• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Legendary Pokemon

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
In an attempt to cut down on the amount of SPAM infesting this forum, this is an Official Notice that anyone who posts a poll about "Which Legendary Pokemon Is Best" is asking to be moved to the Realm of N00bs That Went Too Far. This is regardless of any Warnings on your account or prior conduct. The reason for this is because this week has already featured n00bish polls about "leganday", "legandery" and "leginary" Pokemon, and we are sick of them.

Even if you are able to spell legendary correctly, we still do not want to see 101 topics about them, because, y'know, there are 34 of the freaking things. Which is TOO MANY for a sensible poll. (I tried to create one, and the options scrolled off the bottom of my screen).

So. This is your official topic. What is/are your favourite legendary Pokemon?

Just to remind you, the options are:
1st Gen:
Articuno, Zapdos, Moltres, Mew, Mewtwo

2nd Gen:
Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi

3rd Gen:
Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Latios, Latias, Regirock, Regice, Registeel, Jirachi, Deoxys

4th Gen:
Dialga, Palkia, Uxie, Mespirit, Azelf, Manaphy, Cresselia, Heatran, Regigigas, Giratina, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus

Legendaries in blue are currently unobtainable in Europe & North America.

Give one favourite per generation, or as many as you want. Just make sure you give proper reasons! And try to spell the names right, I'm tempted to ban the next person who talks about "Groundon" for stupidity. Thanks! :D

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Legendary Pokemon? Nani?

Oh... you mean those things. I mean...

I seriously like Moltres, Articuno, Suicune, Kyogre, Latios, and Latias. Moltres because it has flaming wings and looks sooo cool. Flaming tail, wings on fire, even the color scheme looks good. Seriously, what's not to love about Moltres? Articuno is also good because, well, the tail is nice and long, the design looks pretty good... and it's blue! Suicune for the sheer fact that it looks cool too.

Now, Kyogre is different. I mean, yeah, I like it because of its look, but that's not the main reason. The cry is so awesome, it know SHEER COLD (I somehow almost always get lucky and kill my friends with it), and, well, the think on its tail looks awesome, too. Yeah, I'm almost all about looks when it comes to favorites.

Latios and Latias came from the fact that they're more like twin Pokemon than any others, besides Plusle/Minun and the Nidorans (and possibly Solrock and Lunatone). I mean, they're somewhat ugly, but the way that they care for each other in both the movie and in PMD was so sweet.

I have absolutely no favorites in the 4th Gen. Out of all of them, I like Dialga the most, but even that's ugly.

As far as legendaries go I only have five absolute faves: Articuno,Suicune, Ho-oh, Kyogre, and Dialga.

Articuno probably has the best Pokedex entry for any legendary Pokemon. "It appears to doomed people lost in icy mountains." Its appearence in the second movie was cool. I loved how ice trailed behind it as it flew.

When the legendary beasts were first introduced, I was immediately captivated by Suicune because it looked so different from the other two. It was so graceful and beautiful; its first anime appearence in Johto Journeys reinforced that.

I like Ho-oh because I like phoenixes (not counting Moltres). Sacred Fire and Sacred Ash weren't too shabby either. I believe it was the first legendary I ever caught. I also really liked its first anime appearence; it was cool that it was the first second gen Pokemon to be revealed.

I love Kyogre's ability and it is the only legendary that I've ever seriously trained. I kept battling those reporters in Sapphire so its special attack was pretty good.

Dialga was the lesser of two evils and it's a steel/dragon type--covers types very nicely. I particularly like the way it looks.

I'll list them off by gens to make it easier.
1st Gen: Mewtwo is my favorite in this gen..to me he was the first real legendary..I mean I kind of consider the three birds as sub-legendaries..It's weird how my mind works.. And I love how in the first movie he went through this crazy struggle...and finally learned that Pokemon and humans could be friends...

2nd Gen: Entei!!! Entei is my first favorite legendary... I love fire pokemon, I love how "majestic" he looks..and I would love to have on in real life.. He just seems so protective and strong.. ^^

Skipping 3rd because I'm not a huge fan of any of the legendaries in that gen...Rayquaza is kinda cool though.

4th Gen: Darkrai! I just love his character, and how he tried so hard protecting Alice and Ash and everyone.... The movie made me cry multiple times (im a wimp, i know :p)... He's just awesome!

The legendary birds will always have a place in my heart; I've always liked birds, especially as a kid. For that same reason, I'm also pretty fond of Ho-oh. Well, that and it's an incredible eyesore, which really appeals to my gaudy tastes. XD

Overall, though, my favourite legendary is probably Uxie. Which is strange, since I'm not so big on the Mew-in-silly-hats trio, but I suppose I just like the idea of a little narcoleptic midget that mindcrushes things by opening its eyes.

