• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Hurt & Heal: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon 2 Starters

Status
Not open for further replies.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member

Charmander - HP 7 HURT
Chikorita - HP 75 HEAL

Too tired for amusing banter...

Charmander - HP 6 HEAL
Chikorita - HP 76 HURT

Goodbye Charmander, you will be missed! I expect he will be down for the count by tomorrow morning. :'(

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior

Charmander - HP 3 Hurt
Chikorita - HP 79 Heal

there is no "sunny day" to help you out now, Charmander.... it's midnight.

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
well, that was fun....
*wonders how many people turned their back when chiko had 3 HP the latter time*

what should the next H&H be about?
I'll read replies when I wake up in the morning XD

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I suggested the Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia starters in the chat yesterday, since that would be Munchlax, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Kricketot, Mime Jr., Cranidos, Shieldon, Croagunk, Machop, Pachirisu, Starly, Hippopotas, Snover, Misdreavus, Sneasel, and Gible.
Fairly big list of starters there, one for each type.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Alas, poor Charmander. It was a good fight on both sides though, Chiko made a couple of amazing comebacks to finally take victory. Good fun ^^

*howls her victory to the stars*

Wh00t! Yay Chiko! You know, I don't think anyone was expecting that comeback last time from all the Chikorita supporters! But yes, poor Charmander. If it weren't Chikorita against him, I've been on Charmander's side (well, except Cyndaqui maybe.) Long live Jhoto! And I think that King of Lucario's suggestion is an excellent idea!

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
I like KOL's idea too
wide choice of pokemon and every type will be represented.

[arbitrary suggestion]
I know it isn't the only pokemon there with a double type, but I'd vote Croagunk be replaced by a different poison type >>
Weavile is Dark/Ice, but as far as I know it's more widely seen for Dark, and Gible is seen as a Dragon.
[/arbitrary suggestion]

I suppose we'll have the new game up by tomorrow if nobody has any objections...
keep making suggestions though, or vote for which you want.

skorupi as Croaguk's replacement. (I am totally biased on the statement.)

I like the idea for the Shadows of Alamia Starters, as i have no idea what Final Fantasy is. o_o

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I like the idea suggested by King of Lucario, it will be fun to see which type wins!

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
[arbitrary suggestion]
I know it isn't the only pokemon there with a double type, but I'd vote Croagunk be replaced by a different poison type >>
Weavile is Dark/Ice, but as far as I know it's more widely seen for Dark, and Gible is seen as a Dragon.
[/arbitrary suggestion]

If Croagunk needs to be swapped out, so does Shieldon, since he seems more Rock-like than Steel-like, and the Rock side is already taken by Cranidos - Bronzor would have been a better option for a Steel-type starter I think. That said, I think it should be kept as it is - after all, it's H&H for the Pokemon Ranger starters, and if you start changing the Pokemon in the list, it kinda just becomes H&H for a random list of Pokemon, one for each type.

Teapot

Virtual Duck Enthusiast
Staff member
Administrator
Amazing, folks. I wasn't following the whole thing, but it was fun to read back!

Chikorita had some amazing comebacks in this game, and I do wonder where all the extra support for Chikorita was before and how they "magically" appeared at the time of need near the end there. :p

Oh well, guess I am still a little bitter about Mudkip. ::) Great game to all who played!

King of Lucario's idea sounds pretty good, neat to see all the different types represented.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
They didn't magically appear, nor were they recruited. For me, I just decided that I wouldn't post until the very end, when the fun really began. I was always with Chikorita (see the first few pages), and I was very surprised that Chikorita was still alive when I joined back in, seeing that, even in the beginning, a lot of people were trying to kill poor Chiko.

And I vote for KoL's idea. ^^

Ruko

Bearded Trout Warrior
Chikorita had some amazing comebacks in this game, and I do wonder where all the extra support for Chikorita was before and how they "magically" appeared at the time of need near the end there.
just in response to that, I was discussing Chikorita's distress in chat, and everyone who overheard decided to join in :p

it kinda just becomes H&H for a random list of Pokemon, one for each type.
that taken into account, it'll just have the ranger starters in it XD

too lazy to put it up tonight though, and just like this H&H, I'll probably sit the beginning out too
depends on how long it takes for someone to hurt my favorite :p

Status
Not open for further replies.