• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Into the Pokéverse Discussion

Gold The Dragonite

Previously Dratingonair
Sure, why not?

Name Kris
Personality: A cheeerful and energetic girl. Kris is caring and friendly, and can be competitive from time to time. She cares deeply for her friends and her partners.
Appearance: Kris has emerald eyes and is tallish for her age. She has medium-long straight, wavy cream hair, and wears a blue buttoned blouse, along with a white short skirt and blue sneakers.
Pokemon: Rose the Bounsweet (F) Blitz the Litten (M) Volt the Pichu (F)
Region: Alola

Name: Bentley Ryder
Appearance: Bentley is 5'10 (177cm), and he has messy short black hair with green eyes. He wears a black puffer jacket over a white T-shirt and black pants, his shoes are brown as well. He has a watch on his right arm to help him with the time, and a trainer belt with his Pokeballs on it.
Birthplace: Jubilife City, Sinnoh
First Pokemon: Duskull
Personality: Bentley is impatient, due to his adventurous urge to go out there and do something, he hates standing around doing nothing and can't wait until the next battle or adventure to begin. When he's with others, he tries to push them in the direction of most adventure. When around Pokemon, he loves to take care of them and battle with them.

Backstory:
Bentley was born in Jubilife City, one of the largest in Sinnoh, and was trapped there almost his entire life. His parents didn't like him leaving the city without them, so his "adventures" as a child were restricted to the streets and alleyways of the city. When he was eight, his parents decided they'd had enough of his yapping so to calm him down, at least for a while, they gave him his first Pokemon. It was a Duskull, that shared his same sense of adventure. The two would run around the city together, and now that he had his own Pokemon, his parents even let him explore the routes and towns surrounding the city. Two years later, when he was 10, they made the move to Twinleaf Town. Bentley was ecstatic, since Twinleaf Town was very small he'd be able to venture out even further into the woods than before. His parents still restricted him from going on a journey though, that is until he turned 14, when they finally cracked and allowed him to go. Once again ecstatic, he left the small village that very day and hasn't looked back since.

Pokemon:
Species:
Duskull
Personality: Duskull is very similar to Bentley, and shares his same passion for adventure. The two enjoy each others company and have become the best of friends since meeting six years ago.
Ability: Levitate
Held Item: Leftovers
History: Duskull was gifted to Bentley when he was eight by his parents, the two have been almost inseparable since, sharing adventures together.
Sounds like a very cute character! Feel free to join right now since I've just written an opening for new people to join. I'll add you to the "notices" conversation as well!

EDIT: Btw, since your character is from the alternate dimension I'll also add you to that conversation.

Sure, why not?

Name Kris
Personality: A cheeerful and energetic girl. Kris is caring and friendly, and can be competitive from time to time. She cares deeply for her friends and her partners.
Appearance: Kris has emerald eyes and is tallish for her age. She has medium-long straight, wavy cream hair, and wears a blue buttoned blouse, along with a white short skirt and blue sneakers.
Pokemon: Rose the Bounsweet (F) Blitz the Litten (M) Volt the Pichu (F)
Region: Alola
Cool, feel free to join! The group's getting quite large so don't feel pressure to respond to every little thing! I'll add you to the "notices" conversation as well, please read the first post on there.

EDIT: Btw, since your character is from the alternate dimension I'll add you to that conversation as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Ooft. What an absolute cluster.

It appears that this 'arian chatterjee' individual seriously did a number on this thread, and not only they didn't bother to read the rules (gods, horrendously short posts, present tense and general foolishness) - it also looks like they may or may not have tried to hijack the plot? I've also received a report that they just sort of joined the thread without dropping a character bio in the discussion thread or something, but that's not really a requirement in threads classified "Open" rather than "Ask to Join" so really that's not an issue unless the thread was supposed to be an ask-to-join one (which is to be fair a common issue and more thread creators should properly read the rules, but that's neither here nor there.)

Either, way, I've taken the liberty of removing the offending individual from the thread and moderate them. Unfortunately, that means that I also had to remove a lot of posts that interacted with it - which means pretty much every post past the point they intruded into the thread. So... yeah, there's that. Carry on as though nothing happened.

