• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantasy High School

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle twitched a little while sleeping, from 20 hours of working on killing people or at least hurt people. Then a loud slow old teacher came out of nowhere. "Y'all... Got A+'s or whatever you youngsters call it. Now go be free for the day you all worked hard." The old man said. Poof!, They were back in the classroom but Kyle fell waking him up from his sleep. "I LIKE COFFEE!.... Oh... Hi everyone!" Kyle said.

Upon teleporting rather randomly back to the classroom, the girl jerked backward in the chair she seemingly appeared in after shouting "We passed!", effectively tumbling backwards with a dull thud.
“ACK-” was all she managed afterwards as she hit the ground immediately breaking down into helpless laughter shortly after. She hadn’t even realized that she’d still been holding Parker’s jacket until she used it to dabble at tears that had threatened to spill from her eyes. She heaved herself up, still laughing her ass off, blindly attempting to hand Parker his jacket back.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker hadn't awoken yet when the the test had been finished. He was thrown violently into a wall and fell to the floor with a loud crashing sound. He laid on the floor for a few seconds, moaning in pain until he realized where he was. He was back in the classroom. How? Why? Was the time up?

"Aubrey! Are you okay? Did we pass? Is that what this is?"

Tes was sitting by her fire when she heard the call of passing. As she teleported, the girl maintained position. "Huh, what the?" Tes asked nobody in particular. I'm running on electricity now. Better hope we get some time to rest.

JPSomeone

"Well that's my call." Kyle said as he left the classroom. The reason he left was because he had no one to talk unless he just talking to other guys in the dorm because they were bored. So when got the dorm and entered it was like a blast of loneliness waiting to be accepted into society. After that he just sat on his bed staring at the ceiling.

Still plagued with laughter, Aubrey nodded after recovering from her fall. She managed a breathless chuckle.
"Yeah, yeah, I'm okay," she replied. She looked up curiously, as the Ghoul left the room.
He was the one who was so near us, right? Hm.
"I'll be right back," she muttered, standing up and following, towards the dorm. She promptly knocked on the door, silently a bit nervous that he would open the door and just.. eat her. Eat her face.
No, that's really dumb. Stop.

JPSomeone

"Hm?" Kyle looked at the door. Who could be knocking at the door Kyle thought. He got off his bed and to open the door. To his surprise he saw the girl was laughing like Manic Magee. "What do you want?" Kyle said coldly.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel teleported randomly back to the classroom, and fell on the floor, luckily breaking his fall with his mechanic hand, which took a bit of damage, just a dent. "I passed." He mutered, before looking at the dent in his mechanic hand. "Guess I'm gonna have to fix that, right?" He said. He walked out of the classroom. luckily he had a few things in his dorm that he could use to fix the dent. When he was arriving at the door, he noticed the girl with two skintones in front of the dorm, looking at Kyle. He noticed Kyle's cold look, which scared him for a moment. "Uh, hi. Am I... interrupting anything?" He managed to say, a bit akward. His mechanic hand made a little noise, which meant that the hit it took might have been a bit stronger than he thought.

JPSomeone

"Not really but your love bird over here came out of nowhere." Kyle said as cold as can be. He looked at the guy who just walked by who was momentarily stunned but also Abit awkward. Kyle almost felt sorry for the guy, almost. "Now what do need or want?" Kyle said a little impatient.

Maniac Magee? Harsh, especially from Mr. I’m-So-Emo-I-Devour-Souls. Who’s he to talk? And love bird? Why you little-
It was then that she noticed how short she was, and had to look up at him. She straightened her back, meeting his cold stare.
“So- Kyle, is it?” she muttered, plucking his name from memories with ease. “You’re a Ghoul, and- I was curious, naturally- So I kinda felt- you were.. You were starving. Like, legitimately starving. I felt it. Are you actually willing to kill a student just to satisfy your own hunger? Or was that just the specific circumstance of life or death?” she asked. She didn’t quite mean to come across harsh, but her tone had become taut.
She turned at the sound of a new voice- the other pity-taker.
"Oh! No, I- sorry, I didn't mean to get in the way-"

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel was a bit confused about what Kyle had just said. What did he mean with "love bird"? He kept thinking for a few moments, before snapping back into reality when the girl talked to him, seeming a bit akward as well as him. "No need to worry." He said. "Guess we never met before, right? I'm Manuel." He said, introducing himself to her, waving gently with his mechanic hand, which made that little noise again. He decided to ignore it, after all, he would fix it later.

