• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

Cade grabbed the pipe and threw it away as he grabbed Nion by the neck and picked him up so that he was standing a couple above the ground. " You know I was only going to kill one to six of your pokemon." He said. " But no you had to be a dumbass and pick a fight with me." He said as his free hand started to press against Nion's chest cavity right above his heart.

Nion was trying his best to breathe but he couldent lay a breathe, in a desperate attempt to escape he began punching the mans body not seeming to do anything. Nion then was trying to say something and was able to. "You are in McNiels group you lier...."Nion said before turning into a lifeless corpse.

"Yes I am." He said. " And you shouldn't have turned on us." He said before ramming his hand threw Nion's chest. He saw two policemen walking towards him. He threw the lifeless corpse at them. " Dispose of the body." He said before grabbing Nion's Phone.

' Sorry guys I was wrong about McNiel. those drugs I was taking back then really did a number on me. I need to leave for right now and try and get my life together. I'll see you all someday.' He texted before sending it to everyone who might've heard Nion's speech.
He whistled as he started to walk back to the stadium.

" Your awake." James said to Drew. Drew looked at the man before a sudden flash covered his eyes and he was somewhere completely different.

"I don't give a shit what you think good is. I can guarantee that it isn't stabbing someone in the gut with a knife! No matter the intention!" Zack said as he grabbed the man by the shirt.
"And this is for Riley!" Zack yelled before tossing the man up into the roof, and back down. At that point, he was so enraged he didn't even care about what he was doing, or the attention he was drawing. Sure, he'd gotten his anger issues in check since the last tournament, but when his friends were hurt, he didn't care.
"Now tell me. What is happening to me. What are you after, and who the hell is your employer?" Zack asked as he picked him up again.

Riley stood there, motionless, unable to breathe. He had just witnessed the murder of one of his close friends. He clenched his fists as he watched the police drag Nion’s body away like it was a worthless piece of trash. Then he felt his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulled it out to see the text Cade had sent on Nion’s phone. That’s when he started to lose it. He glared at the Manager who had a smug look on his face. Riley then felt an ominous presence there with them.

“Why-why did you show me this? Why didn’t you do anything?” Riley asked, his voice shaking. The manager just snickered at Riley’s question. “I think you may know why.” The manager calmly stated. “Th-those officers... were they with McNiel?” Riley did his best to calmly ask. “Yes, of course they were.” The manager said as he slowly started to walk around Riley. “So what will you do now?” The manager asked as if already knowing the answer. “I’m going to stop him... but not before I tell someone I can trust!” Riley shouted as he hurried to the door. However, before he could reach the door, he felt a sharp pain in his head and stopped to grasp his head in pain. “Wh-what is this?!” Riley asked, falling to his knees. The room started to get darker while the pain further increased.

“Let me ask you this? Do you honestly think anyone is going to believe a fraud like you?” The manager asked Riley, looking down at him. “Wh-what ?” Riley asked, not able to fully comprehend what the Manager meant. “Have you forgotten what McNiel did? He ruined you. He threw your career in the trash. Your so-called friends just laugh at you. All of your followers have left you Riley. Do you know what they’re calling you all over social media? Worthless.” The manager’s last statement hit him really hard. “W-worthless?” Riley stuttered as he grasped his head in paid. “Yes, you are worthless Riley. To everyone, you’re just some scum on the street who doesn’t deserve to be where you are. Your mother was murdered and your father... he never cared for you. No one ever cared for you and you know what...” The manager whispered into Riley’s ear. “No one ever will.” Riley clenched his fists as he smacked the ground with whatever strength he had left. “There’s only one thing to do Riley and I think you know what it is.” The manager stated a dark aura start to form around Riley.

