• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Flower Gift, Flower Gift... - Pokemon Trainer Academy RP (DISCUSSION THREAD)

What country/area would you like to see the next Pokemon Region be based off of out of these?

• Total voters
Aye, @Ry_Burst, it is now your turn because the five days have passed. As for you, @Littleblue, it's ay-okay that you missed the first post. When your turn rolls around again, you'll have another chance. ^-^

(I dunno why, but that doesn't sound right in my head. Does it sound mean? I hope not.)

Actually, that reminder was just what I needed. I was planning on doing my first YouTube video today, and I honestly forgot about responding.

When it comes to turns and waiting, I kinda feel like a little Nefilo that's "patiently" sitting down in the Pokémon Center while wanting to get his checkup over with, but the Nurse keeps on delaying it...

Yes, I know that it's very organized here which I love, but waiting is something that I might need to probably work on since I've had moments in past roleplays where me and another person would post in a rally that would go on for hours, sometimes even for numerous pages before someone else posts...

(Too long; didn't read: Patience is something that I will most likely need to work on since it drives me to post with another friend that lasts for a significant amount of time.)

Umm, honestly I kinda forgot since I've been busy to the point where I thought that it was going to take five years for me to come up...

Yeah, I might need to either need to deploy up a gigantic post or something since I haven't came back as much after thinking... *gulp*

The other thing is that I haven't been getting alerts here, which pretty much tops it off....

Hey @Hisseki , I know the RP isn't open, but can I be like a reserve if someone happens to drop the RP? I'm interested in this and like to test out a new character I got. So in case of someone dropping this, could i be next in line?

Hmmm... it seems that @DullDeity and @Littleblue have both been quite inactive for at least a five day period, as seen by their statuses.

What do you propose we do, if anything, about this? I don't want to be/seem mean to them, so I want to call a discussion, so to speak, on what we - or I, depending - should do about this. Should we continue waiting for them? Should we scrap waiting altogether and drop them? (That's the meaner option.) Should we just skip them until they're on again and continue the turn order that way? Is there an option I have yet to think of?...

Find out next time, on Dragon Ball Z Kai~!!!

... ... ... ... ... Okay but really, weeb trash aside, I want to know what should be done about their inactivity, and I don't want to sound tyrannical and mean.

What I usually do if someone has been inactive is to give them three to five days after tagging them saying that they will be kicked if they do not respond.

With @Littleblue , their last active date is Very close to the day they joined, being only eight days. I'd say they have dropped Pokecharms altogether if they only used it for around eight days.

However with @DullDeity , it has only been four days since they last used Pokecharms and they have been using it for much longer too, so I think they should be given more of a chance for that reason.

@Hisseki It's the method I use at least to see if someone is going to become an active Pokecharms user, just see how long they have been using it.

Personally, if they never even responded on the RP itself, I wouldn't even consider them a member until they have contributed

What I usually do if someone has been inactive is to give them three to five days after tagging them saying that they will be kicked if they do not respond.

With @Littleblue , their last active date is Very close to the day they joined, being only eight days. I'd say they have dropped Pokecharms altogether if they only used it for around eight days.

However with @DullDeity , it has only been four days since they last used Pokecharms and they have been using it for much longer too, so I think they should be given more of a chance for that reason.

@Hisseki It's the method I use at least to see if someone is going to become an active Pokecharms user, just see how long they have been using it.

Personally, if they never even responded on the RP itself, I wouldn't even consider them a member until they have contributed
Alright, thank you. If push comes to shove, they'll be kicked from the RP. I don't want them to think that I'm mean, there is a legitimate reason for me doing this if I have to. I'll message them directly, informing them of the consequence. In the mean time, should I take my turn? Because it would be my turn considering @Charlespark missed his turn and @DullDeity is one of the inactive people.

(So, not done with the History. It kinda turned into a story, so I'd like to finish it. Still, here it is. @Hisseki your choice when to accept it.)

Name: Whyne (Said Wine)

Nickname(s): N/A

Age: 11 ( Technically 10, but due to home region being Johto which is similar to china, birth age is 1, not 0)

Romantic Orientation: Heterosexual

Personality:
At the very first thought, Whyne could recollect, he knew he was destined for greatness. Whyne has a habit of disregarding others if they interfere with his goals. However, Whyne happens to care for others deeply. He doesn't happen to realize that he is brushing others aside. Whyne is an introvert, but mildly. On a percentage scale, somewhere near the 55I/45E range. Whyne has trouble warming up to people, but when he does most people would consider him a valuable and loyal friend.

