• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Do you like this idea?

• Yes

Votes: 26 59.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I dunno, maybe?

Votes: 17 38.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

comic

Previously turnt3chGodh34d
Gaster said Blaze is a more interesting character than Silver. While I can see where he's coming from, I don't agree. In terms of psychology, history and abilities, Silver is far more interesting and fun to me.
key word.
'to me'.
obviously your opinion is different than Gaster's, as Gaster is influenced by me, so my opinion is different from yours.

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
Good post all around comic...although I have concerns

Of course, the BFG wasn't Flynn's strongest offense. He could still go Berserk and rip apart the entire ship and the droid on-board before the motherf*cker could even blink, but that sort of rage wasn't yet necessary. He could easily end up tearing apart his allies in the frenzy, them being powerless to stop him. Not even Kale could hope to survive something like that.

This makes Doomslayer seem to be the Sue-ist of Mary Sues

comic

This makes Doomslayer seem to be the Sue-ist of Mary Sues
yeah, pretty much.
i mean, it's the f*cking Doom Slayer. the guy who brought Hell itself to near-extinction. cults of demons worship him because of his dark deeds. he's no longer a mortal man, anyway, having been alive for millennia, most of that trapped in a sarcophagus. his entire existence is to destroy, and i mean destroy anybody who thinks they can stand in his way.
add in the Berserker Rage, namely the one from the 2016 game? you have a f*cking God on your hands. Ironically.
besides. i dunno if you've noticed, but i have multiple 'mary sue-y' characters. Doomslayer, Bro Strider, Artemis, just to name... i think all the OP ones. top of that list is Bro, though.
everybody here seriously underestimates the Doomslayer. if Specter knew what he was capable of, i can guarantee he'd be running with his metaphorical tail between his legs.
and Specter has made a huge mistake in making the conqueror of hell itself his enemy.
Time Man, Caponek, Specter... none of these guys are bosses.
because it's Doomslayer, who's the final boss battle for Specter, and it's not one he can win.

yeah, pretty much.
i mean, it's the f*cking Doom Slayer. the guy who brought Hell itself to near-extinction. cults of demons worship him because of his dark deeds. he's no longer a mortal man, anyway, having been alive for millennia, most of that trapped in a sarcophagus. his entire existence is to destroy, and i mean destroy anybody who thinks they can stand in his way.
add in the Berserker Rage, namely the one from the 2016 game? you have a f*cking God on your hands. Ironically.
besides. i dunno if you've noticed, but i have multiple 'mary sue-y' characters. Doomslayer, Bro Strider, Artemis, just to name... i think all the OP ones. top of that list is Bro, though.
everybody here seriously underestimates the Doomslayer. if Specter knew what he was capable of, i can guarantee he'd be running with his metaphorical tail between his legs.
and Specter has made a huge mistake in making the conqueror of hell itself his enemy.
Time Man, Caponek, Specter... none of these guys are bosses.
because it's Doomslayer, who's the final boss battle for Specter, and it's not one he can win.
And with that, all my respect I had for doomslayer is gone.

How can you possibly reason that a super soldier is that strong? Doomslayer doesn’t have the infinity gauntlet for christ’s Sake. Don’t make your characters god’s when they obviously aren’t. *sigh* the fun just got drained from this entire confrontation

comic

And with that, all my respect I had for doomslayer is gone.

How can you possibly reason that a super soldier is that strong? Doomslayer doesn’t have the infinity gauntlet for christ’s Sake. Don’t make your characters god’s when they obviously aren’t. *sigh* the fun just got drained from this entire confrontation
yeah, that whole 'super soldier' bit?
no. maybe a long time ago, but Doomslayer was given the powers of hell itself by a rebellious demon known as 'the Betrayer'. with that, Doomslayer spent an unknown amount of time, possibly centuries, fighting hell.
also, i should mention that Doomslayer reheals every time he kills. his stamina is restored, his strength replenished with each kill, explaining why he was able to fight hell for so long without bothering for even a second of shut-eye.

