• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Indigo Plateau Kanto Leauge

"Don't mind if I do," Landon replied as he began to pile up food on his plate. Landon took a bite of the food and his face turned a bright red, "HOT!!!!!" he cried in pain, "Hey that reminds me, I know exactly who would like these! Go Iwa!" Landon threw the Pokeball, a Tyranitar burst out with a roar, "TYRANITAR!!!" Landon handed some spicy food over to Iwa who ate it without any issues.

"Hey, Iwa evolved again! Congrats Landon. Tyranitar is a great Pokemon. Strong and durable." Darrius said with a smile.
He then began to fill a plate with food, and sat with Ry, Landon, and Levi.
"So, what all did you guys do since I've been away? Did any of you stay here in Kanto? or did you all go back home?" he asked the group.

"Thanks Darrius, and it's gotten a whole lot stronger too!" Landon said pointing to Iwa, "Personally I've been staying in Kanto, I just just earned my eighth badge recently, man was Blue difficult." Landon continued to stuff his face full of food, 'With everyone here this league is going to be a great league' Landon though to himself.

"I trained with Gyra," Ry said. "We've spent the past two months in Kanto."
"But my mom, sent me these," Ry said pulling out clear plastic ball cases and a box full of symbols.
"They are called Seals and you put them on a ball case," Ry explained taking a black cloud shaped symbol and putting it in the clear ball case. He clipped the case on a Pokeball and sent out Fuego. He appeared in puff of black smoke. "They help improve your pokemon's appearances on stage."

Last edited:
"I've seen those before. I watched a few contests in Lilycove City while I was in Hoenn. Interesting thing, Contests. Not my style, but certainly an admirable pursuit in the love of Pokemon." Darrius said with a smile. "Seems like I was the only one who went home. There's good reason for that of course. My mother was ill, and Professor Krane needed me back at the Lab to look over some data he'd gathered on various things. Thankfully, mother is better now, else i'd still be in Orre. I also have a hint as to where my next stop will be as his aide." He added with a smile.
"But for now, I am here. While I enjoy thinking about adventures to come, I don't want to ruin this moment for myself. I plan on going all the way this time around, and I expect to see at least one of you at the top to take me on in the finals!" he added with a smirk, issuing a challenge to the trainers at the table.

Robby entered the room, looking absolutely clueless, "Oh man, I've just signed up for this tournament and now I don't even know what to do." Robby said as he aimlessly walked around the food, not knowing what to pick. Robby then looked over and saw is old friends. "Woah could it be?" Robby asked as he began to walk toward them. at that moment Donphan broke out of its pokeball and ran right toward Iwa to greet it. "It must be them, Donphan never would do that unless if it was a friend." Robby said to himself as he walked up to the table. "Hey, guys, long time no see." Robby said as he sat down at the table next to them. "Donphan, you shouldn't break out of your ball like that, you're not small anymore." Robby said to Donphan as he patted it on the head.

Ry returned Fuego back to his pokeball and but the case away. "I'll be there, but i'll beat ya." Ry said making a fist.
"Hey Robby, nice to see ya," Ry said smiling.
The man walked to each table delivering a box. He set it on Ry and company's table and walked away, Ry read the note aloud, "Here is a new invention. It's like a poketech, from Sinnoh, but it also works as a Pokedex, and Xtransever. bJts but the chip from you pokedex into it, and it should work with your data." Ry shrugged and opened the box. Inside was a box with a variety of watches in different colors. They had a square face, with a touch screen face and button's along the side. ry grabbed a red one and removed the chip from his pokedex and put it in the watch. It started right up. "It's so cool," Ry said looking at it. He put it on his wrist.

"Hey Robby, glad you could make it!" Landon said with joy as Robby walked over, "Hey would yeah look at that Phanpy evolved into Donphan!" Landon looked over at Iwa who was smiling to see an old friend, Landon began reminiscing over their journeys before Landon had gone off to challenge Koga. Landon turned and heard Ry and Darrius who were talking about making it to the finals, "Guys I'd hate to burst your bubble but I'll be winning the league," Landon said with determination. Landon watched as the man set down the box with the watches and listened to Ry describe what they were, "So we just have to put our Pokedex chip inside of it," Landon said as he removed the Pokedex chip and placed it into the watch and saw it light up, "Ry was right this is really cool.