Whyne is reserved and tends to think before he acts. He can sometimes forget that other people have feelings and say things that can get a little bit on their nerves. He means well by it as he believes the truth should be told. If someone can get past this fact, he can be a very good friend to others. He is a bit quieter than most people, but by no means is he shy. He just happens to not have that much to say. Similar to his brother, he has a huge heart for Pokemon.

Appearance:
Whyne stands at approximately 5’6” , which is relatively tall for his age. He has short rusty bronze hair and shiny bronze eyes. He has a slightly thinner body type. He has a small beard that was starting to come in, but it was just a few hairs. Whyne has a relatively moderate stamina, so he has a fit look to him, but in no way is muscular.

Hobbies: Whyne likes to play music on his guitar from time to time. He also likes to play board games. He enjoys making food for others and will regularly make food for his Pokemon, Cilantro.

Likes: Making food, Reading, Board Games, Guitar, Adventure

Dislikes: Battle, Shrill noises, the color purple, bubbly soda’s, sour food, himself being submissive, being self-conscious

Goal: Hey, I’m just a kid. I don’t know, Explorer?

History: Whyne’s Parents moved from the Region of Sinnoh to Violet City Johto while his mother was pregnant with their first born child, Ahnoah. After Ahnoah learned that his parents would prevent him from ever going on his journey, he ran away from home, never to be seen during Whyne’s early life. His parents trying to prevent this from their next child hid any remnants of him that he left.

By the time Ahnoah was Sixteen and gone for five years, Whyne was born. As a baby, he showed many traits similar to his brother, but many that contrasted with his brother too. Appearance wise, it could be like they are looking into a mirror that aged himself. A strong love for Pokemon too was apparent in him, just like his brother.

About when Whyne was seven, it was made clear that he almost a counterpart to his brother. He was quieter, a bit reserved, and didn’t stand up to authority. He longed to have a Pokemon of his own, but after the experience, his parents had with Ahnoah, they would not give him one. That didn’t stop him from asking almost daily. This would continue until he reached eleven, and the day Ahnoah returned back home.

Whyne heard a knock on the door one day and went to answer it. When he did, the man at the door looked down at him with confusion, and the same went for Whyne.

“Who are you?” Ahnoah asked. All of Ahnoah’s Pokemon stood behind him. An Arcanine, Sylveon, Zoroark, Staraptor, Serperior, and Floatzel.
To an eleven year old, a man questioning who you are with an army behind him can seem a bit threatening. Whyne ran away from the door and went to get his parents. When they returned back, they saw their long lost child standing in the middle of their living room, all grown up at the age of twenty-seven.

His mother was happy to see Ahnoah, but it was clear that his father had a distaste was in him. After the big bear hug, Whyne spoke up in his confusion.

“Wait...Who is this?” Whyne asked

“Same goes for me, who’s that?” Ahnoah asked.

Their Mom paused for a moment, as she didn’t know what to say. She kept a secret from him so long, that telling him to know could rock his world. But she knew what she had to do.

“This is...This is your brother.” said their Mom.

For Ahnoah, this was very believable. He has been gone for almost ten years at this point, so of course, life could happen and he has a brother. For Whyne, however, he was filled with shock beyond belief. Never once has he even heard about or even seen traces of his brother.

“So, I got a little bro, huh. Well, I’m Ahnoah. I just travel around, well, until now. I came to say that I bought a house in Kalos. I felt like it would be wrong to keep you guys out on that and all. I just wanted you to know that I proved you both wrong and survived out there in the world. Speaking of which, uh, little me, how old are ya?” Ahnoah asked

Whyne was a little bit caught up in the fact that he has a brother that he didn’t know about all of his life. There were many questions he wanted to ask, but it seemed like he wasn’t going to stay there long. He didn’t seem to have a bag or anything, so it looked like he would have to make it quick.

“Uh...Ten. Now, why didn’t know about him earlier?” Whyne asked.

Ahnoah seemed a bit confused by this. Of course, they told him that he had a brother, right? When Ahnoah thought about it a little more, it made sense. He was a bit of a problematic child, but that was no reason to hide his existence to his very own brother. Then it occurred to Ahnoah, they were hiding the fact that not only did Ahnoah run away, but it was evident that he became successful. They pushed Ahnoah to be the heir to the family business after all. They were trying to ensure that Whyne here wouldn’t get any idea’s from Ahnoah and become just like him.

