• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

"I have the feeling you know that sounded seriously wrong. In that case, Layla, I'm sorry to say that Riley has been taking some Pi-ka-chus," Zack said, turning to his old friend. Torch even let out a snort of laughter. Then Zack snickered at the insult that followed.
"Right, right... See the one thing different between me and you, I learn from my mistakes. I'm not about to start throwing around insults to eventually run away like an angry bitch. You however, oh I'm sure you'd still try and tackle a guy twice your size only to be injected with yet another parasite which will most likely break down your insides and make you go mad again. Buuuut anywho, glad you both are acting as normal. I actually ran into Drew and Nion earlier, so I guess everyone is officially here," Zack said, letting out a sigh of refreshment.

Drew was about to say something else before the ground shaked. This was way more violent then the one prior. He looked outwards towards the city on the island and saw buildings moving uncontrollably. " We need to get off of the ground." Drew said.

Nion was about to say something to Drew before the island began to shake uncontrollably, Nion took Drews advice about getting off land. Nion took one of his pokeballs off his belt realeasing his wailord in the water. "Everyone get on!"Nion said running up to wailord jumping on it's back.

Tes grinned wildly. "No need! Melotic!" She called out tossing a dive ball that expanded into the seprent pokemon. Tes lept forward onto its back on the pokemons dive. "Get to the sea my compatriots."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai hops on melotic and then throws a ball into the air releasing Aerodactyl.

"Aerodactyl go pick up anybody that's nearby and help as many as you can."

Aerodactyl sees Zack and lands on the ground and awaits him to get on his back

Last edited:
Nion saw Melotic and returned wailord landing on Melotic. Nion had to say he was impressed of how quick of an action Tes had made, Nion then realized something... This was shaping up to be even worst s than the Kanto league tournament was.

Tes watched as the earth shaking caused the water to repel. Tsunami. Acting quick, Tes detached the Mystic Water around her neck and replaced it onto Melotic. "All roads end here. Hold on!" Melotic started to absorb the water in the waves by creating a whirlpool, diving in and out of the water. It then held in the center, Tes being soaked by the water. "Always fun, right?"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai is soaked as well.

".........hehehehehehehe you're an interesting one tes and it's a good thing that you had that necklace otherwise we be drowning.

Nion got soaked as well. "Hey that's one way to survive a earthquake and a tsunami!"Nion said before laughing hysterically. Nion was laughing so hard he fell off Melotic and into the water. Nion had grabbed back onto Melotic. "Well really thank you for saving us Tes we'd be dead if it weren't for you."Nion said in a serious tone. "Ok but really we need to start realizing what where going to do."Nion said pulling a berry out of his backpack throwing it for to Melotic to eat.

It took Riley a few seconds to understand Zack's comeback. When he finally understood, he started to chuckle. "That's the cringiest comeback I've heard in awhile. I'm literally trying to keep myself from laughing at how bad that was. Some five year old with half a brain could come up with that!" Riley exclaimed, proud of himself for getting into Zack's head, again. "Pi-ka-chus?! Seriously?! You've got to have something better than that." Riley said as he started to laugh again. He took a quick glance over to Layla see her reaction, but it didn't look like she approved of his behavior. Once he stopped laughing, Riley looked back at Zack, feeling a little guilty now. After he listened to Zack's statement, Riley understood he might've gone too far. "Okay, I'm sorry for that. I got a little carried away there." Riley apologized. "And it's good to see you too." He told Zack, hoping that would end the problem.

Layla tilted her head at Zack's comeback. She wasn't going to admit it, but she didn't understand it. She nodded in fake understanding and forced a smile, feeling a little embarrassed that she didn't get it. She failed to stifle a giggle when Zack mentioned the injection fiasco. She stayed quiet for the rest of their exchange and was surprised to see Riley look a little regretful. More so that he even apologized. She smiled slightly and was happy to see they have both gained some control over themselves. "I'm glad that's over with. Not surprised everyone else is here, seems like everyone is aiming to hit them all" Just as she finished her sentence she felt the ground shake again and it was even worse than the last time. She fell to the ground and quickly sent out her Skarmory in a panic, which promptly grabbed her shoulders and flew a few feet in to the air. She looked around at the shaking island and saw a huge whirlpool of water, which seemed to be dying down. She had a growing suspicion that this was not a natural occurrence. She looked down at the two and finally noticed the aerodactyl that appeared next to them. "It's hard to tell from up here, is the ground still shaking?"

Drew jumped onto Clay as he watched the buildings start to crumble. He cursed a little bit before grabbing his phone. " Hey it's me." He said. " I need you to come to Peterson island in Hoenn." He said.