"Yeah, I am too. It was a little difficult, especially after returning Greninja to his original trainer, but I made it." Robby said as he took a poketch with a black wrist strap and placed his pokedex chip into it. "Well, I guess I have to crush all your dreams, because I will win this time!" Robby said with a laugh. "Well, when does this the league officially start?" Robby asked as he eat an energy pokepuff and gave a special looking one to Donphan.

"The man said tomorrow is prep day, but we'll know our opponents. Then we battle the next day." Ry said beginning to eat again. " He swallowed, and said, "You don't stand a chance. Me and my team are really strong now." He looked at his new PokeWatch. He tapped a few buttons and some info appeared on the screen. "They just sent us the entire scedule." He said looking up.

"We'll just see about that." Robby said with a smirk as he looked at the schedule. "Let me show you something cool." Robby said as he pulled out a fast ball and sent out Electivire.
"Vire!" Electivire said as it stood there with a serious face. "I evolved this guy right before I fought with Blue." Robby said as he threw a special looking pokepuff up at Electivire. "I also have a few surprises up my sleeve" Robby said as he flashed a Dive Ball, "I also have some other pokemon to withdraw later."

Levi slipped on the black poketch and checked the schedule. "Well Im glad to see your all pumped for the tournament, I look forward to fighting with you all" he gave a faint grin before going quiet to eat. I wonder how there training compared to Mt. Silver, I dont really think there are many places better to train in the world..... he had a cheeky grin as he ate, thinking of the strength he's obtained. Im sure they all found a way to improve greatly. He looked over at the Electivire. "Good job man, but I think we all got some surprises."

"Well well, nice to see you Robby." Darrius said, after he gulped down the food he'd been eating. He then stood and gave the young trainer a firm pat on the shoulder.
"How have you been? Did you miss us?" he asked, in a more joking than serious manner.

"Nice to see you guys too." Robby said as he smiled, he was happy to be back with his friends. "I've been great, I returned greninja, and evolved and strengthened myself and team." Robby said, catching everyone up. "And of course a missed you guys!" Robby said with a laugh. "So, any way, what's new with you'll I've defiantly shared enough about myself, haha." Robby said as he looked at all his friends.

"Well, you and I are the only ones of the five of us here that left Kanto. I went home to Orre to take care of my mother and some research business with with Professor Krane. Thankfully she's doing better, so I can be here to participate in the Kanto League." He said.
"I was telling the guys earlier that I expect to see at least one of you on my climb to the top, and I intend to win it all." he added with a heavy smirk.

Ry rolled his eyes and stifled a yawn. "I'm gonna hit the hay, cause i'm beat." Ry said stretching his arms. he excused himself and stood up and trudged towards his room. He went inside and collapsed on his bed, and quickyl fell asleep.

"Yeah, me too. We've got a big day tomorrow." Robby said as he stretched. Robby went to his room, but instead up sleeping he went out to the back battlefield and trained vigorously with all of his Pokemon (even backups). "We will win the league guys!" Robby exclaimed as he and his Pokemon continued to warm up and train.
We can't afford to get eliminated early, we need this experience to be able to beat her. Robby thought to himself as he trained alongside his Pokemon.

"I think I will be turning in for the evening as well. I'd love to catch up with you all more in the morning." Darrius said with a smile. He stood and exited the room, retreating to his assigned room, and lays down to rest, allowing Sol out of her Pokeball to sleep in the bed with him.

Levi smiled at his friends waiting for the them to leave before he stood up and walked away. He stood in the center of one of the training fields and pulled out two pokeballs. "Go, Orion! Cronus!" he sent out his two pokemon who stood there side by side, confident smirks on there faces. Levi stared there in slight aw. There so different.... he shook his head before smiling and petting his pokemon. "I can see your training went well, were there any issues while I was away?" Cronus and Orion shook there heads in unison. "Good. Orion, we'll cover battle tactics later with Axel and you both." he returned Orion before standing in front of Cronus, "Well my friend....we made it" he said staring at Cronus, deep in thought. "Since its been awhile, lets cover the basics." Cronus nodded in affirmation before there practice got under way.

