• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also just so you know, Clockwerk’s eyes usually paralyze foes with fear, or can even immobilize them entirely. The explanation works for now, but now that you know this for the future

That isn't gonna work with Hiro. He's been through a lot in his own series and in fact one of the first things he learned from Master Kairi was to block out that fear and intimidation.

Besides it did nothing to Sly.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
That isn't gonna work with Hiro. He's been through a lot in his own series and in fact one of the first things he learned from Master Kairi was to block out that fear and intimidation.

Besides it did nothing to Sly.

It actually paralyzed an entire crew of a ship besides sly, who for some reason is immune. I’m not quite sure how that works or do the developers know...*shrugs*

And true he’s been through things, but a reference to this ability would be appreciated lol

@Godjacob

Also a question: how much can Hiro cut through with that blade?

The Keyblade in canon can slice clean through buildings (Xemnas boss fight) and the only time a Keyblade was shown to break in canon was the incomplete X-Blade after Vanitas was beaten (By another Keyblade Wielder)

In Infinity Rift, it can trade blows with a lightsaber and can cut through most known materials. Without the heat boost mind you.

In Infinity Rift, it can trade blows with a lightsaber and can cut through most known materials. Without the heat boost mind you.
Which even the lightsabers have limits, like against blast doors, ray shields, etc. clockwerk’s Armor is by all intents and purposes: inpenetrable. It however can be removed by destroying it’s internal couplings. Like in the boss fight you first had to create gaps in his armor to shoot through, otherwise missiles simply explode and do nothing.

So how would you think it would effect hitting clockwerk’s Immortal armor?

Which even the lightsabers have limits, like against blast doors, ray shields, etc. clockwerk’s Armor is by all intents and purposes: inpenetrable. It however can be removed by destroying it’s internal couplings. Like in the boss fight you first had to create gaps in his armor to shoot through, otherwise missiles simply explode and do nothing.

So how would you think it would effect hitting clockwerk’s Immortal armor?

Considering Sly with a jetpack gun was able to do damage to it I'd imagine Hiro's Keyblade can do damage to it. He should not just shrug off the blows like they are nothing.

Considering Sly with a jetpack gun was able to do damage to it I'd imagine Hiro's Keyblade can do damage to it. He should not just shrug off the blows like they are nothing.

The missiles actually do nothing to him unless the gaps in the armor are revealed, hence sly is actually attacking the internals that hold the armor in place

I agree he shouldn’t shrug off blows, but I’m just trying to find an estimate on how much it would do

The missiles actually do nothing to him unless the gaps in the armor are revealed, hence sly is actually attacking the internals that hold the armor in place

I agree he shouldn’t shrug off blows, but I’m just trying to find an estimate on how much it would do

He literally shoots him out of the sky and damages him to the point where he needs to stall for his "auto reconstruction" to take place at which point he bashes his head in with his staff to kill him.

I'd say it should cur through his armor between the Keyblade's cutting power and the heated flame boost.

He literally shoots him out of the sky and damages him to the point where he needs to stall for his "auto reconstruction" to take place at which point he bashes his head in with his staff to kill him.

I'd say it should cur through his armor between the Keyblade's cutting power and the heated flame boost.

Timestamp 0:00-0:18

You see, even after the first game, all the way to the second game the Clockwerk parts remained perfectly intact, not so much as a scratch. Even when he was defeated. His armor cannot be damaged, but the couplings and internals of Clockwerk can be unhinged and detached.

Cutting power doesn’t do anything towards the armor itself. The goals is hitting through to what’s holding him together

There's a world of difference between the weapons of Sly Cooper vs. Hiro's Keyblade.

I'm not saying it would one shot him or anything but to imply the Keyblade would do nothing to it feels like too much.

Perhaps it gets the general grievous treatement and creates gaps in his armor or openings to attack from rather than damage?

Because he DID survive being pelted at by hundreds of rockets, submerged in lava for several months and then an explosion that took out an airship and still didn’t have as much as a scratch

Because he DID survive being pelted at by hundreds of rockets, submerged in lava for several months and then an explosion that took out an airship and still didn’t have as much as a scratch

"Hundreds of rockets" feels like an exaggeration based on that boss fight. And being reduced to pieces and defeated is not "without a scratch."

Perhaps it gets the general grievous treatement and creates gaps in his armor or openings to attack from rather than damage?

Maybe you can add that some initial contact from the Keyblade cuts into the surface layer of the armor which surprises Clockwrek? IDK I just don't want the Keyblade with a Fire Boost Spell being less effect then the backpack weapon of a thief.

