• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Is there someone special in your life?

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Yeah. I'd say there's lots of special people in my life. Close friends, family members, pets... They're all special in their own way and I love 'em for better or worse (the latter mostly applies to family, lol).

But I'm also the type of person who doesn't believe in a single type of love, so take my reply as you will :p

Like Linkachu I consider my friends and my family the special someones in my life. If you mean boyfriend-like special person, then not yet. Unless of course, I'm destined not to have that type of person in my life. If so, then that'll be fine ^^

Xanthier's my 'super-special'. He can be so sweet and yet so... malicious at times :3

Of course there are my immediate family (my extended is truly that, I hardly ever see or speak to them); mother, father and sister. Then there's the cat, but I don't think she really counts as a 'person'.

I consider my family and friends and some pets as special people in my life. Especially one of my friends, one of the dearest people I've ever met, she's like the sister I never had. And she puts up with me and my insane brain, you have to give her credit for that.

Not so much my family, even though they are my blood. I really don't like my mom, but I guess that's part of growing up. :p I love my friends, so yes, they are special to me.

As for boyfriend special then not currently, no. As much as I wish I could be with him again..

My ex-girlfriend is the most special person in my life. I may have been the one to break up with her, but that doesn't stop me loving her. In fact, we're probably getting back together soon. *knock on wood*

Aside from her, I have a few special friends that I can really trust. 3 of them may as well be my family.

As for my immediate family...yeah, I love my mom, but my brothers piss me off all the time, so it's hard to call them special to me.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I have a lot of close friends, and my parents influence my life a lot. My church's youth group pastor is like a part of my family as well. And I guess you can say the people at school who're usually looked down on, teased, or just ignored and have almost no friends I consider "special".

But one person in particular has had a big impact on my life. My church's youth group worship leader (different from pastor for those who don't know) has made a large impact on my spiritual life. I usually find myself looking for her when I need help, or when I need a question answered. She's become my big sister in a way. She helps me in many ways; she makes me feel more secure in a place where I know no one, she's a reliable person to tell my problems to, she gives me good advice, and she's always there when I want a hug (so every time I see her, I ranomly tacklehug her. XD).

Besides her, like I said, my friends and family, though they're really a given. I do have a sort-of crush, but I barely see him or talk to him, and I don't really like him as much as I used to... so yeah. ^^;

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
El, both you and your answer are just so epic XD

I'd count my close friends and family as special, along with my pets. I think, like Linkachu, I have varying levels of 'special'. I love my gerbils more than anything, but I doubt to most that they'd be considered special friends. My best friend is very important to me, since I've known her from the very beginning of nursery at school.

I do have a boyfriend, and we've been together for two and a half years. Even though he's a bit of a grump these days, he'd special to me as well XD

And my family will always be special. I get on with my parents very well, and aside from the occasional scrap, me and my little brother get on quite well too.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I have myself. I'm so special to me that I count as six or seven hundred people. :)

... XD
Just XD

[quote author=Chibi]Especially one of my friends, one of the dearest people I've ever met, she's like the sister I never had.[/quote]

The sister thing might not apply to me, as I have various sisters XD, but I have people like that in my life, too. They're not blood relatives, but they might as well be. Calling them "friends of the family" just doesn't do their bond with us justice. That's why we typically call them cousins, or "like family", or in the case of my friend (the daughter in the family) I refer to her as being like another sister. Since her mother and mine have been best friends since University, I've known her almost my entire life. Life long friend... And she's awesome to boot, so yeah XD

Yeah. I'd say there's lots of special people in my life. Close friends, family members, pets... They're all special in their own way and I love 'em for better or worse (the latter mostly applies to family, lol).

I agree with Linkachu. There are a lot of special people in my life, but if you're talking about that special someone, then no. He was there, but then he crushed my hopes... Byes... :'(

Hurmm... Interesting question.

Like alot of people are saying, my friends and family are special to me. I do have a crush, but no boyfriend, and I intend to keep it that way for about two more years. ;D

good question.

