• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

For ooc and character bios https://pokecharms.com/threads/hoenn-league-tournament-discussion.18356/#post-553188
Drew watched as the man made island of Peterson came into view. From what he read the Hoenn tournament was going to be held there. He smiled as he thought about everything he learned in Hoenn then frowned about everything that left. ' We will win this Poli.' he thought remembering his friend that decided to leave him early in their Hoenn Journey.

As the island continued to move towards him he felt a small tug on his pants. He looked down and saw Tess the mischievous Kirllia looking up at him. Her blue hair almost shining do to the sun light. He smiled before picking her up as the boat docked. " You ready?" He asked. The Kirllia nodded as she leaned against Drew. He smiled before heading out and wondering what new things might happen here.

A boy with orange hair closed in on Peterson Island, zooming in at shocking speeds. He soon lands and returned the Charizard he was riding on. He looked around the island, getting a bearing of his surroundings as sunlight beamed off his sunglasses.
"Well, here we are. Round 3," the boy said, walking up the beach and onto the sidewalk, heading straight for the closest Pokemon center. After a little bit of walking, he enters the building, and approaches the front desk. The nurse joy waves as a greeting and walks over.
"Hello! How can I be of help today?" She asked with a smile on her face.
"I'd like to sign up for the League please. Here are my badges," the seventeen year old informed her, showing the inside of his jacket, which displayed all eight badges.
"Oh, very well. In that case, please take this form and fill it out. When you're finished hand it back to me and you'll be all set," the nurse explained, handing over a clipboard with the sheet equipped to it. The boy also hands over his pokemon, so they can heal while he answers the questions.
"Oh! I almost forgot, I need your name please," the nurse said, stopping the boy from going to sit down.
"Zack. Zack Hunter," he said. Then he took a seat on a couch, and began filling out the document.

As soon as Drew stepped onto the man made island a small vibration rippled threw the place. ' What the hell.' He thought as he continued to walk towards the poke center. Tess wrapped her arms around Drew's neck as they walked. Drew let out a breath as he entered the center within a few minutes he finished his paper work he turned around to leave only to see a familiar face filling out the registration paper. " Zack." He said as he took a step forward.

Zack looked up after hearing his name. He scanned the room, and instantly recognized an old friend.
"Drew!" Zack exclaimed, getting up to greet him.
"I'm glad I'm not the only one that could make it here. So how's it been?" Zack asked, a tad bit hyper. Though he had good reason too, he hadn't seen any of his old friends and quite sometime. Seeing Drew gave him hope that he might see some other familiar faces as well.

In the distance a 17 year old boy who had been sweating so much by walking he'd look like he'd pass out any second. "Why in the fuck... did I trade my charizard for a damb whale."The boy said catching his breathe when he arrived at his destination. The boy walked inside and went to the counter. "I was wanting to sign up into the league please!"The boy said with glee. "I need to see your badges."The person behind the counter said. Nion took out all his badges showing her. "Name please" The person behind the counter said. "It would be Nion" Nion had said. "Do you have a last name?" The person behind the counter said. "Well I'm bassically an orphan who's been living on his own..."Nion said with a tone voice. That's when the person gave him the sign up sheet. Nion filled it out in blur and gave it to the person at the front counter. Nion then noticed two recognizable faces. Nion walked over to Sack and Drew. "Hello old friends how's it been?"Nion said coming out of the blue being ready for all the insults of being unpredictable and retarded.

"oh hey Nion it's been awhile." Drew said. "It's good to see you both." Let's get something to eat when you both finish registering" He said.
"Kirlia" Tess said in agreence. He felt a small rumble under his feet "again?" He thought

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Now flying toward peterson island on his Aerodactyl and while flying he smiles at Aerodactyl."thank you, you did a wonderful job." Not shortly after they land and then returns Aerodactyl in his pokeball. Rai now continue to look for the pokemon center and not shortly after he arrives.
Now he approached the counter. " I would like to join the tournament please, here is my name and number of badges I've earned" rai said, Nurse Joy looked at the badges and see that everything was in order, " alright do this form and hand over your Pokemon so I can heal them." nurse joy said, rai hands over his Pokemon and fills out the form and once done he gives the form back to nurse joy. Rai now waits on a couch for his Pokemon to be fully healed and ready to fight.