Chloe ran threw the city trying her best to stay on her feet as buildings started to implode and the ground break.

Daniel tried to get people to a safe area.

Zack stared at Riley cross armed as he childishly insulted his insult. He was really starting to wonder if he'd grow out of trying to get in arguments for no reason. Though, Zack was happy he'd apologized.
"No big deal, just a friendly agruem-," Zack began to say before the earth trembled yet again. So much this time that the pavement below him and Riley began cracking and shifting beneath them. Suddenly a piece of earth shot up from the ground sending Zack into the air. Out of quick thought, he threw out Torch. As he almost hit the ground his friendly neighborhood dragon scooped him up and took to the skies. Zack looked down at the chaos that was going on below them. He noticed a lot of civilians and trainers running around in a panic, trying to stay alive and away from the erupting floor.
"Come one Torch! We aren't going to just let them suffer like that!," Zack said to his pokemon. They bolted down to ground level and snatched up as many people as they could, getting them near the beach or out of the plaza. When he got most of them he met back with Layla.
"It's seriously getting worse... Like really bad. I'm going to go find Drew, I guarantee he has somewhat of an idea of what's going on. He always does with these sorts of things. See you later!" Zack said, as him and his dragon drilled through the wind of the sky, heading to the beach. He was pretty sure at least, he'd seen drew while dropping off civilians. Luckily his guess was good, as he found him on the beach on top of his pokemon. He quickly landed on the beach and ran over.
"Do you have any idea what's going on? This entire island in going to be under the sea if we don't do something about it, and well, I figured you probably knew something about this whole dilemma?" Zack asked.

Things happened so fast that Riley didn't get a chance to correctly react to the situation. Once the ground started to violently shake, Riley did his best to keep his balance. While he was doing this, Riley noticed that Skarmory and Torch had taken their trainers airborne. 'Damn it! Why didn't I think of that?' Riley thought to himself as he started to reach for his Pokébelt. It seemed like when Riley grabbed the pokeball he wanted, it triggered something because the ground beneath him started to fall apart. This caused him to stumble and lose his balance. Even worse, he dropped the pokeball. 'Fuck!' Riley mentally cursed as he scrambled forward to try and grab the pokeball. Unfortunately, the ball continued to roll downwards into the ground that was starting to cave in.

However, Riley wasn't going to leave his Pokemon behind. He took a deep breath as he looked around him. He watched as a buildings collapsed due to the violent shaking of the ground. There was only a small opening for Riley and he had to take it. As soon as the ground stopped shaking, Riley slid downwards to the pokeball as first as he could. Luckily, the ball hadn't gone too far down and Riley was able to get the pokeball. "Thank Arceus." Riley said to himself as he looked at the pokeball in his hands. Then the ground started to shake again, but this one was even worse. It felt as if he was being pulled deeper into the ground every second. What he hadn't noticed was that the hotel was also about to fall on top of him. "Well fuck me." Riley said when he looked up. Riley braced himself as the ground completely caved in and the hotel collapsed above him.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Aerodactyl was soaring into the sky realizing that Zack did not need his help, but sees Riley about to be toppled by a collapsing building, and so Aerodactyl used steel wing to destroy the rubble that was about to hit Riley and so clearing a path for him.

"........so tes where are we going since the island was destroyed, so wasn't the tournament held there."

Tes thought for a moment. "No idea. But Melotic can't travel long distances with you as a load, and you guys couldn't handle her speed." Tes tossed out another dive ball that erupted into a Lapras. "Some of you can ride on her if you don't want to try danger firsthand."

Layla watched as Zack flew off with a bit of panic in her eyes. This was a pretty catastrophic earthquake, there would certainly be casualties. She looked back down at the erupting earth to see Riley scrambling for a pokeball. "What are you doing!? Get off the ground!" She doubted he was able to hear her over the earthquake. The hotel emitted a terrible sound and Layla looked over just in time to see it start to crumble and shift toward them. She could easily have Skarmory get out of the way but for the first time it looked like the champion was actually out of options. "Sydney, dive!" They dove downward putting themselves in the path of the rubble. As they dove they saw the Aerodactyl assist by destroying some rubble. They flew by Riley as quick as possible and Layla desperately grabbed Riley and held on for dear life as Skarmory barely escaped the collapsing rubble but they would still get hit from the shockwave of the collapse and it would be a very rough landing.

Nion looked at Rai although his head had been cut off. "Did you really just ask if the tournament was held here, like you were participating in it but yeah the tournament was held here..."Nion said awkwardly. Nion sent out a pokeball releasing Charon his Lapras. "Well the closest not man made island is Hoenn so maybe we should go there and find a hotel to stay at for the night and come back tom-" Nion was about to finish his sentence just as 4 skyscrapers colasped to the ground. "Fast!" Nion screamed.