JPSomeone

"Ok look that's my business. Go ask another ghoul but I'll tell you one thing. When us ghouls are hungry there is no stopping us." Kyle said. Once he got a look at the other guys face he noticed he mixed things up about what he saw. The other guy who was with this girl was still in the classroom. "Also looks like I got things mixed up I'm sorry to both of you." Kyle said it honestly.

Last edited:
Aubrey pursed her lip, but her stance seemed to soften a bit.
“Thank you, really. I just.. I don’t know, I think I’m not just used to this environment. Everyone having powers just feels so.. Irresponsible? Unsafe? C’mon, we’re a group of angsty teens with unexplained talents. “ She paused for a second, and it appeared that she deflated a bit, ducking her head. “That’s probably just me. Sorry.”
She turned away, feeling rather dumb, waving very faintly to Manuel as she left with an apologetic smile.
"Name's Aubrey," she introduced as she hurried into the room she’d been back in, her face flushed.
“Hi, sorry, didn’t mean to get caught up,” she mumbled to Parker as she sat back down.

“What the-,” Zack said, suddenly appearing in a desk, back at the start of the simulation. Oh no, oh no I slept through the entire class!!! Zack thought as he got out of the chair. Before he could panick however, he noticed everyone else with a similar expression as his. He let out a sigh of relief. It wasn’t a dream after all. Zack made his way back to the dorm, where a girl walked out of the room. He blinked dumbfoundedly.
“Alrighty then...” Zack muttered to himself, walking inside. He saw Manuel and Kyle had already gotten back, and he wondered what had been going on. He shrugged it off, not being his business.
“Hey guys, do you know what class we have next?” He asked walking over to his bed. He rubbed the back of his head, feeling a bit nauseous after the teleporting. At least he got an A!

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel smiled. "Well that's one nice girl." He thought to himself, and sat on his bed, looking at his mechanic hand. "Time to fix this." He said, then concentrated. His eyes flashed blue, looking almost as some sort of scanner. He analyzed the hand's inside, and noticed that a few circuits were broken. He sighed. He closed his eyes, concentrated a bit more, and then opened his eyes.
Restore. The circuits slowly seemed to repair themselves, until finally putting themselves back together. He stopped using his powers, then moved his hand around to test the results. Everything seemed fine. "First time I get to use my powers in here." He thought, then layed down on his bed, looking at the ceiling.

JPSomeone

Kyle went back into the boys dorm. With nothing to do and nothing on his mind he went to lay on his bed. While laying on his bed he stared at the ceiling. Paying attention to the ceiling was hard while the other guy was fixing his mechanical hand. "Hey mind keeping it down?" Kyle asked.

(figured I’d at least post something small to force you guys to get notifications. Don’t want this to die :/)
Aubrey ducked her head sheepishly as everyone left one by one. She’d assumed that they were to go to the next class, but maybe not? She glanced at Parker, and then down at her clothes, which were on the verge of dirty considering she’d slept on the forest floor the night prior.
“Hey, so, I’m gonna go back to my dorm, but I’ll.. see you around?” She inquired lightly, offering a small wave accompanied by an equally small smile and hurrying to the girl’s dorm.
(Wow. Such an eventful post.)

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker looked at Aubrey as she sort of jogged off down the hall. She probably just wants to get some rest before the next class, I don't blame her...

"
Okay, I'll see you at the next class! Don't be too long, you don't wanna be late!" He shouted down the hall after her. I should probably go back and shower, a whole day in the forest isn't very hygienic.

Tes watched as people left the room, so left she did. Tes made her way to the girls dorm, unlocking the door with her key. She took out some blue bair dye and headed to the bathroom area. While she dyed her hair blue, her body absorbed some electricity giving her the equivalent of 2 hours of sleep. Tes then waited on her bed for her hair to dry. (Another uneventful post.)

"Uh.. No one gonna answer my question?" Zack asked the group, who seemed to be in a pretty grouchy mood. Zack definitely didn't want to be around that.
"Well, I'll just find out myself... See you guys later," Zack said as he got up and walked out of the room. Ok, just have to find where to go now... Zack told himself, asking several other students if they had any idea. Luckily, he got an answer after the 10th time. Attack class. That ought to be just peachy. He let out a sigh, and found what he was pretty sure was the right room. It basically a large box, with a bunch of rows of seats, and at the back of the room, a large flat platform where he assumed the combat would go down.
"Well, for the first time in my life I'm early!" Zack said, surprised. He took a walk down the stairs to the front row and took a seat, waiting for class to start.
(Thanks for that @_obsequious :) )

As Tes's hair finished it's drying, the girl made her way to class 2. It was battle class. So soon after that first period? What are we doing here, a tournament? As she entered the room, it became evident that the only other person in the room was in the first row. Tes immediately reconized him from first period. Walking up and taking the seat next to him, "So after first period, what do you expect for this class?"

