• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Hoenn League tournament

Riley was a bit annoyed that Rai didn't want an autograph but didn't want to pursue it any further, especially after Layla's last statement. Riley glared at Layla before he turned to Rai. "Fine." Riley said as he tried to think of some champion level advice to give to Rai. Before he could speak, Riley was once again interrupted by Daniel. However, he was actually glad about this interruption. "Yeah, you can have my autograph." Riley said, happy that someone respected his title.

" Thank you." Daniel smiled as he shook Riley's hand. " You know you kind of look like my farther." He said as he looked at the man. He kept a smile on his face.

“Oh, well thanks Drew. Glad to know I’m not screwed if I can’t find a place,” Zack said, as he got up from his table.
“Well it was nice meeting up with you guys, but I’m gonna get going, need to find a place to stay and unpack,” Zack’s said as he waved to his friends. After exiting the restaurant, he heard a lot of talk about the recent ground shake. A lot of people speculated a underground volcano, evil gang, Aggrons. Zack was still thinking it was construction of the island, but he was unsure at this point.
“Well, guess we’ll just have to wait and find out,” Zack muttered as he continued down the road.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Aerodactyl begins to search the island to what cause the earthquake but terra couldn't find anything and so returns to rai shaking his head saying that he couldn't find anything. " if Terra didn't find anything from above the earthquakes are probably from underground."

Nion looked at Drew smiling at him, "Thanks for the offer, But if I have no other choice and I need to stay in your room I'll most likely just sleep on the floor."Nion said to Drew. "Well guys I'm gonna go book a hotel, see you later!"Nion said before he began walking out the door of the resturaunt. Nion first went to a hotel that dident have a name, When Nion had walked inside he went to the front desk. "Hey, Are there any rooms available?"Nion asked the woman at the front desk. "I'm sorry but all our our rooms are booked."The lady said smiling at him. "Oh well that stinks."Nion said before turning around and walking to another hotel. This process had happened to every hotel he went to, When Nion went to his fifth hotel he was starting to wish he had booked a hotel like drew had done a week ago. When Nion went to the sixth hotel he'd known immediately something was off, There was pokemon statues in the lobby a sign that had been backwards saying. " Demeht Letoh" looked at the sign and had no idea what it meant. Nion walked up to he front desk that had a screen sitting there saying "reserve a room", Nion clicked the screen that then went to abunch of room names. Nion saw one that said "Super hero" and even one that said "Mafia", Nion settled on one that was called "Monster Rampage" it seemed decent seeing there was one called "Mad Love" (Don't know what the fucks going on in that room XD). Nion put in his credit imformation and headed toward his room, Nion got a glimpse in some rooms one named "Futuristic". When Nion got to his room he walked inside and his eyes widened there was a little screen were you could order things by the door entrance, There was a city that on the end had a huge hotub that on the enge was a foam monster rising from the hotub about to go and destroy the city, In the middle of the city was a tower that had a giant monkey on top crushing a plane that he was about to throw at something. Nion saw that in the middle was a vase and a mini fridge in the shape of a bank. Nion saw that his dresser was suppose to be the fighter department of the city. Nion then unpacked, Nion headed to the bathroom wich was a normal bathroom. Nion headed to his bed with was in the shape of an air plane that was aiming st the monster on the tower that was supposedly going to throw the plane at the bed. Nion liked the hotel room and would of stayed in it all day, But he wanted to see if he could find Riley and Layla so he got dressed in new clothing and walked out of his room and the hotel searching for Riley and Layla.

"No problem." Riley said as they shook hands. He was caught a little bit off guard when Daniel mentioned his father, but he decided to play along. "For real? That's a strange coincidence I guess." He said as he finished signing the autograph.

" Thank you." He said as he took the autograph. " I hope we battle against each other in the tournament." Daniel said as he started to walk way.

Heart limped to his room. He took off his breathing mask as he laid down on his bed. He grabbed a picture of himself in his younger years before he became the monster that he is now. ' You were right Emile.' He thought to himself. " The equalizer can be used for dangerous pourpouses.' He thought before he went to sleep.