"Holy crap, Nion too!" Zack said, happy to see another one of his old friends as well. The thought of food immediately peeked his interest, so he quickly finished his sheet and turned it into the nurse.
"Hell yea, I could definitely use something to eat," Zack agreed. He waved to the Kirlia who he assumed was Drew's, before the floor shook a little. Seeing as this was a man made island, Zack figured it was something going on below, so simply ignored it.
"Well if everyone's ready, does either of you know an actual restaurant of sorts nearby?" He asked, not knowing anything about the island.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Rai your pokemon are fully heal now you may now get them." nurse joy said, rai gets up and gets his pokemon back from nurse joy. "Thank you nurse joy." nurse joy nodded and waved goodbye as i walked out the door and as rai walk, he release his espeon and walks with her out the door.

"No." Drew said as he looked at Zack. " Can't say that I do." He said as he looked around. " Luckily the tournament starts tomorrow so we have time to look around." He said as he put his hands on his two friends. " Shall we get going?" he asked.

Chester looked down at a crowed of people cheering his name. The young police officer smiled as he rose his hands to increase the cheering. He always wanted people to notice him. From the corner of his eye he saw something glowing. He moved in the direction of it to see a white mask floating. " Find me." He heard the mask say in a deep and very powerful voice. "And all of this can be yours." Before the police officer could say anything He woke from his slumber. His face was riddled with sweat. " What was that?" He thought.

Galen walked threw the doors of the RSF building. As he strutted threw he saw many of the women looking his way. They all thought he was hot with his neatly trimmed hair and perfectly sculpted face. In his hands was a file with the name equalizer on it. He turned the corner and entered a conference room. Inside the room was his boss Emile, the boss's wife, and the four other founding members of RSF.

Nion had been looking around thinking past friends would come out of nowhere and pop up. But when Zack and Drew were discussing where to eat he thought of something quickly. "Well I guess we could walk around and try and find a place to eat, Or we could just search our phones for nearby restaurants but what's the fun in that?" Nion said with a smile.

Tes hit land on her Lapras. It takes a while to get here, but to Tes, its amazing. Taking out her completed registration form, the young girl walked into the pokecenter. Tes handed the paper to the girl at the desk and showed her badges won off. "Am I in?" Tes asked, and a nod was given as an answer. A look to her side, a few trainers were huddled up together. Friends. She thought on her way out the door.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai moved to a isolated place on the island and freed all of his pokemon. "All right gang its time to eat." rai said, and as he said that the Pokemon cheered with excitement, so now setting the Bowls down and pouring the Pokemon food in the bowls they all feast except for Espeon. Rai is worried because Espeon loves to eat, " Emily what's wrong are you okay?" Espeon nodded and decides to go through my backpack, grabbing a brush." So that's why, you want me to brush fur while you eat don't you." Espeon Wags her tail with excitement. Rai grabs the brush and groom's her fur while she eats.

Last edited:
"Alright, well let's get moving. Food is not going to just magically appear in my mouth!" Zack said, hurrying out the door. He figured the good stuff was probably up near the hotels and the arena, which was further inward on the island. So he followed the path leading to the main part of the island, which on the map, looked like one gigantic plaza with an arena in the center.
"So, this is a very uncreative question, but where do you guys think you'll finish in the foo- League this time?" Zack asked his two friends as they made their way to the plaza. He was so hungry he couldn't even speak right.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
After lunch everyone went to their Pokeball except Espeon." Let me guess you're not going to your Pokeball." emily shakes her head. Rai smiles, "okay fine let's go to the Plaza together." The two begin to walk to the plaza hoping to have some information about the tournament.

"Probably in the top four like the last two times." Drew said as he put his arms in his jacket pockets. Tess wrapped her arms around Drew's neck tightly. " Of course with her I might actually be able to win." He said as Tess snuggled against his neck.