Ry woke up early the next morning. He took a quick shower and got dressed. He checked his watch. He was going to be in Block C with Landon. "So i will either battle, or end up going on with him." Ry thought to himself. The thought of him knocking a friend out of the tournamet made him feel bad. "I hope we will b attle early on, and not now." Ry mumbled to himself scrolling through the info. "Oh thank goodness," he said seeing how that him and Landon were unlikely to battle in the first Round."

He grabbed his pokeballs and walked outside. The warm sun shone on his face, and he stretched his arms. "Good Morning Pokemon Leauge!" He shouted, waking up some of the other contestants who were deciding to sleep in.

Darrius groaned and rubbed his eyes when he heard Ry shouting outside. When it clicked in his mind that it was RY who was shouting, he laughed out loud.
"Just like him to do that though. That's Ry for ya."
He then hauled himself out of bed, took a quick shower, geared up, and went outside.
"You know, you could be a little more courteous to those that are still sleeping." he said, mock scolding his friend.

"Nah, tomorrow's the big day, everyone should be up and moving at this point." Ry said smiling. He checked his PokeWatch. "Apparently there will be a bunch of stands and stuff outside the main gate, to help drum up business for the Battles tomorrow." He said after a moment. "I'm gonna go check it out, you coming?" Ry asked beginning to walk off towards the main gate.

"I don't have anything else planned, so why not?" Darrius said with a shrug, and followed along beside the other Trainer. Checking his own watch, he looked over his bracket.
"Huh, Block A, and it looks like Levi is in my bracket. Thank goodness we're not paired up for the first round. I'd hate to have one of us be eliminated from the running so early on." Darrius thought to himself as he walked.

Ry looked around. "Look at all this stuff!" Ry exclaimed once they reached the stalls. He darted around, looking at different stalls. He picked up a sliver chain. "June would like this," Ry said buying it. He stuffed it in his bag, and bought a Black Belt. "Cool, this will boost Fighting type attacks."

Darrius stopped at a stand, and purchased a necklace. He then exchanged it for the older one that was around his neck, attaching the Pokeball clip from the old one to the new one.
"I must say, Kanto knows how to do it up right for their League tournament." Darrius mused aloud, as he slipped the old necklace into his jacket pocket.

"Yeah, its a huge deal," Ry said. "I heard that either Johto Badges or Kanto badges will allow you to participate." Ry looked around. "I'm gonna get going, and do some private training." Ry said after buying a White baseball cap and putting it on his head. He walked towards the woods. "I suggest, you train in your own way." He called out.

Darrius nodded and headed towards the stadium where the battles would be held.
"I can't let my team down like I did during the quarterfinals in Hoenn a few years ago." Darrius thought to himself. He sat down in the stands, and stared down into the arena, and began to calmly meditate.
"I believe in my Pokemon, and they believe in me. There's no way we can lose."

Levi stepped out of his room and looked down at his PokeWatch. "Okay....Bracket A, same as Darrius but we're not likely to get paired anytime soon, good. Lets save the real fights for the end of the tournament." he exhaled deeply before walking outside. "The weather around here is pretty nice..." he said to himself while walking. He looked through the shops before being stopped by an overly excited man with a run down little wooden stand. "Hey kid, how would you like to own a super special pokemon!??!" he said with a huge grin while rubbing his hands together. "Really...and what might it be?" Levi asked with a lazy look, he's dealt with crooked salesmen trying to pawn off faulty gear and things like that to beginners, he didnt like them. The man looked offended by Levi's question. "What is it? Young man you could have yourself this amazing Magikarp for only fi-" the man was cut off by Levi raising his hand in the air before walking away. "Please dont waste my time" he added plainly.

Ry walked around until he came into a clearing. He released his pokemon and said, "Okay, guys let's review what we've learned." He began to coach his Pokemon, reviewing new strategies. The entire time, he was thinking things like, "Wow, everyone has gotten so strong. I'm gonna need to give it my all."

