• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Favourite Gen 6 Starter!

Which is your current favourite?

• Chespin

Votes: 17 25.8%
  • Fennekin

Votes: 31 47.0%
  • Froakie

Votes: 18 27.3%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
gen-6-starter-trio.png
It had to be done. I present a simple poll with a simple question: out of the three Gen 6 starters, which is currently your favourite and why? :)

As of now my favourite is Chespin because I find it more adorable than the other two. Srsly, that's my reasoning. I'll need to see the evolutionary forms to truly judge which line I like more but for now Chespin is the starter I'm likely to choose first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Choosing between Chespin and Fennekin is too tough. :(

I like Chespin because it is really cute and has a fun design, but it's just a little too much like Oshawott for my tastes. Fennekin is a cute little fox, what's not to like there? x3

It'll depend what they evolve into, but for now my first choice will be little Fennekin.

Froakie, just mainly because it is blue and it is a frog.

Fennekin is getting too much attention and I hardly ever go for the most popular and Chespin I'll admit creeps me out a little.

Going to have to go Froakie as well. Something about Chespin puts me off and I have no idea what it is and Fennekin, gods is this overrated already it just looks like a fire type Zorua to me and something seems to be missing from it in my opinion.

I don't particularly like Chespin. It just seems like a normal Pokémon and not a starter. Probably because it isn't cold-blooded and green :p

Froakie is my second favourite, because I can see its evolutions being based on French aristocracy. However, Fennekin wins it for me. I really like foxes and Pokémon based on them, so it's an instant favourite.

I really can't decide even at this point. xD

Mostly, it's a tossup between Froakie and Chespin. Fennekin's cute and all but there's not much to it's design, at least for me. The other two seem a lot more unique to me.

Froakie's a frog with a cloud on its back and that cute little moustache. Chespin breaks the trend of reptilian Grass Starters and has the color scheme to g with it. Fennekin for me is just a yellow fox with ear fluff. Cute but not much too look at. I'd still train it though.

Ultimately, I'm gonna let the stats and movepool of the pokes decide.

I'm going with Chespin for now, mostly because I think it's pulling an Oshawott and hiding a badass final evolution with even stats and a great movepool. That, and I'm very curious to try exploring outside the Fire and Water types I normally use, and try the wild variety for once.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
I'm really biased towards foxes and canines in general, so it's really unfair for the others that Fennekin's there. XD

But I really love all the starters djecuijfwoicw Chespin is adorable as is Froakie (with this super cute name too omg) and can I just say I want them all ;;

Froakie is my favorite for now. Future evolutions will play a big role in who I choose as my starter, but Froakie is in the lead so far. I guess I like him 'cause I've always had fun playthroughs choosing Water starters, and he's cute. His shade of blue is pretty and I like the image in my mind of him hopping all around. Chespin and Fennekin are nice as well so I'd be fine picking whoever.

Chespin is my favorite, because of that comical getup, the possibility of a dual Dark type, the possibility of good evos and move pool, and it seems like it would be stronger than it appears.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I'm really stuck between Chespin and Fennekin now :3

At first my clear favourite was Fennekin, purely because Foxes are my favourite animal. But after some random conversation between KoL and I, I've grown quite attached to Chespin, although that attachment is purely down to it's potential to hopefully evolve into some sort of rabid demon hamster xD

I still do like all three, but maybe Chespin is now swaying my favouritism slightly~

Without stats or anything else to go off, Froakie would be my choice. I would like to use something that has decent type coverage, if not amazing offensive abilities.

How is Fennekin the runaway favorite in the poll, but not the thread itself?

That said, Fennekin is my absolute favorite by very long shot--and I say that despite the fact that I like the other two as well. In particular, it's good to see a mammalian grass stater. But I'm definitely going with fire unless Fennekin has horrid evolved forms or (even worse) horrid stats. It's just too cute.

I think its a load of newbies who just lurk who have voted. I'm actually kind of disappointed at how far Fennekin is running ahead. Then again anything that is based on a canine is too popular for its own good. Arcanine, Eevee, Lucario and Ninetales are good examples

This is a huge 180 in my case. Last generation I liked the arguably least popular of the starters (specifically Emboar), now I'm favoring the most popular one. Hey, I like what I like xD

Froakie is the only correct answer to this topic.

Lol. Fennekin is still my favorite, but something happened after I posted the first time. I had a dream where I picked Froakie...and I might just act on it just because. Same thing applies; if Froakie's evos, stats, or movepool suck, I'm picking something else/

I'm probably in the minority when I say I'm still picking Chespin. Despite its terrible evolution, I still like this Pokemon the best. He really grew on me, and I'm willing to accept Quilladin when picking Chespin. I'm sticking by my original choice, regardless of the second-stage evolutions.