I have lots of friends from both my university course and back home that are special to me. These are the sort of people that help make each day seem great. As Doctor Oak said there are also those very special people that i know and enjoy reminding them how special they really are. ;D

As far as the special someone in the romantic sense, unfortunately no :(
hey maybe i'll find someone when i've finished uni ?

Nemesis

Former Administrator
I have myself. I'm so special to me that I count as six or seven hundred people. :)

You remind me of Captain Jack. (Harkness, not the crap one.) "You're the only man you would ever settle for."

Anyways- I still have friends from uni, who I hardly see, who mean a lot more than my friends here in my "new life". Guess its just the stuff you go through with them etc.

And of course I have my Sarah, but you guys don't need to hear much about that, other than the fact she is awesome.

I think this topic has deviated a bit from its original intention. The people I love in my life are very special to me. My mother and brother, and my father who although he is gone continues to be ever so special to me. I'm very close with my family.

I don't have many close friends where I live right now, but the one best best friend that I do have is.. of course.. forever far away and denied to me.. -______-;; Yeah, my mom and her mom have been best friends since they met at university, and so, knowing the whole family since I was born and within my entire life, they do feel like family. I love them all. Though, "family" doesn't give them justice, neither does "friends of the family." I don't think there's a right word for it.. but I love them all to death! Now if only they lived a little closer so that I could actually SEE them often. ;) :D

As for a boyfriend, no.

I'll skip out on the alternate and personal meaning of the question and say that my family is very special to me. They're the only ones that I can be myself with. They even don't mind getting their butts handed to them on a silver platter in 007 Nightfire! Sometimes. :D

And my dogs are just... dogs. Mojo is incredably energetic and always greeted me when I came back from school. And Jack is the calmer one who has been trained and everything. If we feel bad in any way, he's always there.

But there are some things that I can't joke around with them about, and that's where my friends come in. Granted there've been bumpy times, I've found myself trusting them more over this past year. And now that I'm heading into High School, I need friends. They'll do. :D There's even a certain friend that had once been... anyways. But, we've become really good friends over the past year. I've even gotten hugs from her.

The point is that there are many special people in my life, even my brother. My mom I can go to for just about anything, and my best friend for everything else. My dad loves to joke around, and so do my other friends. I wouldn't trade them for anything, truthfully. :)

AL
*Poof!*

Besides friends and family (family includes pets), there is noone.........yet. There are about 11 girls that have a crush on me that I know. I guess there's hope for me yet....

Nemesis

Former Administrator
All fighting over you are they?

They're not a group of friends by any chance are they? Talk to you then turn o each other and laugh uncontrollably? Yeah, thought so.

I tease, I tease. To some extent.

One of mine and my gfs best friends as become like a sister to us. She wants to be the godmother to mine and Autumn's children. LOL. But Devin (the future godmother) is very special to me, and I prtect her like the little sister I never had.

I have to change what I said before. The ex girlfriend is no longer the most special person in my life. In fact, I wish she had never been there. :p

The most special person now is practically my sister...although both of us feel as though it should be something more. But she's going out with my best friend, so I'm just going to wait, because they've been arguing a whole lot lately.

Woah had to read Blacklotus' statement twice just because it initially sounded very wrong... Sorry bud...

Anyhoo, I loves many peoples... ^_^
I generally have low expectations for my relationships as I'm wonderbubbles at screwing them up.
After my last relationship and with my current status of trying to join the forces I'm not looking at anything in any way permanent, so I'm back to my "just being safe" ways of the past... I have a bit of a player reputation >_>

There are a few people that stand out of the crowd as people that are tres special to me, but yeah thats as far as I'd go...

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
On the basis that I'm ancient, I've been with my partner for longer than some of you kids have even been alive. And we are still soppy enough to make our friends nauseated on occasion ;).

Seriously, romantic relationships take a lot of work. A lot of talking, communication - finding out what someone really means when they say something. Part of still being happy after 12 years is pure luck (we both found the right person!), part of it is bloody-mindedness (we didn't give up even when things were difficult), part of it is down to a generally good understanding of each other's communication styles. Even then, we still have arguments - people who never argue rarely have comfortable relationships - but our arguments get settled with the two of us working together to find a solution.