Drew Leuric walked towards his hotel room. He opened the door to his room and released his team. " Alright guys. tomorrow we start the fight of our lives." He said. " let's try to win it this time." He said. His team agreed with him.

Zack had been struggling to find a Hotel, much like Nion probably was as well. He wasn't all that surprised though. It wasn't just people in the tournament there, this island was the first man made resort in history! It was packed with tourists. Nonetheless, he still needed a place to stay. Right before calling it quits, his unusual and "creative" brain came up with an idea. I mean, I could always crash on the roof... Nice view, REALLY nice view, chilly yeah but I could handle it. Zack thought looking over at a skyscraping tall hotel. Yeah, why not. Zack convinced himself, heading inside.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"Hey layla, I'm going to see you later, I'm going to have some rest before the tournament tomorrow, hope I get the battle you in the first round."

Rai winks at layla while leaving.

Layla was a little confused at Riley's fans comment but Riley played it off well enough. She forgot how famous he must actually be at this point with two back to back tournament victories. Her attention went back to Rai when he bid her farewell and winked before leaving. She wasn't expecting that but she smiled and gave him a small wave. "Yeah, that would be interesting! See ya around." After the two newcomers left she turned back to Riley and her expression softened, it was good to see him again. "So what has the two-time champion been up to? I'm sure the media keeps you pretty busy huh? She started walking in the direction of the hotel she was staying at, hoping to walk and talk for a bit.

Zack was on the roof alright... He had the smart idea of picking the tallest building on the damn island, and was looking over the edge of the skyscraper, frozen. It's ok, it's ok. Just don't look down there ever again for the rest of your life. Zack thought to himself. He had dumped all his stuff off in a little tent he set up, and was surprised to say it hadn't been such a stupid idea after all. Though, he didn't end up listening to himself, and looked down again. Though, he was distracted when he somehow picked out a familiar face in the crowd, heading towards the hotel.
"YES! Perfect prank opportunity..." Zack said, walking over to his tent. He grabbed a water bottle and unscrewed the top. Then he waited, and waited, and waited... Then poured out the entire thing, just as Layla got close to the hotel. He was really hoping that he'd calculated somewhat accurately, because if so,this was gonna be good.

Tess woke up she looked over at Drew and smiled. She gently touched his face. She loved him not how human's loved but close enough. She was abandoned in Johto by her previous trainer. That's where she met him. After sharing an Ice cream cone she knew she wanted to join him. If anything she forced her way onto his team taking one of his empty pokeballs and putting herself into it. After she lost her first battle with him she thought he was going to abandon her instead he held her in his arms and told her she was made for greatness. That's when she knew she would stay by his side until her end.

A woman with short curly blonde hair wearing a purple Shirt and skinny jeans walked into the registration office. " Hello I'm here to register." She said with a small smile on her lips. ' This time i'm not going to fall under my brother's shadow.' She thought as she finished registering. the runner up of the Lily cove grand festival Chloe Rivers readied herself for her big debut as the next Hoenn League Tournament champion.

"First off, you should call me the three-time champion because I already have this tournament won." Riley said in his confident tone as he caught up to Layla. He chuckled a bit as he thought about the other part of the question. "You know what's funny? Last night, I actually some weird nightmare with demonic reporters chasing me around some town asking me questions." He said, now walking side by side with her. "It was crazy though! I couldn't even send out my pokemon. I ended up running into some alleyway and escaped. Well I thought I did but the alleyway kept getting foggier the further I went. It kept going on forever and eventually I couldn't see anything. And then I-" Riley stopped suddenly as he remembered what happened next. He did not feel comfortable talking about that part right now. "Then I, uh..." Riley stuttered as he tried to think about what he should say. "Um, I think the dream ended." He finally said, hoping Layla would believe him. "Anyways, thankfully reporters in real life aren't like that. Well hopefully they aren't." Riley said as he tried to move on from that subject. "So, enough about me, how has Hoenn been to you?" Riley asked Layla, wondering if anything had happened during her journey.