“I think they were hiding my existence because I ran away and my life became, well, better then I thought it was before,” Ahnoah said.

This seemed to trigger something with Whyne’s dad. Everything that they have been working for has just been shattered. Whyne was naturally like Ahnoah, so Whyne’s mom knew it would come down to this for him one day. However, Whyne’s dad had prepared something for this day too, a way to keep him home. A Pokemon of his own to take on Whyne’s if he ever attempted to run off. However, this Pokemon’s purpose wouldn’t be to keep the family in check but to make sure Ahnoah couldn’t ‘corrupt’ Whyne.

“Ahnoah, you are not going to stay here any further. Leave now, or face the consequences,” said Whyne’s dad.

He sent out of a Pokeball a Mightyena. This Pokemon has been used in somewhat of secret. At least from Whyne’s eyes. They don’t need him getting his hands on any ‘Weapons’ that can be used against him.

Ahnoah let out a slight chuckle. He realized the situation that he was not in, but Whyne’s. Whyne was to be prevented from exploring the region, the world. Instead, his entire life would be to improve the business, everything about the business. He would live it, breathe it, absorb it, until nothing would be left of himself, just a husk of a child.

“Right, you are going to drive me out. I see what you are doing, you’re trying to get me outta here before I can Hopefully inspire him to do the same as me. Well, if you think you can just keep ‘em in here for the rest of your life, well, let’s just say he should be happy to have a brother like me.” Ahnoah said.

Whyne could tell where this was going and stepped out of the way between Ahnoah and his dad with Whyne’s mother the following suit. Ahnoah snapped twice, and Tiberius, the dog Ahnoah’s parents gave to him as a gift, the Pokemon that allowed him to escape, the person who Ahnoah knew he could always fall back on, entered. Tiberius was an Arcanine of enormous size, well over Ahnoah’s height by around a foot.

Just by the very act of choosing Tiberius was an emotional blow for Whyne’s parents. It went to show just how far Ahnoah had come on his journey. The small puppy that destroyed nearly anything he came into contact to was no more. Now, Ahnoah had a well trained, loving, loyal, and fearsome Pokemon.

“Got anything to say before we get started, Tiberius?” Ahnoah said, scratching the side of his loyal companion.

Tiberius merely let out a small grunt, as he wasn’t much for words. Trying to catch Ahnoah and Tiberius off guard, the Mightyena lunged at Tiberius. The Mightyena managed to get off a bite on Tiberius’ leg, but Tiberius was nearly unphased. This matchup is nearly 100:0 in Tiberius’ favor. It was all thanks to experience. After Ahnoah’s travels, it would be surprising if his Pokemon were not all over the level of 60. However, this Mightyena probably only had at most, 30 levels under its belt.

Tiberius raised the leg that had been bitten by the Mightyena, pulling the Mightyena into the air due to its unrelenting grip, and slammed it onto the floor. The Mightyena lost its grip and Tiberius caught it in his jaws and flung it right back over to Whyne’s dad. The Mightyena got up and did a sprint up the stairs of the house yelping.

“Honestly, you think you had a chance in this match? Tiberius has gone up against Pokemon the likes of Champions, Kings, Legends, and you think you have even the slightest chance of winning.” Ahnoah was not boastful in this statement. It was meant in full anger. Whyne’s father still treated him like a child and thought he was no more competent than the everyday youngster. Ahnoah has done things that could even amount to legendary trainers such as Red or Gold. Granted, not on such a big scale, but still something that has the possibilities of rivaling the greats.

Whyne’s father was almost impressed with the fact that he was defeated so easily if he wasn’t blinded by his own rage. He stormed up the stairs to get the Mightyena. After all, all Tiberius did was flail him around a bit like a rag doll.

“Look, I know you just met me and all, but if you are anything like me, you are going to want to pack your bags. Or maybe you do want to continue this family business, who knows. But if you really want to see the world for what its worth, you are going to want to pack your bags, ‘cause I don’t think you’re going to any other chance than now.” Ahnoah said.

He was right after all, not only was he like Ahnoah for his affinity to explore the world, but this was his only chance. If he did want to start his journey, he would need a Pokemon but Whyne’s dad would strip it from him before he even got a chance to take a step out of that door.
“Wouldn’t that count as kidnapping?” Whyne asked.

Their mother went over to Whyne and gave him a big hug and a kiss on the forehead. With a single tear running down her face, she whispered to him ‘Go, be more than this place. Be like...Him”.

