• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Geminos: ~Threads of Uncertainty~ (Role Play Thread)

Astraea got startled by the Rockruff and fell backwards, letting out a distressed cry and flashing its core rapidly. Sandra on the other hand reacted a lot calmer and knelt down to lift the Staryu back on its 'feet'. "Come on, up you pop." She spoke to the Staryu as it rebalanced itself and probably was glaring at the Rockruff, it was hard to tell without an expression to read.

"Hiya, is that your Pokémon? I don't recognise anything like it, what species is it?" Sandra dived right into the conversation, by asking about the Rock type Pokémon that Devin was holding. "No need to apologise, Astraea isn't exactly stable on land anyway. She'd have fallen regardless of your Pokémon startling it."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"What do you mean there's no professor here?!" Rowan shouted in bewilderment to the resident Nurse Joy. Nurse Joy seemed to be quite panicked with this trainers temper and so decided it would be best to make an effort to calm him down.

"I'm sorry sir, but that's just the way we run things here," To her dismay, Rowan's expression hadn't gotten any more pleasant, so she tried to add information that would be seen as helpful, "I can however, tell you where to get a Pokedex,"

This caught the attention of the enraged trainer. That combined with Fomantis repeatedly tugging him on the pants leg to let him know he was making a scene was enough.

"Fine," He sighed, "I'd like to know where I can get a Pokedex. And I'm sorry for yelling at you," There was a genuine tone of remorse in the boy's voice, which was the only thing that motivated the Nurse to hold to her word.

"I accept your apology," Nurse Joy put on a smile to recompose herself, "You can get all you need at the City Hall, here's a map to get there,"

The trainer hesitated for a moment before taking the map and expressing his gratitude. With that, Rowan and Mantì made their not-so-dramatic exit.

That was embarrassing...I'll need to take my mind off that.

He saw a female trainer trying to talk to another one holding a rockruff. He saw this opportunity and decided to take it to enter the conversation.

"Its a Rockruff," Rowan said abruptly to the girl with a Staryu. Realizing that he answered for someone else, he felt the need to backtrack in his words, "Sorry! I just couldn't help myself, my mom has a Rockruff back at home and she spoils him rotten. I'm Rowan Neale, feel free to forget that name,"

CAN I NOT HAVE AN EMBARRASSING MOMENT FOR FIVE FUCKING SECONDS?!

"A Rockruff?" Sandra looked at Rowan with owlish eyes. "I've never heard of it before, is it a rare Pokémon?" She seemed genuinely interested in what Rowan had to say, although the Staryu behind her appeared a bit menacing. "My name is Sandra Rose, nice to meet you Rowan." She smiled as she pat Astraea on its head. "It's okay, you may return now." A red glow enveloped the Staryu as it got recalled. "Sorry for that, Astraea still needs to get used to land."

Ken and Geb stared the Tentacool down. "Better take care of this quickly or things might get bad, you ready Geb?" Ken called out to his pokemon who quickly replied with a nod and a fierce look in its eyes.

Suddenly, Ellen's Mawile sent out another Fairy Wind with the aim to create a smokescreen before shouting that they were running. "Guess that's happening, come on let's go." Changing their plans, Ken and Geb both dashed back onto the road away from their assailant as it was blinded by the makeshift smokescreen.

Before running out of view of the beach, Ken saw a glimpse of some sort of psychic energy throwing the Tentacool back into the sea through the sand blockade. "Huh? What was that?"

They caught up with Ellen and Cordelia shortly after.

“Hahaha! And that’s basically how I got attacked by a swarm of Ninjask on my 14th birthday.” Levi finished his story by comedically wiping away a laugh tear, before coming to a sudden stop for no apparent reason.

“Look over there!” The charismatic young man spoke up, pointing in the direction of a large building. Said structure was circular in shape with a rather grand looking entrance. On top of this, the whole building was finished in a polished dark wood that looked like it would require several workers just to maintain its shine. Needless to say, this building stuck out quite a bit compared to all the modern looking skyscrapers the resided around it.