The manager grinned as he watched Riley deal with the internal conflict he had with himself. “Your friend, Nion, murdered because he learned the truth about the man you hate. The sad thing is, you could’ve saved him if you took action earlier.” The Manager told Riley. That one really struck Riley. He has wasted his time, sitting and thinking when he could’ve taken action and just maybe, he could’ve saved Nion. It was starting to become clear to Riley what he had to do. “You have nothing to lose now Riley. You have no family. Your friends are either dead or don’t care about you. And worst of all, you’ve basically lost everyone who believed in you. So what are you going to do about it Riley?” The Manager asked as he looked down at the corrupted boy.

The manager looked down at Riley as the dark aura consumed him. Riley then spoke with coldness in his voice. “I’m going to kill him.” Then Riley blacked out.

Two men were walking in a alley way before they came to a door and knocked, from the inside someone opened the door just a bit to peek who it is before they opened the door to reveal s room with a broken couch and a man sitting at a desk going threw some weapons and new contracts relegating to join there new organization. "Glad you guys could make it, after raiding that little base that the masked people or whatever owned at least 500 people wanted to join Team Lazer."The guy at the desk said. "Glad we made the right decision."One of the guys said walking in the room with a beer while the guy who opened the door closed it and locked it as the other guy waited outside. "Were making good money and are weapons arsenal is through the roofs!"The guy at the the desk said leaning back on the chair that fell to the ground breaking it. "Well shit that was a cheap chair that I'm never getting back."The person now on the ground said. Everyone paused as they heard the man still outside scream 'stay back' moments later gunshots were heard and then help them science. Everyone in the room stayed scilent for about 10 seconds until the man from outside was tossed through the door landing on the ground with an axe in his head. Then a 7 foot man walked through where the door use to be, then grabbing the man who kinda operated whoever came in and out of the door way was picked up before the 7 foot man began forcing his thumbs in the mans skull through the eyes . The man screamed while blood gushed out of his eyes before dieing and being thrown at the desk where the other man dodged it. The 7 foot man then took his machete and threw it at the man that was running for the couch before being hit in the back by the machete. The last man remaining got on his knees and began begging for mercy but the 7 foot man wasent taking it and he grabbed the man off the ground throwing him back on the ground on his back before lifting up his foot and smashing the mans head into the floor breaking the skull and forcing blood to gush out. "You don't just raid our base and get away with it scum..."The 7 foot man said in a menacing voice. The man then went a retracted his weapons before heading for the tournament to take out this team that caused all the destruction on the island.

The second time Drew woke up he was in a tank of green water. He tried to scream as he tried to move.
" Stay Calm." James's voice said. Dre squinted as he saw Tess, James, and a man around his age with short blonde hair all looking at him. " Your with allies." He said.
Drew stopped fighting as he looked at them.
" The green liquid is able to heal wounds twice as fast as they would be able to otherwise." James said. " Well as long as it isn't bone related, or replacing a part of the body." He said. " Anyways." James said as he got back on topic. " You were attacked do you know you did it?" He asked.

Drew just looked at them. " You can breath in it." James said.
" No I don't know who he was. He had to be a few years older than me." He said.
James nodded he then looked at the other man who decided to step forward. Drew looked at the man. " Have we met before?" He asked.
"Yes." the blonde haired man said. " We battle against each other in the Kanto league top 16." He said. "Anyways do you know anything about the masks." He said as he showed a black and white picture of the masqueraders.
"Yes." Drew said. " I read a journal of a person that I knew and he talked about the masks, and how they ruined his life." Drew looked at the blonde haired man. " Who are they?"
" They're the ones responsible for events that have happened over the last fifty years probably longer." James said. " We belive they are planning something big and we have to stop them." He said.
Drew looked at them. " They already did something big they destroyed Peterson island and probably a decent amount of hoenn." He said. " And I'm responsible for it." He said.
" Then suck it up and make it right for the people who died." James said. " I've seen your battles and how you are outside of tournaments. I belive you can be a good asset to the team." James said with a smile on his face. "What do you say?" He asked. " Will you join the International Defense Force." James asked.

Drew nodded Tess smiled at that.
" Good." James said. " We'll send you back as soon as your wounds fully heal." he said and Drew nodded. " Same here will be your partner and commanding officer. What he says is law."
Drew nodded
Sam smiled a little bit as he turned and walked away.

