like 8 Pokemon, but since one was Wailord, another being Combee, I decided to say "Screw that", that's too many things with too many different sizes and stuff, I don't feel like tackling something like that on request yet. If I do a 8 pokemon splice, I'll be choosing the Pokemon. Also was requested to do a Dialga + Palkia + Girantina (Origin Forme), but I am not doing it since it involves Origin Forme Girantina, which I don't have a free to use sprite of it, nor do I want to go find one.

SpliceSheet39.png

The Ho-Oh/Lucario looks the best in my opinion, next to the Blastoise/Regigiagas fusion. The Hocario reminds me of a S. American dancer for some reason. Shading on the Machamp/Shiftry is excellent.

Now I know what the Mawhile/Aerodactyl thing reminds me of. Have you ever played a game called Dark Cloud 2? There are these little Fairy/Pixie thingees that have hats that look exactly like that; they use them to flip over their face and bite you. 0.o

There are some good ones in here! I would catch the Smoke/Dragon thing, and the Male Dratini line, but maybe they should be blue? It would match the Female Dratini's a bit more

I haven't played Dark Cloud 2 Chibi, so sadly I don't recognized it, but that's ok.

Aura, the alternate line to Dratini is not the male line, but instead an evil line, it envolves using a special item in my region known as the "Evil Wish" there is also the "Holy Wish" too. I changed the color because the green gave it more of an evil look, and I mean Dragonite is a very different color that the other two, so why not these guys :p.