“City Hall. If there’s any place in town that could provide us with solid directions, it’s there.” Levi finished excitedly, half walking, half jogging up to the front entrance.

“Hope it’s not too busy inside.”

Last edited:

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Newt shook his head and blinked in bewilderment upon the ninjask story. How someone can get themselves in that much trouble he could never understand. It’s like he didn’t have any self preservation insitinct. Upon getting closer to city hall, and it being their designated location, his heart sank.

“The busiest building you could possibly have chosen...fun...”

What was I even thinking? This is just causing a lot of future annoyance and trouble...he was extremely hesitant to go inside, like a cat going in water.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Nice to meet you Sandra," His Fomantis was examining this new person from a corner, trying to see if she was friendly or not.

"Rockruffs aren't all that rare; at least not in Alola. Hell, my cousin started a rockruff fan-club and all 126 members there have a rockruff in their team," Rowan chuckled in the absurdity of his family members.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....

Devin's brain shut down for a moment as the girl began to converse with him immediately; thankfully she didn't seem bothered by it as she clarified her Staryu seemed to still be working to find its legs. Though the latter seemed annoyed with Terra as its....glare? Was met with the standard dumb grin of the Rockruff who had her tongue out smiling at the new arrivals.

Before Devin could work up the nerve to talk, another person entered the scene and began to exchange some tidbits about the Rockruff kind as the Staryu owner introduced herself as Sandra Rose before she recalled her partner, and with that Devin finally decided to speak up despite the tempting offer to keep quiet given his partner was the subject of conversation.

"Y-yeah, Rockruffs are the pride of Alola. N-not sure if breeds are found elsewhere. Though Terra here is a bit more energetic than most..." Devin said with a sheepish tone as his partner barked with pride at that as he rubbed the back of his head nervously.

"I-I am Devin...Devin Samson..." Devin said as he introduced himself to the pair.

Levi let out a small chuckle as he headed inside, slightly amused by Newt’s reaction to his offer.

The inside of City Hall was just as grandiose as its exterior. The ceiling was comprised of a large stained glass dome that dimly reflected the light produced by the intricate, orange chandeliers that lined the main hall.

“Woah...” Levi whispered in aw.

“Impressive, no?” Came the voice of an apparent security guard who’d been standing just a few feet to the left of the entrance.

“Huh? Oh, yeah. It’s awesome.” Levi replied, greeting the stranger with a nod and warm smile.

“Glad you like it, it’s quite a building. City Hall was built on this land more than 100 years ago, and not one aspect of its design has been changed since.” The guard replied in a proud tone.

“Wow. No wonder it’s such a significant spot.” Levi replied, letting the age of the room sink in for a moment.

“So...you looking for something?” The guard piped up once more.

“...oh, yeah! I’m new to the region and was wondering where I could pick up a guide map.” The shaggy haired boy replied, finally snapping out of his trance.

“Ah, I see. Well you can pick up a guide at registration, just at the end of the hall.” The guard replied once more, giving Levi a two finger wave abs he returned to his original position.

“Thanks a lot!” With that, Levi was off.

———

“It’s a shame you didn’t wanna go inside. City Hall is amazing.” Levi informed Newt as he exited the building, two maps in hand.

“Hm...Seafare City....go through there....Aquamarine City.” The boy mumbled to himself with his map on hand.

“Well it looks like there’s a ferry that could take us to the next town, but id prefer to walk.”

Last edited:

As Levi headed inside, Newt remained outside, waiting for Levi to return. Dunsparce looked at newt from his shoulder, seeming a little concerned.

“...What?”

They stood in silence, Dunsparce looking back ahead, waggling his drill like tail as Levi emerged from the doorway. You really like him don’t you? Levi then approached him about how he should have gone in.

“A shame...? I think I was quite comfortable out here, thank you. I don’t think I would have liked it in there.”