Also, do keep your tenses in order - you seem to do so fine most of the time but even the thread creator here seems to have fallen into present tense at some point. >>;

Sorry I haven't been able to make a post. I'll make a summary post of what my characters have done. They would be with your characters. Sean is determined and silent while Shade will be worried, silent, and upset about everything. As the group gets larger, she'll want to go out on her own because she feels like she can take care of herself.

Sorry I haven't been able to make a post. I'll make a summary post of what my characters have done. They would be with your characters. Sean is determined and silent while Shade will be worried, silent, and upset about everything. As the group gets larger, she'll want to go out on her own because she feels like she can take care of herself.
No no it's ok! I understand everyone's busy and rping is definitely not everyone's first priority, heck I've got midterms coming up so don't worry! A summary post isn't even really necessary just jump in wherever we are (unless there are really big events that happened that you want Shade and Sean to react to). :)

@Captain Pokémon

I mean, you can always look it up. But Wynaut and Wobbuffet never learn any moves that deal any direct damage. The only thing Wynaut learns is Splash, Charm, Encore, Amnesia (as of Gen VIII), Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, and Destiny Bond.

Before Gen VIII, they learn Splash, Charm, and Encore when they are born, and they learn Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, and Destiny Bond when they are about to evolve into Wobbuffet. And in Gen VIII, they learn all those moves plus Amnesia when they are born.

Last edited:
@Captain Pokemon

I mean, you can always look it up. But Wynaut and Wobbuffet never learn any moves that deal any direct damage. The only thing Wynaut learns is Splash, Charm, Encore, Amnesia (as of Gen VIII), Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, and Destiny Bond.

Before Gen VIII, they learn Splash, Charm, and Encore when they are born, and they learn Counter, Mirror Coat, Safeguard, and Destiny Bond when they are about to evolve into Wobbuffet. And in Gen VIII, they learn all those moves plus Amnesia when they are born.
Sorry I got my notes mixed up. I swear I do the research!

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
Please.
Please.
It's spelled please.
We do not allow chatspeak on the forums.
Stop it.

Also, there was really no need for a triple post here, some of the posts in which were literal spam (one-word posts are never okay). You're on a forum, not a Discord server. Triple-posts merged and the next pointless rule-break I see here will result in action.

Okay, so this RP has piqued my curiosity!

Can you explain a bit about where the plot is, and whether it's too late to jump in?
I can help with that.
This rp revolves around three trainers who got sucked up through a portal and into an alternate universe.
Neon (My character)
Nito (Sunlight Iseka whatever)
Nathan (LordBallGuy)
Then there’s also Aine. (NotaViolinist)
There are also characters from the alternate universe, some of which become main characters, like Bentley (Pinch)
Also, I don’t think it’s too late to join, you can just be a character from the alternate universe and be written in as a main character.
Also, if you really want to know what’s been happening recently in the story, you can do one of two things.
1. Read the summary posts in the rp page.
2. Go to NotaViolinist profile page and just ask.

Last edited:

aurivee_

Previously EeviumZ
Sure thing!

Name: Alison Silverstone
Nickname/Preferred Name: Allie
Appearance: Standing at the relatively average height of 5'6, Allie has bright blue hair and brown eyes with a slim build. She has fair skin with no defining facial markings. She rarely ever wears any form of makeup, with the exception being special events. Her nails are usually painted a simple white, often with glitter.
Clothing: Varies. It's usually relatively casual. She doesn't have much of a fashion sense, so she sometimes wears a hoodie and a skirt together and calls it a day.
Personality: Allie is practically the definition of charisma. She's sweet, bubbly, and a touch awkward at times. A kind soul, she seeks to make others happy - sometimes even at her own expense. She has an unmatched determination, although this often causes her to be rash - getting her into trouble more often than she admits.
Current Pokemon:
Eve the Eevee (F, Incapable of Evolution)
Moon the Shiny Ralts (F)

Sure thing!

Name: Alison Silverstone
Nickname/Preferred Name: Allie
Appearance: Standing at the relatively average height of 5'6, Allie has bright blue hair and brown eyes with a slim build. She has fair skin with no defining facial markings. She rarely ever wears any form of makeup, with the exception being special events. Her nails are usually painted a simple white, often with glitter.
Clothing: Varies. It's usually relatively casual. She doesn't have much of a fashion sense, so she sometimes wears a hoodie and a skirt together and calls it a day.
Personality: Allie is practically the definition of charisma. She's sweet, bubbly, and a touch awkward at times. A kind soul, she seeks to make others happy - sometimes even at her own expense. She has an unmatched determination, although this often causes her to be rash - getting her into trouble more often than she admits.
Current Pokemon:
Eve the Eevee (F, Incapable of Evolution)
Moon the Shiny Ralts (F)
Sounds great! I'll add you to our conversation, please read the first post there since there's a couple rules. Your character's from the "other dimension" so maybe she could have had a bad experience with Team Unknown? Also, since we're leaving for Caraway City soon maybe Allie could meet us there?