Zack was a little surprised that someone decided to sit next to him, though it was someone he knew, it still S H O C K E D (Ha, puns.) him. He took a moment, fumbling with his words.
"Uh, well um," Zack stopped and collected his thoughts. "Well, considering everyone almost died in self defense, I'm betting most of the students will walk out of here with some sort of broken bone," Zack finally managed to spit out. He still felt a little awkward, being the only two in the room, there was nothing but silence and his voice, he almost felt like keeping his volume down. Plus it didn't help he was naturally weird around new people, most of the time.

JPSomeone

Kyle got up out his bed and went straight to second period. This was when he saw from self defense class. Slowly again he took a seat in the right corner of the class room. This class people are probably going to get but not as badly.
Out of nowhere the teacher begins class. "Good morning class." The teacher said.

(Would anyone like to control this teacher?)

“What do you mean I missed Self-Defense??” Mallory started at the teacher with a glare. After wandering aimlessly looking for her first class, she ended up finding it at the last moment when it had just ended. “Ugh... whatever!” Mallory shot the teacher a nasty look and exited the door, kicking up some dust from the ground, causing a small pillar of earth being shot up from the ground, causing a rumble. She began her search for her next class. She eventually found it, with little time wasted. “Oh sure, I find this class, but not my first class..”, she muttered as she entered the room with an unhappy look and took a seat in front of a boy in the right corner.

After a brief shower and changing of clothes, Aubrey fumbled with her schedule with a pursed lip.
Attack?
She sighed briefly, quick to take to the halls and track the class down. She walked in to see a few people there- Kyle, she recognized, and two other familiar fac- wait, hadn’t her hair been green last class?- And some other random people, some of which who shot her looks.
I wonder why.
She blinked, taking a seat near the middle, which wasn’t quite around anyone- which was nice. The farther she was from people, the less likely that their thoughts would come flooding in to her head without warning.
Is there a “Learn How to Block All the Voices in Your Head” class on the schedule? Because that would be d a n d y .

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker finished getting ready and rushed out of his dorm room. He fumbled a bit locking the door with his key, but he got it without too much trouble. He looked again at his schedule and found the room he was looking for before too long. He peeked inside looking to see if Aubrey had already made it here. It didn't take him long to find her, and making his way into the room he waved and took the seat next to her.

"Hey, this is like a combat training class right? I'm personally better for defense but I should be fine... How do you think you're gonna do?"

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel sighed. "Better get to class." He said, looking at his schedule. "Attack, huh?" He muttered, and then went out of the room, looking for the classroom, finally finding it after a few minutes of walking around aimlessly. He noticed that a few people were there, anda he took his seat in the front row. "Please tell me I can get access to technology..." He muttered. He barely managed to make it through the Self-Defense class without really using technology, and without it he would be at a huge disadvantage if he had to fight.

Aubrey scrunched up her nose, making a face.
“Gah. I’m.. not the best. I took martial arts as a kid, but power-wise?” She gestured to her head. “Not too useful. Unless I could find their greatest fear and use it against them, but that sounds a little cruel.” She tilted her head vaguely at the crowd before her. Cruel, but probably effective...
A large bang snapped her out of her thoughts, and a young man stood in the doorway with a kind smile as the doors fluttered shut behind him.
“Hello, class! I’m Mr. Burnsworth, and I’m your Attack teacher.” He grinned. Aubrey, out of curiosity, ventured into his head.
His first year teaching. Obviously excited, but he kind of wants to go home to his fiancé. That’s sweet.
He went on explaining what they’d be doing. He’d select two random students, and they’d match on the combat floor, until the other was on the ground. Simple enough.
Mr. B looked at his roster, curiously browsing, and selected two girls who already seemed to hate each other. The fight was simple, but he stopped it when hair started being pulled.
“Alright..!” He cringed, forcing his smile back as he checked his list again. “May I have.. hm.. Mallory, and.. Mallory and Kyle on the combat floor, please?”
(Sorry for picking random names, i can change them if you want o_o)

“Mallory and Kyle on the combat floor, please?”

Mallory perked up and shot the teacher a pissy look and rolled her eyes, raising her hand, “Ugh, teacher? Couldn’t we take this outside? I don’t know if you know this but..”

She kicked her heel against the floor and another small pillar of earth shot up from ground, breaking through the floorboards of the classroom, rumbling loudly.

