• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Escape to a fantasy world

KoKo was barely paying attention to anything being said, she was able to pick up that the kobold was talking about money, but couldn't care less. Koko was hypnotically pacing herself towards the kobold, not caring if she bumped into anyone. "Real....." she muttered. As she neared the kobold her hands were rising up as she was preparing to grab its horn. "A real lizard man" KoKo almost shouted. She heard of the folktales of the two legged scaled beast and how dangerous they were. "A real monster." KoKo was now incredibly close to the creature and was even able to smell the beast. She reached out both of her hands in order to rub the scales on its head.

"So should we go in and-" Farax started to say before feeling a set of hands rub off the back of his head, surprised by this he turned around to look at the owner of the hands to see a female staring back at him with eyes that looked like she was hypnotised.
This kind of contact with humans was something he had never experienced so he was not used to dealing with it, this threw him for a loop. He wasn't exactly sure why he was being touched but he didn't want to be forceful about getting her to stop.
"Umm can i help you? Is there a reason why your touching my head?", Farax asked being a little uncomfortable by this encounter the the female.

"Your so....COOL!" KoKo could not contain the excitement in her voice. she started pacing about around the creature looking at every detail of it. all while tracing her hands across its body. "oh my gosh- ohm my gosh. a you a real lizard man do you breath fire can you fly what color is you blood do you talk to snakes-" Her questions were rapid and furious as she paced faster and faster around him until she finally managed to trip on herself. As she fell on the floor she still tried to ask as many questions but was huffing from the trip. "how many are you.... how.... old are you... do you e...." Refusing to take a breath, KoKo stood back up much slower than she desired, due to the damaged leg and her hungry exhaustion. She tried to ask more questions but she was completely winded. After an exaggerated breath in she spoke slowly this time but still pretty loud. "You are what I always wanted. A monster. So hello, and let me know you more."

"I see, that makes sense." Sam said as the girl, or atleast he assumed that it was a girl, began to touch Farax and fire a ton of questions at him. It was nice to see someone presumably from this world that wasn't afraid of Farax, but he didn't feel too comfortable about her. She was not exactly normal, not even by the standards of this world.

"Miss, could you tune your voice down a bit? The entire street doesn't need to know about him unless you want him to get harrassed or worse." He said to Koko but it appeared that she didn't listen to him. "Farax, if I need to stop her just tell me." He sighed and turned to Joshua. "Is she with you? If so, you might want to help her improve her social skills. No one wants to be touched by a stranger, and that includes kobolds although that is just an assumption given I am not familiar with kobold culture."

"Okay there take a minute and breath, last time i check humans need air every now and again. I guess there's no harm in answering your questions.I can fly but we can't breathe fire or other elements like our draconic cousins, we are coldblooded creatures unlike Dragons who are warmblooded. How many of us are there? Oh countless amounts of us can be found almost everywhere really, with the exception of colder regions, we don't do cold well. As for my age i'm 18, Now just try to calm down and rest. You look like you've been injured, do you need help?", Farax replied as he helped her with he balance. This person seemed nice enough, a little too enthusiastic but still, she looked injured a little so he couldn't just leave her there.

Akane listened to Yusuke as he mentioned a different goddess by name, and showed a different item in question. Kenta glanced at his dagger and Yusuke's katana as he let out a sigh.

You know, maybe given this was a world where fantasy is reality, going for something inconspicuous rather than flashy might not have been the best idea...

"So, you both died. Met different goddess, got special items and were then sent here?" Akane asked as Kenta gave a nod before Tamika spoke up.

"Did these goddess give any reason why they did this?" Tamika asked, curious if there was some special reason they got this chance as Kenta was quick to answer.

"Just said something about an offer for a second chance. I thought that maybe because of my tragic death or something that I was considered a special case. But..." Kenta said as he glanced over to Yusuke before he let out a sigh.

"...I guess it is just common practice..."