“Why not?”

“Well I’m not the best with crowds you know...”

“Why not?”

“Because...people?” Newt sighed. “I don’t know...”

“Why not?”

“Eh?”

He realized those words didn’t come from Levi’s mouth. He turned to the side to see where voice was coming from. A little blue creature stood on the steps to the building. A wynaut. Newt suddenly felt extremely dumb.

“...Why are you here?” Newt grumbled.

“Why not?”

“Forget I asked that...”

Newt elected to ignore the wynaut, looking over to Levi. Aquamarine, another nearby town?

“What’s there exactly...?”

Oh so he’s a trainer type. But I thought he was a professor’s intern? He’s a bundle of surprises... newt scratched his head, as Levi turned Newt into the center of attention rather than give him a window to ask Levi about it.

“Erm, not really. I never much considered it. Though battling always sounded sort of...violent.”

“Why not?”

“Shush you.”

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Y-yeah, Rockruffs are the pride of Alola. N-not sure if breeds are found elsewhere. Though Terra here is a bit more energetic than most...I-I am Devin...Devin Samson..."

Rowan chuckled at the awkwardness of Devin, seceretly taking refuge in the fact that he wasn't the only one who's embarrassed.

"Well nice to meetcha Devin. That's a cute Rockruff you got there," It was that this moment that the young man had an ephiphany: his own Pokemon had yet to be introduced.

"Mantì!" The Fomantis had perked up as she heard her name being called. She waddled over to her trainer with a look that could be interpreted as excitement on her face.

"This Fomantis right here is mine. She's a real sweetheart; provided she recognizes you as friendly or not," As if on cue, Fomantis had offered its appendage to Sandra as if it were a hand to shake.

“It can get pretty intense, but Rigel loves a good fight, and it’s not like I’d force a Pokémon to battle if it didn’t want to. If it’s not your cup of tea, what do you wanna do in Geminos, contests?” Levi replied, giving Wynaut a quick glance as it spoke up once again.

“Um...I think he’s talking to you.” The young explorer added, cracking a small grin at the Pokémon’s repeated attempts to get involved with the conversation.

“Sparce...?”

Dunsparce tilted it’s head, curious as to what this whole gym business was about. Newt didn’t think too much of it, rubbing Dunsparce’s back as it lay on his shoulder.

“I guess I just haven’t seen much of it truly to say.”

“Um...I think he’s talking to you.” Levi spoke up.

Newt looked over to Wynaut, who indeed was trying to talk. What it was saying? Who knew? All he knew was that it was here and he had no idea how to handle it.

“Erm...hi?”

“Wynaut!” It waddled in place.

Newt put a hand to block its view of his face and expression, as he gave a panicked look to Levi.

What. do. I. do!?” newt mouthed to him

Levi grabbed his stomach, chuckling at Newts sheer lack of charisma.

“Say hi I suppose. He seems to like you.” The boy added flatly, pulling Rigel’s Pokeball from his pocket and releasing the small sand dweller onto his shoulder.

“Rigel. What do you think of this little guy.”

Rigel lifted his head and peaked over to Wynaut, a look of curiosity on his face.

“Traaa...piiinch.” Rigel replied, a hesitant look on his face as he slid back behind Levi’s shoulder and onto his backpack, out of view.

“Well...it appears this whole introduction thing needs to be worked on by both you and Newt. Ironic.” Levi added before kneeling down a few feet away from the Wynaut.

“How you doing buddy?”

“I did that!” He mouthed again. “What should I do now?!

He was thankful that Levi made the first move, trying to introduce trapinch to Wynaut...though it seemed less that friendly. So Levi hismelf knelt down and talked to him.

“How you doing buddy?”

“Wynauuuuuut!”

It bent back all the way till it touched the floor while stretching the ‘U’ out in Wynaut. It was hard to tell what it was saying, but it seemed cheery about it nevertheless. Dunsparce gave a loud bark of approval, which newt wasn’t sure what to do with.