As for the other two, I definitely like Froakie more, so he's my choice for X. As for Fennekin...I dunno, if they release a thrid game(or a sequel for each game), I choose him, but right now, he's my last choice.

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
My choice of Froakie continues to be reaffirmed, and there is little at this point that can ruin it for me. That being said, I already know a Grass and Fire type from Gen VI that I want to use (Gogoat and Talonflame). My team seems to be shaking out nicely. :)

My favourite at the moment has got to be Chespin. I love grass types and this lil guy is really cute. :D Fennekin would be my second favourite though as I do love Foxes. :3

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Stole these off Facebook because, as much as I dislike hashtags, I find them quite adorable. This also reminds me that after all this time, and despite the reveal of a somewhat bad evolution, I still love Chespin. ♥

1380674_412108598911090_745774605_n.png
1385869_412108595577757_221139849_n.png
1381524_412108602244423_2090307385_n.png

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I know but foxes are my favourite animal and eeeeeeee~

And just to make your choice more difficult (or easier!)... :3

trio.png

Anime-Style-Kalos-Starters.png

chespin_img.png
fennekin_img.png
froakie_img.png

Gotta admit, Fennekin is pretty damn adorable outside of its Sugi artwork. Froakie has also really grown on me over time too. I love all three of them now. ♥

Sir Red

Charms' Caped Crusader
Notice how Katie only shows the first forms in all of these pictures. It is because as soon as you see the middle forms it because painfully obvious that Froakie is the best!!!! >=O I am on to you, Katie-face! D:< #TeamFroakie

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
@Linkachu All three starters are just so cute in these D:

So I've just seen what appears to be the leaks of the three final stater evolutions and I just can't have Chespin, I just can't. The cuteness of the beginning cannot undo the horror, and thus I'll be going with Fennekin. Sorry @ShinyZekrom009 but I just can't, #TeamFennekin all the way, you are a stronger person that I :D

@Linkachu All three starters are just so cute in these D:

So I've just seen what appears to be the leaks of the three final stater evolutions and I just can't have Chespin, I just can't. The cuteness of the beginning cannot undo the horror, and thus I'll be going with Fennekin. Sorry @ShinyZekrom009 but I just can't, #TeamFennekin all the way, you are a stronger person that I :D

It's okay, if you want Fennekin then choose Fennekin :D

But yeah, those final forms, ugh, I imagined them all as much better, and these shattered my hopes. I like the final Chespin form the most, though, so that's good. However, I can still say that ALL of the final starters forms greatly disappointed me. :(

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Notice how Katie only shows the first forms in all of these pictures. It is because as soon as you see the middle forms it because painfully obvious that Froakie is the best!!!! >=O I am on to you, Katie-face! D:< #TeamFroakie

Damn, he's knows too much! *sharpens sword* D:<

(I haven't come across any non-Sugi official artwork for the mid stagers yet but I'd love to see their Dream World-styled artwork if such exists already. :D)

I actually really, really like the final stage of Chespin's line... Is there something wrong with me? ;___;

Last edited:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
I had a feeling you'd like it. It seems like your sort of Pokémon.

... I'm not sure how I feel about the thing personally. It reminds me of certain things that I like, but also of certain things that I quite dislike. Its stats don't really seem all that fscking brilliant either.

I'm still debating whether I'm going for Chespin or Fennekin, though. Froakie's final (or at least one of its most prominent features) seriously ruins it for me.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I actually really, really like the final stage of Chespin's line... Is there something wrong with me? ;___;
Noooooo, of course there isn't xD The design itself isn't all that bad, it's just not something I want to have as my final starter, it just doesn't do much for me. The final form of Fennekin however I do really like and that's swayed me, as I like the whole line and as foxes are my favourite animal it'd be wrong of me to ignore xD

I think im kinda late but I think Froakie and Chespin are battling out to see who gonnabe my starter I love both of there last evolution but im starting to think greninja maybe extremly fast and overpowered while chespin last evolution is gonna be the balanced poke i really don't like Fenekin and i don't think i will cause its a little ugly [sorry fenikin fans] so yep thats my opinion

Yes, I'm still sticking with Chespin. It looked almost nothing like I pictured it, but ah well, it's not too bad for me. Fennekin's final form...eh, it's alright, just nowhere near a favorite of mine.

Greninja of course is an abomination, I don't even understand why they made the awesome Frogadier evolve into...this. Seriously, I'm considering Fennekin over Froakie for X now something I would not have thought possible even two days ago.