• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Legendary Pokemon

Prof. Cinders

Mathemagician
Staff member
Administrator
Ok, you two, quick note:

pokemanic171, this isn't the right topic to be posting this - this is. Just a warning for now, but another post like that and you could be gone very quickly.

pika-fan, one-word posts are considered SPAM. Try to elaborate on why that's your favourite legendary. Again, just a warning, but next time could end up fatal.

sorry! anyways to explain (i guess) hes my favorite beacuse he has a move called dark void and i guess not being able to get him until the 31st makes me want to capture him more

1st Gen:
Mewtwo - He's my baby! I love Mewtwo and was emmesly proud of myself when I caught him with a Pokeball (Yes, a Pokeball) in Firered. I also love how powerful he is, and it only took twelve levels for him to open up completely (another thing I am proud of). Though he's not dark, fire or dog-like he's probably my second favorite legendary in all.

2nd Gen:
Entei - You had to see this coming... Me and my strange obsessions... He is so freakin' cool! The movie only made him seem cooler and I love him! The reason I chose Bulbasaur as my starter was so I could get Entei. Also in Colosseum Entei was awesome! I'm a bit biased I guess, but he's the best LEGENDARY fire-dog ever! (The best fire-dog ever is Houndoom, then Arcanine, then Entei. Sorry buddy... T-T)

3rd Gen:
Groudon - He's so cute! I love him very much and he's super powerful in Emerald... Though i stopped training him for a while to hatch my Eevee eggs and 'my babies' a.k.a Naito, Mayonaka, Kaen, and Kitsune. My friend caught him in Ruby before I got him in Emerald and I practically stole her game whenever I came over. But thanks to me she now has a level eighty-one Groudon. Heh heh...

4th Gen:
Darkrai - It was love at first sight! He's just the best Dark LEGENDARY Pokemon ever! I loved the movie! It made Darkrai seem so nice! I can't believe people still call him evil after all that! I cried my heart out when he died! Why? Why did he have to die?!? He's really a sweet Pokemon, I mean he kept protecting Alice for god's sake! Well, I'd better stop before I start ranting. Oh, I know he comes back, I didn't know that when I was watching the movie though. So, being the over-emotional girl I am, I cried and then squealed in joy when it turned out he was okay.

*Yes, I put genders on Pokemon and no not all of them are boys. For example I think of Celebi as a girl.*

P

Pokepok

my favourite legendary is suicune
not only is it strong it is cool looking and it can be used for competitive battling in emerald!!! ;D

My favorites are:
Generation I - Mew, used the red/blue version glitch to get.
Generation II - Lugia, love from silver version.
Generation III - Latias, took soooo long to get!!!
Generation IV - Darkrai, he is kewl.

Hurr... Favorites...

First Gen: Articuno. Because way back when I was a little kid, playing Blue, and I was blindly going through that cave, strength-ing rocks to block the water, then going over to the bird's spot-- I just remember staring at the little sprite as big as my player for a long, long time. And then I clicked it and it made that funky cry and I was like "Woah." It was just full of n00bish epicness. XD

Oh, and I don't recall whether this was in First or Second Gen, but I also remember looking through a pair of binoculars in one of the gatehouses(or whatever they're called) and getting the message "A majestic bird is flying over the water on the horizon..."(or something like that.. it's been a long time >w>; ) and seeing the picture of Articuno. I spazzed.("Ohmygosh! I KNOW that! Mom! Mom! Come look at this! It's Articuno!") Needless to say, I was crazy. XD;

Second Gen: Celebi. I don't really remember why, but... Crystal was the first Pokemon game I'd ever completed(after trading a little kid my Blue cartridge for it XD) and I was looking up Pokemon for it and saw the Celebi or something... and it just stuck. Plus its head resembled that of a chao from Sonic (I was addicted back then) so...

Third Gen: I never really played this game much. (Lost my Ruby a long time ago...) I don't really have much attachment to any of 'em.

Fourth Gen: Cresselia, if only for its pretty design. XD I also like its whole thing against Darkrai.. or whatever. XDD;

My favorite out of all of them has got to be Mew. It's cute and powerful. :3

From each generation:
I - Mew (2nd favorite is Articuno)
II - Lugia (it's meh buddy)
III - Jirachi (so cute!)
IV - Darkrai (he's the awesomeness! xD)

My interests have changed!

