• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Comic. You've said multiple times this is a composite Doomslayer of your own creation. That makes it physically impossible to research the character, given that you're able to just qualify and dequalify feats. Unless I went out and figured out literally every single feat Doomslayer has across all incarnations of the character and got your yea-or-nay on each and every one of them, we would not be able to have Doomslayer's feats solidly mapped. He is as strong or weak as you want him to be due to how you've made him a composite character.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
is this covered now? i've been saying what the Doom Slayer can do, the one in Doom 4 and Doom Eternal. the lore behind his character, rather than what is shown in-game.
Flynn Taggart is the Doomguy from the books, the most human of any Doomguy incarnation, which is why i'm using his character.
Doomguy, from the original games, is my source of power for the Doomslayer in this RP. i use bits of Doom Slayer lore, but nothing of Doom Slayer's powers, as he's a god-like entity.
again, in case anybody missed it, Doomslayer is an original incarnation. he's not an overpowered tank that can destroy literally anything (there's arguments that he could beat Kratos, which are pretty valid). my Doomslayer is less human in physicality than the Doomguy and Flynn Taggart, but his powers are like that of Doomguy, and his personality is set entirely on that of Flynn Taggart.

comic

So Comic. You've said multiple times this is a composite Doomslayer of your own creation. That makes it physically impossible to research the character, given that you're able to just qualify and dequalify feats. Unless I went out and figured out literally every single feat Doomslayer has across all incarnations of the character and got your yea-or-nay on each and every one of them, we would not be able to have Doomslayer's feats solidly mapped. He is as strong or weak as you want him to be due to how you've made him a composite character.
i meant research on the first thing you said. about him just being a gun-toting dude rampaging in hell. his lore makes him more complex than that, and apparently, his appearance in Quake 4 is considered canon, and takes place after Doom 4.

I mean in terms of personality, Comic. From everything I've seen in the books AND your portrayal of him in the RP, he's just some dude who kills demons for the sake of killing demons. And avenging his pet rabbit in one of the games.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
You know what thor’s Biggest flaw in this Rp is? He’s too powerful. so as a result no one wants to interact with him. At all. That effect would only be magnified much higher on doomslayer if he were even stronger.

dude! read, or something.
did you not understand!?
DOOM SLAYER can beat Thor, hands down, not DOOMSLAYER. there's a space to differentiate the two. one is a God, one is not. God has space, other does not.
...? Doomslayer and Doom slayer are two different people now?

