• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Fantasy High School

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker could feel his face heating up and turning bright red. He didn't know if it was from the heat or the fact that the girl had nestled into his shoulder.

"Y-Yeah, we should probably get moving. The flames probably attracted some attention..." His mind was racing, the combat mixed with this girl had caused him to lose his senses for a bit. "By the way, I never caught your name. My name's Parker, what about you?"

"Wow, I- sorry, I didn't mean to- do that, I kinda just.. I, uh. Aubrey," the girl mumbled, in response to his question, while feeling her cheeks heat at his temporary stun. A bit awkwardly, she flashed a small smile, proceeding to climbing down the tree. She heard shouting from quite a good distance away, something about a fire, and it felt like her stomach flipped upside down. Okay, yeah, so people definitely saw that.
Nervously, she chewed at her inner cheek (a habit she'd developed out of stress), glancing around. They really ought hurry.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker leaped down from the tree, regaining his posture and preparing to leave the area. He looked the two boys on the floor, they're clothes were charred and partially melted and they had some burn marks on their body. Maybe those burn scars will teach them to stop making fun of people for their appearance...

Parker looked back at the girl making sure that she hadn't been hurt in any way. "I think we should leave now, the other kid seems to have run away... Well, ready to go?"

Aubrey's gaze fell on the boys on the ground, who were unconscious and slathered with burns that were partially hidden by tattered, blackened clothes. She felt a pit of guilt make it's way into her stomach.
"That's gonna leave a scar," she mused, mainly to herself. She fidgeted faintly, toying with her strangely pigmented hands. They were asses, but still...
But they made fun of you.
But they could be really badly hurt!
No, they're assholes. They deserved it.
But...

She had convinced herself that her skin was ugly, anyway. She'd already decided that. But it was still a little brutal to hear someone else say it out loud.
The uncertainty in her eyes was prominent, but she shook her head. "Yeah. Let's go," she muttered, with a final glance at them.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker started walking, trailing just a few steps behind Aubrey. The girl looked troubled and that bothered him. He couldn't help but notice the strange look she was wearing and the way her eyes were darting around the place, like they were looking for something that wasn't there.

"Hey Aubrey, are you okay? It seems like something is bothering you. Er, y-you don't have to tell me if you don't want to, but I'm here to listen if you need to tell someone."

"I... I just... I don't know, I kinda feel bad for... for leaving them there." she mumbled, running her hands along the splotchy skin of her arms. She wasn't quite sure if Parker was the kind of person to...
A.) Shrug and carry on
B.) Insist that he felt bad, too
C.) Or try and convince her that they deserved it,
but she figured it was one of those. It couldn't have been more than 3 hours already, meaning she had more than twenty to get the A.
And Aubrey Hill was definitely going to get the A.
It felt nice, though, to have someone with her to talk to. She never really was the best at talking, but in this survival-of-the-fittest Hunger Games scenario...
thing...
It was more than comforting.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker understood how Aubrey had felt. He liked her, and he wanted to stay with her through this assignment. He decided to just speak his mind about the situation, no point in lying to her.

"I definitely think they deserved it, but I still feel bad. I regret having to do what I did, and I regret that they made fun of you before. I wish I had more control of my power so that I didn't have to hurt people so badly... Maybe then I could have saved him back then... Anyway, we can go back and drop them off somewhere safer if would make you feel better."

Aubrey nodded briefly, pursing her lip.
"I'd say that we could, but people are heading this way because of the fireball." she observed. They couldn't see anyone, or hear them, but one of the many perks of mind-reading.
It became apparent that she hadn't told him what her power was, but it wasn't something she boasted about. If he asked, yeah, but she'd stay silent until then. A thought was quick to strike her.
"Okay- so I just realized- What kind of class is allowed to keep their students for twenty four hours? It's a neat assessment, yeah, but it's just.. Is that only weird to me?" she asked curiously. It was kind of something she did, to ramble a lot about off-topic things. One of her many quirks.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker hadn't really thought about the fact that they were in this class for a full day. However, now he was thinking about it, and he wasn't thrilled about it.