Robby ran into the building after a night full of training and team prep, grabbed a bite to eat, showered, and healed up all his Pokemon. "Well, looks like a prepared a bit to early. I might as well look around for gifts for my family and friends back in Kalos." Robby said as he grabbed all of his pokeballs. "Man, I hope I don't have to fight my friends early on, I want all of us to succeed in this league." Robby said to himself as he walked around the shopping block. Once Robby had returned from the shopping area with many gifts he went to a secluded, open area, and sent out every Pokemon he had register for league (On hand, and off hand). "Alright guys, let's get everyone up to speed." Robby said as he sat around his Pokemon.
Robby continued to review strategies and tactics among his Pokemon for a while. While doing various stretches with his Pokemon Robby took a good look at them all.
They've all grown so much, and it's really amazing to think I was apart of that process. Robby thought to himself, while he looked a Charizard and saw the little Charmander he used to be.
Robby then looked at his poketch, "So B block huh, it seems I'm not in a block with my friends, unless some else joins the tournament later. That's good at the moment, I won't have to eliminate anyone of them at this point." Robby said with a sigh of relief.

Last edited:
'Bzzt. Chloe, girl, you're so late you put Kukui's to shame. I can't believe your boat was so slow. Zzt'

"Shut up Rotom."

The sun radiated joyful heat down onto earth on the warm Cinnabar island; the water reflected back its glittering rays in its silvery surface, glaring and staining the eyes of any unfortunate onlooker with an unwelcome collage of colors; blue, red, green, and an inky black swirling around it all. The port was empty enough, in fact, the whole island was practically deserted save a Pokémon center and a couple of houses, hut there were a few boats and stray trainers who had traveled from great distances to visit the volcano that once ruined the land here. Everywhere, despite its general quietness, was bursting with life, even the burning, ruby red rocks that supported the giant mass of floating land sung songs of happiness and joy of life. Pidgeys overhead replied with a happy coo; expressing their joy of freedom and feeling the open air tug at their many feathers. There was a lady amidst it all, breath in deeply into the new air of Kanto, after all, it was only her second time visiting the "original land" as some people referred to it back in Alola. A tiny, glittering red and electric blue creature buzzed over her head, and zipped around happily in the new space.

"Bzzt, perhaps, Chloe, you should get Valor. He can fly you to the Indigo League. Zzt"

"Perhaps, Rotom, you should pull up a map you useless, good for nothing pokedex."

The statements were exchanged with humor, and a wide grin painted the face of Chloe Astri, a lady reigning from Alola who wished to regain a respectable title after her loss in an Alola hosted event, the "Oceans Journey". The Rotom next to her zipped even swifter by the second, his eyes smeared into a happy "smile with eyes".

"Bzzt. Ah, but Miss Astri, how can one generate a map of somewhere they've never been? Zzt."

A grunt was given in reply, and the grin on Chloe's face was quickly shifted back to a neutral tone, where she contemplated where she should go. "Ok Rotom, back into the bag. I'll get Valor and I'll get us both to the League." The woman said after a moments hesitation, opening the brown messenger bag around her shoulder, and grabbing two poke balls before the Rotom dug in. The electric ghost type waved a tiny goodbye before going into sleep mode and falling gently into the opened bag, which was then promptly zipped up to prevent the contents from spilling out. A Trial Charm could be seen from the strap, decorated brightly in blue, pink, and yellow. After a deep breath to deepen her senses, Chloe dropped the two poke balls, smiling as a large Braviary and a tiny Vulpix appeared.

"Shiver," she said excitedly, referring to the Alolan Vulpix, "you've never flown before, have you? Are you excited, because today Valor is totally going to fly us to the indigo league, isn't he?" Chloe added, shooting a hopeful glance at her proud Braviary, who cooed in agreement. "Vul! Pix pix, vul!" Shiver cried in excitement, quickly bounding into Chloe's outstretched arms and taking a comfortable position slung over the girl's shoulder. With a bit of effort, the trainer managed to climb onto her Braviary's back, and soon the wind was rushing past them.

_______

Soon after, the bustle of the indigo league emanated in Chloe's ears as she wandered past the attractions to finally get her way to register... late. Shiver sat on her shoulder patiently, ignoring the stares from onlookers. 'Oh right, Alolan Vulpixs aren't necessarily commonplace here." She thought to herself as she also noticed the many stares directed at her shoulder, more at the creature on her shoulder. Anyway, she was lost, so she ended up just sitting on a bench in the middle of the activity, just sitting there awkwardly as she played with Shiver.