My all time favourite Legendary Pokemon (if you haven't figured it out yet), is Suicune. You just have to love the grace of a Pokemon capable of purifying water and running so fast you are called the North Wind.

A close second would have to be the Legendary Birds (all of 'em), then the Legendary Duo, Palkia and Dialga, mainly because those two are two I would consider letting in my Team.

Not too fond of the last three in Diamond/Pearl, mainly because I can't get 'em (same goes with Mew, Celebii, Deoxys, and Jirachi)​

Mine is defenitly Latios! I love it, it's a great battle Pokemon too!!!! (I have it in Diamond) ;D

I hope they come out with a ledgendary cat Pokemon soon..... ;)

[attachment deleted by admin]

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
For generation one, Articuno is my absolute favorite. That thing is just effing pretty and is (in my opinion at least) the only majestic looking one of the three legendary birds (Because you can call a massive flaming chicken and a warning-signed colored electrocuted bird a lot of things but you can't call them majestic. I'm sorry. >>; ). That and I really like its backstory, about guiding people lost on snowy mountains to safety.

And I've always had a soft spot for mew. Adorable little kangaroo-mouse things.

Generation two had three legendaries I'm very fond of. Lugia, Suicune and Raikou. Suicune is all graceful and beautiful, Raikou's all Mighty AND a Sabertooth Cat (which is something I approve of. Moar paleo-ness for teh win!) and Lugia combines grace and power, in that odd dragon-bird-cetacean kind of way. I appreciate the thing's design, what can I say.

Gen 3... I've had a soft spot for Latios and Latias ever since they were introduced, and I don't really know why. But my true favorite of Generation 3 would have to be Deoxys. That thing is so frelled up biologically-speaking, it fascinates me. I have a thing for Biology, and especially alternative biology, and Deoxys' nature as a silicon based lifeform with adaptable biology makes it particularly interesting for me. On a side note, my favorite official form of it is the FireRed-based Attack Form.

Generation Four... Dialga and Shaymin. Shaymin is effing adorable. And Dialga's a Dragon/Steel type that makes utterly no sense. I love that design for some reason. >>;

Edit: Years later I've come to appreciate Giratina too. The thing has freaking MANDIBLES, damnit. Also, Sky Forme Shaymin is adorable if drawn right. >>;

I leik Mudkipz!! ... No, but seriously, I agree. I was so bored I actually decided to look at the Realm of N00bs forum spot. I nearly threw up. I didn't even know you could have 34 different options in a poll! I'm just glad no one even posted one. *shivers* And now that my monster rant is over, I'll focus on-topic.

1st Gen: I haven't had much experience here, but Mewtwo and... probably Articuno. Mewtwo can use both Special and Physical moves well, while Articuno's colors and beauty are astounding! Plus, it helps that it's an Ice-Type.

2nd Gen: Once more, not much experience her, but I do love most of them. Here, I adore Lugia, Ho-oh, and Suicune. Lugia is still the envy of some trainers if one is used well. Ho-oh is an interesting concept, and it's Sacred Fire is awesome. Granted only available in 4th gen through event match or VERY long trade process from Coliseum, it's still a fav. And Suicune is a balanced character, wielding multiple moves well.

3rd Gen: This is where I absolutely love the legendaries. Being my first generation of Pokemon, all of the legendaries are amazing here to me. I love Deoxys, Regice, and Rayquaza. Deoxys is an interstellar Pokemon, one of the first too and it uses awesome abilities. Regice... I don't know. It just seems to draw me in. And Rayquaza was my first legendary to be obtained. I am now the owner of the only Lv.100 Rayquaza in Sinnoh at the present time! ;D

4th Gen: Here is where most of my favs are. I like Arceus, Palkia, Giratina, and Darkrai. I loved the concept of Darkrai and Giratina, but not so much Arceus'. Arceus, though, was awesome considering the Plates action. And Palkia was my first legendary in the 4th gen. I loved it and I recently caught mine with a Net Ball! Giratina combines my two favorite types: Ghost and Dragon! Another favorite was Darkrai, having an interesting Moveset. And, yes, my decision was influenced by Movie 10.

So, there's my opinions, being one of my larger-sized posts.

AL has Spoken!
*POOF!*

I don't think I have a particular favorite for Gen 1. But like Stel, I did like Articuno for its majesty and the dex entry showing it to have a somewhat nicer disposition in comparison to the other two birds. (Zapdos constantly leers at you with th threat of being drill pecked or thunder bolted to death.) However, that was back when I was a kid. Currently, my favorite Gen 1 Legendary has to be Mew, mostly because of the two movies it appeared in. Its just so adorable...and pink. Its child-like exubrance and little cry amidst the fact that its one of the most Powerful Pokemon feels oddly endearing.