Last edited:

Jayblade

Previously AceTrainerGold
Yusuke shrugged, "I was just told that none of the goddesses expected me to die today, well I did get run over, so maybe it was because it was an unfair death, as the person who hit me was speeding." Yusuke then looked towards Kenta, "So what was the reason for your death Kenta?" Yusuke asked curiously, he wanted to know as much as he could about Kenta, with him being an outsider.

KoKo followed his advice as she stood there for a moment gathering her breath. She noted her leg still didn't feel so great and she was somewhat hungry again. She even glanced at the other two humans, though not for very long."we can...... talk..... more later.....after..... uggh" she turned and wobbled to the inn's door. As she bursted through she was greeted by the warm scent of meat pies and stew. the aroma was strong for her she almost passed out from comfort. she walked over to the innkeeper and asked for some food. During her escapade earlier she managed to get 50 copper pieces. Even with that it was only good enough for two apples. after her purchase KoKo sat down on a nearby table and stared at the door, hoping the kobold would follow after her.

“Car accident, yeah car accident same as you.” Kenta replied, which was true in it of itself however Kenta suspected that the context behind his “accident” was rather different.

But saying he died while being chase by cops was far from the best way to make a good first impression. So it was a necessary omission.

Akane, Masako and Tamika listened to the words of both newcomers, as it seemed they were genuine about all this as now the question of what to do with them arose as they moved by each other and began to whisper so that neither Kenta or Yusuke could hear what they said before they broke their huddle and faced them.

“So, do either of you know what you are going to do next?” Masako asked the pair as Kenta thought her question over…and realized he had no idea what he was going to do. With the sole exception of the dagger given to him, he had nothing on hand beyond some spare change and a pack of gum in his pocket; which given currency was all but guaranteed to be different here was rather useless.

“Um….I guess get a sense of where I am. Maybe try to get a part time job or something. Kinda have no cash on hand.” Kenta admitted which caused Tamika to raise an eyebrow.

“What is this “cash” you speak of?” Tamika asked as Masako turned to the younger girl.

“Probably means copper coins and such.” Masako explained as Akane rubbed her chin in thought before she turned to Yusuke.

“And you?” Akane asked as she waited for an answer with an inquisitive gaze.

"Good to see she gave herself a moment rest, looks like she was about to drop if she didn't if i'm being honest. Though i am curious about this injury she has, she said nothing about it. Her excitement is also something i should ask about, That's the first time someones been excited to see me...... well i need to try and get a room here anyway so it's not like i'm getting sidetracked"

Farax glanced over at Sam and shrugged his shoulders before speaking. "Well we need to go in here anyway to get the room booked so i guess i'll figure out whats up with that girl while you deal with the innkeeper situation" Farax replied before opening the door and walking in.
Just by the scent alone Farax could guess that this place was a popular place for the town for its food, he took a glance around the room to see the girl sitting down at one of the tables. Farax walked over and sat on the seat facing the girl.
"You know i haven't quite gotten your name yet have i? Who are you? If you don't mind me asking of course", Farax queried as he looked at the girl trying to figure out what town or area she was from.

"I'll be right with you." Sam said as he looked at Farax before turning back to Joshua. "Are you coming or staying outside? Your choice." He said and entered the inn, making a beeline for the innkeeper. "Stay calm, you have enough evidence to help you and surely he can use some help." He thought before speaking.

"Hello sir, I have a question and dilemma. You see, I need a room for the night for me and my friend but creatures named Feys changed my money from the 2 GP, 3 SP and 2 CP I had to this scrap." He said as he layed down his money in front of him, causing the innkeeper to raise an eyebrow. Sam was feeling nervous, but so far he did rather well even though he was doing the one thing he severely hated. "As you can see, I have no money anymore but I need a place to spend the night. Would it be possible to help you in your establishment and earn my stay? Of course my friend will help too." Sam hoped furiously that the innkeeper would agree to his plan.

"Feys are nasty creatures kid, stay away from them next time. Your idea sounds nice, but I want to see your friend first. Where is he?" The innkeeper said.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh, yeah sure," Joshua was busy with A. watching Koko being fansinated with Farax, for reasons unknown to him, and B. looking for a way to store is Emerald sword without a scabbard. If this was a fantasy world, then surely it wouldn't be out of the question if he could store things in some kind of pocket dimension like most video game characters. Sadly, that did not seem to be the case, resulting in Joshua resigning and walking into the inn.