"Can I recruite someone." Drew said. " That aquantence that left suddenly. Riley." He said as he looked at James. " I belive we can trust him. He might have an ego as big as Kanto, But I know when push comes to shove he will always make the right choice." He said.

" I'll think about it." James said as he started to walk away.

Calvin rubbed his head. " I thought we were outside where did that ceiling come from' He thought. He looked at Zack. " I did not thrust a blade into Drew you steroid using boy." He said.
" He didn't." A voice from behind Zack said. " Before you decided to go on a rampage Zackary me and Calvin where investigating the area." Cortez stepped out of the shadows. " We belive this was the work of the Red Scarves." He said as he looked at the boy.

Last edited:
Zack spun around when he heard the devilish voice of one of his most hated foes. He stood there, unable to do anything as he remembered everything about the man. He gritted his teeth, unable to believe he was seeing who he thought he was.
"Don't. Call. Me. Zackary. And why should I trust either of you? Who are the red scarves?" Zack demanded. As much as he wanted to sent the spawn of Satan into the floor, he knew he shouldn't. He wanted answers, not another fight with a parade of costumed freaks again. As he calmed down, his unusual orange aura faded away, and he slowly gripped a pokeball from his belt in case things went south. Why the hell are these two even here? Why am I letting them talk to me? This better be worth my time. Zack thought to himself as he locked eyes with Cortez and gave him a stone cold stare.

" The Red Scarves are lead by... A bastard named." He tried to say the name but couldn't bring himself to. " And Belive me." He said as he lifted his shirt and revealed a scar over his heart. " Being stabbed really gives you a new look on life." He said. "Anyways they are planning on taking over the world by force. They're the ones responsible for Petersburg." He threw a piece of paper at Zack. " They're using a device called the equalizer. I tried telling Drew about this but you can see the outcome of that. Guess he was a little too head strong." He took a step closer to the steroid boy. He moved his left hand over one of his pokeballs just incase something happened. "We aren't the bad guys anymore. We want a true peace and that can't exist with the Red Scarves and the masked freaks running around."

Zack couldn't believe he'd even taken time to listen to the freak. But was glad he did in the end. Zack questioned why or how he even knew anything about these supposed "Red Scarves", but decided to go along to avoid conflict. He listened as Cortez explained what they planned on using.
"Huh, but the problem is, you'll do anything to get things how you want it. You don't care about anything but yourself and what you want. Even if your intentions are good, it doesn't excuse how much pain and destruction you'll bring to people to get your way. So even though I agree these people are worse than you as of now, I'm still not with you," Zack said as he unfolded the paper revealing plans on the "Equalizer".
"First off, what the hell is this, and secondly, why should I believe a word your saying?" Zack asked as he glared at the man. It pained him knowing he couldn't touch the guy, or everything he wanted to know would be gone.

" I'm selfish." He said as he looked at Zack. " I don't care about anything." He looked at Zack his eyes were red with hatred. " You want to know something about me." He said. " the Masqeraders they killed everyone I cared about. My employees, my friends. My wife." He said as he took a step foreword. " From what I could tell they killed her with a freakin marrowak. Beat her down like some animal. My only legitimate son hates me even though he doesn't know who I am. And that bastard I talked about. He's also my son." He let out a breath. " How I know about the red scarves, Because the lower version of the Red Scarf Foundation. A legitament organization I created over twenty years ago to help protect those who couldn't protect themselves. to create ways of ending proverty and starvation. And you know what they were slaughtered " He said. "So why don't you get off your high rapidash and do something productive." He said.

McNeil looked at his grandsons dead body. He held back his tears as he walked out."it wasn't expose to be like this." He thought.

David Price walked into the Peter's stadium. He leaned against the wall as he waited for his orders.