“So...should we uh...get moving?” He said, trying to change the subject from the awkward encounter

“Hey, he repeats the same thing over and over again, why not do the same? Heh. And yeah, sure.” Levi replied, getting back up before giving the Wynaut a wave.

“There’s a Pokemon Center nearby where you could get some shut eye for the night, but I intend to camp out on my way to Aquamarine City.” He added whilst pocketing one of the guide maps and passing the other to Newt.

“You never answered my question by the way. What is it your looking to achieve out here?”

The Wynaut waved back to Levi with it’s ear like extension, staying put as the team stood on the steps. Newt rubbed his neck at levi’s comment.

“To be honest...I’m not sure.” He sighed. “The whole reason I’m here is that I’m trying to find my path in life. Experiment, at least a little. Instead of my family telling me how I should live.”

He took a gulp and a breath before continuing.

“I haven’t thought of a plan for this far yet. It was kind of an impulse thing to come here...rebellion maybe? Teenage angst? Or maybe just an actual yearning to find who I was meant to be. Weather I will regret that or not I can’t say.”

Levi took in Newts words with a stoic expression, actually attempting to think about his own reply for once.

“Well we’ve got something in common then. I came out here to explore my options as well. I wanna try out as many Pokémon related activities I can.” Levi slowly began his walk towards the edge of the city, keeping a slow pace so Newt
could hear him clearly.

“Thing is, working for Professor Oak and Professor Birch was great and all, but I wasn’t really able to achieve anything substantial on my own while constantly being surrounded by people with so much experience. It’s hard to prove your worth when everyone around you is already so talented...I don’t know, I guess you could say I’ve just got something to prove to myself.” The boy kicked a rock as he spoke, clearly deep in thought. It got rather quiet for the next few moments, only for Levi to spring another proposal on Newt without warning.

“Tell ya what. How about we go and take on the Aquamarine City gym. If you and Dunsparce enjoy the challenge, than awesome. If not...hey, there’s still a world of possibilities to explore.”

He has a point. Coming from a similar background, wanting to get away from everyone else and to make a name for himself. While we have vastly different personalities...I can’t help but see parallels between us. Either he has a silver tounge or in more gullible than I figured. Newt looked to Dunsparce, then back to Levi.

“Well...if he is good with it...maybe it could be worth tagging along.”

He never figured he’d be going with someone, let alone someone he hardly knew to a place he didn’t know today. His spine was telling him to go away...but he had to see where this lead

The Mawile and trainer had slowed, only slightly, to switch loads. Clamperl now in hand, Ellen could feel the high fever it was running. She could tell Ken and Geb were training them, but the Clamperl took priority. A quick query to a resident gave her the directions to the Pokemon Center, and minutes later, Ellen was rushing through the doors of the classic red-roofed building.

She placed the Clamperl on the Nurse’s desk, completely winded from her run.

“Poisoned...Clamperl...Please...”

She only managed to get out a few words between pants, but the pink-haired Nurse seemed to have grasped the situation.

“Oh Dear! Chansey, come quickly!”

No sooner than her shout, the bulbous pink Pokemon came carting through the Pokemon Center with a tray of berries and medical supplies. Nurse Joy immediately went to work, feeding the Clamperl a mix of berries Ellen didn’t quite recognize.

A few minutes passed by, and the Clamperl seemed to regain its healthy hue. As the crisis passed, Ellen breathed a sigh of relief. She moved to thank the Nurse but was quickly met by a mask of fury as the Nurse wheeled on her.

“How irresponsible! Don’t you know you should also have emergency supplies on hand to take care of your Pokemon!? Trainers these days!”

“I- …"

Ellen moved to interject, the Clamperl wasn’t hers after all, and she had no desire to take a scolding in return for her good deed. However, the words caught in her throat. She actually didn’t have any emergency supplies. What if the one afflicted had been Cordelia?