Gen 1: Mewtwo. It's just awesome how many moves you can teach that thing. Also because of the backstory given in the First Movie.

Gen 2: Lugia. I find it amusing that he is Psychic/Flying yet naturally learns Hydro Pump. I also like his Shiny form.

Gen 3: Latias. I liked its Shiny form as well, and I liked the fact it had a gender. I like it over Latios because in my opinion, its attacks are better.

Gen 4:

My interests have changed!

Gen 1: Mewtwo. It's just awesome how many moves you can teach that thing. Also because of the backstory given in the First Movie.

Gen 2: Lugia. I find it amusing that he is Psychic/Flying yet naturally learns Hydro Pump. I also like his Shiny form.

Gen 3: Latias. I liked its Shiny form as well,  and I liked the fact it had a gender. I like it over Latios because in my opinion, its attacks are better.

Gen 4:Dialga. I liked is unique type combo, and I liked how its type combo eliminated its weakness to Dragon. I alsothought the design was awesome.

((Am I one of the few people who's favorite/one favorite legendary of the Sinnoh Region is NOT Darkrai?))

I think you are.

My favorites are:
Gen 1: Zapdos. In my opinion, Zapdos is the best of the legendary birds as it covers most of its flying weaknesses and its a bird so it erases the ground weakness most electric pokemon have.

Gen 2: Celebi. Simply because its a time traveller (useful to anyone). And the shiny form of it is cute.

Gen 3: Raquaza (no clue if spelling is right). Because it can be used as a free jet.

Gen 4: Dialga. Same reason as Celebi, except you control time despite that he isn't as portable. Plus roar of time sounds cooler than spacial rend (though I don't know the difference between the moves).

And that's it................. what? you want me to say something else....................?

Gen 1: Articuno hands down, that bird is frelling awesome! Was the only legendary I ever carried around in my party and consistently took the effort to catch.

Gen 2: Suicune, its design was just neat!

Gen 3: Jirachi, it is soo cute and was one of the only eventish (not really, but you had to get a certain game to even get the disk that would give you the frelling thing!) legendaries I was ever able to get my hands on

Gen 4: meh, wasn't too thrilled about any of the legendaries here, although I like the design of Heatran and Regigigas

Mew:Do I need a reason? Of course I do. Its cute, I like its long tail, and I wanna hug it! ;D
Moltres:Fire-type. Enough said. :D
Articuno:It's so pretty!
Entei:It looks so regal and dignified, that I believe it is a real Pokemon god.
Celebi:It's so cute! The color is cute, too!
Jirachi:It's too cute! I love the wish plot, too!
Mespirit:pretty cute, too. I like the way it's headress-thing was designed.
Shaymin:It's also pretty cute. Unless in Sky Form. Then, I hate it. >:(
Dialga:It's okay. A lot better than Palkia, I'll give it that. ::)
Cresselia:The colors are pretty. :)

My favorites:
Mew- cause she's cute, and pink.
Moltres- Cause it's fiery, and cool.
Creceila- She's pretty.
Dialga- cause it's better than Palkia, but that's my opinion.
Latios- ever since i saw that movie where he dies, i started to like him.
Shaymin- she's cute ... in her land form. Her sky form creeps me out.
Giratina- I like him causehe does shadow force.
Celebi- It time travels, and it's cute. that's why.
Latias- She's cute, and sweet.
Well, that's it for legendaries.

My Favorites? Well...

First Gen: Zapdos- It a electric bird, and I think the yellow wings with black tips looks cool!

Second Gen: Ho-oh- A Phonix that can glow all seven colors of the ranbow, plus it was the mascot of my favorte version: Gold! Oh, and it has the same typse combonation as my favorite Pokemon Charizard^^

Third Gen: Deoxys- It looks like something you'd see in a Sci-Fi movie, plus it has four forms, isn't that awesome.

Fourth Gen: Darkrai- It was the first legendary Pokemon that looked like it could be evil, plus it's the pitch-black Pokemon and giver of Nightmares, sounds evil too.

Odd that I haven't posted here yet.

1st Gen: I'd have to say Articuno, Mew, and Mewtwo. Articuno cus it looks so pretty and beautiful, Mew becasue it uberly cute, and Mewtwo because of the movies.