"I know what it's like to lose someone. To lose, everything, you care about. Feel, broken. But, you can't fix yourself by breaking someone else. Which is why I'm not helping you. I'll gladly try and stop these, 'masqueraders'. But not on your terms. We are done here," Zack said backing away from the man. He knew he'd gotten all the information he could have out of him, and this was a good time to leave. He looked over at Calvin, and gave him the bird before throwing out Cliffhanger. He jumped on, and looked down on Cortez one more time.
"Look dude, there are causes worth dying for, but none worth killing for," He said before bursting into the sky leaving a gust of wind. He flew back to the medical tents to see how Drew was, if Torch had gotten there in time. Zack touched down and quickly rushed to the tent, returning the dragon to it's capsule as he did.
"Drew...? Is a Drew in here? Anyone?" Zack asked as people rushed by ignoring him. "Hello!?" He yelled once more, finally getting a doctors attention.
"Pipe down ya brat! Drew was taken out of here a while ago! Now scram!" The man said, irritated. God Dammit! Zack thought running out of the tent. Where the hell was he taken?! Zack panicked.

Cortez simply shook his head. " Naïve child." He said as he started to walk. He looked on his phone and frowned. Galen hadn't reported in yet. " I need information on this." He said and since his inside man seemed to be silent.

David price walked threw the stadium seeing the terrified look on people's faces. He saw Zack and walked towards him. " Hi good sir how are you today?" he said as he gently smiled at the man.

The mysterious man pushed his way through he huge crowd occasionally people gave him looks. But when he arrived near the tents he looked around and saw the normal mask leader before walking up to him. "Number 110 reporting for duty."The man said in a very dark voice.

Zack spun around as someone approached him.
"Uh... Confused, to say the least. Hey, have you seen a blonde haired kid, little older than me, badly injured anywhere near here...?" Zack asked the new face. He didn't expect much of an answer but asking wouldn't hurt.

David looked at Zack a small bit of sarrow showed on his face. "I'm sorry but the blonde haired guy was unable to recover from his wounds. He said with a somewhat British accent before moving closer to him. "Meet me at the peir Zack." He said sounding like Drew as he whispered into Zack's ear. "Find Layla, Riley, Nion and anyone else you think you can trust." He said before moving away.

Zack was stunned by the fact Drew hadn't survived. But was brought back into reality when he heard his voice.
"W-Wait what..?" Zack asked to the man, before realizing he was gone. Dammit. What the hell now? Zack wondered as he started his search for his friends.
He met up with Torch back at the medical tent and began lookout for anyone they knew. He couldn't find anyone... Riley he knew wasn't anywhere to be seen, but Layla (*cough cough* @skycaptain *cough cough*) and Nion might have still been with McNeil. Hoping for the best he returned to where he'd last seen them. What he found was a bunch of destruction... Like a fight had just occurred. He looked around the area, finding a lot of spilt blood and rubble. What the hell happened here? Zack wondered shakily, worried. He dug through a bit of wreckage and found a rectangular piece of plastic.
Zack flipped it around, and whipped the dirt from it.
He began breathing heavily and his eyes widened.
It was Nion's trainer card, covered in blood.

David let out a breath as he sat down on the pier. He hated the fact that he had to lie about what happened to him. Hopefully he could recruit his friends so they could try and stop the Masqueraders. Sam sat near him. " Are you sure you can trust these guys?" Sam asked.
"yeah." David said. " They might all have their flaws but I know they are great people who I can trust." He said. He looked outwards on the water and saw something strange. He took out a binoculars and was stunned by what he saw. It was a dead body floating on the water he noticed. He looked at the clothes as he dropped his binoculars. " Nion." He whispered his hand went over his mouth as he fell to the ground. " No." He thought.