Chester looked on his computer as he tried to find out about that mysterious mask in his dream. ' There has to be something on this.' He thought. He let out a breath as he rubbed his temples. 'Maybe it was all a dream." He said. ' Find me.' the strange voice said in the back of his mind. 'And it will all be yours.'

Heart walked around his base. His face was scared he wore a portable oxygen tank as his lungs were crippled, His left hand was withered. He stopped in the command center. "status... report." He said weakly.
"It is ready sir." a woman wearing a magenta uniform. " We're ready for a more aggressive test." She said as she looked at the screen.
"Good." Heart said. " put.. twenty percent... into it... this time." he said as his breathing cut his sentences in half. " Let's see...what... this... can do." He said.

"You have everything you need? Clothes, snacks, toothbrush, umbrella, Jacket-" "Yes, I'm all packed and ready to go." Layla chuckled as her mom ran through the list for the 5th time that day. She felt lucky to have such caring parents and it was cute how frantic they got whenever she got ready to leave. "That's everything I can think of. Be careful getting there and let us know when you make it to your hotel. Also you better not try to ride anything but the ship to the island, alright?" "I know mom, this is the fourth time we've gone through this routine. I think I've got it down by now." "Think you're ready for round four?" Her dad chimed in a testing but lighthearted manner. Layla gave her usual shrug and smile. "I guess we'll find out."

They shared a small laugh but his expression got a little more serious.
"Layla, I know you participate in all these tournaments just for fun. But there is nothing wrong with trying a little harder and having a little competitive spirit! You always set your sights low, but I really hope one day you might shoot a little higher. You might not think you can win a tournament, but we sure do." Layla stands still not really knowing how to react before her parents bring her in for a tight hug. "Go for gold sweetie." "We can't wait to see how far you go."
She never really knew how much her parents supported her until that moment. She couldn't find a way to express how much they meant to her before a tear started rolling down her cheek. "I'm going to miss you.." "Miss?" "Miss?" "Miss?"

Layla jolted awake to find a shipmate standing over where she dozed off. "Miss, the ship docked quite a while ago." He was clearly a little annoyed and wasn't doing a great job of hiding it.
"Sorry I-uh, guess time got away from me." She shrunk under his forced smile that communicated how much he wanted her to leave and she quickly grabbed her backpack and went ashore. She let out a yawn and rubbed the sleep from her eyes as she made her way to the Peterson Pokemon center. She ruffled through her bag and handed her completed registration form to nurse Joy and showed off her 8 Hoenn gym badges. "You're all set, welcome to the Hoenn League!" Nurse Joy chimed happily. Layla smiled and left the center and stopped at the map outside, took a picture and stood there for a bit trying to commit it to memory and figure out where she was.

She was glad to be participating in another tournament. Her fathers words still swirled around in her head, which reminded her of something a friend at told her at one of the last tournaments.
Maybe I should start taking these a little more seriously... Then again, I would have to get a whole new team and everything... Eh, I'll keep thinking on it. She focused back on the map outside the Pokemon center.

Nion had been spying out any restaurants but the ones he saw were packed until he had found a restaurant that seemed expensive but Nion had been sweating so much he was getting dehydrated."Ok..."Nion had said catching his breathe. "We are going here and I will not take no as an answer."Nion said pointing at the restraunt.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
As the two walk to the plaza Rai decides to get some supplies. " emily while I'm gone I'll be searching for supplies so you can wander around but don't go too far, I'll go get some supplies and maybe get a new item for you." emily nodded, as Rai enters the store Emily wanders around the Plaza

"Well... It's pretty pricey Nion... Alright whatever. It's worth it," Zack said, agreeing with Nion. He followed him inside, and immediately realized they didn't fit in. Everyone was suited in fancy clothing, and the restaurant was really clean and nice looking. He tried to not focus on the eyes that were staring at them, and ordered what he wanted from the menu. He found a table, and took a seat, waiting for the others to come sit down all while resisting the temptation to dig in immediately.