Ah man, if only I could ask for two things, I should have asked for a scabbed to. Because why would Shigami give me a weapon, but nowhere to keep it when I'm not hero-ing?

Jayblade

Yusuke thought about what Masako had asked him, "Oh me, well right now I am not completely sure, I don't really know what there is to do, well I guess I could join a guild, I saw a lot of people looking for members around the tow, y'know." Yusuke mentioned, "I also plan on becoming an amazing swordsman, and other than those two things, I'm not really sure." Yusuke said as he then shrugged.

"I'm KoKo, no loco" She said in a heavy Spanish accent. She introduced herself like that so often that it is the natural way of saying her name. She thought about saying more about herself, but was bored of that idea and was too hungry to think about it. KoKo crunched on her two apples. They were sweet yet slightly warm, as she chewed KoKo pictured every part of the apple, she remembered her aunt telling her not to eat the seeds because they were dangerous and gross. before KoKo could even finish the thought she completely devour one the apples. This led her confused as she knew ate the seeds, but didn't taste anything bad. She shrugged the idea of a problem off and redirected her attention to the Kobold.

"You must be a lizard so your name is probably...... Slab? Slab sounds very lizard-like". KoKo continued biting down her second apple with as much care as the first. "So Slab, why are you here? don't you have your own lair or nest or something?"

Masako and company listened towards Yusuke as he offered what he was going to do, and as Masako and Tamika glanced over to Akane the red-head greeted them with a disapproving scowl but eventually let out a sigh as she nodded to the pair which caused Masako to grin as she faced the two newcomers.

“Well, if you need somewhere to go. A guild to join, we at Sapphire Heart are happy to give you a chance to join our ranks.” Masako said with a grin as Tamina nodded in kind as Kenta seemed speechless.

“S-seriously?” Kenta asked as Akane faced the pair with a serious expression.

“Yes, but given you two are likely untrained we are gonna have to do some…speed training to catch you up and not make you liabilities in more extreme missions. If you are willing to do that you can join us if you desire.” Akane added on as Kenta thought the offer over. And really in spite of whatever this “speed training” Akane had in mind was he had no other options and as such he gave a nod.

“I’l…I’ll accept the invitation. I’d like to join Sapphire Heart.”​

Jayblade

Yusuke looked at Masako as she asked him if he would like to join, "Um... I mean I have no where else to go, and I guess you guys are the easiest option right, so sure I will." Yusuke said as he grabbed his katana slightly, "So are you guys the only members, or are there more of you that aren't here right now?" Yusuke as he noticed that there weren't that much people.

Koko no Loco? that's a interesting name. Never heard of anyone with the Loco surname. She must not be around here.... although she still hasnt mentioned anything about that leg, i'll have to work on that later

"well my name is farax but sure, call me Slab if you want i guess. Uh well i don't really have a home to go to, i won't go into the details of Kobold life but most non-winged Kobolds don't like winged kobolds. If i'm being blunt about it most of us won't survive very long in cave systems when there are more wingless than winged. And due to the not so lawful nature of my species, most people have mistrust when it comes to interacting. Thats why me and my friend are trying to get a room here. Speaking of which i think i'm needed, do you mind if i be right back Koko?", Farax asked as he stood up from the seat ready to walk towards Sam.

"Ok, bye Slab" She thought of calling him, but thought again as Farax does not sound very lizard-like. As the kobold got up and left KoKo also thought about getting a room. But by doing so she realized she needed to talk to the innkeeper to get a room, but she also realized she would need money to get a room. Realization after realization came to her as each one revealed it would be impossible for her to stay at the inn. KoKo began to stare at Farax and the others, but it was not the same as her mesmerized look of excitement. Back home, her friends would call this the "Shes finally thinking" look. Over and over again Koko would think of scenarios and would slowly tilt her head to people coming and going. Her eyes stopped at the innkeeper for a long time until she got up and quickly started walking over to the counter. "Paper" she said under her breath as she got closer to the counter she kept muttering two words. "Papers" and "Pencil". Finally once she reached the desk she spoke with a determined voice. " I need paper and pencil!"