Hi, I've been reading a bit through this topic and the actual RP, and it seems interesting. Is it possible for me to join?

If so, I had a backstory in mind that involves my character growing up in Fortree City, Hoenn. Is that possible, considering the alternate universe-storyline?
Oh yeah, there's no problem! This is a non-canon region but plenty of our characters are from canon regions like Unova, etc. So that's totally fine! If you could give me a short description of your character, I'll find a way to write them in!

I
Heya, so I'm new here and this looked kinda interesting to me!
So, is it to late join this RP?
I'm glad there's so much interest! It's not too late, drop a short summary of your character here and I'll take a look. We're having a lot of people join right now so joining a little later might be smoother for the story, but I'm happy to accommodate any new characters!

Alright, thanks! and here's a character bio below. (sorry for the late reply)

Name: Pearl
Region: Unova
Appearance: Standing at 5'2, She has green, emerald-like eyes with dark, wavy, brown hair. Her apparel is a white tank top. She also has a black jacket and navy colored jeans. Also, she wears a red beanie with a white Pokeball on the front of it. She has a small duffle bag with all of the essential Pokemon trainer items.
Personality: A calm personality. She likes to treat people with kindness and cares about people and Pokemon. She is never quick to anger but she could be if provoked, or if somebody tries to start something.

Partner: Stoutland
Pokemon team (so far): Just a Stoutland (I'll catch some more pokemon probably later in the RP)
A little bit of a backstory: She grew up in Driftveil City with a little pokemon by her side which was a Lillipup. This Lillipup is truly something special to her as she grew up with it, it was almost like a best friend to her. She soon thought about being a Pokemon trainer and soon she did since Lillipup has grown a lot over the years. So she did and decide to leave the Unova region with Stoutland by her side.

Last edited:
Alright, thanks! and here's a character bio below. (sorry for the late reply)

Name: Pearl

Region: Unova

Appearance: Standing at 4'9, She has green, emerald-like eyes with dark, wavy, brown hair. Her apparel is a white tank top and black, baggy sweat pants. Also, she wears a red beanie with a white Pokeball on the front of it. She has a small duffle bag with all of the essential Pokemon trainer items.

Personality: A calm personality and likes to treat people with kindness and cares about people and Pokemon.

Partner: Stoutland

Pokemon team (so far): Just a Stoutland (I'll catch some more pokemon probably later in the RP)

A little bit of a backstory: She grew up in Driftveil City with a little pokemon by her side which was a Lillipup. This Lillipup is truly something special to her as she grew up with it, it was almost like a best friend to her. She soon thought about being a Pokemon trainer and soon, she did since Lillipup has grown a lot over the few years so she did and decide to leave the Unova region with Stoutland.
Sounds good! I'll let you know when to come in. :)

Thanks! Here's my character:

Name:
Riff Skye
Hometown: Fortree City, Hoenn

Appearance:
Riff has a rather sloppy appearance. Most of the times he wears old band T-shirts. Most of them don't really fit, given his slender build. He stands at 6"2, making him look lanky. Most of the old jeans he always wears have rips in them. His pale face is covered with a little facial hair and his hair is a bit messy, though due to it not being too long, it does look okay.

Personality:
Riff likes to spend his days lying in bed and listening to old rock music. He's very clever and has a great memory, but due to his lazy and cynical attitude and lack of ambition, it never got him very far. He never cared for Pokémon that much, because catching and battling them would involve him leaving his room. Despite that, he does know a lot about Pokémon. Especially about bird-like Pokémon, as he grew up with them.

Backstory: Riff grew up in Fortree City with his parents and his older brother Charlie. His parents had a little business for which they trained birdlike Pokémon. Not for battling, but to help people with all kinds of jobs. When they were kids, Charlie and Riff used to help around, as well as play with the Pokémon. They would have (gentle) Pokémon battles, or fly on the birds and race.