Tes watched as the waves rolled in and out from the beach. She was wearing a two piece, bright blue bathing suit, spread out on a towel. This was home to her, the sea. Tes's necklace rested around her neck as the girl got slightly tanned. "The battles begin soon. Best relax for them." She said quietly to herself.

Drew woke up and groaned when he realized it was still the same day. He got out of the hotel bed and opened up his laptop. After a few minutes of getting onto the hotel's wifi he noticed that he had a new Email.

Dear Xavier Andrew Leuric,

You don't know who I am but I know about the recent earthquakes that have been plaguing Hoenn for the past few days. It's something a board member of the Red Scarf Foundation came up with. It's called the equalizer. If not found and stopped it will destroy Hoenn. From what research I can find it has to be somewhere near Petersburg island.

Sincerely,
E.O.C

Drew simply looked at the Email then at a picture of a small cubic device. He shook his head. ' must be some conspiracy theory.' He thought as he grabbed the remote and flipped on the news. His eyes widened as he read the title. "Earthquake devastates Rustboro. hundred and thirty confirmed dead and a hundred missing." On the screen he saw what looked like the Rustboro gym completely flattened as was most of the buildings in the town. He looked at the Email again and simply nodded as he returned his pokemon to their pokeballs and started to search for clues.

Nion had been looking for Riley and Layla and thought maybe they decided to hit the beech and talk about things. Nion had no luck finding them and since he was in his regular outfit he decided he wanted to go swimming. Nion walked in the water before missing kanto it had beaches perfect like this, Nion was constantly laughing at nothing funny it was just he felt at home and was as happy as anyone there. People kept eyeing Nion, Nion noticed but dident care and was being himself while swimming. When the sun set started to kick in Nion sat on shore near a girl that seemed 1 year younger than him that was watching the waves in a bright blue bathing suit. "Isn't it amazing?"Nion asked the complete stranger sitting next to him.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai is alone with his six Pokemon out of there Pokeballs.

" you guys are going to be my team I hope, I can bring out your full potential, now let's kill it at the tournament."

The six pokemon cheered.

" I hope I get to fight the Champion or that girl they both have impressive Potentials in them."

It took Drew a couple of hours to go fully around the island. ' nothing.' He thought. ' If they aren't on the island then...' He turned his attention to the water. ' Under the sea maybe.' He walked to a scuba shop and put on the gear. He breathed out slowly before putting Tess into a pokeball and throwing out Clay's. He sat on the swampert as it started to go underwater.

Heart walked out of his room and smiled. " Alright let's do fifty percent threw all of Hoenn." He said as he looked at the screen.

Tes heard the boy walk up. "Yes it is." Noticing that the person was a stranger, her friendly tone became something a little darker. "Your not here to scout out me as competition are you?"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
As you two are talking a dewgong leaps towards the sea making a huge splash and its relieved it got to swim in the ocean and was so happy.

Rai watchs his dewgong from a tree.

Nion wasent at all surprised by what the person had said. "I understand your suspision of me but I promise I'm just a guy who would happen to like to talk to people."Nion said in a friendly tone. "So I see your in the Hoen league competition, I am to this would happen to be my third what about you?"Nion said facing the person smiling.

Tes waited for a few seconds before answering. "First here. I travel alot, across the sea. Myself, I've taken on Sinnoh, Kalos, and had an impact in Johto. Didn't go to the league there though." The girl waved her arm across her field of vision. "The water calms me. Like my home." Tes continued to watch the waves roll in and out as she gripped her Mystic Water necklace.

Underneath the ocean Drew continued to ride on Clay. He stopped as he was dumbfounded by what he saw. Infront of him was a oval type of building. There were to pilliars on the left and right side of it. " Take us in." He said to clay as the swampert moved closer to the underwater fortress.

" Sir." One of team Gaia's officers said. " Are proximity alarm went off." He said. Heart turned his head to one screen. " Send out... Danger and Death... squadron." He said. " We can't... have this... trainer... tell.... anyone about our little project." He said before breathing in more oxygen.
" Yes sir." The officer said.