With that, Whyne packed the few things he held dear to him. One of which was a Heal Ball which must have fallen out of a trainer's bag, because it was in perfect condition. The other things were a guitar and a necklace.

When Whyne left the house, he saw Ahnoah riding Tiberius like a man rides a horse. Whyne stood there a bit confused, almost scratching his head.

“Well, Whaddya waitin for? Lati is gonna get restless if we don’t get a move on, She’s probably going to be waiting an extra thirty mins ‘cause I’ve been running a bit behind. ” Ahnoah said.

Reluctantly, Whyne hopped on Tiberius’ back, which was pretty comfortable due to the amount of fur he had on his body. It cushioned the movement from Tiberius, which made for a pretty decent ride.

“So...you normally just leave all your Pokemon out like this?” Whyne asked.

All of Ahnoah’s Pokemon were following right behind Tiberius. They all seemed like they’ve been lacking a bit of sleep because even the chatty Stardom was too pooped to talk to Ahnoah’s new travel buddy.

“Yea, I don’t really like popping them into a Pokeball, I see it as a bit demeaning, you know? Kinda makes me feel I’m treating like tools, not equals. Speaking of Pokemon, you got one in that ball of yours?” Ahnoah said.

“No...they would just take the Pokemon from me, so I was saving it for when the time was right.” Said Whyne.

“Well, when we get to Kalos, like to put a Pokemon in it?”

“Really?”

“It’s the start of your adventure, of course. I got a Pokemon in mind that you can get too. How’s an Eevee sound?”

“I...I think that sounds great. Thank you, for well, making sure I am able to do what I want with my life. Even though we just met, it seems like you’ve known me forever.”

“I kinda saw myself in you. I know how crazy I’d get if I was cooped up in that house for the rest of my life. Now I got me a nice house of my own. I could give you some starter supplies and such for your journey while you’re there. Teach ‘ya a few tricks that me and one other person know. Well, at least I think only me.”

“Is there a catch or anything?”

“Just make sure you don’t go off and join an evil team or I won't have to hunt ya down and knock some sense into you.”

Relationship Status: Single
Hometown and Region: Johto, Violet City

Partner: Leafeon
Partner Name: Cilantro
Partner Gender: Male
Partner History: Obtained as a gift from his older brother, he still had to catch Cilantro as an Eevee himself. He did so by simply befriending the Eevee, similar to what his older brother did.
Differences in Appearance:
Leaves on head and tail more closely resemble the leaves of a cilantro plant.

Last edited:
As evidenced by the above post, Silver-Solis will be joining us now. They will go after spookyscary because of their time zone, and it @Littleblue does not log back into Charms by this Saturday, they will unfortunately be removed.

(please don't think of this as mean or rude!)

Doh, sorry guys. I'm kinda tired thanks to not getting sleep, but I'm not gonna pin this screw-up on that. Whoops... I'll try not to mess up that badly from here on out! XD

If I do slip up, please notify me. I won't be mad, I make mistakes a bit more frequently than the average person... in my own eyes at least. XD

@Hisseki I have an idea for a rule that should be used in order to preserve the RP's lifespan. At the beginning or end of our post on RP, we should tag the next person in the cycle. This will make sure that they will get the notification and no one will have excuses for not posting.

Also, @spookyscary hasn't been on for three days, is it safe to take turn now, or give it 4 hours from this post?

@Hisseki I have an idea for a rule that should be used in order to preserve the RP's lifespan. At the beginning or end of our post on RP, we should tag the next person in the cycle. This will make sure that they will get the notification and no one will have excuses for not posting.

Also, @spookyscary hasn't been on for three days, is it safe to take turn now, or give it 4 hours from this post?
Oh, I do like that rule. Makes sure people are notified. I'm not surprised I didn't think of that. XD

As for spookyscary, I think we should wait. I don't believe her 5-day time limit is up, and I don't want to just snatch her turn away.

@Hisseki it's been 24 hours since @Excaliburqueen has posted. Is it safe to take my turn now???
(Update) It's been five days, so I'm taking my turn now. If you think I should not when you log back in, then I'll just delete the post. I also have a habit of tagging everyone related in that post. So I'm pretty much going to tag everyone. Welp, here we go

Last edited:
@Hisseki I know that this your plan is organized, but there is a flaw. People in the RP want to interact with each other, but they have to wait for their turn, and because of that they can't really interact. IDK, maybe it's just me.