Swallowing her retort, she lowered her head and accepted the scolding.

When the nurse had vented to her heart’s content, and Ellen had quickly jotted down the helpful tips she’d provided on her Memo App, she finally took notice of the other Pokemon that had arrived with Ellen. Her expression darkened, and perhaps only her professional training kept her from really going off on the Sinnoh-born trainer.

“Is that Magikarp also yours? Don’t you think it’s a bit much for your Mawile to carry it in its mouth? Give it here and I’ll take care of it.”

“Oh, no need. This one isn’t mine, it’s dinner. Thanks again for the tips, Nurse Joy!”

“...I'm sorry, excuse me?”

By the time Nurse Joy had responded, Ellen turned and walked out of the Pokemon Center her three Pokemon in tow leaving behind the completely flabbergasted Nurse.

“Great! Glad to hear I’ll have someone to talk with along the way.” Levi replied with a large grin, tossing his fist in the air for emphasis.

“Now according to the guide, the fastest way to-wha? Hey!” Just as Levi began plotting there course, he felt the sensation of a small limb reaching into his jacket pocket, startling him. This limb belonged to a mischievous Elekid, who had slipped a pen and pad from Levi’s pocket and scurried off ahead of them.

“Elelelel!” The wild Elekid laughed, quickly ducking around the first street corner available.

“That book has all my best notes and recipes in it!” Levi shouted, quickly taking off after the thieving pokemon without warning.

“Great! Glad to hear I’ll have someone to talk withalong the way.” Levi replied with a large grin.

Don’t make me regret it... newt thought, judging his demeanor. It didn’t take long however for an elekid to steal a pad and pen from Levi’s pocket. Right when I decide to go with this guy trouble happens! It’s like the universe is punishing us...

“Must be important to you-“

He didn’t finish his thought as Levi ran off toward the electric type pokemon.

“Wait, Levi, WAIT!”

He rushed off to follow him newfound companion, Dunsparce hanging on by the shoulder while Wynaut melancholily skipped along

Levi veered around the corner at top speed, barely keeping his balance as he did so. And just as his eyes caught sight of Elekid, it had run into a nearby alleyway.

“Give that back!” The panicked trainer shouted, charging the ally with a fire in his eyes.
But to the boys dismay, the Elekid had somehow managed to slip out of sight in the ally, leaving Levi to simmer in his own fumes.

“Where is it...” He checked every nook and cranny of the ally, even peaking in the trash can to see if Elekid was trying to pull a fast one. But he wasn’t there.

“Rrrrgh! Look, I’m sorry, but there’s been a change of plans.” Levi grumbled as Newt rounded the corner behind him.

“I’ve gotta find that book.” He added, jogging out of the ally to scope the area at a more steady pace.

“I hope this doesn’t tarnish our plans! We’ll be on track the moment I get my stuff back!” Levi shouted, not sure if Newt was going to follow him on this wild goose chase.

Last edited:
After a short while of catching up, Ken ran up to Ellen. “Phew, I’m kind of out of shape.” He mumbled to himself before looking up at the other trainer. “Sorry about being slow, got held up a bit. How is the Clamperl doing?” He asked.

Ken was soon followed by Geb who ran up behind him as well as another pokemon who ran beside Geb, a Drowzee.

Last edited:

SageNeb

Previously 5DigitNeb
Adam had already researched what he could do in Seafare City while in Kanto so he knew he was able to get a Map and Pokédex if he went to City Hall. Not missing a beat he had went straight to that area before doing anything else, with his Gastly following behind him but not easily visible unless you focus. He entered the place and took a moment to look around before going to ask someone where he could get these items.

"Oh you can just go over there and ask them," the man said.

Adam smiled and thanked him before going to the counter he had been directed to.

"Our region doesn't have a Professor but we were able to obtain the most up-to-date information and compile them into our own custom Pokédex," the receptionist explained as she went to get one and handed it to Adam.