((Sorry, I would have made it more detailed, but I've hit a massive writing block. >_<))

Levi had been walking around the activity center hoping he could find something enjoyable to do.
"Man.....there's nothing interesting around here, maybe I should meet up with the others." He stated plainly while digging his foot into the dirt, deciding to have one more look around before giving up.
Just gotta make it through the day. Tomorrow I can finally start fighting again. He smiled hoping this tournament would be his big win.
As he continued to walk he passed by a girl with an Alolan Vulpix, Cronus jumped out of his pokeball and stared thinking it was a familiar face, "Blast!" it yelled at the small pokemon.
Levi turned to his pokemon and began to pet him, "Easy Cronus, that's not Shimo, its just the same kind of pokemon."
Cronus looked back at Levi slightly embarrassed about the case of mistaken identity.
"Hehe, its fine buddy, your not used to Alolan pokemon, return" Levi couldnt help but to smile at the thought of Shimo.
Been awhile since we traveled with those guys.... he thought, letting nostalgia take over.

Walking through the plaza, Darrius, lost in thought, carelessly collided with Levi.
"Oh crap! Sorry! Oh, hey Levi, what's up?" he asked, as he helped his friend up from the ground.
"I need to focus more. it's not like me to space oout like that..." he thought to himself.

Casys casually strolled through the plaza, Apollo at his side. I still can't believe we made it, Casys thought. He and Apollo had just barely made it to Kanto in time to register for the Indigo League. "I'm sure Uncle Burgh won't mind handling the Gym while we're away," he remarked to Apollo. The Heracross grunted a response as they walked around. "I wonder if any of our friends will be here," Casys commented to Apollo, who nodded in response. Casys slowly felt each of the Balls on his belt as memories flooded his mind. He continued to walk side by side with Apollo, and they talked about their friends from months earlier.

Casys and Apollo sat down at a small cafe with plates of food before them. Casys dug into his meal, grilled Lumineon with diced Tamato berries, while Apollo thoughtfully chewed a variety of berries. "This is pretty good," Casys murmured before he looked into the crowd to see a familiar face, or rather two. "Darrius! Levi!" Casys called to his friends.

Levi stood up brushing the dust of his jacket, "Hey man, just exploring I guess."
Before he continued he heard a voice yell out at him and Darrius, "Who was that?" He asked as he walked towards the yell.
Looking back at Darrius quickly he said, "Might as well stick with each other now, the whole group seems to be reconnecting."
He turned and went in the direction of the voice. "Who...." he said squinting before jolting up. "Oh Casys! Hey" he said approaching his old friend.

"Hey guys!" Casys exclaimed. He was so happy that he found some of his friends. He shook Darrius' hand, and said to he and Levi, "It's great to see you guys! I've been in Unova the past couple months." Casys pulled out his Trainer ID and showed it to the other two. "Guess who's Castelia City's gym leader!"

"Wow, really? That's crazy man! Congrats! But... How are you here to challenge the Kanto League if you're the Gym leader for another region?" Darrius asked, rather confused. His confusion is logical. An event like this is unprecidented.
"To think Casys actually became a Gym Leader." Darrius thought to himself. "I knew all the friends I made here had great potential, but who would have thought?"

Casys understood Darrius' confusion. "I'm not really entering to win-," Casys explained to his friend. Casys glanced at Apollo and continued, "-We're here to get some more experience battling. But hey-," Casys said with a mischievous grin. "-Winning wouldn't be so bad. My Uncle Burgh, the former Gym Leader, is holding down the fort while I'm out here." Casys had some of his own questions. He hadn't seen his friends in a couple months, and was dying to know what they'd been up to. "What's new with you guys, then?" He asked.

"Not much on my end. After i earned my badge from Blue, I had to make an emergency trip home to help my dad take care of my mother, who had gotten sick. Thankfully, she's better now, so I'm here once again. Just in time for the Indigo League tournament. I remember watching the Indigo League on TV as a kid. I know things will get really intense, and I look forward to it." Darrius said, with a grin that practically spread across his entire face.