As Drew drew closer to the fortress he saw about twenty objects move towards him. He cocked his head wondering what they were before a sharpedo with a man on it rammed clay's left side tearing a hole into Drew's swimsuit. He tapped Clay's side as the swampert started to retreat. The sharpedo's stayed on him firing hyper beams and ice beams at him.

Last edited:

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai notices something's wrong with the current and looks in the water and sees light and Ice forming around the water.

"Dewgong check whats going on underwater and sees if anyone needs help."

Dewgong goes underwater and sees a sharpedo attacking a trainer so it charges towards the sharpedo and uses aqua jet.

Nion had looked back at the waves. "I travel alot myself seeing I haven't had a parent or guardian since I've been 9, So I've been on my own so yea I've been to every island most just for sight seeing, but I've mostly stayed in kanto my entire life."Nion said looking back at the person before looking back at the waves. "Kanto, not bragging but kanto had some great beaches were you could go and meet powerful water types I bassically lived my life on that one kanto beach but I forget the name it's been awhile ."Nion said with a little chuckle. "I've also competed in the johto and kanto league but was taken out by the champion in kanto, And was beaten in johto by a man I didn't know but the champion is actually considered a somewhat friend of mine."Nion said looking back at the person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Drew looked at the dewgon and nodded at it as it took out one of them. The other nineteen swarmed around then. Drew grabbed the Pokemon by its flipper and started to drag it back to the surface. "Sorry." He said "but there's too many."

Layla rolled her eyes playfully when Riley made the remark about being a 3 time champion. She didn't expect any less from the cocky champion. She giggled along when he told her about his dream. "Demon reporters? Probably not that big of a stretch." She was enjoying his enthusiasm until he paused for a second and said the dream ended. She knew him long enough at this point and had seen how he acts when hes hiding something to many times to not be suspicious. Just as she was about to question him, a flood of water lands directly on her head thoroughly soaking her hair and shirt. She stopped for several seconds still registering what happened, still dripping. She finally starts laughing, deciding it is a little comical how unlucky that was. She turned her attention upward trying to see where the torrent came from. She turned to Riley with a goofy smile with some hairs in her face. "Do you have any idea what just happened?"

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Dewgong understands the situation and swims towards the surface and rai continue to watch the water waiting for Dewgong to resurface but sees two very large objects coming towards the surface one looks like dewgong but but look different.

Suddenly a Swampert and dewgong with a trainer jumps out of water and as he did rai rushes over them.

" hey are you guys okay."

Drew spat out water before looking back at the ocean. "Yeah." He said " I'm fine." He looked at Clay who nodded at him. " Clay's fine as well. Thanks to your dewgong we were able to get out of there." He said as he sat down. " I'm Drew by the way." He said as he offered the man his hand.

"Sir." A Gaia officer said. " They escaped." Heart slammed his fist into a wall nearly putting a hole into it. " Activate the equalizer and bring to fifty percent and target the island." Heart said as he gritted his teeth. " Destroy it." He said.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai takes his hand offer.

" I'm glad that you guys are alright my name is rai and Dewgong you did great out there thank you."

Rai return Dewgong back into his pokeball.

Zack was more shocked than cracked up when he discovered that the water had successfully landed on Layla's head.
"O-Oh crap.." Zack said, quickly disappearing from sight as she looked up. A devilish grin grew across Zack's face as he came up with a quick greeting idea, and sent out Torch.
"Pick her up for me will ya?" Zack asked, as his old friend happily obliged. The charizard zipped down the side of the building, stopping right as he hovered over Layla. It then scooped her up by her leg and bolted back up, to be greeted by the one and only. Zack tilted his head to meet the upside down one.
"Hello," Zack said, resisting the urge to break out in laughter.

Thankfully for Riley, he had been able to avoid the water that had seemingly fell from the sky. But Riley knew better than that. However, he was more grateful for the fact that he was saved from Layla's potential question. He knew that look Layla gave when she got suspicious. It was small, but Riley noticed it and at that point, he knew she was probably going to question him. Luckily for Riley, but unfortunate for Layla, she was now soaked. He did his best to stifle his snickering. "I-I think you just got..." Riley didn't get to finish his answer as Layla was suddenly swooped away by a familiar Pokemon. Riley couldn't help but grin as he realized who's Pokemon it was. 'So he did show up.' Riley thought to himself as he looked up the building.

