• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Ask to Join Escape from Team Rocket

"Friends?" Mint muttered, crawling behind Rage. That anyone would have friends here was a huge surprise to him, and he processed the question for a few moments before answering. "There's an Ar-arcanine that didn't want to hurt me...and I was stolen from a forest." The last question was more of an afterthought. He was considering the other's reactions to discovering what he did, if he told them. Doing that could get him in trouble.

Before Jasmine could give an answer, the Drilbur from the gang in the middle broke the stalemate and sprang at the two, slashing with its large, curved claws. Kai cried out in surprise and dodged to the side, away from the hostile Pokémon. He instinctively let loose a burst of electricity aimed at the Drilbur, but the Ground-type simply grinned darkly and shook the attack off. Kai cursed softly and backed up, a grim look on his face. The other Pokemon was significantly smaller, which was at least one advantage that the Luxio had. He decided to try a different tactic, and charged at the Ground-type to sink his teeth into its shoulder, careful to avoid the huge claws. The Drilbur threw him off with a well placed strike to the ribs, and Kai landed a few feet away, gasping.

He stole a glance at the Floatzel and Gabite, who looked ready to jump in if neccessary, but seemed to be focused on the hero-Arcanine from earlier. Oddly enough, the small Grass-type from earlier was gone.

Last edited:
Luna woke up and got startled. Memories of what happened came back to her and she noticed the cage door was opened and Jack was nowhere in sight. She cautiously stepped out of the cage and looked around. She saw some bowls with food and water then walked over to them. "That was nice of him" she thought out loud. She got some water and sniffed the food to make sure if anything then decided it was safe and ate some. Jack opened the door and smiled at her. "Hey we're going to train. Let's go" he said and picked her up and Luna stiffened. Jack walked to the training place and put Luna down in it. She looked around at all the Pokémon wearily and hesitantly. "Go on" Jack said and Luna walked in the middle and got in a battle stance, waiting for a Pokémon to fight her.

Rage continued going through the ventilation system, trying to find an exit or, at least, a room that looked safe to stay. "Well... Maybe we could trust him, in case we find him again". Friends were an inappropriate word to use there, but any Pokemon that could help them at that point could be considered as a friend. "And... Well... I was captured against my will too. I used to live in a mountain range, but then, they come and brought me here. At first, I was fine with it; they wanted me to be stronger, and I wanted it too. But then, they started to treat me quite bad, and... That's why I am here. Sorry for being so talkative, but I haven't talked to anyone in a very long time". Rage continued.

After some minutes, they found a new metal plate. Rage open it cautiously, and inspected the room. There were a lot of boxes and materials. Maybe it was a storage room. There were no humans around. "Come here... It's safe, at least for now".

"Okay." Mint said, already feeling more confident. He went into the storage room and searched for more helpful items he could steal.

Fury was having a huge problem. A human was by the door, and the group in the middle of the room was joined by an Eevee. Ordinarily he could beat an Eevee easily, but this one seemed to have strange power. The Drilbur had started attacking, and he would be next to fight. The Floatzel moved toward him menacingly while wearing a smirk on his face. If he fought, he would be sprayed with water. If he didn't, he would be hurt by the whip that admins so often carried. Either way, he'd be exhausted. He got into a fleeing stance, eyeing all the pokemon in the room with a wary glare. Fury had been in the training center for a while today. If he chose not to battle the Floatzel, not only would he be punished, but also experimented on by the scientists for his opposition.

Last edited:
Rage started to look around the room. It was dark, with a lot of card boxes, some of them totally covered with dust. Rage opened one next to him, slowly. Nothing useful, at least for them. It looked like it was pieces for machines and all of that. He opened another one, this time, much bigger, but it was empty. Rage opened the third one, and this time, it had some berries in it. "Hey! Look!" Said to Mint. "They look edible!" Continued. Then, he ate one. Rage had a disgusting face. "Well... They don't taste as good as I remember... Or maybe it's because they have been here for a long time."