Within seconds the earthquake ceased. Drew looked at Zack. " I'll explain everything in a little bit." Drew said as he got out of the water. " Try and find everyone who might be able to help and meet me here on the beach." He said as he sat down and thought things over.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai jumps at Lapra

"......whoever did this is going to pay, they cause so much destruction and despair it's Unforgettable, and tes I'm always up for danger that I'm always towards it hehehehe."

"so nion where do you think they're going to hold the tournament this time since the island was destroyed."

Last edited by a moderator:
Nion looked at Rai. "Well from the looks of it, the stadium may survive but I don't know all I know is that we should stick with the plan of going to Hoenn and spending the night at a hotel before we regret it." Nion said looking at Rai waiting for everyone to ok the plan so they can get going.

"Ok, I'll go find Riley and Layla, I'll be right back!" Zack said, quickly hopping back on Torch and taking to the skies. He flew over to the plaza, where he got a clear view of the destruction that the earthquake had caused. My god... He thought, imagining all the people who had been in the buildings when they collapsed. He shook it off and searched for his friends. Torch dove and spun around rubble looking everywhere, high and low, until he saw Layla's skarmory passenging the two. Unfortunately however, the impact of a building that had just fallen caused them to crash to the ground.
"Dammit!" Zack exclaimed, flying over to his friends that laid on the ground with an injured skarmory. He jumped off his charizard before it managed to touch down, and took the rough landing. He scrambled to his feet, pushing through dust from the impact and found them.
"Are you guys ok? Alive? Breathing? Kissing?" Zack asked, coughing from the dust particles.

Jaiden was flying across the sky with his Charizard hopping to enter the Tournament when he saw a Completely destroyed island."Is that it? No it cant be, right?" He questioned.He landed on a rock trying to figure out what happened.He searched for someone to explain to him. Noone appeared.

Drew walked towards the former city. He stopped as he saw the carnage. Tess squeezed around his neck as he proceded to move foreword. " I know." Drew said as if answering an unspoken question. " This is all my fault." He said as he slumped down to the ground. " if I didn't go after them they wouldn't have destroyed this island. All the lives are on me." He said and he started to cry.

Daniel got everyone to the stadium which was still standing. " What is this made out of." He thought. " Okay people everyone just calm down. We may not know what is happening but we can survive this." He said.

Heart read the estimated casualty report. " Good." He thought. " That boy... won't be able... To say anything." Heart said.
"Sir." an officer said. " He is calling."
" On... screen." Heart said.
A man in a black cloak who's face wasn't shown threw the shadow of the cloak appeared on a screen. " Cortez." Heart said as he leaned looked at the man. " Did you see the current...."

" Silence." Cortez said. " Rustboro was an experiment but you specifically targeted the island why?" He asked.
" A boy found out about the base and was probably going to tell people." Heart said somewhat relived he was able to say a complete sentence.
" So it was your negligence that allowed him to enter." Cortez said before shaking his head. " Thank you for your help with bringing in the new order Teams Nebula, Knight, Fashion, and Jokers will be grateful." He said. "Unfortanently your time with us is over." He said.

" Wait.... What do you... I was" Before he could finish his sentence one of his officers stood up and fired two shots into Heart's chest making him fall down."
" Gram Imblis correct?" Cortez asked the killer.
" Correct sir." He said.
" Your the new leader of team Gaia." Cortez said before vanishing.

Above Petersburg Island twenty helicopters Flew. There were three specific logos on them. One being the Hoenn relief organization, The other being the International Police force and the final one the smallest of the helicopters being labeled International Defense Force.

Once they crash landed, Riley's first instinct was to make sure Layla was alright. He would hate himself if Layla got hurt because she tried to save him. "You alright?" Riley asked Layla as he turned to check on her. She seemed alright to him other than a few scratches. What did hurt more that a few scratches was Riley's pride. "Once again you've saved me. Thank you." Riley said as he looked away. It pained Riley to thank Layla mainly because he always hated to recieve help and Layla had already helped him once before. "The two-time champion saved once again..." Riley said to himself, believing that he could've gotten himself out. However, he didn't get to finish his train of thought as he heard Zack nearby. "I don't know Zack. I think I'm dead." Riley responded sarcastically.

Drew quickly wiped his eyes before standing up and looking at the new person. " Yeah the tournament was expose to be held here but I don't know now because of this freak earthquake." He said as he looked at the man.