comic

i want the both of you to read what comes next very carefully, because i've got plans today, so i don't have much more time to put them off.
i've mentioned four characters. Doomguy. Doom Slayer. Doomslayer. and Flynn Taggart.
Doomslayer is original, yes, but research can be adequately done on him by researching the limitations of Doomguy, the personality of Flynn Taggart (obviously a bit different, taking lore into account), and the weapons and armor of Doom Slayer.
this is what Doomslayer is. a mixture of the three. one that's not too overpowered, or underpowered, and one that could play off his character well enough.
i've slipped up on occasion with referring to Doomslayer as Doom Slayer, but i hope this clears things up.
you guys have an issue with the Doom Slayer, but you're projecting this onto my Doomslayer.
please, continue reading every word carefully, so as to not go crazy with accusing me of this or that in my next post. especially you, Shen. every time there's an argument, you usually wind up calling people immature, and accusing them of 'being aggressive', or 'calling names'.
so read. carefully.
Doomslayer has been through hell twice now. He's brought the demons to near-extinction, a lot of help stemming from his Praetor suit, and his weaponry. Like Flynn Taggart, Doomslayer is catholic, mildly feminist, and actually talks. Like Doom Slayer, he has the weapons and armor shown in the game, with some adjustments to the Praetor suit to make it less invincible. Like Doomguy, he's not an overpowered bad ass, but is powerful enough to take on the forces of hell and live to tell the tale.
in defense of Doom Slayer, take into account lore vs gameplay, and compare it with a character like Kratos, who is far more powerful than he is shown in the games.
to explain this version of the Praetor suit, i need you to continue reading carefully. i'm sure you can manage.
the Praetor suit absorbs argent energy, which is very loosely defined, as i've stated in the RP. it's a form of dark, or anti-energy, hence why the Praetor suit managed to absorb the energy being outputted by the Warship. the Praetor suit is also basically invincible in lore, so i've toned that down a bit, making him even able to succumb to lava, while in lore, it's like trudging through water for him. i've made this Praetor suit resistant, not immune, to lava, while making his visor extremely vulnerable to it.
the only thing this Praetor suit is immune to in this RP is electricity. this affects him in no way with the suit on, as its power counter-acts electricity. there's a possibility it might affect him more if he isn't grounded, so maybe not entirely immune.
when it comes to most weapons, the Praetor suit is extremely resilient, being able to take slugs from the Warship-mounted chain gun. Rail guns are more effective due to the energy outputted, which can throw Doomslayer around, but still leave about as much damage as many other weapons. plasma or laser based weaponry are more effective, though i imagine lasers might be refracted from the Praetor suit to some degree. plasma can manage to leave minor damage on the Praetor suit, but if it was struck by something like Ironman's unibeam, or Sans' gaster blasters, it could get damaged a lot more.
when the Doomslayer kills an opponent, the Praetor suit is able to absorb souls alongside argent energy. if he kills a living creature, his suit, and he himself, become rejuvenated. Doomslayer was at his peak after killing the Soviet army earlier due to the amount of souls he collected. souls, not SOULs, keep that in mind. without a living target to kill and absorb either argent energy or souls from, he's been unable to return to his full power.
on a last note, i want you all to re-read this in case you still think something seems out of place. for conclusion, i will repeat that Doomslayer is more mortal than his identical counterpart known as the Doom Slayer.
if you have any further concerns or issues regarding this topic, please, continue it in DMs, because this has become blown out-of-proportion, and i don't want us to even get a warning from an admin, let alone getting the roleplay shut down over some stupid conflict, so in order to enforce my words again, please.
DM me if you have further issues or concerns.
(also, kudos to you if you actually read all of that.)

I read all of it. I understood the difference between them completely to be honest, but for a while it seemed like you were using Doom Slayer's feats for your Doomslayer. And I still have a problem with him soloing all of the weapons the ship threw at him, but so long as we can figure out some way to get him out of the action in order for our heroes to have a fun fight, we should be good.

comic

I read all of it. I understood the difference between them completely to be honest, but for a while it seemed like you were using Doom Slayer's feats for your Doomslayer. And I still have a problem with him soloing all of the weapons the ship threw at him, but so long as we can figure out some way to get him out of the action in order for our heroes to have a fun fight, we should be good.
oh, no. those weren't soloed at all. in my post, he avoided them. sorry if i didn't make that more clear, but when the weapons fired on him, he kicked himself from the ship while firing a grappling hook to land himself on the warship while managing to completely avoid the weapons.
the only weapons affecting him was the chainguns, which did manage to leave dents in his armor.

every time there's an argument, you usually wind up calling people immature, and accusing them of 'being aggressive', or 'calling names'.
While I do not call people immature, I do point out when the opposing side is being aggressive or hurling insults towards me. I see no problem with that.

but if it was struck by something like Ironman's unibeam,
Theasers coming from the ship are far stronger than the unibeam, and its firing two of them amongst many other weapons

And I still have a problem with him soloing all of the weapons the ship threw at him, but so long as we can figure out some way to get him out of the action in order for our heroes to have a fun fight, we should be good.
I agree by far as wel. Even though I still have a far bigger problem with the soloing thor easily thing.

Comic. Do you think that:

1. You should make doomslayer as strong as he was during the canopek fight and not make him any stronger, at all, for any reason?

