• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Escape to a fantasy world

i appreciate him helping me and all but if he keeps it up he is just going to more injured than he thinks.... but i can't really say no to him about it, it was a gesture of protection.

Farax glanced around the street they were walking. He didn't know the shops, businesses or quest requests that were around here so he couldn't really point out a good idea to go to.
"Well i guess we could get a job like we did for then inn but for pay although it might be best to let that situation blow over first as it might not look good having a guild or guard member come see us when we are trying to get one, we could try a guild and getting a quest of some sort though that may be a bit difficult or we could attempt to scavenge and sell items? thats what i've done until this point to get the bare minimums but its not too great on quantity though", Farax replied pointing out the idea's he could think of on the spot.

"I have nothing to sell except my sword and clothes so that's out of the question, I agree with letting the situation blow over first so I guess it is either a guild or a quest. Do you know where either one of them is?" Sam said as he looked around, hoping to see a guild or maybe someone with a light above their head if they have a quest like in the games he used to play. Sadly no one had a light above them. "Is there a bulletin board for quests or something?"

From the dark KoKo could see Slab and his friend walk away from the Inn. She was only slightly interested as she went back to scouting the second floor. What caught her eye was that on the second floor was one single drunk man murmuring to himself in his room. Koko revived her notes on this man. He is single, doesn't talk to anyone, and recently checked in. and the moment he laid his head down to rest KoKo realized he was the perfect target. She returned to her dark unnoticeable climbing area and made her way up. The way up was even more of a struggle due to her increasing injuries. The window of the drunk man was close by so she did not need to move that far, but apparently the drunk man locked his window. KoKo had to forcibly smash the window open. While it made a loud shattering sound the man was practically unconscious as he barely stirred. She slid into the room (not without receiving a couple cuts from broken glass) and neared the drunk. He smelled of pure alcohol and possibly vomit. While she did not like the smell, KoKo appreciated how vulnerable he was. Without hesitation, KoKo pinched the mans nose and placed her hand over his mouth. Naturally the drunk mans body began to slowly move, weakly struggling for air. After a few minutes his body stopped moving entirely. KoKo placed a half empty bottle over the dead mans hand and moved him next to the window.

Now with a room of her own KoKo felt relaxed and also hungry. She noticed that when she is injured she also seems to want something to eat. When she entered the room KoKo noticed that the man had a slightly large backpack. she scurried through the pack looking for food, but all she found was a rusty knight's helmet, a broken sword, 24 Silver, a notepad with a pen (ironically) and a collection of odd books. Ignoring everything else KoKo carefully examined the books. They each looked brand new and seemed to be part of a collection. She held up the first one with the title "Blood Tome Vol. 1" and opened it. There was a confusing array of characters, some of which seemed to be glowing, none however had any Spanish letters to understand. With no pictures either KoKo was disappointed to find such a useless book, and worst of all the bag had no food and even with money she could not show her face downstairs. With her stomach painfully growling. KoKo looked back at the book with an odd idea. She flipped to a nearby page, ripped it out, crumbled it, and ate it. KoKo did not know what to expect, but definitely not for the page to have taste. It reminded her of those meat flavored potato chips she had back home. Immediately, KoKo began to rip and eat more of paper until she started chewing on the covers. With a strange yet fulfilling meal, KoKo felt better and inexplicably stronger. She lied onto the bed wondering what to do now but began closing her eyes,

Farax shook his head as he had no idea where the quest board was located in this town.
"I have no clue if i'm being honest, but hey i'm sure if we ask around we could find a guild or quest board somewhere. Here why don't we knock on the door of that building over there and see if they can point us in the direction of one. I'm sure they might help us along as they aren't guards or people who strictly follow the rules, then they might not be too happy to see me or choose to swing a sword at me but come on what are the chances we find that kind of people on the first try anyway? I'm sure it will be fine", Farax replied as he unknowingly pointed towards the sapphire heart guild building.

"Sounds like a decent idea to me, and I have a sword myself so if it comes to a fight I can do something." Sam smiled at Farax before looking at the Sapphire Heart building. "Sure is a big one, let's go!" He ran towards the building, tugging Farax with him. Is this smart? Who knows? But I need the money if I want to survive here.