Farax stood next to Sam and looked at the Innkeeper. All he could really do is hope this would go smoothly.

"That would be me sir. I apologise for not being a ordinary kind of customer but i full intend to follow the rules and laws of this town, i have no desire to get into trouble with the law. I assure you i intend to pay for myself with earned Pieces." Farax answered to the innkeeper trying to be as polite and formal as possible to help boost his chances for being accepted.

"A kobold? You got some weird friends, but as long as my inn doesn't burn down he can stay. I accept your offer, we need help with serving so if you two could help me out I will let you stay for one night for free. If you desire to stay multiple nights, pay or work for multiple days. Talk to the cook and he'll show you the ropes." The innkeeper said as he heard Koko ask for papers and a pencil. "Papers and a pencil? Why'd you need that?"

Sam was relieved that he and Farax were allowed to stay, working for a free night wasn't bad at all. "Well Farax, shall we visit the cook?" He asked the kobold.

"Please. Please. Please" her eyes were filled with desperation and urgency. Koko's hands were shaking, opening, and closing them as she had no idea what to do with them. she was trying her best to speak at a normal level yet there were cracks of almost screams. "If i have papers and pencil i will walk out the door. and... and you will never see me come back without money. Just please, Please." She was looking left and right not sure what to do if she did not have these items. Koko was scouring for other people who look like they could have paper on them, but at the moment she felt as though the innkeeper was the only who could have. "Please sir." she spoke, but was only a whisper

Yes, finally convincing someone was successful for once. Guess this town is better than i thought, getting this worked for nights stay was lucky. Though i'll probably give Sam a break tomorrow and pay for the room with some pieces i already have.
"
Sure, we might as well go see what we are needed to do and get to work in it", Farax responded as he began to walk towards the kitchen.

The innkeeper looked at Koko with a bit of a concern in his eyes and gave her a pencil and some paper. "Why do you need this?" He asked as he continued his job and cleaned some dirty drinking glasses.
------
Sam walked towards the kitchen and looked for the cook, who he eventually found. "What are you two doing here? This is no place for kids or kobolds!" The cook said to them. "Sir, the innkeeper allowed us into the kitchen to work for this inn in return for a free night stay." Sam said, clearly unintimidated by the cook. "You have to be kidding me, a kid and a kobold? Fine, but if you break anything you'll pay for it yourself. There are 5 plates that need to be served to their respective tables. The table numbers are 1 to 5 and they are placed in the same order, that can't be too hard right? Well then, go to work you two!" The cook said, clearly far from pleased by this situation.

KoKo anxious behavior completely stopped the moment she touched the materials. She bowed with a curt smile and walked to an empty table. With her two items in hand she began to immediately write something, making sure no one was able to see her handwriting. after one side of the paper was filled, She merrily skipped out the door with a look of pure satisfaction. In KoKo's mind the two biggest challenges in plans like these is starting the planning phase and fully executing it. Nonetheless, now that she was fully prepared koko set her plan in action and began slowly walking outside and around the Inn while making sure she avoided the first floor windows.

Farax looked at the 5 dishes and listened to the chefs instructions. Clearly the chef didn't want them in here any longer than needed so he figured he would skip the introductions and get right to work.
He picked up the 3rd plate in his left and the 4th in his right hands. He probably could have carried the 5th with his tail but he decided it was better to make 2 trips to the kitchen rather than have something happen.
"Alright guess i'll take these 2 plates. We can come back for the last one to be safe" Farax told Sam as he walked towards the door ready to serve them to their customers.

"Nope! We're the only members before you two joined our ranks. We only formed a month ago so...not much publicity out there. But we are trying to get the word out." Tamika said as she held up some freshly made promotional posters of Sapphire Heart she had planned to put up with Masako before the arrival of the "outsiders."

