• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Yes.
Yes, I am absolutely saying that.
In fact, I actually plan to have Chris as one of the main six cast members in the Sonic fancomic I'm working on, Sonic: Eye of the Storm. Why? Because I have confidence he can be a good character with a few changes.
1) Adult Chris is being used, because he has a lot more potential.
2) The Sonic obsession is gone completely.
3) When Chris gets his moments, they're HIS moments, not ones he steals from someone else. Like outwitting G.U.N. Commander Hugo Brass.
4) Gadgets, lots of them.
5) He actually focuses on his friends like a real person and uses his family's richness to benefit the Resistance.
Tl;dr, when I write Chris, I write a competent adult with the cash to make whatever the hell he needs for the mission, and the brains to back it up.

So basically the custom character for forces except Chris?

I'm just saying who you are describing is not Chris. Like at all. They are nothing alike so it's not just tweaking out the flaws with one but rather just making a new character with his name and face template on it IMO.

But I do with you the best of luck with it.

Anyway got lunch, be back to (Hopefully) have my draft done and good to post.

...no? It's taking the best and removing the worst.
It's like saying a character can't change because they grew up-
Oh wait.
That's how you feel about Raditz, too.
Hm.

...no? It's taking the best and removing the worst.
It's like saying a character can't change because they grew up-
Oh wait.
That's how you feel about Raditz, too.
Hm.

Raditz is a different can of worms.

But that's a topic for another day. Got lunch. Be back soon hope my post will make things interesting~

Here's a better description, with spoilers involved; in Black Clover, the world uses magic as its primary tool; magic is always on hand. People call their magic using special magical books called grimoires. Asta was born with no magic at all into a world where magic was everything. As such, he was reduced only to physical capabilities.
So instead of magic, he was given a beat-up old grimoire with only one spell at the time; he could summon one giant sword, later identified as the Demon Slayer Sword.
The sword itself is extremely heavy, and the point is the only sharp object on it. However, the sword could cut through any and all magic abilities. it could cut through magic, break through magic shields, and even be used as a shield itself. Later on, to defeat someone who took advantage of the heaviness of his sword, Asta found a second sword deep inside of a magic dungeon, later identified as the Demon Dweller Sword.
This second sword was still incredibly heavy, but not even close to the first. Yeah, they're both incredibly heavy weapons, yet Asta carries these things around, almost like it's nothing. Despite his strength, he occasionally complained on the Demon Slayer's weight. The second sword was smaller, and could do everything the Demon Slayer Sword could. It could cancel out magic, all in a better-sized package. It was also blunt everywhere except for the tip, just like the first sword. But the second sword came with a bonus.
The second sword could absorb magic, besides canceling it out.
It had an idle ability where anybody touching it would have their magic sapped continuously, if they had magic at all.
Magic users could also share magic with Asta.
Close allies that considers Asta a friend found that their connection would allow the Demon Dweller Sword to borrow their magic and use it offensively, proceeding to light up with that magic's color. He's done this using Water Magic, as well as Mirror Magic.
The sword would light up, and he could still use it as a melee weapon, but he could also fire a powerful Sword Beam consuming all of the magic the sword had borrowed. As a plus, borrowing magic wouldn't consume magic from said user.
Aside from his weapons, Asta was also taught how to sense physical life energy called ki, but he can't move or manipulate it. Only sense it.
...So he's just a lame Guts.

Well, I suppose most anime protagonists are just lame variants of Guts.

Well, his presence doesn't bother me, since sans the Hunter no one in my cast uses magic, and even he tenuously uses "magic". I remember watching a video a million years ago on why Black Clover was bad/mediocre, but all I recall is him being really annoying with his screaming.

Oh by the way, thought I should inform you guys - Comic and I have decided to take Red (me), Blue (Comic) and Green (me) as characters for the sequel - original versions, but mostly based off of Pokemon Adventures.

Oh no, I'm giving Red his Charizard. Though I was debating giving him Blastoise instead...

Lemme check my sequel cast real quick. Ruby Rose, Joseph Joestar, Jotaro Kujo, Jean Pierre Polnareff, Tony Stark, ###### ######, Phoenix Wright, Maya Fey, Miles Edgeworth, Dick Gumshoe, Hope van Dyne, Alpha, Flamegirl, Nylocke, Nathan McAllen, Shantae, Hat Kid, Maple, Quill, Red, Green, the villains...
i may have a problem with big casts.

Oh no, I'm giving Red his Charizard. Though I was debating giving him Blastoise instead...

Okay seriously is it so wrong to just go with Red-Charizard, Blue-Blastoise and Green-Venusaur? It's consistent and is thematically fitting given what their names represent.