Rage opened one last box. There was some equipment for Pokemon. He took one glasses: some Safety Googles. "What do we got here?" Said Rage. "I don't know why those humans want us to wear these things" Continued as he took an assault vest, a focus sash... Even an Eject Button. Rage put the Safety Googles on his head. "I suppose that they won't miss these ones. I think they are pretty cool!"

From the hallway, some footsteps could be heard, but they weren't making so much noise, so they didn't suspect that there were some Pokemon in there. Rage was still playing with the objects in the box. He took a Red Card from it. "Can you help me find the other cards? Maybe it's one of those weird games humans play. I saw some of them having a good time playing with them... I don't know why. And feel free to take what you want; it's not mine and I am sure that some of them can be helpful." He wore the Assault Vest and the Eject Button, and Rage started to imitate one of those humans that wore a white coat. "Hey! Look at me! I am one of those weird humans that know how to use those strange beeping things!" Said as he started to press the corners of the Eject Button. "Beep boop beep! I am more intelligent that the Pokemon we catch" He said with a derogatory tone.

Mint was digging through a box that contained drinks and pills, and eventually took a Carbos bottle. He smiled at Rage's imitation of the rockets and went to the item box, still carrying the Carbos, and snagged the Focus Sash and a Big Root. "I don't think that card is meant for playing, m-maybe it's a battle item." He contemplated while squirming out of the harness which held the powerful green gem to his back. A makeshift harness was made out of the Focus Sash, replacing the worn out one of plain leather. The Big Root was put into the Focus Sash yoke along with his gem. Hastily, he put the old yoke into the item box and opened the Carbos, chugging the drink down quickly. The empty bottle was put into another box lying around and the Pansage danced nervously in place, aching to get out of the room soon.

Out of the corner of his eye, Kai saw the humans drop a dark-colored Pokémon inside the door. Great... he thought grimly. He did a double-take when he recognized the new Pokémon as an Eevee, though it was strangely colored, and he thought her cage must have been near his. The Luxio smiled as an idea began to form in his head. He ran over to the strange Eevee, looking behind to make sure that the Drilbur was following in a rage, and stood behind her, calling, "tag, you're it!"

The hostile Floatzel turned to glare at Kai in confusion, and Fury took this chance to defend himself. There was a gasp of surprise from the Gabite as the Arcanine sped toward Floatzel and rammed into it, knocking it off it's feet. The water type got up even angrier than before and shot a stream of water at Fury, who dodged the attack. He had seen whip marks on Floatzel and chose not to attack him anymore, instead choosing to simply dodge the water streams it sent at him.

Rage put the Assault Vest again in the box. Maybe it was useful, but that object really made him slower. It was too adjusted for him to go all around properly and comfortable. He just took the Protective Glasses and the Eject Button, the first because he thought that were cool, and the second because he thought that it would be useful for interacting with those machines, ignoring his true use. He picked up again the red card and put it in its box again. He closed the box and did the same with the empty box and the one that was filled with metal scraps, probably for machinery. He ate another one of those disgusting berries and ate it, almost forced. "They taste bad, but it's better than that cheap food they gave me during my capture."

He approached Mint and started to talk again. "Well, you got all you wanted? I see two possible options, but the second is riskier. Our first option is to continue exploring this building using the ventilation system until we find an exit. The other one is to go through the hallways using an empty box. Maybe the humans could see us, but we may have a better point of view from where we are."

Luna saw the Arcanine hit the Floatzel and she sparked. She ran at the Gabite and tackled it. She then jumped off of it and used Shadow Ball. It hit the Gabite and he tried to hit her but she used Shadow Beam on it and he fainted she then looked around and saw Pokémon backing away from her and her ears went down. She sat down with her ears down and her eyes looking at the ground.

Mint sat down and considered what to do. Once he saw Rage was finished with eating he stood up and stretched. "Yeah, I'm ready. Um...ventilation." He chose the safer option, since he had seen the wounds on the other pokemon and didn't want to be harmed like they had been.