"Don't confuse our small numbers with weakness though. I'd sooner take these two into battle than a dozen or so empty numbers." Akane added on, as she seemed to be very proud of Sapphire Heart and was quick to speak in its defense.

Sam picked up the remaining three plates, one in each hand and the third on his left arm. "Let's go, these folks waited for their food long enough." He said as he exited the kitchen and decided to visit the table that wanted the plate in his right hand first. "Here you go, enjoy your meal." He said with a smile as he grabbed the plate on his left arm and brought them to their respective tables, slightly annoyed by the people who looked at Farax with a bit of disgust. "That should be it, let's tell the cook we brought the plates." He motioned to Farax and made his way to the kitchen.

Jayblade

Yusuke nodded, "Oh that makes sense, so have you been on many quests yet, I've some people saying that you get some money when you complete one." Yusuke told everyone before sighing, "I could use some money, I'm pretty poor right now, I only have yen on me, and that's worth nothing in this world." Yusuke explained before pulling out his money.

Farax silently gave the dishes to the customers and ignored the looks he received in thanks, he had long since learned that the best thing was to just ignore the looks and move on. It helped avoid unnecessary fights and other encounters that could happen. Though now that he was back out in the main section he couldn't help but notice the Koko person was gone.
Wired, she was here a minute ago. I wonder where she went, seems unusal she would just vanish considering her excitment a few minutes ago.

"Yeah sure, that should be everything he has asked for so far anyway", Farax responded as he walked towards Sam and the kitchen.

"We've had a few quests, and yes for guilds to perform these quests is how we take in income." Akane explained as Tamika observed the Yen that Yusuke showed before them. Given their world had not used paper currency, she had no idea what to make of it as she continued biting it to get a feel before she was slapped away by Masako.

"So, what are these quests like?" Kenta asked as he was curious of that detail.

"Can range from any number of jobs. Escort, monster hunting, or even the boring mundane things. Typically the expected danger level reflects on the reward for a job. High risk high reward kind of thing." Masako said as she explained the broad outline of that specific detail.

Jayblade

Yusuke grinned, he was actually getting excited at the thought of going on quests. "So when will we able to go on our first quest with you guys, I know we just joined, but the mention of those has got me really excited." Yusuke mentioned as he then looked outside, "Also I wanted to ask, is there a place that me and Kenta could stay at, like an inn or something?" Yusuke asked curiously.

Sam went back to the kitchen and told the cook that the plates were served. "None fell? Alright, guess you two deserve more credit than I give you. Your next task is to take any empty plates back to here and take orders, the customers can get drinks themselves so don't worry about that. Am I clear?" The cook said to Sam and Farax whilst giving them a notepad and a pencil before continuing his work.

KoKo's plan was unfurling the most pleasant manner. Every couple of minutes KoKo would circle around the Inn three times, making sure to avoid the first floor windows. When she did she would from a distance examine the windows, Seeing if there was any person in there and how many. She also checked for which side of the Inn had the least amount of people looking at it. Every so often there would be someone suspicious of her and ask what she was doing. KoKo would respond with claiming she was a health inspector, seeing if the Inn is suitable for living otherwise she would have to shut down, and that they should not tell the Innkeeper otherwise he will ruin her work. For the more skeptical people KoKo would rattle a series of question and write down some of the answers. anyone looking at the paper would see a myriad of words associated with housing that was written in fancy, exaggerated cursing. By this point the onlooker would be satisfied with KoKo and leave. The moment they left, KoKo would flip over her paper to continue documenting, how many people were in what room and when they arrived/left. She also took note if the people were drunk or not. After doing these rounds a few times it was time for her to do a test run. KoKo went to one side of that could not be seen by the windows and began to climb the building. The climb was as tough as expected with Her receiving many splinters and causing even her good leg to sting. Once she reached the second floor KoKo went to an empty room tried to open the window. It was just equally difficult as climbing the building, but she managed into the room. With a successful route, Koko went back out of the room, Closed the window, and climbed back down the building. While nearly down, KoKo fell and scraped her right arm, but with strength determination, Koko cover her arm with her shirt sleeve and continued her "Inspection".