2. Should he be ejected from this entire plot altogether

Or
3. Be put in stasis or into a a shielded prison until the fights over?

oh, no. those weren't soloed at all. in my post, he avoided them. sorry if i didn't make that more clear, but when the weapons fired on him, he kicked himself from the ship while firing a grappling hook to land himself on the warship while managing to completely avoid the weapons.
the only weapons affecting him was the chainguns, which did manage to leave dents in his armor.
Though that still needs editing as he can’t grapple to the ship any longer.

comic

honestly, go with option 3. he's still the same as he was from the Caponek fight- oh wait, no. he's back to his peak again after absorbing the anti-matter, so yeah. option 3 all the way.

If Comic's Doomslayer is based on the feats of Doomguy, which I assume includes Doom and Doom II, this Doomslayer's feats include

-Walking through lava with minimal damage
-Being able to punch demons hard enough to kill them
-Mastery over a variety of weapons, including futuristic tech like the plasma gun and BFG
-Successfully repelling the forces of hell on Mars and then Earth
-Destroying the Icon of Sin, apparently the gatekeeper of Hell, or at least something like it

These are great achievements though not enough to implicate he could take on Time Man's war machine singlehandely, utterly wrecking it in a single blow. A single BFG blast isn't enough to kill certain enemies (Hell Knights and Arch-Viles I believe) so while the machine would take hearty damage from the BFG it wouldn't be hardly enough to destroy it.

Generally this argument isn't very helpful to growing the RP. It happened with Sans, Time Man, Specter, and most commonly Doomslayer. He's supposed to be an angry overpowered idiot who plows through troops like nothing, so of course Comic's gonna try and do just that. That being said, throwing him off the roof and deploying a bunch of drones could work.

I know Comic said his bit now, but mine slims down a few his achievements to a few sentences. And says something about these power level arguments. I know I kinda helped perpetuate it by making that Tier List back in august or so...

Okay this Doomslayer wank is getting on my nerves. He's a FPS protagonist whose claim to fame is fighting nameless demons who seem squisher than marshmallows. Hiro would kick his utter ass. Many characters in the RP even B-Tiers could give him a fight and he is not on this other level compared to people. That does not make him able to beat Thor, or nearly as OP as you or other Doom fans keep claiming he is.

But irregardless, even if he was that OP it should not matter. I kinda want other people to do things in this plot, having an OP character can work if you manage him like say Kale to this point and Doomslayer seemed fine in the Hiro/Chief battle. But ever since he has become way too wanked and less fun taking away from other characters. Hiro, Chief, Cutman and Elecman have like nothing to do during all this.

I like the concept of Doomslayer, and I think he can be a fun character for the RP but it just seems you want him to crap on Shen's characters and deny everyone else stuff to do during this. From an outsider's POV. I just feel we could be doing this in a way that still makes him look cool without taking away from other characters. Make it fun for everyone not one guy.

comic

Okay this Doomslayer wank is getting on my nerves. He's a FPS protagonist whose claim to fame is fighting nameless demons who seem squisher than marshmallows. Hiro would kick his utter ass. Many characters in the RP even B-Tiers could give him a fight and he is not on this other level compared to people. That does not make him able to beat Thor, or nearly as OP as you or other Doom fans keep claiming he is.

But irregardless, even if he was that OP it should not matter. I kinda want other people to do things in this plot, having an OP character can work if you manage him like say Kale to this point and Doomslayer seemed fine in the Hiro/Chief battle. But ever since he has become way too wanked and less fun taking away from other characters. Hiro, Chief, Cutman and Elecman have like nothing to do during all this.

I like the concept of Doomslayer, and I think he can be a fun character for the RP but it just seems you want him to crap on Shen's characters and deny everyone else stuff to do during this. From an outsider's POV. I just feel we could be doing this in a way that still makes him look cool without taking away from other characters. Make it fun for everyone not one guy.
conflict is over, yo.
as i said before in a post you probably skipped, DMs if you wanna discuss it. otherwise, shut it unless i make the Doomslayer do something that goes against the limitations i've set on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.