"Well you seem to be successful with convincing people to trust us so i think it might be best if your the one who knocks on the door and makes the first impression. I don't seem to have much luck with it so its probably better to put our best foot forward for this.", Farax explained as he gestured towards the Guild door and waited for Sam to knock.
Man i wonder what being part of a guild is like, most times I've been around them it wasn't for good reasons. Hopefully they will give us a job or quest to do. I'm sure we can do whatever the job is, i don't know how good Sam is with his sword skills but hey at least i can help somewhat with my fire magic though i still need to get better with it. The book I've been learning from is almost illegible so it really is slowing my progress down but at least i can practice it during a quest if i need it.

"Good idea, it is a shame that kobolds are so hated for what they did. Humans do bad things too and they don't hate every human so I don't see why they don't give you a chance." Sam said as he knocked on the guild door and waited for it to open, in the meantime he decided to think of some compelling arguments to use.

Farax shrugged at Sam's question and sighed.
"Well if i'm being honest i can't say i blame them for not trusting or liking me. I'll admit my kind deserve all of the hate we get. Even at the smallest sight or smell of a gnome my people will hunt them down and ...... brutally murder them. Granted they do that to everyone that's not them but they go that little bit farther with gnomes. I can't exactly say this hate goes without reason", Farax replied as he shook his head against the way of his people.

"Heh, guess they must've done something wrong to get treated that way. Unlike what humans did to other humans, which was absolutely disgusting." Sam paused for a minute. "White people, people with the same skin color as I have, used to capture people with dark skin and use them as slaves. They had no rights and were treated as objects, forced to work for a very long time and being punished for the smallest things. The only difference between the two people was their skin color, that's it. They were still human and spoke their own language, yet they were treated as objects due to their skin color." Sam said to Farax, he was not proud of the fact that slavery existed but he felt the need to tell Farax about it.

Farax shrugged at Sam's tale about how humans used to treat each other. It seemed they both had bad parts to their kind and how they lived their lives. He decided to try and change the subject, after all there was no point in talking about things they could not have changed or were out of their control. He glanced at the door standing in front of him, seemed like there was no response at all.

"Do you think the place might be empty right now? seems like no one is there guess by the silence, that or they might not be the 'answer the door asap' type of people. Do you think we should go or knock again? Perhaps they might not of heard us knock, they might be busy doing something", Farax asked Sam as so far the initial knock on the door seemed to be ineffective if someone was there.

"Let's knock again, maybe they didn't hear us." Sam said as he knocked again, or rather banged his fist on the door repeatedly. "If that didn't work, I'm saying that no one is here. I'll wait for 5 minutes and if no one opens, I'm leaving." He said as he took a step back from the door and waited for anything to happen.

KoKo opened her eyes, she didn't know for how long she was asleep but it felt as if she blacked out, She looked outside to see the sun had gone down. She moved out of her bed without anymore thought to the time. When she got up to stretch, she noticed her bruises and other cuts were gone. Even her leg strangely felt fine, as if she never been injured. She jumped around the room a bit to really check if there was any injury. A few seconds later she could here banging on the door. Suspicious, KoKo opened the door to see a single large woman. Based off her notes KoKo remembered this to be the lady neighboring this room.

"Do you mind. Some of us are trying to sleep." KoKo only responded with a shrug and half-hearted "sorry" and attempted to close the door. However the woman stopped the door from closing when she spotted the dead drunk near the smashed window. "What the? Good gods what happened to him." With a little more strength KoKo pushed the door a little more.

"Yeah. Hes been drinking. Threw himself into a fit and smashed the window, only to blackout." KoKo shook her head as if to show her disappointment in the man. The woman tried to look at corpse closer but KoKo moved forward as she blocked view of it as much as possible. The large woman squinted suspiciously at KoKo.

"And who exactly are you-"

"Girlfriend" KoKo responded without a thought. It was obvious even from a distance that the man was too old for her but the comment caught the woman off guard. "Sleep well" and without a moment to let her respond. KoKo slammed the door and locked it. She knew after that It would not take long for someone else to wander over to the room. With a time limit to leave, KoKo hastily grabbed the bag and leaped out the window. She noted as she climbed down her usual route that she was much faster than normal. And once she got to the bottom she wasn't in the slightest tired from it. She was even able to jog a few ways away from the Inn. Now that she had supplies and a bit of money KoKo felt ready to explore the world a lot more.