Mokko

Previously Blatant Mokery
Hey, uh, @Pro Hero Dekiru when I said don’t auto Maxwell’s creatures too hard, that was... basically a request for them all to not to be defeated in one post before anyone else can react.
Also, uh... I don’t think throwing things into walls really counts as ‘sparing’...

"Hundreds of rockets" feels like an exaggeration based on that boss fight. And being reduced to pieces and defeated is not "without a scratch."

I mean...You can pelt at him all you want with the missiles in the fight and it does 0% damage at all unless you reveal the gaps in the armor.

And yes, he was disassembled and defeated. But his armor still remained as if he had never took any damage at all

Maybe you can add that some initial contact from the Keyblade cuts into the surface layer of the armor which surprises Clockwrek? IDK I just don't want the Keyblade with a Fire Boost Spell being less effect then the backpack weapon of a thief.

Hmmm that could work.

But just so you know, if sly was alone just him against Clockwerk with that missile pack, he would not have done any damage to Clockwerk whatsoever

Hmmm that could work.

But just so you know, if sly was alone just him against Clockwerk with that missile pack, he would not have done any damage to Clockwerk whatsoever

My point is you are equating Hiro's Keyblade's cutting power to Sly Cooper's backpack missiles (Which are not cutting based weapons) which I take issue with.

My point is you are equating Hiro's Keyblade's cutting power to Sly Cooper's backpack missiles (Which are not cutting based weapons) which I take issue with.
I’m not equating them in any capacity, because sly did no damage whatsoever to his armor through the entire fight.

In the second game after they fished the parts out from sitting in lava for months they were 100% intact. Even when clockwerk exploded violently from the inside, disconnecting every part of his body each part remained intact as well. His whole thing is massive durability

I’m not equating them in any capacity, because sly did no damage whatsoever to his armor through the entire fight.

He knocked Clockwrek's eye off, shot him out of the sky and damaged him enough for Clockwreck to have to engage the "auto reconstruction" bits and he did do damage. The Health Bar of Clockwreck didn't stay red all the way and went down behind each shot.

He's not invincible.

He knocked Clockwrek's eye off, shot him out of the sky and damaged him enough for Clockwreck to have to engage the "auto reconstruction" bits and he did do damage. The Health Bar of Clockwreck didn't stay red all the way and went down behind each shot.

He's not invincible.

The knocking his eye off part was due to his armor beings essentially broken off at that point. The first two phases of that fight is primarily disconnecting the armor segments to attack the exposed bits underneat

Health bar? Health bar is a boss fight mechanic. Just because someone has a health bar doesn’t mean their armor is easy to crack. His health bar went down 3 times in that fight, doesn’t mean his armor shattered 3 times

auto reconstruction
Reattaching segments, just how apreggio explained in the second game. Sly even remarked in the opening that he was a fool to think that the first game’s boss fight would even come close to ending Clockwerk

I'm fairly sure that Keyblades are physical magic. Since they are connected to the heart, can spurn out of thin air, and the such.

So I'd say that the Keyblade itself is unbreakable. You'd have to do something to the Heart to actually break it (See the X-Blade shattering once Ventus vanquished Vanitas). So you'd need to be a Kingdom Hearts villain, essentially.

Sly messed Clockwerk up. He was in such a state that he alone could not reconstruct himself. Armor or not Clockwerk is defeatable, though it does seem difficult. Now killing Clockwerk is another question entirely. I think it'd be fine if Hiro does damage Clockwerk, because right now we are in a state where you like throwing villains at us who continually get away unscathed. Clockwerk will be fine and I'm sure we can see him again soon. Even if we do break him apart, nothing is stopping Specter from picking him back up once the intruders are dealt with.

I mean, it's pretty boring to fight Mr. "I can possess people with my eyes and also am INVINCIBLE!!1".

think it'd be fine if Hiro does damage Clockwerk, because right now we are in a state where you like throwing villains at us who continually get away unscathed.
Every creature and monster I’ve thrown at you has been destroyed or broken down. Timeman is the only exception to the rule, as he’s kinda like the star scream of this Think tank. Attacking and retreating quickly, albeit he does show heavy damage when defeated.