“Hold on, before we discuss quests we need to get some training in with you two. Wouldn’t want to toss you two out there being as green as you are.” Akane said with a firm tone as she folded her arms over her chest.

“There is a nearby hotel in town. You’ll get a decent price on rooms there. Though until you get the money for that, we can try and make a room her in the Guild Hall.” Masako explained to the pair as Kenta had no objections to the suggestions; either Akane or Masako’s.

Farax took the pencil and notepad and nodded at the instructions they were given. So far this was easy enough work, as long as the customers got their ordered food correctly then the job would be done smoothly with not much chance of something bad happening which was reassuring. He would have to wait a little bit for the current tables to finish or new customers to come in before he could take orders due to the newly delivered meals already on the tables.
"Sure no problem. Is there anything we should recommend to them if the customers ask?", Farax asked the chef as he got ready to do the second phase of the job.

"Good question, so far you're not that bad for a kobold. Recommend the daily mystery special, given our reputation that should be enough to satisfy our customers. Good luck out there." The cook said. Sam took the pencil and notepad himself and made his way outside of the kitchen after tapping Farax on his shoulder. He took multiple orders and checked on Farax from the corner of his eye multiple times, he knew that kobolds were not that wanted given their reputation. And then, the worst thing possible happened.

"Hey, kobold scum! What are you doing 'ere?" A clearly drunk man yelled at Farax and got up, stumbling towards to Farax.

Farax had managed to get a few orders in before the man came towards him. Noticing the drunken stumbling and the smell of alcohol coming from the man he knew he would have to chose his next words carefully, almost anything could set a person off when they were drunk.
"I'm just a honest Kobold trying to earn a honest living like you are Sir. I mean no disrespect or any ill intentions while i'm here. If you need assistance i can contact the staff or try to help with what i can. Whatever you would prefer i do in this situation", Farax replied trying to have a neutral stance in this interaction. Clearly he had plenty of experience with trying to explain himself, though it probably wasn't good that he had the experience for it.

"You'rrrre scum! You sssshould be dead!" The man said as he raised his hand to slap Farax. Sam reacted on instinct and dropped his notepad and pencil whilst running towards Farax. He made it just in time and got slapped instead of his kobold friend. "Eh? What'ss a kid doing here?" The drunken man said as Sam fought back tears from the pain.

"You might be drunk, but that is no excuse to misbehave. Now you either apologize, leave a tip and leave, apologize and stay or I can cut your throat right here. Choose the option you like best." Sam said in a deadpan voice as he pulled his sword and pointed it at the man. The innkeeper came towards Sam and Farax and pulled them away from the crowd that started to form. "Listen, I understand that you want to stand up for your friends but don't pull your sword! I say you did a decent job, you get to stay for free for the night but go outside now. He might want revenge." The innkeeper said as he looked at the drunken man who seemed rather pale from what just happened.

To be honest the whole situation happened too fast and Sam took a hit before he knew it. He sighed and put a hand on Sam's shoulder as he pulled him away from the crowd like the Innkeeper asked.
"Hey man thanks for taking the hit for me and trying to defend me but you really don't have to put yourself into a bad situation for me. I'm fine with getting hit and moving along with my day, i've gotten more used to it than i probably should be but it's just something i have to live with. Besides based on that crowd that came i wouldn't be suprised if we got a visit from a member of a guild or guard about this thing and trust me, you don't want to get on their badside....... but thanks anyway, i appreciate the help", Farax answered as he walked away from the incident like the innkeeper asked.

"What was I supposed to do? Just let one of my friends get hurt? That won't happen if I can prevent it." Sam said as he rubbed his cheek, it turning red from the slap. "Besides, I got an excuse. He was going to hurt you and I did not hurt him. If I have to be in jail for protecting a friend, so be it." He smiled at Farax, he might be a kobold but he would not lower himself to hating an innocent creature, human or not.

"Well, we got a place to stay which is nice but we still have a money problem. Do you have any ideas on how to get money? Preferably legally, but right now I'll take anything."He said as he looked around.