Drew went in and sat down at the table. He looked and saw what the others where wearing and let out a breath. ' I'm going to kill that man.' He thought before tess jumped off of Drew's neck and sat down beside him. "What do you want?" He asked as Tess looked threw the menu. He nodded his head before looking at Zack. " So how have you been?"

Nion walked inside and almost immediately noticed everyone there was wearing fancy clothing when nion took his seat he saw someone rolling there eyes looking at there table. Nion flipped them off before pulling out his wallet.From the looks of it nion wasent wealthy but from his old group he collected almost 50 million dollars. "Guys get what you want ill pay for everything." Nion said when he started looking through the menu. A waitress then came over to there table. "Hello how may I help you today?" They said. "Um I would like some of your spaghetti with a side of bread and your wedding soup with some lemonade." Nion said with his nose in the menu.

"Eh, you know, the usual. Going around an entire reason risking my life to defeat 8 people in battle to inevitably arrive here only to eventually lose pretty early on, and repeat. But other than that pretty good, you?" Zack responded, starting to get deja vu. This was a similar scenario to how everyone met in the first place.
"Uh, Nion... I know you're supposedly 'rich' and all, but it's fine, I'll pay for myself," Zack said as Nion sat down at the table. Now that everyone was here, he began eating. While he did, he started thinking about the league. He was really hoping that he'd do better this time than the last two tournaments, and it had been on his mind the entire trip to the island. Johto wasn't relatively exciting, he met new people, and he had some cool moments, but it wasn't like any evil gang attacked, no one died, no one got together, so it wasn't crazy like his first tournament. He was excited and scared to see what Hoenn had in store for him.
He then shook out of his day dream, hoping he didn't miss anything.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
As espeon wandered around the plaza rai return with new supplies and emily ran to him with excitement wagging her tail. Rai smiles, " okay I got you a new item but I'm not going to show you yet until the tournament okay." With that sentence espeon's attitude change to sad but nods of understanding. " sorry Emily but I want it to be a surprise for you, now it's time for you to go back into your pokeball Emily." With that Emily returns into her Pokeball.

"Please answer our questions!" A voice shouted through the crowd chasing the young man. In fact, everyone in the crowd were screaming questions as they stampeded through the streets of a dark, vacant city. As Riley looked behind him, he could see the crowd of reporters chasing after him, begging for him to answer their infinite questions. "Please leave me alone!" Riley shouted as he reached for a pokeball on his Pokébelt. He turned a corner and once he had a pokeball in his hand, Riley spun around and tried to send out his pokemon. However, the ball wouldn't activate. "What the..." Riley said as he looked at the pokeball. Then he heard a reporter say to check the corner Riley had turned to. "Shit!" Riley exclaimed in frustration. He looked down the street to see if there was anywhere for him to hide. "That's weird, I could've sworn that wasn't there before." Riley said to himself as he walked towards a dark alleyway that had mysteriously appeared.

It seemed as if only a second had past and now Riley was already inside the alleyway."That's weird." Riley said to himself as he noticed that the sound of the reporters had been completely drowned out by the ominous sound of quietness. As Riley wandered further into the the alleyway, fog started to cover the pathway. The fog kept getting thicker the further he walked. Eventually it got so thick that Riley could barely see anything. "Okay, what the hell is going on?!" Riley shouted as he questioned where he was. Ominous silence answered his question. "Well, okay then..." Riley murmured before the fog started to turn black. Then all of a sudden, he heard screaming, but not just anyone's screaming... It was his mother's.

"Mom!" Riley yelled as he literally fell off the side of his bed. "Ouch!" Riley exclaimed as he rubbed the side of his head. 'What was the point of that dream?' Riley wondered to himself. The dream reminded him of a memory he had long blocked off.

Riley slowly got up and tapped his phone to check the time. In an instant, Riley had ran to the bathroom. The winner of the Johto League Tournament was not going to miss out on Hoenn. "Damnit!" Was the first thing Riley said when he saw his hair. It was a mess. Since he had no time, he just watered his hair and tried to make his normal hairstyle the best he could. After doing the rest of his morning routine, Riley ran out of the hotel with a half eaten bagel in his hand.