"Yeah, I guess that is kind of weird. We need to find food, and we need to find a place to sleep. Speaking of sleeping, we'll need to sleep in shifts so we can keep watch. I'll take longer shifts because I don't sleep that much anyways." This is gonna be harder than I thought it was... At least I have Aubrey, that'll help a lot.

Ah.
Cue the release of Aubrey Hill's stubborn side.
"Hah! Wow. That was.. actually kind of funny. Yeah, no, you need to sleep. That fireball looked exhausting. Besides, it's not like I can't pull an all-nighter," she chuckled, tucking a loose strand of hair that had fallen in her face away. Unintentionally hearing the thoughts of people outside while she was trying to sleep had done a good job of keeping her awake throughout the years, gradually lessening her need for sleep. Not to mention that she could probably sense their thoughts long before either of them saw them. If they got ambushed or something crazy like that, it'd be easy for her to know in advance. She hadn't really made her power known to many people, except one, who was passed out on a forest floor and likely wouldn't remember much upon his awakening.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Are you sure? I really don't sleep that much to begin with and I wouldn't want you to be tired tomorrow, we still have to make it a whole 24 hours." Parker didn't want to seem too concerned, but he really wanted to take the longest shifts possible. "If we're being honest... I want to take the longer shifts because I don't want to accidentally kill you."

JPSomeone

Previously Kyle From Hoenn
Kyle must of took a big book cause the desert heat was starting to get to until he saw a guy in glass. "Ah... A thinker... Quite nice." Kyle said. He walked around the glass thinking of ways to get through. Then he just struck it with the crystals hoping for the best.

"Well, I must admit that being accidentally killed by my only potential frien-" She stopped herself and corrected it. "-ally, would be pretty traumatic, but..." Aubrey paused. "Are you sure? Something tells me this is gonna end with us both refusing to sleep and arguing about the other going to sleep."
"Go to sleep."
"No, I'm not tired.
You go to sleep."
"You need it. Go to sleep."
"I do not, so I will not."
"If you don't go to sleep I might have to fireball you."
"If you don't go to sleep I'll find out your deepest secret."
"Why, you little..."
"Go to sleep."

The thought of that made her chuckle more than a bit. Eventually she had to bring her hand over her mouth to hide it to the best of her abilities, but it didn't end so well, and the only noise she made for a bit was soft, muffled laughter.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Friend? Was she about to say friend? Parker's thoughts were making him blush again, he hadn't had a friend since the incident five or so years ago. His blushing and thoughts were cut off by a muffled noise, laughter, and he had to admit that it was pretty cute.

"What are you laughing about over there? We need to keep moving, but I guess I wouldn't mind being let in on this joke."

Aubrey finally got her helpless laughter under control, drawing it out in that soft whine that tended to follow a harsh laugh-attack.
She heard his mind, tense with nervousness.
The incident?
No friends? At all? For five years?
HE THOUGHT MY LAUGH WAS KIND OF CUTE I’M GOING TO SCREAM
Stop over-analyzing things.
Stop snooping around in his mind!

“Hah- oh, God, it was nothing, I just.. here, so since we’re friends as of four seconds ago, I really need you to take this because it blocks my power which is making it really hard for me to think.”
She said it kind of quickly, pressing a small black stone into his hand, and immediately his thoughts became a fuzz to her, a fuzz she couldn’t read. She sighed softly in relief, rubbing her temples to relieve herself of the ache that had dawned upon her head.
It was a chip of a stone called SkyFire, a stone that had mysteriously blocked her mind-reading from whoever held it. She had a few pieces left, but only gave them to her friends. Of which she had one. She didn’t want to invade their privacy like that..

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
What is this, a stone? She said it blocked her power? What power is that?

