• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. A lot of our cast uses magic as a primary or secondary weapon. Asta's primary weapon is ANTI-Magic. Those two swords can cancel out, slice through, cut open, deflect, and block any and all types of arcane except for anti-magic.
Question, would this consider stuff like Silver's psychokinesis? Or stuff like Ness/Lucas's PSI?

Since technically those aren't magic. It's all Psychic ability, though it does sort of push the limit of said psychic abilities in the terms of PSI.

Funny Sans Rat

Previously The Bog Hog
Limb-Enhanced Peridot
Death
Mettaton
Tom
Bowsette
Hazbin Demon (Hallar)
One of the shadow monsters from the opening (I'm calling them Ryan)
Paragon Angel
Armored Colossus
Angel Dust
Goblin Slayer
Ruby Squad
Tohru
Ridley
Eldiocorc (He's only gonna go with the 0.1% of a female villain we have.)
Probably somebody else.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Question, would this consider stuff like Silver's psychokinesis? Or stuff like Ness/Lucas's PSI?

Since technically those aren't magic. It's all Psychic ability, though it does sort of push the limit of said psychic abilities in the terms of PSI.

Yeah, psychic abilities wouldn't count as magic.
So then Specter is safe thankfully

excuse me and all the female villains of my cast.
Plus Contessa, Azula, and that female troll of comic’s

Limb-Enhanced Peridot
Death
Mettaton
Tom
Bowsette
Hazbin Demon (Hallar)
One of the shadow monsters from the opening (I'm calling them Ryan)
Paragon Angel
Armored Colossus
Angel Dust
Goblin Slayer
Ruby Squad
Tohru
Ridley
Eldiocorc (He's only gonna go with the 0.1% of a female villain we have.)
Probably somebody else.

Honestly if Bowsette tried to kidnap someone like King Sonic and developed a crush on him like a flip on the Peach/Boswer stuff that could be amusing.

Goblin Slayer should be shipless. He only cares about Goblins.

Angel Dust could try to spark something with one of the Warzone girls. Seems like the most immediate option at the moment as they are generally free minus Erza. Maybe Star given she was the first to greet him? (Though I still stand by OTP with Marco there XD).

Maria was different. It wasn't a forced romance - hell it wasn't even a romance. I do kinda extremely low-key support Shadaria, but in main canon they're best friends and that's it.
Elise was forced with no good reasons you can't apply to Amy.

Also, the hell you saying about Cosmo, Shen? Cosmo and Tails is the canon OTP.
What's your point with Chris, btw? I'm fairly certain it's implied he gets together with Helen.
make a single joke about chris x sonic and i bury you seventeen feet under

Maria was different. It wasn't a forced romance - hell it wasn't even a romance. I do kinda extremely low-key support Shadaria, but in main canon they're best friends and that's it.
Elise was forced with no good reasons you can't apply to Amy.

What's your point with Chris, btw? I'm fairly certain it's implied he gets together with Helen.

I mean Chris crushed on Sonic harder than Amy ever did so....

And you can't argue some inter-species romance in the series is fine but you cannot have it on principle. Besides I think you may overlook the fact I never intended for Sonic to like Bowsette back.

I don’t condone necrophilia XD

Chris tried to kidnap sonic to prevent him fro leaving and they spend an entire episode trying to not get sonic to go.

I mean Chris crushed on Sonic harder than Amy ever did so....

And you can't argue some inter-species romance in the series is fine but you cannot have it on principle. Besides I think you may overlook the fact I never intended for Sonic to like Bowsette back.
do you want me to bring up that time amy broke sonic out of prison or what goes beyond that?
Also, it's not the interspecies romance itself I'm against, it's the specific implementation of the romance. And I mean... true? It'd definitely creep Sonic the hell out though.
I don’t condone necrophilia XD
Hey
Hey listen
Robot logic
If they can feel love it's cool
Plus Tails is way too young for that

Pro Hero Dekiru

Previously Battle Legend G.K.
Here's a better description, with spoilers involved; in Black Clover, the world uses magic as its primary tool; magic is always on hand. People call their magic using special magical books called grimoires. Asta was born with no magic at all into a world where magic was everything. As such, he was reduced only to physical capabilities.
So instead of magic, he was given a beat-up old grimoire with only one spell at the time; he could summon one giant sword, later identified as the Demon Slayer Sword.
The sword itself is extremely heavy, and the point is the only sharp object on it. However, the sword could cut through any and all magic abilities. it could cut through magic, break through magic shields, and even be used as a shield itself. Later on, to defeat someone who took advantage of the heaviness of his sword, Asta found a second sword deep inside of a magic dungeon, later identified as the Demon Dweller Sword.
This second sword was still incredibly heavy, but not even close to the first. Yeah, they're both incredibly heavy weapons, yet Asta carries these things around, almost like it's nothing. Despite his strength, he occasionally complained on the Demon Slayer's weight. The second sword was smaller, and could do everything the Demon Slayer Sword could. It could cancel out magic, all in a better-sized package. It was also blunt everywhere except for the tip, just like the first sword. But the second sword came with a bonus.
The second sword could absorb magic, besides canceling it out.
It had an idle ability where anybody touching it would have their magic sapped continuously, if they had magic at all.
Magic users could also share magic with Asta.
Close allies that considers Asta a friend found that their connection would allow the Demon Dweller Sword to borrow their magic and use it offensively, proceeding to light up with that magic's color. He's done this using Water Magic, as well as Mirror Magic.
The sword would light up, and he could still use it as a melee weapon, but he could also fire a powerful Sword Beam consuming all of the magic the sword had borrowed. As a plus, borrowing magic wouldn't consume magic from said user.
Aside from his weapons, Asta was also taught how to sense physical life energy called ki, but he can't move or manipulate it. Only sense it.

