• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

How Often Do You Change Your Sheets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshimitsu

Former Moderator
DSC00247.jpg

Just changed my bedding now, and it got me wondering:

How often do you guys bother to change your bedding?

Me, I used to only change my bedding rarely, but recently I've made a point of changing it at least once a week. I find that, if my bedding isn't changed regularly, I don't sleep well and I tend to develop spots on my back. If my pillow cases aren't changed at least once a week, I also get really bad spots on my face. Since discovering this, I change my bedding much more often to prevent that.

Also, there's nothing better than getting into a freshly made bed when you've just had a shower. So amazing ♥

So yeah, what about you guys?

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Such a meaningful topic.... :p

Seriously, I change mine every other week in the Winter, in the summer it's once a week. One set of my sheets is more comfy then the other though so it's also a chore to make me change the comfy set xD

Yoshimitsu said:
Also, there's nothing better than getting into a freshly made bed when you've just had a shower. So amazing<3

That is so true.

I'm not sure if I know the answer to this. Probably once every month, maybe two months? I tend to keep my room quite clean, so it's no problem, it rarely ever gets dirty.

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
Dark Soul said:
Probably once every month, maybe two months? I tend to keep my room quite clean, so it's no problem, it rarely ever gets dirty."

Do you even know how much skin your body sheds while you sleep? Not just skin either. Your mattress is heavier than when you first got it for that very reason: it's loaded with dead skin, oils, and other filth. Just letting you know ;-D I suppose if you can't afford to do it that often then there's nothing to be done, but if you can afford to then I definitely say you should. It's healthier for you.

So, for that reason, I do mine once a week. Can't do anything about the mattress but the sheets can and will be washed.

Awesome, now I feel like a gross person.

I don't change my sheets often. 3 months is like my maximum, and 1 month is my minimum. It's always just a huge hassle for me because my bed at home is a day-bed (which means it has a huge frame around it) and at school I just don't feel like washing my sheets when I do laundry. I'll just stew in my own filth :I.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Don't pay attention to Sem. He showers five times a day. |D

And, uh... I don't change my sheets that often. To be honest, I don't change them often at all. Maybe once every few months unless they're visibly dirty.

Don't judge me. :x

Psycho Monkey

Member of the Literary Elite Four
After reading everyone's posts I have determined that I am probably the worst offender on PokeCharms. My sheets only see the washer and dryer once a year :x Mind you that in the winter I sleep in a sleeping bag so my body only touches the sheets 6-7 months out of the year.

Mr.RMA

Magearna before it was cool
Wow...and to think I was bad when it came to this. Usually I change my sheets every other month or so, though sometimes earlier or later depending on their apparent condition. Never really kept very good track to be honest.

Still...once a year? My god, even with the duration of time you're not in your bed that's a bit of a stretch. Though I'm one to talk, considering how my room in its entirety is the equivalent of a post-apocalyptic pigsty. Not a normal one, those are too tidy.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Thanks to this thread I just finished washing and/or changing my bed sheets, pillow cases, and my big puffy blanket.

I hate you, Yoshimitsu. :p

Hmmm, in my house we usually change them once a month, or if they need washing before the month has passed. I don't really care much about that XD

i usually wash my sheets every five weeks. i bought new sheets last year but i don't sleep on top of them. After reading this thread, it's maybe time to buy some new ones.

*cough* Um, well, I should wash them and/or change my sheets every week, but I'm lazy and it takes a while, so it often gets done once a month. Yes, everything in my room is relatively clean and neat except for my bed. I like nests. That's essentially what my bed has turned into--a collection of blankets, pillows, a down comforter, and plushies. :D

Usually about once every two weeks. I suppose I do it because crumbs from cookies tend to congregate on my sheets and it drives me insane. My room's mostly a mess, because I'm incredibly lazy/have better things to do. At the dorm, the situation's about the same, though I only bring my sheets home once every two weeks.

I thought it might be appropriate to say I've changed my sheets 3 weeks after they were last changed. I even hoovered my matress, pillows, duvet and matress topper and turned over my matress :p

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
I have really bad allergies, so we change the sheets every 2 weeks, and the pillowcases every week. We also wash the blankets and duvets every couple of months. If I had a "normal" bed, I'd need to do them more often, but I have a latex bed which dust mites can't live in.

Now, how often do you wash the plushies that share your bed? ;)

I don't change my bed sheets nearly as much as I should lol. Right now I only have one set of sheets so I have to wash them out to change them. Like El, I love getting into a bed with fresh sheets though--I find it helps me sleep better. If I were on point, I would change my bed sheets once a month.

To answer Bara's question...never xD My one pillow person has never seen the washing machine. What? Don't look at me like that!

Status
Not open for further replies.