"Thank you m'am, and I heard you also support maps that can be uploaded to electronic devices, is the Pokégear by chance one of these supported devices?" Adam asked.

"Yes it is indeed," she said with a smile. Adam gave her his Pokégear and she uploaded the aforementioned maps into it before handing it back to him. The trainer gave his thanks before leaving the City Hall.

Settling down on a bench just outside the Pokemon Center, Ellen placed the Clamperl to her side and then...stared. She obviously didn't want to just throw the Clamperl back into the ocean but on the other hand...she didn't want to force the Clamperl to join her. If she'd defeated it through 1 vs 1 battle and then caught it, then sure. But to take advantage of its situation to bag it..?

'Hmmm...'

Pondering for a moment, she retrieved a Pokeball from her bag and placed it on the bench beside the Clamperl. Then she stepped back and allowed it to chose.

"If you want to come with me, then you're welcomed, but if you want to go back home..."

She waited patiently, eyes the Clamperl as it hesitantly(?) frothed from the shell.

As the Pokemon seemed torn, between the choice, Ellen sought to tip the scales...just a bit. She retrieved a Poffin from her Poffin case and placed it beside the Pokeball. They'd been made through the very experienced hands of her mother and were irresistible to Pokemon. Or at least, that's the impression she got from Cordelia.

Mere seconds after the Poffin had been placed, the Clamperl lurched, snapping the treat up in its shell and inadvertently hitting the Pokeball. As the Clamperl enjoyed its well-earned snack —good decisions were rewarded, after all— it was absorbed into the Pokeball, which settled down after a series of gentle rolls.

Ellen cracked a small smile, the Clamperl having willingly joined her team. She released it from its Pokeball a moment later, perching it on her lap as she waited idly.

'Where did that guy go...Ken...was his name?'

No sooner than she'd thought it, Ken ran up to her his own following of Pokemon behind him.

Ellen thought for a moment and then responded.

"Nynyve. Her name is Nynyve, and she's doing well. She just needs some rest."

Change of plans? Ohhhhh dear... he hated when things happened outside their plans. Unplanned variables. It bad him anxious. It made him want to itch his arm right off.

“I hope this doesn’t tarnish our plans! We’ll be on track the moment I get my stuff back!” Levi shouted.”

“Nope. This is fine...” he said with a horrified, spaced out look in his eyes. “Perfectly fine...”

Spoiler alert: It wasn’t fine. But if this was a start to their ‘different, new experience’ journey, he’d loathe to see the ending. He panted, taking a breath of air, leaning on the side of a tree.

“Instead of just...mindlessly chasing. How about we just do things from a collected standpoint? He’s an energetic one, he’ll beat us in the stamina game. Here...Dunsparce. Get a bird’s eye view.”

“Spaaaaaarce!”

The cheery gravely voice from Dunsparce rang out as it’s stubby little wings carried the fat serpent into the sky. One would say that the wings wouldn’t get their fat body off the ground, but Dunsparce flies anyway, because he doesn’t care what humans think are impossible. It floated up above the tree line with a dum buzzing sound.

“Let’s see if he can find him...”

“That’s why patience is one of the most important values of all.” He smiled in a splash of relief.

Dunsparce scanned the greenery, the whizzing of his stubby wings the only thing heard. After several seconds, he locked eyes to eyelids with elekid...tussling with some other pokemon.

“Spaaaaaaarce.” Came has coarse voice, as he flew in their direction.

“I think he’s got their location...! Shall we?”

“We shall.” Levi replied enthusiastically, taking off in yet another light run to keep pace with the surprisingly fast Dunsparce.

“You ready for a fight, Rigel?”

“Trapinch!” Rigel replied in a cry of determination, his trainers distress overshadowing his nervous persona.

———

After several minutes of running, Levi and Newt had reached the edge of Seafare City, and needless to say, it was quite a distance.

“It...*huff*...looks like Dunsparce is...*huff*...descending near the edge of Route 1.” Levi noted, his words ragged due to being out of breath.