"Finally." Riley said, out of breath, once he finally bursted into the Pokemon center. "Please tell me I made it in time." Riley told Nurse Joy, noticing there was no line. "Well, you do remember that you're automatically entered into the tournament since you won in Johto, right?" The nurse asked, questioning Riley's memory. After Riley heard the question, he remembered that she was right. "I'm so dumb!" Riley exclaimed, realizing that rushed for no reason. "Well thanks for reminding me." Riley thanked the nurse as he ran his hand through his messy hair. "No problem." The nurse said before she walked away. "Well, what do I do now?" Riley asked himself as he walked outside.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai sees man that walked out of the Pokemon Center. "...huh?.... isn't that the johto champion riley so he's entering this tournament as well." "This will be entertaining." rai walks back into Pokemon Center switch out some Pokemon.

Layla looked up from the map just in time to see a familiar champion exit the Pokemon center. She chuckled at the timing of it all, he suddenly shows up just as shes reflecting on something he had said. She smirked mischievously as she brewed up her strategy to mess with him somehow. Finally she ducks behind the Pokemon center, giggling and imagining how great it was going to be. She discreetly sent out her Skarmory and did a variety of improvised hand motions that the Skarmory clearly didn't understand. Layla sighed and whispered. "Get me on the roof." Skarmory chuckled and grabbed her shoulders and carefully placed her on the roof of the Pokemon center just above the entrance. Layla struck a powerful pose with her hands on her hips, despite her moderate fear of heights. She spoke in her most booming and 'macho' voice, barely able to keep herself from laughing. "WELL, WELL, WELL. If it isn't my bitter rival." Fails to hold back a snicker. "Your winning streak ends here!" She maintains her mock composure but as a few other people look at her she slowly realizes how poor of an idea it was.

Drew ordered his food and smiled at the waiter. " I can pay for my own food Nion." He said as he took a sip of his drink he offered a little bit to Tess and she drank it. " Anyway...." Before he could finish his sentence the earth started to shake. It wasn't a mere tremor like before it felt like an earthquake.

" The object is at twenty percent." a Gaia grunt said as he looked at the machine. " Perfect." Heart said as he watched the report on his monitor " Crank it up... to twenty five... and target Rustboro." He said breathing heavily.

Zack had felt the shake as well, it had even knocked over a glass, luckily not full.
"Ok... Guys, I felt something like this earlier, but I thought it was just because this was a man made island, little shakes like that were bound to happen. Now it feels like it's getting worse, anyone else getting suspicious yet oddly excited that some wierd shit is happening?" Zack asked, trying to keep other things on the table from crashing onto the floor.

Nion felt the earth shake and his eyes widened. And looked at Zack when he asked the question. "Well whenever it seems we meet up something weird happens so yes I am suspicious, And I'm not gonna lie guys we should get going it looks like the hotels are packed and that we need to go get our rooms before we end up sleeping on the streets." Nion had said in a brief voice. "Also don't you guys feel the presence of Riley and Layla here I meen doesen't Riley have to show up to these tournaments and you know Layla cant miss out because... Shes Layla I guess." Nion had said fidgeting with a pokeball on his belt.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
As rai switches out his Pokemon he hears the girl entire speech. "?...... the johto Champion had a rival." But as he looked at her he didn't see much but quietly Snickers with laughter. "Hehehehe......The champion must have low standards." And as he says that he wants her to get mad at him so she can show him if he's worth it to be anyone's rival.

"Huh?" Riley asked casually as he turned around. He looked up to see it was Layla. Riley didn't seem to be suprised at all as he had recognized the voice. "Oh, it's you. I thought it was Zack since he's the only one I would consider a rival." He said, with slight grin growing on his face. "Anyways, I think you should get down from there before..." Riley didn't get to finish telling Layla his advice as the ground began to shake violently. "What the hell?!" Riley exclaimed as he tried to keep his balance until the earthquake ended.