"So there was an Earthquake and the Tournament was exposed?" Jaiden asked. "Oh well i'll have a look around the island" He said as he rode on his Charizard."See ya!". Jaiden flew above the island admiring the destruction.Charizard started slowing down "What happened?" he asked,Then he saw that Charizard's leg had a deep scratch."I got to take you to a Pokemon Center!".He put charizard on his pokeball, he rode Salamance and started searching for a Pokemon Center. He finally found one in an Island about 50 Kilometers away."Nurse Joy,Quick Charizard is hurt!" Nurse joy took Charizard and healed him. "Thank you a lot Nurse Joy" he said as he left the Pokemon center.

Nion looked at the destruction of the island. "Guys I have no idea if the stadium is still up but what I do know is we're not going to be able to stay here, so are we gonna get going with my plan and go to hoenn and find a hotel?"Nion said looking st Rai and Tes.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai looked at Nion

"Yeah let's just do that until we have the word that the tournament is still being held." rai said as he look back and hopes that Aerodactyl is okay.

Aerodactyl waiting for them to ride on him so he approachs towards the two Riley and Layla.

Layla's rescue mission wasn't very graceful. Their landing even less so. The collapse of the hotel created a shock wave that practically threw them across the ground. Her ears were ringing and her body felt fatigued from the blast and she had a couple cuts but overall she was alright. She couldn't even muster the strength to turn her head to Riley but she was relieved to hear his voice. She forced out a weak laugh. "I should be asking you that, I'm fine." She finally forced herself into a sitting position, a little surprised he was thanking her. She was even more surprised by how good it made her feel. She glanced his way when he loomed on the point that she saved him again. She wasn't going to make a scene, but it almost felt like he didn't want her to help. That didn't feel as good. She heard Zack looking for them and rolled her eyes at his last comment. She went to her Skarmory who was a little scratched up and returned her with a smile. "We're over here Zack!"

Zack was relieved when he heard both his friends voices through the smoke. He made his way over to the sound of their voices and finally found the two.
"Yeesh... You both need a shower... Or two," Zack commented when he got a look at them for the first time. Finally the dust died down, and everything came into view. Zack looked around him, for the first time really taking in the destruction. He even took off his glasses to get a true glimpse at the chaos. He stood in silence for a moment. My god... So many innocent people. Zack thought to himself. He looked down at his feet where he saw a piece of bloody broken glass. He stared at his reflection, and bad memories began flowing into his mind as the blood and destruction and fire reminded him of his past, causing him to breath faster and heavier.

Drew look up when he heard the sound of helicopters. ' Guess he did get my message.' He thought.

" Everyone." A voice boomed from one of the helicopters it was loud enough that Drew was sure everyone could hear it. " Please report to the stadium."

Harbinger looked out onto the island. "Damn." Harbinger thought. He was the youngest of the twenty man squad which usually made him the kid of the group. The raven haired boy let out a breath as he listened to his commanding officer.

Jaiden after hearing the sound of the helicopters he went to the Stadium to see what was going on.After getting there he saw many people looking scared and waiting for something to happen.Most were Pokemon Trainers , but some werent so they couldn't do anything.Jaiden looked closely "They are all injured" he said.He started talking to the local people about the earthquake but it seemed they didn't know what really happened either.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai hears the announcement.

"I guess that's the word we were waiting for, okay guys let's head towards the Stadium." lao said.

lao rubs Lapras neck while smiling hoping that Lapras likes it.

Nion heard the announcement and saw helicopters. "Guys there going to rescue everyone in those helicopters, and since we were one step ahead of everybody we don't need to go there and should just go with the plan."Nion said before looking at Tes. "So are you ok with the plan?"Nion said smiling. ( @Mr.Glaceon just in case you stopped getting alerts)

Aspen was on the shell of her Lapras, Aras. She was wide-eyed with shock, and didn't respond at all when she heard the announcement. There were people in those buildings, and they were hurt or dead. Aspen blinked and shook her head, a saddened expression on her face. "What even was that...?" she asked no one, then sighed. "Aras, let's get headed to the island. People might need help." They were only a little ways out off of the beach, and when she got there, someone asked her if she had heard the announcement to go to the stadium. Aspen told him that she hadn't, and headed that way. She saw someone with a Kirlia and walked over, unsure of what was going on. "Are you headed towards the stadium too?" she asked him.

Tes shrugged at the plans. "I'm good with those plans. Lapras, follow." Tes placed two fingers and rolled them down Melotic's neck, causing her to leap forward in the direction of the stadium.

Aspen smiled and took it. "My name's Aspen," she said, and then added, "That was weird, wasn't it? It felt kind of like an earthquake, but that wouldn't make sense because of where this place is."