I'm gonna talk about characters that aren't present in the RP yet but are indeed coming. There's the Flamebringer (Who will eventually show in Camelot) a certain symbiote for a certain someone (Who I'm sort of considering their own character?) and the Soldier (Who will show up when convenient in the next place, be it Fenrir or Flood-Infested Universe). I just want to bring them up before I drop them so people won't get uppity or say "that just ain't fair" :p

the fun just got drained from this entire confrontation
Time Man still has an edge on the Doomslayer. He just needs to get creative. The armor has gaps in it (The Hunter could get his cleaver to flesh) and he could easily get an unexpected blow by the robo-clock. He has flying lances and time slowing on his side. That's more than enough to mess with the electricity lacking Slayer. Maybe he can't use his big monster mech. But he definitely can use himself, the flexible small target he is. I'm not saying the slayer isn't overpowered (He is, and that's sort of the point), but this isn't and shouldn't be a curb stomp. Not if Time Man uses all his assets correctly.

And let me take care of references real quick...it's just Sarah and Kiran so far, it's blurry, colorless, and made with my "decent" art skill, but hopefully it gives you all a better visualization. Sorry for any blurriness or shadows, I just snapped a picture of it with my phone though I could scan it later. I'll also make some more for the others, being Quint, Jackson, Priscilla, and the Flamebringer.
Sarah, the Thunderhead
Kiran, the Grey Knight

Time Man still has an edge on the Doomslayer. He just needs to get creative. The armor has gaps in it (The Hunter could get his cleaver to flesh) and he could easily get an unexpected blow by the robo-clock. He has flying lances and time slowing on his side. That's more than enough to mess with the electricity lacking Slayer. Maybe he can't use his big monster mech. But he definitely can use himself, the flexible small target he is. I'm not saying the slayer isn't overpowered (He is, and that's sort of the point), but this isn't and shouldn't be a curb stomp. Not if Time Man uses all his assets correctly.
The ability though that he can literally smite everyone here instantly any time he wasn’t is a huge concern to me. And that apparently his mere precense should send specter’s while navy and army packing is absoltlye ludicrous. I despise with all the venom in my heart what doomslayer is becoming in this RP, I cannot stress that enough.

Looks like then in order to adapt to this, I will have to try and meet doomslayer’s absurdly high standards with absurdly high obstacles.

Whoops, I’m unable to get a post up at the moment - and likely for the rest of the night. I’m headed out to watch Into The Spider-Verse! (Psyched to see Gwen in it!) I’ll try getting my post up tomorrow though.
I have to say, after seeing it? I LOVE THIS MOVIE. Best thing Sony’s ever done with the Spider-Man license except MAYBE Marvel’s Spider-Man (PS4). I can elaborate more on computer, but each and every one of the characters here are ones I love.
Expect me to create a Spider-Verse RP later, and I already know I’m taking Peni Parker and Spyder Knight.

“That’s what I want to hear men!” A lieutenant cried out patting Rex’s shoulders “This man lost his entire division, his workplace and was assaulted, but is he letting that stop him? No, he keeps on trucking on. He is an inspiration to all of us, we just give up our attack! For lord Z!”

“FOR LORD Z!!!” The crowd cheered back.

The soldiers grouped up in large divisions, 30 men per row as they had begun marching together in units, reading their weapons to fight their foe with a new resolve. Rex sighed, glad he just wasn’t shot during all of that. He noticed where the lieutenant patted his shoulder now was a Velcro badge with their logo on it. Some kind of I.D? Allegiance notification? He couldn’t be sure, but now he knew who they worked for: A guy called Z.
Wai-wai-wait.
You-
NO.
SHEN, Z WOULD NEVER WORK WITH THE SOVIETS! HE'S TRYING TO KILL THEM ALL!
This is just flat-out contradictory... They fight for Russia, the USSR and Communism, not death to all of humanity! Z despises the Soviets and NAC above all else due to them doing nothing but perpetuating the Hot War!
Please fix this... like, now.

Wai-wai-wait.
You-
NO.
SHEN, Z WOULD NEVER WORK WITH THE SOVIETS! HE'S TRYING TO KILL THEM ALL!
This is just flat-out contradictory... They fight for Russia, the USSR and Communism, not death to all of humanity! Z despises the Soviets and NAC above all else due to them doing nothing but perpetuating the Hot War!
Please fix this... like, now.

Wait, they are Soviet soldiers? Welp, my bad. Looks like I have to fix that XD

Status
Not open for further replies.