Parker had more than a few questions, which he assumed would be answered sooner or later. More importantly... S-She called us friends. I have a friend... Parker felt his face start to heat up again, and snapped out of that train of thought.

"So uhhh, what exactly is your power?"

She pursed her lip, awkwardly scratching the back of her neck.
"Uh. I, uh, well- it's.. mind reading?" she tried, scuffing her Converse on the ground, tilting her head upward slightly to study his expression, his reaction, automatically ready to gauge how much he'd decide to hate her.
She really didn't want him to freak out, like some people... and leave.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Mind reading? So you know everything other people are thinking? That's really cool! Do you hear everything, or only what you want to? Is it scary to know what other people think of you? Has anyone ever thought about things that make you laugh?" Parker was extremely fascinated and had so many questions for the girl. "Oh, sorry.... I shouldn't be gushing like this, not very mature of me huh?"

She laughed quietly at his enthusiasm. Certainly hadn't been expecting that.
She was expecting fury, annoyance, horror. For him to scream something like "GET OUT OF MY HEAD". But it didn't happen.
"Not immature at all! It's.. well, it's sort of.. I can hear what people are thinking all the time, but if I want to, say, find something out that happened earlier- memories- I have to actually concentrate on the person, and that gives me headaches. And- yeah, it's terrifying! Especially cause-" she gestured nonchalantly to her face, which was still oddly pigmented. Huzzah, Vitiligo! "-cause all this. It kind of hurts, actually, sometimes."
Her voice dropped a bit, and her gaze fell on the ground. She looked upset for a moment, before she drew her drooped shoulders back up and fixed her face. And then she grinned faintly.
"Yeah, I've heard some pretty weird things." she glanced at him with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Like when you thought my laugh was cute. Hah!" and then she cut herself off. "Wait. Was that too much? Is it too early for me to tease you? I don't- I'm not too familiar with the whole 'friends' thing. Uhm- Sorry. I think?"

Last edited:

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker hadn't really expected her to say what she did. Aubrey hadn't had any friends? But she was so nice...

"Oh! You heard me think that huh? Well I mean, it is... And I don't actually know a lot about having friends. I had one, but that was a long time ago... So as far as I know, there isn't really a 'time' to tease!" Parker rose his voice and tried not to seem too down, he didn't want her to worry about him.

After having walked such a distance, Parker was sure that they were secluded enough to set up camp. He found an open spot completely surrounded by trees and bushes thick enough that they weren't visible inside of it. "How about right here Aubrey? It seems really well hidden and big enough to make a comfortable camp inside of."

Aubrey, naturally, noticed this slight change of behavior, but firmly decided not to talk about it. She assumed it had something to do with "The Incident", and could tell it was a sensitive subject that shouldn't be brought up for a long time.
"Ooh, yeah, this looks good! Especially with all these bushes.." she mused to herself, planning it in her mind, neatly storing the information into spaces in her head. It looked like there was a dandelion patch over there, and she knew if they were in a dire situation that they were edible.
"Water might be an issue, though," she added lightly, because from what she'd seen there weren't any streams, rivers, lakes, ponds... Any body of water.

It's been a while since she saw another life form. A while ago, Tes saw a boy running away from another kid, but she was smart to stay out of it. Cupping her hands with snow, she melted it into clean water over her fire. "Gotta keep charged and I won't need to sleep." She said to herself. That was another amazing skill. As long as she's charged, sleep isn't needed.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Water huh? Yeah that might be a problem... There are plenty of edible plants and other such things in the forest, but without water we'll be at a major disadvantage." Parker knew they wouldn't die without water for a day, but it would be very uncomfortable and tire them out very quickly. "I guess we'll just have to look around and see if we can find something. Plants will have some moisture but probably not enough to sustain us." These next 18 or so hours were gonna be tough, but Aubrey made things much more enjoyable.