Fury shifted tactics again, since the training session was going longer than he thought. He dashed toward the Floatzel unpredictably and tackled it, holding it down so he wouldn't be hurt. The people on the other side of the glass gasped and grinned in surprise and joy. A squad of grunts, about five of them, ran in and caught him around the neck with a chainlink lasso. Their pokemon shoved Fury off of Floatzel and held him still while a muzzle was put on. His legs were chained together and the brace was taken off. He sighed in relief, simply glad the brace wasn't on him anymore.

The scientists inside the lab next door chattered to each other excitedly. "We should give that one supplements!" "I should teach him more moves!" Many suggestions were made, and they prepared to experiment in multiple ways on the Arcanine, and perhaps on the ones in the arena with him.

"Let's go through the ventilation system then" Rage added, approaching again to the metal plate and pointing Mint to enter. "Well, I had a turn and this is what we got, now, let's see if you are luckier finding an exit around here". He put the protective glasses over his eyes and waited to Mint to enter. He had a bad feeling about that base, but he couldn't tell what. It was like if he could feel all those weird and bad things going around, and it was something that Rage was starting to get fed up.

Mint silently climbed into the vent and navigated around. He was getting used to crawling in the system and found the place where he had rescued Rage. He stopped for a moment to remember how he had gotten here from the training center. "Is it o-okay if we go back to where I was? The Arcanine might still be there, and he c-can help."

Rage looked puzzled. "This is surely a labyrinth... Well, if you still remember how you came here... The more the merrier, don't you think?" Rage just back until he found a detour, and waited for Mint to lead the way. The truth is that Rage wanted to meet that Arcanine too. Maybe the Arcanine could lead them to freedom too.

Mint followed the trail back to the training center. Eventually he reached the right vent and climbed out, looking around him at the sweat-laden boulders used for weight lifting. He looked down and motioned for Rage to get out, then turned and peered out a crack. He was worried when he didn't see Fury anywhere, but checking through a different spot proved that the Arcanine was in the room on the other side of the glass.

Rage went out of the ventilation system. He looked at the training room. He was kinda tired. "Well... Where is your... Friend?" He noticed that Mint was staring through a glass. Rage approached it and took a look. "But how...?" He saw the Arcanine there, trapped, and some scientists going around, from one side to the other, probably preparing some machines or experiments. "This is getting difficult... We can't let the Arcanine there! They are going to hurt him! We must do something, but I don't know what without revealing our positions" Said Rage angrily .

"I wish I could talk to this weird creature called 'human'. It would be nice to shout at the driver for hitting 54 people. anyway, let's stop my depression. I'll stop wishing wishes I wish I could wish." Lance tried to burn through time. He had no patience. He wanted to see all the new pokemon he could beat up in his spare time. "Hey, jack, don't throw away those jewels we replaced. They cost more than your life." Said one of the grunts. The truck stopped. The grunt picked up lance, and threw him in one of the cages. "Finally! I'm here, baby! Anyone up for a battle?" Lance shouted in his cage, as the grunt put him down next to many more cages, most of them empty.

"Nobody here? Sad face emoji. I'll escape, come back in a year or two, and then beat up some pokemon! Alright! So let me see, if im right, the fancy restaurant they'll take me to, is right there!" Lance looked at a wall with more spiderwebs than he could count. "Where the ham is the food! I'm offended! No burgers for me, then. double sad face emoji." Lance was hungry. "Food? Food! Food? Food?! Food!!!!! Where is my tasty burgers!" Lance looked at his belly. grr. it said. feed me, simor! Feed me!! "No, bella the belly named bella! I will not feed you until you feed me!" Lance replied. me too! bella the belly named bella replied. "Get out of here! Sit in the back of the class! now for some more interesting stuff, like this ant in my cage."

Fury looked outside, bored with all the people running around near him. His eyes widened when he saw the scared Pansage with a Larvitar. To his knowledge, there had been no Larvitar when he was inside before, so Mint must have done something. He feigned disinterest in them so they wouldn't draw the experimenter's attention.

A tall person in a white coat pulled out a few discs with information for moves on them. Another talked into a radio, ordering someone to make supplemented food for Fury. The crowd was unaware of Mint and Rage watching them from outside.