Zack stood in a trance. Another friend? Just, dead? Killed off my those horrible people? They’d pay. They’d pay dearly.
“They’re gonna wish they didn’t mess with my friends...” Zack muttered, gritting his teeth in pure unadulterated rage. His strange glow returned, and Zack full-force slammed his fist into the hard concrete, sending a shockwave of cement to ripple around him.
“Drew first, now Nion... I REFUSE, to let anyone else die if I can stop it!” Zack shouted, and then returned to his also not-so-happy dragon. The two then rocketed into the sky, heading down to the pier. He touched down, and stomped down to the man he’d met earlier, who was sitting with someone else. Zack grabbed him by the collar and lifted him up into the air.
“DID YOU KNOW!?” Zack asked, presuming the man knew what he was talking about.

David looked at Zack wondering how the hell he became so powerful. " I'll explain everything but first Sam." He said turning his head to his partner. " How well can that green stuff heal a person." He said.

Sam took out a black and green pokeball and threw out an Abra. " If he's alive we can heal him." Sam said as the abra flew into the water and teleported Nion's body away. David pushed Zack away. " I was lying about Drew." He said as he rubbed his brown hair reveling blonde underneath. " I had to make sure no one unwanted person heard us. How else do you think I knew about Riley, Layla, and Nion" He said speaking as Drew. " Right now." He said as an Abra grabbed both of them. " It's time to talk." He said as the Abra teleported them away to a white lab. Nion's body fell into the green liquid as it was starting to slowly heal his wounds.

Zack's mind shut down as the mysterious boy revealed himself to be Drew. He let his thoughts calm down, starting to process what he'd witnessed. He then focused on the matter at hand.
"O-Ok. I couldn't find Layla anywhere, and Riley was last seen pissed off flying to who knows where. And... I see you've found Nion. So right now I guess it's just you and me. Wow..." Zack admitted, just now realizing how few friends he had left. This whole tournament has gone to hell. This is not what I thought was going to happen on the first day. Zack thought to himself as he sat down, and his aura faded once more.

Drew leaned against the wall as he looked at Zack and the very injured Nion. " First thing's first I was responsible for the earthquake that strucked Peter's island." He said as he looked at the man. " I received and email from a E.O.C telling me that some device called the equalizer was being used by some group. I explored and realized that it was in the water. When I got close to their base I was attacked by sharpedos. I escaped only for them to activate the device and tear apart the island." He said.

Riley woke up in some dark destroyed alleyway. From what he could tell time wise, it was night. “What the hell am I doing here?” Riley asked himself as he slowly got up, ruffling his hair. His memory was a bit fuzzy and the last thing he clearly remembered was Zack and him escaping the underwater base. Riley managed to stumble his way out of the alleyway into the one of the last populated areas of the island. This part of the city was still flooded with the remaining tourists who hadn’t yet evacuated the island. There were also a few places still opened. Still trying to piece things back together, Riley headed into a bar. As soon as he walked in, he suddenly felt as if he wasn’t welcomed. He could feel the glares of some of the customers in the bar. Then he looked up at one of the TVs showing the latest news on the tournament.

‘Earlier today, after the horrible earthquakes that had occurred, tournament competitor Riley, winner of the Kanto and Johto League Tournaments was exposed by Chief McNiel, who was placed in charge of the ongoing investigation of what happened today. According to recent reports, Riley has lost a major part of his following and is now being placed under investigation by...’

“How could I forget?” Riley asked himself as he walked up to the bartender and took a seat on one of the stools. All his fame was gone and everyone else with it. He had never drunk alcohol before but there had never been anything stopping him from drinking. Besides, it felt like the perfect time for him to try it, to drink his sorrows away. The rule was if you were able to capture Pokémon at the age of ten, then you were considered an adult. Even so, Riley didn’t care anymore since he had nothing to lose now. “I’ll take a shot of whiskey.” Riley told the bartender. Riley just watched silently as the bartender poured the whiskey into the glass with ice already in it. It felt as if he was forgetting something. He hadn’t yet remembered what had happened to Drew and Nion. But still, nothing mattered to him anymore. As far as he was concerned, he had nothing. Riley just continued to stare at the glass of whiskey, deep in thought.

This just in. Semi finalist and runner up Drew Leuric has Sercombe to his fatal wounds. His time of death was 5:32 p.m. The grandson of the International Police Chief will be missed. The police are currently trying to find his murderer.