JPSomeone

"Eh sure I'm fine outside..." Kyle said. All he needed was a little taste of blood then his abilities would kick in. He looked at her with a creepy smile one his face. Slowly shaking his in disbelief of what he was doing he put out one hand. "May the best person win!" Kyle said trying for a kind smile.

Aubrey watched as Mr. Burnsworth face crumpled a bit. His thought read solely oh. The schoolboard’s going to kill me if I don’t fix that floorboard.
The young man perked back up with a forced smile, looking defeated. “Yes, of course, my bad, but I would thoroughly appreciate if you weren’t to.. to, um, demonstrate..? Such a power in the room. I’m not so sure as to how to fix that.” He tried, and led the class outside, where a platform similar to the one inside the class resided. Aubrey walked with a doubtful step, her burning gaze on the Ghoul. She knew what he could do, and quite frankly, it was easy to tell the lengths he’d go to pursue it. Hell, it was easy even to a non mind-reader.
But she couldn’t bring herself to pipe up. She was just a short girl in the background with a weird-as-hell skin condition. Nervously, she chewed at her inner cheek as the teacher blew a little whistle, signaling them to start.

Zack cringed as the pillar of rock shot from the ground into the ceiling. He could only imagine the repair cost for that was going to be. He willingly obliged to going outside for the match, though he didn't want to. He then got up out of his chair.
"Well this ought to be fun," Zack muttered to the girl next to him. Wait. I don't even know her name yet. Zack remembered.
"Oh yea, um. I never got your name, did I?" Zack asked, really hoping he hadn't already forgotten somehow.

Tes shook her head. "No, I don't think you did." She left it at that. "So, a rock person vs a ghoul. Who wins?" Tes placed her bets on the ghoul, only if blood is drawn. If not, rock girl wins.

It was Mallory VS. Kyle.

Mallory shot said boy a nasty look and dug her foot into the ground outside, prepared for anything and everything in the combat area. She could’ve sworn she heard someone mutter ‘rock girl’ near her and she growled. ‘Whoever you are, for your sake, you better be glad I’m letting that slide.’ She thought bitterly.

She looked back at Kyle and tilted her head forward with a sour frown, “Alright, Kyle.” She stomped the ground with her right foot and a large section of the earth broke off from the ground, forming some kind of boulder under her. It began to float up, levitating in mid air with her standing calmly on it.

“Show me what you can do.”

Mallory’s thoughts were easy to read, like they were- well, like they were etched in stone.
Whoever you are, for your sake, you better be glad I’m letting that slide.
She seemed unaftaid to be violent; ready to attack, even if she wasn’t in this situation. She seemed, just.. pissed. Perpetually pissed, from what Aubrey could tell while doing a brief mind-check. Was there a softer side underneath the layer of stone?
Aubrey continued her nervous gnaw at her inner cheek, because naturally it was just something she did when she was anxious. It was just a habit.
Formation and destruction of the earth below her was a huge advantage, but if blood was drawn?
She saw it- not in her imagination, but in his memories specifically.
She tried to repress a shudder. It didn’t work.

Sheesh. Is everyone rude around here? Zack thought, walking outside. He wasn't going to place bets on who won, but if he had to guess, he thought the rock girl would win. It wouldn't take much to simply make a rock bunker and just pelt the ghoul from inside, but that was just his thoughts. Zack walked away from the crowd of kids and over to a wall, a further away from everyone. This was going to be, interesting.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel looked at Mallory and Kyle on top of the platform. He thought that Mallory would win if Kyle wasn’t fast enough to dodge her attacks. If blood was drawn, things were going to get messy. He sighed, then thought about his situation.
“What am I going to do when it’s my turn? I barely know karate, and with only a mechanic hand as technology, I can’t do much power-wise.” He thought, biting his bottom lip. He felt nervous.

Aubrey seemed to take notice in Manuel’s anxiety, hearing his stress clearly in her head, and for once she decided to do something about it. She waved briefly at him, trying to get his attention.
“Hey- sorry, hi, are you- are you okay? You just seem really worried.” She asked softly, offering a small smile.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel looked at Aubrey, who seemed to have noticed his anxiety. "Uh, hey. I'm just... A bit worried about what I'm going to do when it's my turn to fight." He said. "My powers won't be of much help up there, and I'm not really good at fighting." He added, still not sure about what he would do. He sighed.

Aubrey nodded.
“Yeah, I.. I see where you’re coming from. Mine’s not really the best for combat.” She cringed lightly, awkwardly scratching the back of her neck. She studied his hand with a vague curiousity, but said nothing more.