As Charlie hit puberty, he decided to leave his hometown and become a Pokémon-trainer. Ever since then, Fortree City had become rather boring to Riff. He didn't enjoy playing with the birds anymore and helping his parents started to feel like a job, more than something he did for fun. Instead, he started getting into music. He spent a lot of time alone in his room, discovering old bands and artists. He never had the motivation to start making music himself, but he does eventually want to learn how to play guitar.

His father got more and more annoyed by Riff's behaviour, as he needed help with the birds. He decided it would be good for Riff to go out and explore the world, as it had been good for his older brother Charlie as well. At first Riff didn't want to, but eventually, after a lot of arguments, his father convinced him. Riff would take 'Lemmy', a Skarmory with which he already spent a lot of time anyway, and go out on a Pokémon adventure.

---
Pokemon

Species:
Skarmory
Nickname: Lemmy
Nature: Lax
Moveset: Peck | Sand Attack | Metal Claw | Fury Attack
Backstory: Lemmy was a Skarmory Riff's father tried to train. However, it often refused to execute commands, because it would rather just lie down in the yard and relax. Riff's father noticed that the more commands it gave, the more stubborn it got, at which point he gave up on the Pokémon. After that, the Skarmory still roamed around the house, until one day it found its way into Riff's bedroom window. At that moment, Riff was lying in bed, listening to some Rötomhead. Riff was surprised with how calm the giant bird was and decided to let it stay. Ever since then, the two of them would often just sit in his room and listen to music together. Eventually, Riff decided to name his new Pokémon-friend Lemmy, after the lead singer of Rötomhead.

Thanks! Here's my character:

Name:
Riff Skye
Hometown: Fortree City, Hoenn

Appearance:
Riff has a rather sloppy appearance. Most of the times he wears old band T-shirts. Most of them don't really fit, given his slender build. He stands at 6"2, making him look lanky. Most of the old jeans he always wears have rips in them. His pale face is covered with a little facial hair and his hair is a bit messy, though due to it not being too long, it does look okay.

Personality:
Riff likes to spend his days lying in bed and listening to old rock music. He's very clever and has a great memory, but due to his lazy and cynical attitude and lack of ambition, it never got him very far. He never cared for Pokémon that much, because catching and battling them would involve him leaving his room. Despite that, he does know a lot about Pokémon. Especially about bird-like Pokémon, as he grew up with them.

Backstory: Riff grew up in Fortree City with his parents and his older brother Charlie. His parents had a little business for which they trained birdlike Pokémon. Not for battling, but to help people with all kinds of jobs. When they were kids, Charlie and Riff used to help around, as well as play with the Pokémon. They would have (gentle) Pokémon battles, or fly on the birds and race.

As Charlie hit puberty, he decided to leave his hometown and become a Pokémon-trainer. Ever since then, Fortree City had become rather boring to Riff. He didn't enjoy playing with the birds anymore and helping his parents started to feel like a job, more than something he did for fun. Instead, he started getting into music. He spent a lot of time alone in his room, discovering old bands and artists. He never had the motivation to start making music himself, but he does eventually want to learn how to play guitar.

His father got more and more annoyed by Riff's behaviour, as he needed help with the birds. He decided it would be good for Riff to go out and explore the world, as it had been good for his older brother Charlie as well. At first Riff didn't want to, but eventually, after a lot of arguments, his father convinced him. Riff would take 'Lemmy', a Skarmory with which he already spent a lot of time anyway, and go out on a Pokémon adventure.

---
Pokemon

Species:
Skarmory
Nickname: Lemmy
Nature: Lax
Moveset: Peck | Sand Attack | Metal Claw | Fury Attack
Backstory: Lemmy was a Skarmory Riff's father tried to train. However, it often refused to execute commands, because it would rather just lie down in the yard and relax. Riff's father noticed that the more commands it gave, the more stubborn it got, at which point he gave up on the Pokémon. After that, the Skarmory still roamed around the house, until one day it found its way into Riff's bedroom window. At that moment, Riff was lying in bed, listening to some Rötomhead. Riff was surprised with how calm the giant bird was and decided to let it stay. Ever since then, the two of them would often just sit in his room and listen to music together. Eventually, Riff decided to name his new Pokémon-friend Lemmy, after the lead singer of Rötomhead.
Love it! I'll send you a message here when to come in.