She nodded. For a moment she'd almost forgotten this was a class. That she wouldn't be surviving like this to fight for her life, but to get a good grade. It was almost amusing, if it weren't for the fact that oh god. I'm already tired.
She tried to conceal her yawn, but it didn't really work.
"The sun's setting," she murmured, feeling the night air almost immediately. A chill went down her spine, and she quietly rubbed her arms. "Are you sure you don't want to take a sleeping shift? I can.. stay up," she mumbled, although her voice trailed off vaguely near the end.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
"Yawning like that? Absolutely not! Let me finish up making the beds really fast, you need to sleep." Parker quickly turned back to his work, he was laying leaves and other materials out to make beds. "A-And... Here!" Parker slid his jacket off of his body and thrust it out to Aubrey. "I can tell that you're cold, and don't try to tell me that you aren't or that I should keep the jacket! I can keep myself warm with the heat from the fire in my arm, I don't want to try to use that to make a fire though... It probably wouldn't end well. Anyway, just take the jacket and sleep. The bed on the left is for you, I added more padding to that one."

Aubrey opened her mouth to speak, because she could not take the jacket. And she vocalized that, even though he specifically told her not to do that.
"I can't take your jacket," she said through a laugh. "I- I don't know how you expect me to take this."
And then she laughed again, and a little more again. And then again.
"You are unbelievable," she chuckled, wiping at her eye.

Zack slid off his glass couch when he heard the shattering of his dome. He looked up, to see a ghoul trying to get in. Though, it kinda looked familiar. He shrugged it off and got up.
"Um, there are plenty of other people you could be hunting right now... I mean, probably requires a lot less effort, tastes better, and will scream in horror. So if you could gladly just fly away please, that would benefit the both of us," Zack said, trying his best to avoid any "physical" self-defense, but verbally.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker looked at the girl and frowned, clearly not as amused as she was.

"Aubrey, please. I don't want you to get sick or feel bad in the morning. I beg you, just take the jacket and go to bed." He didn't really know what to say to her. He just wanted to make sure she was okay and rested well. He had only known her for a single digit number of hours, but he considered her a friend and he cared about her. "I just want to make sure you're okay."

Reluctantly, she obliged, draping the jacket over herself and settling into her makeshift bed. She still felt bad, though, and her stomach twisted with guilt. Something told her he was rather protective of his friends- er-
It occurred to her that she was potentially the only one.
Rather protective of his friends since "The Incident".
It took the girl a while to fall asleep, which was common for her, and admittedly she wasn't the prettiest sleeper. Her hair had become undone and was sprawled everywhere, and every so often an almost silent mutter would escape her.

Fire Mana

Previously Top_Smug_
Parker was left in... mostly silence. The occasional noise escaping Aubrey's mouth was oddly calming. It let him know that he wasn't alone. Most of the night consisted of just sitting there, listening to the rise and fall of the girl's breath. From time to time he would hear a rustling in the bushes and get up to check, but there was never anything there.

After numerous hours Parker could feel himself getting a little tired. His eyes were getting heavy and Aubrey's steady breathing was like a metronome, luring him to sleep. He was laying next to the girl, in the bed next to hers. They were almost close enough to be touching, but the size restraint had forced it to be like this. Whatever, it's not a big deal... He tried to stop himself, he didn't want to put them at risk, but sleep overcame him soon enough.

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel was sitting next to a little fire he made inside his cave. He was feeling a little tired, but he felt like he needed to stay awake. He looked at a little bed he had made with leaves and some extra wood. He layed down in it, the tiredness growing bigger. His eyes felt heavy. He yawned, and finally fell asleep.

JPSomeone

Kyle was furious, that glass was taking a long to penetrate. So with all the rage and using most of his power he let out a scream between a man and a girl scream, little boy scream. Little boy temper tantrum? This scream could be heard in a 1 mile radius, but with this he caused his wings to spark. Finally he let out a huge thunder wave to shatter the glass. "No running now is there little boy..." Kyle said. He tilted his head with blood streaking down from his teeth, a murderous look on face, things are about to go down.