For Gen 2, I will once again agree with Stel in selecting Lugia and Suicune. Lugia is ridiculously cool, and at the same time very odd (a Psychic/Flying type dragon-bird thing with marginal control over the oceans) Suicune was just...the bishie of Pokemon, with its long, flowing hair and tails, hopping across the regions purifying lakes and what not.

Gen 3, Latios and Latias for starters, I liked the concept of the legendary twins, and while its difficult to identify just what I like about them, I can at least have a spot for them partly because of the movie. (Latias was friggin adorable there.) Among other Legendaries in this Gen, there's also Deoxys. The design of the normal form is very cool, as its ability to change into several other forms pertaining to its needs in battle.

Regirock, Regice and Registeel. At first I found them odd, they broke away from the fire-lightning-ice tradition, and one would ask if these 3 even count as Pokemon. But there's just something odd and cool about them. Plus, they're cries in the anime sound like a hip, techno beat.

Gen 4. For starters, there's Giratina and Darkrai. Totally emo choice, but I particularly like Darkrai for its movie debut, and Giratina for representing Death, and living in a strange, parallel dimension, and its sweet new origin form. Lastly there's Manaphy. Its also by the movie that I've grown to like this little blue thing, besides Shaymin, its also a cute Legendary that wasn't cliche enough to recieve Psychic typing.

1st Gen: Articuno - because at level 85 it learns Sheer Cold
2nd Gen: Celebi - unlike most people in NoAm and Eu, I managed to get one thanks to my uncle ^_^
3rd Gen: Rayquaza - using only Rayquaza, I've beaten the Kanto E4 with a party full of eggs
4th Gen: Giratina - because of the insane move Shadow Force

1st Gen: I like Mew. I mean, its that darn cute. 'Nuff said.

2nd Gen: Suicune.(It's my favorite legendary overall) It's so cool.Like I said in the username topic, I feel I'm connected to SUicune somehow. It's in most of my Pokemon related dreams. Also, water is my fave element...I'm also jealousof Suicune.....IT CAN WALK ON WATER!!!! Take that Lugia!

3rd gen: Jirachi. Its like the genie of Poke-world! Plus it's movie was the first Poke-movie to make me cry (yes, guys cry) since the first movie.

4th gen: Manaphy and Darkrai. The Manaphy movie was long, but worth it, saying, once again, that water is my fave element. Darkrai is just bada$$....He's a really good guy.

1st Gen:
Articuno, and Mewtwo are my favourite Legendary Pokemon in Kanto because I think they are strong and have a good move pool.

2nd Gen:
Lugia is my favourite Legendary Pokemon in Johto because I loved its appearance in Pokemon 2000.

3rd Gen:
Kyogre, Rayquaza, and Latios are my favourite Legandary Pokemon in Hoenn because I love the way they look and their moves.

4th Gen:
Dialga, and Palkia are my favourite Legendary Pokemon in because of their unique types and their amazing moves.

1st gen:articuno/mew,because of their gracefulness.
2nd gen:lugia/entei because they are made of 100%badassium.
3rd gen:the first game i ever had was saphire,so kyogre stands alone here,although an honorable mention to rayquaza,for having the most frustrating boss labrynth in any game ever,and took 17 resets of 70 ultra balls to capture.
4th:palkia/darkrai,because water/dragon is an ausome protection for palkia's nemesis The Ice,and darkrai for being the first emo/castlevania pokemon.

1st gen: Moltres, great overall look, and nice array of moves too.
2nd gen: Suicune, I dislike Lugia and Ho-Oh, well mostly Ho-oh cuz of his name :S and well I dont like lugia's look that much. So that leaves the dogs and overall suicune is the most graceful pokemon ever so yeah ... :p plus enti looks too much like an old wise man for some reason.
3rd gen: Kyogre, I dont like groudon's model much and Kyogre has a neat balance of brawn and brain to him. Rayquaza is close but ... yeah... lipstick kinda kills it :p
4th gen: Giratina, awesome look and great movepool. Plus unique typing :D

1st Gen: Mew because he looks cool.
2nd Gen: Lugia because I don't like Ho-oh and the legendary trio doesn't really appeal to me.
3rd Gen: Rayquaza. He's my favorite out of all legendaries.
4th Gen: Azelf, Mesprit, and Uxie because they actually look like pokemon.