“Huh....it’s Wynaut!” Upon closer inspection, it became apparent that the Wynaut from earlier saw the commotion and took it upon itself to chase after Elekid, and it looked like the two Pokémon were in the middle of a fight.

“Oh, you decide to catch it huh.” Ken said out loud before looked down towards the Clam Pokemon who now sat on Ellen’s laps, he smiled at it. “I’m glad to see you’re doing alright now.” He said with a slight sigh of relief. He turned it head back towards his own Pokemon. “She alright now Geb.” He called out to his partner who just arrived. Geb gave the newly healed Clamperl a bright smiled with an expression of relief. “Geb got pretty concerned after we fell behind and lost sight of you.” Ken explained. “As for what we got help up on...” Ken looked behind him as a Drowzee caught up with them.

“This Drowzee threw the Tentacool that attacked Nynyve back into the ocean after you guys ran away.” The Drowzee also flashed a smile towards the Clamperl and her new trainer, although his smile looked a lot more unnatural and forced, appearing more creepy than sincere.

Ellen gave the Drowzee a side-long look, choosing not to point out the oddity of its smile. She gave it a nod of thanks, before she returned her focus to Ken.

“Well, I don’t about you, but I think Cordelia and I have earned ourselves some lunch.”

If memory served her correctly, there was a seafood restaurant on the route they’d just taken. The fine specimen of Magikarp that had delivered itself to them would be the perfect way to secure a low-cost meal before they continued about their day.

Ellen returned Nynyve to her pokeball and pressed the wrinkles out of her skirt before backtracking to the restaurant. Upon arrival she slapped the still flopping Magikarp onto the front-desk.

“Do you do fresh cuts?”

"N-nice to meet you as well. Thanks..." Devin said, as Terra seemed to bark and smile at the compliment which was unshocking given Terra was always the outgoing type between the two. Then Rowan seemed to introduce his own partner as Fomantis had a warm greeting and even extended its appendage to Sandra.

"I-I see. How does Fomantis determine that?" Devin asked curiously as Terra looked down as Devin held it and smiled with its tongue out at the Fomantis while looking at the handshake to come.

“It...*gasp*...looks like it...!”

Narrowing down their location, they rounded the corner to see Wynaut and Elekid, tussling over the pad and pen. Wynaut standing still With the pad and pen in it’s mouth while elekid tried to pry it from its grasp. That Wynaut again...! Why is it here?

“What...why are they fighting over it? How did Wynaut even get that far ahead..?!” Newt exclaimed.

Dunsparce touched down at their feet, turning his head back at them, as if asking what it was to do next.

“Sparce!” It Barked

Ken didn't mind the Drowzee's awkward smile and instead walked up to him. "He came up to be a if he wanted to come along so I decided to catch him. I named him 13."

At the mention of food, Ken looked to Geb who was looking at the Magikarp Cordelia was carrying with a look of wonder. "Looks like you're hungry then." He chuckled a bit. "You don't mind we come along right?" Ken returned 13 to its pokeball and ,alongside Geb, followed Ellen to the seafood restaurant.

Ellen booked a table and handed off the Magikarp to the chef. Although she’d kept quiet on the way over, she felt the need to speak up about the most recent issue.

“Thirteen? Really? What terrible naming sense you have. That poor creature...”

She gave Ken a look of disapproval and took her time downing a glass of water the waiter had provided.

Soon after, the main course arrived. Curiously, Ellen lifted the first fillet of fish to her mouth and bite lightly into the tender brown flesh. The taste was...surprisingly good! A cry of bliss came from Cordelia as she too approved of the meal.

The Magikarp’s scales had been served on the side, their almost steely properties making them perfect for slicing cuts off the fish. While Cordelia stuffed herself with her own serving of fish, Ellen decided to make small-talk.

“Well, if you’re going to follow me around, then I might as well get to know you.”