"JESUS CHRIST, I like my ears thanks!" Zack said, putting his hands on is head to block out the sound. The glass dome had finally shattered, and Zack let out a sigh. This ghoul had no idea what he could do.
"Well actually, that's exactly what I'm gonna be doing. So... Uh, bye!" Zack said, suddenly zooming off out of the pit. He ran back to the starting point, and quickly rushed into the snowy area, trying to think up a good place to stop and rest for the night. He stopped at a dimly lit cave, and snooped it out. There was someone already there, but he decided if he just went further in he'd be ok. He rushed by, heading deeper into the cave, and found a decent spot to lay down. He figured if the ghoul was trying to get in, he'd know by the commotion of it and the girl near the exit. Finally, he laid down in a somewhat comfortable position, sparked a flicker of fire onto the ground for warmth, and fell asleep. What a first day.

Tes sat by the fire as a boy ran inside. "The heck?" She asked herself. "Who are you?" She got up and tapped the boy on the back, but included quite a shock to it. "What exactly do you think your doing?"

"Bzha!!! What th-," Zack began to say, until he noticed it was the girl from the entrance had found him. He remembered noticing her from the beginning of class vaguely. Dammit, I was counting on the fact she wouldn't have noticed.
"Oh... Uh, well... A ghoul was trying to take my head off... So I needed somewhere to hide for the night. I swear I wouldn't have came in if it wasn't necessary... Ugh, that was a horrible excuse. I should've just found my own place. I'll get out of here," Zack said, his voice echoing throughout the rest of the cave. He got up, squinting to look around, and found the exit tunnel.
"Well... Awkward meeting ya," He said, making his way into the cold night air.

JPSomeone

Kyle pulled out a bag of blood and flesh ten ate it. Assuming he had enough energy from the bag he took a great leap into the and used his wings to fly. He flew back to spawn just to refill his bag of blood and flesh. Then on he went into the forest, where it was close by and trees are close, he went to sleep for the rest of the night which only included 4 more hours. But he was also mindful of a boy and girl nearby so he left his kagune activated just in case they provoked him.

Tes shook her head. "Let me guess, big wings with a mild temper? Took a bite out of me a while ago." She pulled back her shirt and revieled where a bite was taken from her shoulder. "Also, you can hang here. If you annoy me, I'll just kill you."

"Uh..." Zack began to say, fumbling for words. He didn't really account for the option she'd let him stay.
"Well, if you're really ok with it... Alright. I'll try not to get killed," Zack said, walking over to his previous resting spot. He sat down against the wall of the cave, still catching his breath.
"Thanks by the way. And um, goodnight I guess," Zack said, as he began to try and fall asleep. He found it was a little more difficult to just fall asleep when you know someone else you don't even know is nearby as well.

(Hurray, time skips.)

Aubrey awoke with a start, a wave of confusion shaking her awake.
First off, why didn't Parker wake her up for a shift? That was a dangerous move..
Second off, wow, okay, he was asleep really close to her. She shifted a tad bit away.
Also, third, who was she reading?
She did "the thing" that happened a lot, where she accidentally went into someone's head without realizing. She felt a nervous shiver, the kind you got when someone was watching you.
It occurred to her that the person she was reading was.
No, no.. who would be watching them? It was so early in the morning...
Ghoul.
She considered waking Parker up, but he just looked exhausted and that he really needed the sleep.
Besides, what was the worst that could happen?

ArmedBlue

Previously Manu456Alola
Manuel woke up, earlier than he usually did. The fire next to him had died out, leaving only the wood's ashes. He felt a bit hungry, but not much. He took a look outside, the sunlight hurting his eyes. He walked around, trying to find food, something like a few apples would do. He saw some in a low branch nearby. He tried to reach them, but he was too small. He climbed up the tree, finally grabbing an apple, then dropped down and took a bite out of it. He sighed, he was waiting for this "survival test" to end.