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
"what happened down there, I saw quite the commotion down there, what did you see."

Rai was curious on what happened down in the water and sees a Tear on drews suit

" that tear is pretty big if wherever attack you got closer you would of Taken serious damage are you sure you're okay."

Last edited:
Layla was just brushing the hair out of her face hen she heard the flapping of wings. She looked up just in time to see a familiar charizard, just before he grabbed he by the leg and took off. "Wh-whoa!" Layla still wasn't very fond of flying, she wasn't a fan of flying through the air upside down. She closed her eyes and braced, till she felt the pokemon stop and hover in the air. She kept her eyes close till she heard a familiar voice greet her. She finally opened her eyes, she was still upside down and high in the air but the culprit was revealed. She reacts in a bit of surprise but her surprise quickly changes into a giggle. She wasn't comfortable hanging like this but she couldn't help but smile at the whole thing. "You know there's better ways to greet an old friend." She felt pretty vulnerable in that position and was hoping Torch might be kind enough to notice. She would look down to see how Riley was reacting to this, but she is trying to keep her composure and seeing how high up she is would freak her out.

Zack finally gave in and began laughing hysterically.
"You should've seen your face! O-Ok, ok, Torch you can let her down," Zack managed to say as he calmed down from his laughter. Torch suddenly gently but quickly flew Layla down to ground floor and placed her down right side up.
"Wait I didn't mean down th- Oh whatever," Zack said, leaping off the side of the building onto Torch, as he took him down to the ground. He found Riley at the bottom of the building as well, which didn't come as much of a surprise. Though he was surprised by the fact no one seemed to care the two time champion was out and about, not shrouding around him hoping for autographs.
"So, now that that 'greeting' is out of the way... What's everyone been up to?" Zack asked his friends. One thing beneficial about Johto had been that everyone got a chance to get closer and become better friends, so to Zack, the two were kinda like family. Or the closest thing to it.

Drew let out a breath. " There's an underwater base over there." He said as he looked back at the ocean. " And I believe they are responsible for the earthquakes." He said. He returned Clay to his Pokeball as Tess came out of hers. " When I tried to get close to them twenty sharpedos attacked." He sat down on the sand and looked towards the ocean. " I need to go back." He said.

Tes watched as some people launched from the water in pursuit of Sharpedos. Quickly getting up, the girl walked over. "You aren't thinking of going back in there are you? Not without someone who knows the sea at least." Her crystal blue eyes were sparkling with excitement. "You need an expert of the water. I'm Tes."

Jacksoneternal

Previously Breon
Rai sees the girl that walked over to them, and pretty sure that she's referring to herself.
" hey my name is rai and this is Drew and do you know anyone that knows the ocean tes?"

"That was one hell of a greeting." Riley greeted Zack once he landed on the ground. Riley looked at Layla, then back at Zack. "Well, maybe not for Layla. You sure know how to get girls wet Zack." Riley told him in a mocking tone. "As for what I've been up to..." Riley thought for a second on how he should answer. "Well after I destroyed every gym leader in Hoenn, I focused on training to beat you Zack." He answered seriously before breaking into a grin. "Just kidding, I don't even consider you worth my time Zack." Riley told Zack, hoping to spark some type of reaction from him. It was so easy to mess with Zack that Riley could not pass the moment up.

Layla braced again when Torch started moving again but relaxed when he finally placed her back on the ground. She straightened her clothes and brushed wet hair out of her face in less of a good mood. Zack jumped from the roof and landed in front of them, she wasn't surprised by his reckless behavior but she doubted she would ever jump from a building... On purpose. She scoffed playfully at Riley's comment as she was ringing out her hair. Layla turned to Riley a little upset by his attempt to mess with Zack. She couldn't find the words at that time, but she wasn't a fan of how he always tried to make things difficult. After that comment she turned to Zack, still not thrilled by the stunt he pulled. "I've just been struggling my way to tournament after tournament, as usual. Not sure why i keep showing up when I know Riley is going to be there every time."