None from first gen... Maybe Articuno but I'm unsure.
Suicune from second because I love dogs and water types. Also Lugia becuase I thought of it more as water, not psychic.
Latias/Latios for third because they were the first legendaries with genders and I never really considered them legendary.
Fourth gen. Too...many...legendaries >< but I kinda like Shaymin because its cute and grass, not a very "legendy" type.

:-X gnuh.. .MEW! mew is so cute you just want to..punch it in the face until its blood is dry and the grass is red
yeah.. also.. celebi.. celebis a jerk >;l but its cool... just dont like the design

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
My favourite Legendaries, per generation:

Generation I: Articuno and Zapdos tied, since Articuno looked cool and Zapdos was (and still is) stupidly powerful.
Generation II: Suicune, since I like Water-types. I liked Ho-Oh as well because he looks cool.
Generation III: Regice. He's in my team and has served me very well. I quite like Deoxys as well.
Generation IV: Palkia, since he has a cool typing and looks pretty sweet as well. Azelf second because the tiny terror is evil with Nasty Plot.

My favorite legendary pokemon out of all legends would have to be Dialga. I like how it looks as well as its moves in the game. It's strong and it's a steel/dragon type. It's the only legendary that I actually trained to level 100. It helped me through the elite four and...I...just love it.

P

PokeRad

First Gen:Articuno
Second Gen:Suicune
Third Gen:Latios
Fourth Gen:palkia

I think these are the best legendaries ever 8) But that is just my opinion... :-\

1st Gen:Articuno/Freezer Because he's an ice breathing phoenix and looks awe inspiring
2nd Gen:Ho-Oh, It's a beautiful rainbow phoenix and sacred fire is a powerful attack
3rd Gen:Latios, I guess he's quite cool :)
4th Gen:Giratina, he's super cool and his type combo is nearly unbeatable.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Mew. Mainly because he was the original legendary pokemon (That was unobtainable in the game). That's the mark of a true legendary in my opinion, you have to go out of your way to get one, not just catch it in game.

Ho-Oh. I love his colours and attacks. He just looks legendary. I love Phoenixes too :)

1st gen:dont have
2nd:suicune because he helped me to finish pokemon silver
3rd:deoxys he is one of my all time fav pokemon just because he has 4 forms and he is very strong and he is an alien pokemon
4th:that would be infernape i think it because he is very strng and he is one of the coolset in this gen cuz they have run out of ideas for pokemon

First gen: Articuno. Why? Because It was my Very first legendry
Second: Suicune. Reason: Mirror Coat LOL
Third: Latias. Reason: Made my first flash with her.
Fourth: Cressilia. Reason: DOUBLE TEAM >.

Long overdue reply coming, but my fave has to be Moltres. Ever since I saw the episode that featured Moltres's flame, it grew on me. And Moltres totally looks like a pheonix or fire bird.

Articuno comes a close second. The frost bird wins all the time. A cool composure with a caring but secret nature. It wins with a personality like that.

Articuno! (metallic sound). Pretty Birdie! Very serene 'n stuff. Mew was also my favorite for a loooooong time, I'm blaming the fact I got the first movie for Easter one year.

I would have to say Mewtwo. His power completely blew me away. Also, for any of you who watched a pokemon 'act/play' (about 8-9 years ago)where a huge cloud of smoke blew in and out came this awesome Mewtwo-like robot thing, and then after the play you got this big card with the Mewtwo thing on it, will probably agree with me.

Ok, let me think here...

Well, the one I really like the most is Latias. I don't know why, but ever since I saw the movie with Latias and Latios I've come come two like the two of them. But Latias more. I don't know, she's nicer than Latios. I never liked "tough" legendaries that much. (I think...)

First Gen: Mew.

Second Gen: Suicune.

Third Gen: Kyogre. First legendary I even caught.

Fourth Gen: Cresselia. I really like lunar atmospheres, and she just looks...beautiful.

~Christina~

1st Gen: Mewtwo
2nd Gen: Lugia (looks awesome compared to the rainbow turkey..errr I mean Ho-oh)
3rd Gen: It's a toss up between Rayquaza and Latias/Latios (Anyone notice how much Latios/Latias look like Lugia missing it's giant wings?)

4th gen: Don't have D/P yet so I have no idea, I know I hate a few of them for being Rip offs of certain 3rd Gen pokemon

4th Gen ripoff examples:

dpmfa487.png

emespr348.png

dpmfa486.png

emespr379.png

dpmfa485.png

emespr376.png

Anyone notice the similarities? Boy they're scraping the barrel now, if they are going to keep making new regions, future games should only have 1 maybe 2 legendaries because it's hard enough knowing there are so many unobtainable ones.