Even if we do break him apart, nothing is stopping Specter from picking him back up once the intruders are dealt with.
This is true, I never said he was invincible. I was saying that attacking the armor is a bad move, and the armor is his strongsuit

I mean, it's pretty boring to fight Mr. "I can possess people with my eyes and also am INVINCIBLE!!1".
Just means you should avoid the eyes and that the armor cannot be penetrated to any high degree. You would have to work around it

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
someone who becomes possessed by Clockwerk. is this permanent? i'm betting on no, but i was thinking of poor Chief hangin' back at the entryway to lose control of himself for a little, though it really depends.

but he’s literally just a computer inside of armour.

Okay let me be more clear about this:

Your aiming direct fire toward his Exoskeleton. His ExoSkeleton is the strongest part of his body. Just like how its easier to defeat a speeding train by disconnecting it’s segements (crude example, but closest I could one up with)

His internals are what keep him fluidly moving. If you could get past the armor and attack these connectors the armored plates would fall off, not be destroyed

Every creature and monster I’ve thrown at you has been destroyed or broken down. Timeman is the only exception to the rule, as he’s kinda like the star scream of this Think tank. Attacking and retreating quickly, albeit he does show heavy damage when defeated.
Those weren't villains though. They were mindless drones of Specter with the personality of a rock. I'm not saying we need to 100% destroy these guys, it just be nice to know their cockiness backfired. Timeman slips away uninjured, mildly annoyed, while Specter sits back stroking his non existent beard like he's a mastermind.
I was saying that attacking the armor is a bad move, and the armor is his strongsuit
There should still be something done. Maybe he's pushed back. His armors not broken but he's surprised at the fact he was still pushed away.

someone who becomes possessed by Clockwerk. is this permanent? i'm betting on no, but i was thinking of poor Chief hangin' back at the entryway to lose control of himself for a little, though it really depends.
Oh no it’s not permanent. It’s a temporary daze/paralyze effect. Depending on what clockwerk is aiming for

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Oh no it’s not permanent. It’s a temporary daze/paralyze effect. Depending on what clockwerk is aiming for
so if he wanted to, he could force Chief to turn on his allies? because that's literally the only thing that could make Chief do something in this fight, since he's entirely useless against Clockwerk, if he really is what you crack him up to be.

Those weren't villains though. They were mindless drones of Specter with the personality of a rock. I'm not saying we need to 100% destroy these guys, it just be nice to know their cockiness backfired. Timeman slips away uninjured, mildly annoyed, while Specter sits back stroking his non existent beard like he's a mastermind.

I think that became clear when you not only fought through his fortress, but all the way up to the point where you boarded his ship. This was far from his plan A, but Specter is a Smug creature, which I highlighted with Timeman being irritated that he was calm through all of this

so if he wanted to, he could force Chief to turn on his allies? because that's literally the only thing that could make Chief do something in this fight, since he's entirely useless against Clockwerk, if he really is what you crack him up to be.

Hey that’s a creative idea...! I like it. You can auto some specter drones to be used as Master cheif’s Footing in the freefall if you like

If Chief and Hiro get controlled, Cut Man's going to REALLY need to step up his game...
Wait.
Cut Man frees Elec Man, and in that time Hiro and Master Chief get controlled.
Cut Man copies the Item data and gives it to Elec Man.
Hunter handles Master Chief while Cut Man takes on Hiro and Elec Man blasts Clockwerk.
Elec Man's probably the best option to handle Clockwerk tbh because of how Thunder Beam works.
This could be interesting!

If Chief and Hiro get controlled, Cut Man's going to REALLY need to step up his game...
Wait.
Hunter handles Master Chief while Cut Man takes on Hiro and Elec Man blasts Clockwerk.
Elec Man's probably the best option to handle Clockwerk tbh because of how Thunder Beam works.

I mean let's wait to see Clockwreck try before we decide that Hiro gets controlled. I just want a dreamscape scene where I don't talk to myself.

Wait.

Elecman is the prime weakness for Clcokwerk outside Hiro, you are absolutely right...but one flaw with this plan...

Elecman is captured and recessed into the ship, currently progressing through the decks

and recessed into the ship
Fuck.
I missed this part.
Uhhhhhhh chase down his signal? It should be some sort of tunnel, so Cut Man can slash his way through to Elec.
The fight is young guys, there’s plenty of time to try things ;)
yeah see thing is i think everyone but you kinda just wants to get to specter and kick his smug face in already

Oh btw... we're almost done with the Warzone, guys! Erza's final attack just finished off Bershov, as will be revealed in my next post, and Galleom is pretty much down. It'll just take one more post for him to be polished off.
Meanwhile, in terms of the relative timeline when it comes to the Warzone, Yang just broke her handcuffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.