Yeah Chris was more obsessive over Sonic than anyone. Amy seemed tame by comparison which should have been a red flag. Not helped that Chris barley seemed to care about his human friends in comparison to Sonic & company.

.....totally stealing the spotlight from Amy in one of her best moments from the Adventure games.
Chris just does that in general :p

I can see your point... but it falters. Amy's dedicated her entire life to Sonic. She's literally developed a sense to be able to track him down, as seen in both 06 and Unleashed, and she even managed to match his casual running speed. Not to mention the COUNTLESS dangers she's stood up to in her pursuits for Sonic, and her RAGE when he escapes her or is taken from her. Compared to that, Chris being obsessive doesn't really match up in my book. Sure, Chris held Sonic back, but it was Amy who was waiting for Sonic when he returned - Sonic even went to her place upon returning.

Chris just does that in general :p

I can see your point... but it falters. Amy's dedicated her entire life to Sonic. She's literally developed a sense to be able to track him down, as seen in both 06 and Unleashed, and she even managed to match his casual running speed. Not to mention the COUNTLESS dangers she's stood up to in her pursuits for Sonic, and her RAGE when he escapes her or is taken from her. Compared to that, Chris being obsessive doesn't really match up in my book. Sure, Chris held Sonic back, but it was Amy who was waiting for Sonic when he returned - Sonic even went to her place upon returning.

Difference is there are (Rare) moments where Amy has some independence or does things beyond just trying to get closer to Sonic. Chris has tunnel vision on Sonic despite being rich, having friends and well no reason to be as obsessive as he is.

Difference is there are (Rare) moments where Amy has some independence or does things beyond just trying to get closer to Sonic. Chris has tunnel vision on Sonic despite being rich, having friends and well no reason to be as obsessive as he is.
Chalk that up to Sonic X's writing staff being trash until Season 3 where things got actually kind of good. No matter what, Amy's still focused on Sonic and has done more for him than Chris ever has.
Plus, being with Amy is actually a healthy relationship for Sonic, and I think that matters most.

I never argued Chris was the better ship to Amy, just he was more obsessive than she was. And I've yet to list a positive example with that.

Yeahhh Amy is more so that girl that keeps asking to date you and Chris is that guy that keeps stalking you and demanding to know where you live.

Also are we Forgetting the fact the day after chris met sonic he cried about not seeing him again?

...alright, Chris is more obsessive. I'll give you that. But put him in the hands of a competent writer, and he won't be.

So you are saying the Chris character is salvageable? A "lonely" rich kid with friends he ignores in favor of his blue hedgehog fetish and stealing glory scenes from the Sonic cast. Not the template for success there.

So you are saying the Chris character is salvageable? A "lonely" rich kid with friends he ignores in favor of his blue hedgehog fetish and stealing glory scenes from the Sonic cast. Not the template for success there.
Yes.
Yes, I am absolutely saying that.
In fact, I actually plan to have Chris as one of the main six cast members in the Sonic fancomic I'm working on, Sonic: Eye of the Storm. Why? Because I have confidence he can be a good character with a few changes.
1) Adult Chris is being used, because he has a lot more potential.
2) The Sonic obsession is gone completely.
3) When Chris gets his moments, they're HIS moments, not ones he steals from someone else. Like outwitting G.U.N. Commander Hugo Brass.
4) Gadgets, lots of them.
5) He actually focuses on his friends like a real person and uses his family's richness to benefit the Resistance.
Tl;dr, when I write Chris, I write a competent adult with the cash to make whatever the hell he needs for the mission, and the brains to back it up.

Yes.
Yes, I am absolutely saying that.
In fact, I actually plan to have Chris as one of the main six cast members in the Sonic fancomic I'm working on, Sonic: Eye of the Storm. Why? Because I have confidence he can be a good character with a few changes.
1) Adult Chris is being used, because he has a lot more potential.
2) The Sonic obsession is gone completely.
3) When Chris gets his moments, they're HIS moments, not ones he steals from someone else. Like outwitting G.U.N. Commander Hugo Brass.
4) Gadgets, lots of them.
5) He actually focuses on his friends like a real person and uses his family's richness to benefit the Resistance.
Tl;dr, when I write Chris, I write a competent adult with the cash to make whatever the hell he needs for the mission, and the brains to back it up.

.....so basically a new character with Chris' name slapped onto him?

Status
Not open for further replies.