2nd Gen: ....I like all of the second gen ones. Especially Raikou since he was the first legendary that I ever caught. And MAJORLY Celebi! That thing is so cute! The movie did it. Made Celebi my fave.

3rd Gen: Hmmmm. Jirachi for sure. Once again, the movie, and the fact that it looks cute and grants wishes. Latios and Latias, because of their brother and sister relationship, but the movie once again stole my heart. I cried at the end. And maybe Rayquaza, it looks pretty cool.

4th Gen: I didn't really like any of the legendaries here, except Manapy. Damn movie. XD Really, I loved how it always viewed may as "momma"

I'll tell them by generation because I saw some others poeple doing it too. Okay, here we go.

1st Gen: My favorite from the 1st generation is Mewtwo. Because it looks angry and cool. Everytime I see it, it makes me think of a very strong pokemon that has a relaxed battle style. But that's just me.

2nd Gen: Probably Celebi and Lugia. Well I like Celebi because its small. Weird reason right? I like pokemon who are small but very strong. You know? To surprise your opponents. I like Lugia because it looks like a dragon. It looks better than other legendary pokemon who look like dragons.

3rd Gen: I particularly like Groudon because it looks cool. It has those strange patterns on its body and it looks menacing. In the game, its stats are very nice.

4th Gen: I would have to say Regigigas and Giratina. I like Regigigas because it's big and it looks like it could cause an earthquake everytime it takes a step. Incidentally, one of my favorite pokemon moves is earthquake. It also looks kind of nice. Giratina because it's a dragon-type and dragon-types are my favorite. It also knows Shadow Force which is a very good move.

Well, let me see here.....

1st generation: Mewtwo- He displays true mastership of the Psychic type

2nd generation: Ho-oh- Due to his majesty, and the fact he is popular, and yet hasn't had a movie based on him

3rd generation: Rayquaza- One amazing Dragon-type that always pulls through for me in any battle, even against Ice-types

4th generation: Palkia- Despite the odd type combination (why a master of space is part Water, I'll never understand) His all over appearance fascinates me and is one of the truely most well designed Pokemon of its generation

I'd say ... Jirachi? Articuno? x__x There's a lot of legendaries that appeal to me, but I think it's a tie between those two :3

EDIT: ahh >: should have read the description more carefully :\

Gen1: I'd say Articuno, 'cause I love it's attacks, always used it in Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2 for Ice beam ^_^;

Gen2: Suicune, I remember playing the Crystal game and freaking out when I caught it xD I also like it for it's attacks and the design to me looks pretty cool.

Gen3: Jirachi~ it's just plain adorable xD

Gen4: I really don't know :\ there are so many new legendaries in this generation it's hard to pick .. but I'd say .. Uxie? xP like Gen 3, just 'cause it's cute ^_^;

1st Gen: Mew is my favorite legendary period for all gens. It is also my favorite pokemon out of all 493. I like it because it can learn all moves. Mewtwo can also do that but, mewtwo is like, a douche.

2nd Gen: I absolutely hated the second gen legendarys. Dogs? Cmon..

3rd Gen: Mainly Rayquaza. He looks cool and I really liked his appearance in the brawl boss battles.

4th Gen: Uxie because he was the only one of the three that could learn the move set I had planned out.

1st Gen: Mewtwo - Simply one of the best of its time.

2nd Gen: None

3rd Gen: Rayquaza - I like his role as a legendary in Emerald.

4th Gen: Palkia - Its Shiny form looks cool.

1STGEN: Mewtwo,really powerful moves
2NDGEN:ENTEI:IT IS EXTREMELY POWERFUL, PLUS ITS A FIRE TYPE
3RDGEN:RAYQUAZA, MINE KILLS OPPONENTS IN1 SHOT
4TH GEN: DARKRAI, PUTS OPPONENTS ASLEEP USING DARK VOID

1st Gen: Articuno, its such a thing of beauty, blue bird that shows itself to people as good as dead...
2nd Gen: Any of the three dogs. Suicune is the most beautiful in the form of appearance, Entei is next with appearance and its reputation of pure power, then raikou, Its beauty is unmatched in its ability to tear through opponents.
3rd Gen: Latias. I love Latias 100000%
4th Gen: Manaphy, hard to get and one of the 4th gens that represent celebi, and jirachi.

My only favorite legendary Pokemon is Moltres because i love birds and how they soar, plus my father is a firefighter making Moltres really personal to me.