Layla dramatically clutched her chest as if their words hurt her. She assumed they were kidding but she was a little hurt by how quickly she was brushed aside. But she covered it up with her usual comedy. "Sticks and stones may-" Before she could finish her sentence the earth shook and Layla wasn't prepared to keep her balance. After stumbling for a second the tremor finally sent her off the roof. What an entrance. Layla was bracing for the impact as Skarmory desperately dove to try and catch her in time.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
(After the earthquake) "The hell was that did a Pokemon do that......no that earthquake was too big to be made by one Pokemon and even a group of them would have trouble doing that kind of earthquake." rai begins to approach layla, "hey are you okay it's a good thing that you're Skarmory caught you in time."

As Riley was trying to keep his balance during the earthquake, he saw that Layla had fallen off the roof of the center. Riley stumbled forward as he tried to catch Layla but he tripped and fell to the ground. Riley took a deep breath afterwards as Skarmory managed to save Layla just in time. "See, what did I tell you?" Riley said once he got back up. However, he was cut off by another boy asking Layla if she was okay, which slightly annoyed him for some reason. "Yo, kid, you want an autograph or something?" Riley asked Rai, hoping to send him on his way afterwards.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"...huh?...why would I want an autograph I'm not some Fanboy for yours." rai turns back to the girl and the Skarmory. *rai's mind: that's Skarmory well trained maybe I was wrong about that girl, that's Skarmory save her without any orders, she must have a strong bond with them.* "hello my name is rai are you okay do you need me to get Nurse Joy for you miss....

Skarmory managed to grab Layla's leg just in time and then carefully let her down. Layla laughed off the event, trying to make light of the fact that she could easily have been seriously injured. She picked herself up off the ground with a goofy smile and was to surprised to see the man who was just making fun of her asking if she was okay. "I'm alright, couldn't thank you enough." She said playfully to her Skarmory and pet it's head. It squawked cheerfully, happy to receive praise. She thought she heard Riley say some smart remark but she decided to ignore it, especially because it was probably about how stupid her plan was. Layla was a little surprised at Riley's coldness toward the stranger but the stranger moved right along without giving him too much thought. She was a little worried of how Riley only seemed to make enemies everywhere he went, but that was a problem for another time. She smiled and was a little flattered by his worry, but she kept showing Skarmory some love. "Oh no, I'm fine honest! Layla, by the way. Nice to meet ya Rai. Is this your first tournament? If you're nervous, my friend Riley knows all about the tournaments and I'm sure he would LOVE to help ya out." She was aiming to try and patch things between them, but mostly try to influence Riley to behave.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Now I'm fine I used to battle my neighbors in my hometown and I'm glad that your fine. Rai grabs a pokeball and bring out aerodactyl. "Terra i want you to scope the island and see what cause an earthquake if it was a Pokemon it couldn't have gotten that far." terra begins to take fight and become begins to scope the island.

Drew nodded to his two friends. " Luckily I made a reservation a week ago." He said as he stood up and cracking his neck. Tess jumped onto Drew's back. " If you guys can't find a place to sleep my room will be open." He said. " Of course I rented a room with a single bed so two of us will have to share." He said before waving them good bye.

" The equalizer." Galen said as he looked at his co workers and friends. He gave each of them the blue prints. it was a small round object. " With the right work put into it it'll be able to send vibrations threw the ground allowing soil to become more fertile." He said with a big smile on his face. " Think of it with this and a desert area we could feed the entire population of Kanto for a year." He said. " Or break massive rocks that pokemon can't to help miners and road specialists." He looked and saw Emile studying the blue prints. He knew the man since high school it was Emile that recruited him for the RSF.

"Interesting." Emile said as he looked at Galen with piercing eyes. " But what if say someone undesirable got their hands on the equalizer."
Galen gulped a little bit. " They theoretically would have the power to level an entire region if they wanted to." Galen said.

Emile simply shook his head. " It's too dangerous Galen. I'm going to have to decline it." Galen nodded his head before sitting down.

Daniel Blake strutted to the pokecenter. He stopped right before going in. " Oh my god." He said as he took a step towards Riley. " Your Riley the winner of a Kanto and Johto league tournament. Can I have your autograph." He said with a wide smile on his face.