And yeah I can relate to you. Do it in all the RPs I am in not just the Fiction ones XD

Well true. But we've had media with Red having Charizard and Venosaur, plus the name for the series I plan to write about this version of Red is named AquaBlue... Is it so bad I wanted my favorite starter in Red's hands too? ;-;

Well true. But we've had media with Red having Charizard and Venosaur, plus the name for the series I plan to write about this version of Red is named AquaBlue... Is it so bad I wanted my favorite starter in Red's hands too? ;-;

If his name was AquaBlue then no, no it wouldn't. I am just going off confusion between the character names and their starters nothing more.

Though seriously In-Universe what kind of parents name Pokemon characters these kind of names? Who picks "Green" as a name for their kid XD

...i personally liked May/Sapphire the most.

That's fair. I just liked Dawn cause I felt her Contest Arc was stronger than May's and she got more focus which I appreciate. But to each his own.

The only questionable Poke-Girl Opinion I have is that Iris & Misty are the same and if you like Misty but hate Iris you are being purely hypocritical.

MarriedRemarkableHind-small.gif

tumblr_nt0z79lP921tf8d7eo1_500.gif

IllustriousPopularCirriped-size_restricted.gif

giphy.gif

1b7110a70ecb9a34c3d3c65bab4bddd5.gif

FSh2.gif

tumblr_mwqutd3HJS1ruyj56o2_500.gif

bff.gif

Best character development.
Best interactions.
Best backstory.
Best non-competitive Pokemon team.
And the cherry on top?
16%2B-%2B1

She actually got the kiss.
Best Pokemon anime girl.
Fight me.
in all reality tho i 100% respect your opinions but i believe that serena is objectively the best female companion the anime has ever had

Eh, I respect your opinion but I just....can't agree. Not a fan of the fact it took Serena 100 or so episodes to decide on a goal for herself and felt her backstory seemed....forced in the anime's continuity and Ash's backstory.

But there is plenty to like and I don't hate her by any means, I just felt Dawn is stronger. But opinions are just that....opinions. I'd pull out Dawn gifs to fight back but I don't want to lag this thread XD

C'mon Godjacob, she's, what, 11? Girl needs time to figure out her life goals. Doubt you were able to figure them out lickety split.
Plus, the backstory didn't feel forced to me. With how it was introduced, it felt natural. Like a small story beat we never got to explore in the old anime seasons. Also Ash has backstory now.
None of the girls can match Serena in my eyes due to just how much she has going for her, but maybe that's because I feel like X&Y in general is the top the anime has ever reached in terms of quality.

None of the girls can match Serena in my eyes due to just how much she has going for her, but maybe that's because I feel like X&Y in general is the top the anime has ever reached in terms of quality.

X&Y is fantastic. Till the ending, at which point I got a resounding FU for having the audacity for getting invested in it as much as I did with how that battle played out. Same with Sinnoh now that I think about it.

Oh yeah Ash got hardcore robbed in that final fight. I like Alain but he didn't deserve to win that. Having Ash win the Kalos League would've been the perfect conclusion to Ash's story across the anime in its entirety in the best season it's ever had.

Oh yeah Ash got hardcore robbed in that final fight. I like Alain but he didn't deserve to win that. Having Ash win the Kalos League would've been the perfect conclusion to Ash's story across the anime in its entirety in the best season it's ever had.

Alain is the second worst character in the anime. Behind Tobias.

I personally always liked Malva, though I'm clearly in the minority. Maybe it's because she's the only interesting trainer, personality wise, you fight in the game.

But uh, this isn't a Poke-Waif argument.

*inhales deeply*
*exhales deeply*
No. No he is not.
Yeah, I suppose your right.

He's got the big sword of Guts and dropped everything else interesting.

I dunno, just him being a spiky haired anime boy when we've got Goku, the defining spiky haired anime boy, and also being made to screw over a specific sect of people. It feels less there because he's interesting and more because it's a "GUESS WHAT NEW GUY CAN SCREW HALF THE CAST LOL". Though I mean, Goku and Thor can do that too lol, so it's probably just a stupid bias of mine. :p

All in all, I feel additions should be made for interesting relationships to be built, not because how strong they are. But Asta's not in the RP yet, so we'll see when we get to him.

...Man, it just feels so long ago when Specter first showed up when Doomslayer was having his little spats. And we're still here. Fighting Specter :p Or at the least allies of Specter.

Honestly I know that I'd enjoy the Sun and Moon anime if I got to the parts where major things happen, but I just can't reach it without a consistent plot. This is why it's hard for me to watch episode-by-episode shows for the most part, really. If there's not a consistent plot, it can't draw me in as well. It's probs why I like RPGs.

All in all, I feel additions should be made for interesting relationships to be built, not because how strong they are. But Asta's not in the RP yet, so we'll see when we get to him.
This is my logic, from Silver to Nathan to Ruby to Cosmo.

To be fair I could cause some progress but I am waiting on a Lancelot reaction. Draft is saved and ready to post outside of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.