1:st gen.: Mewtwo. The elite badass. When I was considering making another shiny legendary in style with dark Lugia, Mewtwo was the first I thought of.
2:nd gen.: Problably Lugia. It was so strange to me, as I never had silver, where it was the
"lead legendary".
3:rd gen.: Deoxys. When I first heard about it I was like "WHAAAT!?! A pokemon from outer space? How weird. Nobody could ever like something like that!"
4:th gen.: Heatran is really cool, 'coz I first saw it in a pokemon spoof video where it was called kokain mutt. Darkrai is also nearly as badass as Mewtwo. Love 'im. And Dialga's steel/dragon type makes it really cool too.

In an attempt to cut down on the amount of SPAM infesting this forum, this is an Official Notice that anyone who posts a poll about "Which Legendary Pokemon Is Best" is asking to be moved to the Realm of N00bs That Went Too Far. This is regardless of any Warnings on your account or prior conduct. The reason for this is because this week has already featured n00bish polls about "leganday", "legandery" and "leginary" Pokemon, and we are sick of them.

Even if you are able to spell legendary correctly, we still do not want to see 101 topics about them, because, y'know, there are 34 of the freaking things. Which is TOO MANY for a sensible poll. (I tried to create one, and the options scrolled off the bottom of my screen).

So. This is your official topic. What is/are your favourite legendary Pokemon?

Just to remind you, the options are:
1st Gen:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo

2nd Gen:
Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi

3rd Gen:
Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys

4th Gen:
Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Manaphy, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Legendaries in blue are currently unobtainable in Europe & North America.

Give one favourite per generation, or as many as you want. Just make sure you give proper reasons! And try to spell the names right, I'm tempted to ban the next person who talks about "Groundon" for stupidity. Thanks! :D

T

Turtwigz001

I like a lot of legendaries but here are my favs for each gen:

Gen I: Mewtwo because a like his concept and how he's a loner, but will help someone without showing his face.

Gen II: Entei. I like how he's a fire type, but in the movie he can control reality and create pretty much anything.

Gen III: Rayquaza and Deoxys. I love Rayquaza is always the one that stops Groudon and Kyogre from fighting. And I like Deoxys because he has speed form, defence form, attack form, and normal form.

Gen IV: Giratina and Darkrai. I like them pretty much because they look cool. :p

My favourite legendary pokemon would be Rayquaza because i love it's design in both emerald and diamond. also i love the fact that it has no wings and can fly as well as no legs. i loved it's story role in emerald, and it was the first legend i caught with out a master ball. and one other think i like about it would be the fact that it is green.

I like most pokemon but my favorite legendaries are:

1st Gen:
A tie between Articuno (I have always thought that Articulo was the most amazing bird pokemon) and Mew (I admit a major reason I like Mew is for it's cuteness)

2nd Gen:
Celebi (I like Celebi's cuteness but I love everything with nature and forest)

3rd Gen:
Rayquaza (I like Rayquaza for it's strength. It has always been a reliable pokemon ^.^ )

4th Gen:
Manaphy (I LOVE Manaphy. It is so cute! Not to mention I like anything that invovles with the ocean. Manaphy is so kind as well....)

mewtwo, ah good times. it was the first legendary i remember catching :D it was really exciting at the time because it was pretty much the only legendrary apart from the birds, and mew, but i couldn't go to any nitendo events

1st Gen- Mew, It was almost too cute xD

2nd Gen- Celebi, I'm a sucker for small and cute.

3rd Gen- Jirachi, It just PWNS and it's cute. What more do you want?

4th Gen- Darkrai, It also PWNS and looks super cool.

Definitely Entei from the second generation, he was the ONLY legendary I actually liked to tell the truth. Legendaries are too overrated and extremely overused to interest me, but Entei was that one legendary that even i found to be cool, just the look and design was so interesting. I also found him to be pretty cool in the 3rd movie.

My favorite legendaries are Entei and Groudon. Entei looks cool and his appearance in the third movie was great. Groudon has strong attacks and is the only legendary I have ever trained. Plus, teach Groudon Solarbeam and it will strike on its first turn (because of its Drought ability).

My favorite legendary is the first generation Mew. Mew is so awesome. He can deafeat any pokemon. And one thing. Darkrai is now obtainable in north america.