Chloe walked into the bar and sat near Riley. She ordered a martini as she looked at the screen trying to hide her pain. She took a sip of her drink as she looked over at the other young person. " He went a little too far." She said. " You were burned yes but it was your attitude afterwards that is making people distrust you." She said. She tried to cheer him up to get rid of the grief she was feeling.

After finishing his second shot of whiskey, Riley must’ve started to become drunk already because his first thought was, ‘Why is this hot girl in a bar like this?’ After listening to what the reporter said, that’s when Riley came to his senses. “Oh shit, it’s you Chloe!” Riley exclaimed, recognizing the girl. That’s also when he realized why she was in the bar. He looked at his empty glass when Chloe tried to cheer him up. “You have a point. I-I didn’t have to act the way I did. I was wrong.” Riley paused for a moment. Did he just say he was wrong? He figured that the alcohol must be having some type of effect on him. Riley rested a hand on the counter as he turned to face Chloe. “I understand how you’re feeling right now. I-I also lost someone very close to me very long ago. It hurt a lot. I was lost for a while and had no one until I met Scizor.” Riley didn’t know why he was telling Chloe this. It must’ve been the alcohol talking. “Anyways, what I’m trying to say is that don’t take this all on by yourself. Besides, you’re Drew’s sister. He will always be with you.” Riley said as he looked closely at her and grinned a bit when he saw it. “Yeah, I can see the resemblance. You two are more alike than I realized.” Riley told her, studying her looks.

" You might be right about that." She said as she smiled at the boy. She placed some money on the table and pointed towards Riley. The bartender nodded as he poured Riley another shot. "He always tried to impress our mother." She said. She smiled a little bit. " I think he always felt like mom cared more about me than him." She then turned her chair and looked at Riley she smiled at him. " So Mr league champion." She said with a bit a flair as if to spark his ego. " What have you been up to." She said.

Riley silently thanked Chloe for paying for another shot. He had to admit that whiskey wasn’t as bad as others said it too be. Riley flashed a quick grin when Chloe called him ‘Mr. Champion’. It felt good to hear someone call him that, especially after everything that had happened to him. “Well, things were going pretty smoothly before that incident happened.” Riley responded before asking something that had caught his interest. “So, about your mother, if you don’t mind me asking, what was their relationship like? Drew never really mentioned anything about his mother to me.” Riley asked, trying to understand Drew a little bit more. Riley didn’t really have a mother figure in his life so he wondered why Drew felt the way he did about his mother. “Does she know already?” Riley also asked Chloe.

" They didn't have that good of a relationship." She said as she finished her drink. " I think Drew thought she cared more about me and Steven then she ever did about him. Which couldn't have been further from the truth." She said as she frowned. She shook her head. " Gramps probably already told her about it." She said with a sorrowful smile as she looked at him. " Any way Mr. Champion according to my gramps those bastards have an underwater base. If you want to spite him then we both should defeat this team Gia. what do you say?" She said.

“Wow, Drew probably died believing his mother didn’t care for him. That’s horrible.” Riley said, feeling really bad for Drew. He didn’t have anything to say when Chloe said McNiel probably told Drew’s mother. However, he was interested when Chloe mentioned her idea. “Yeah, let’s do it.” Riley told Chloe with confidence. It was probably since the alcohol was fueling him, Riley couldn’t see why it might be a bad idea. Besides, it would be the perfect way to show McNiel that he could handle the major threats. “So, you said it’s underwater. Is it just simple diving to reach it?” Riley asked, unsure of how deep or secured the base was.

Riley was a bit concerned about the fact that Chloe did not know and he wondered if she was also a little bit drunk or just . He also wondered why she was being so kind to him even after McNiel exposed him. However, he was a bit drunk himself which caused him to push those thoughts aside and just go with it. “Okay, whatever, let’s just go.” Riley said, taking Chloe’s hand as he stood up.