A Hitmonlee with a glazed look in his eye pushed a plate of food into Lance's cage. The Hitmonlee left to deal with a special food order for someone, letting Lance move forward to eat.

Rage stayed silent for a moment... He had to help the Arcanine. He stood some moments apart of mint, thinking, with his eyes closed. Then, he remembered something. While he was imprisoned, he heard two grunts talking about something... A fire detector or something like that. "Pssst... Mint! I have an idea... Well... A distraction. Some time ago two humans were talking about a fail in fire detectors, and started to fall water from the ceilings on one floor. If we manage to make fire, maybe we can take advantage of the confusion and help the Arcanine."

"Fire?" Lance's ears rose. "Fire!!" He heard someone. He had to go see what it is. I mean, come on, man. It's fire! Lance started to shake his cage. It started to break. And... Boom! He was out. "Where fire? Where fire?" He was so into the fire he forgot to eat his food. "Wait! Food! Nahh it's just beans. not good enough for me!" He said.

"Great!" Mint cheered, careful to keep his voice low. He took a couple deep breaths and cautiously lifted his head over the bottom of the window. Fury could see him clearly, and Mint mouthed "fire". The Arcanine thought for a second before lying still unsuspiciously. The temperature in the room rose, and a few embers appeared midair. The people around the lab put everything away in a frenzy.

Luna looked up and saw Jack coming in and taking out a Pokéball. A Litten came out and tackled her. She fell with the Litten on her then pushed him off and used Shadow Ball but he dodged. He used Flamethrower and Luna jumped into the air and used Shadow Beam on him but this time he didn't dodge and he fainted. Jack walked over to Litten then put him in his Pokéball and walked over to Luna. "That was really good. Now let's go back" he said and picked her up. They walked out of the training grounds and Luna saw the Arcanine and sighed. 'Why does this human keep on being nice to me? What does he want from me?' Luna thought as they walked into his room and put her down. She walked over to the bed, jumped on it and sighed. 'I'll have to find an escape some how. I don't want to stay here for the rest of my life' she thought as Jack sat on the bed. "I'm going to get me some food. Stay here" he said and walked out. 'Now's my chance!' She thought and used Shadow Beam on the door and it broke then she ran out of the room and saw people run her way but they didn't stop. "Fire!" One of them screamed and Luna ran faster. 'Smoke equals fire' she said when she smelt smoke. She ran into a lab room and saw an Arcanine and a couple of professors grabbing their stuff and run out of the room. "What was that about?" She asked and could walked over to the Arcanine and took the muzzle off.

"Thank you." was Fury's first words when the muzzle was removed. "A Pansage asked me to set a fire, so I did." Saying it out loud made it sound more ridiculous, but he didn't care at the moment. He managed to get the shackles off his ankles by burning them with a Flamethrower, but it took longer than usual due to their fire resistance. Fury looked askance at the strange Eevee. "How did you get out? Carelessness of a hostile?" His coat flinched when the water drops hit it, and the charcoal he hid in his mane stopped glowing completely.

Mint grimaced. He hoped the water shower didn't bother the Arcanine they were trying to rescue. An Eevee was talking to Fury, and that was the last he saw from the adjacent lab. "Rage, we have to go. S-somewhere they won't find us..." He considered going back to his cage. His neighbor could help hide Rage, if Fury proved to be on their side. He frowned at the other pokemon in the room with them and hoped they would not attack him.

Luna chuckled. "Something like that I guess. Anyway we should go with the Pokémon over there" she said and looked at Rage and Mint. "I know how to get out so just follow me" she said and started to walk towards the door to the training grounds. "Ok so I've been here for two months and I know where every exit and corner there is so if you all will follow me I can get us out of here" she said to everyone once she got outside. She started to run but the jumped on a roof and looked down and smirked. "Come on, we haven't got all day" she said and put out her paw in case anyone needed to grab it.

Rage looked to Mint, disappointed: "Do you want to do that? Really? I... Deny. I don't want to be treated like a slave. This is the furthest that I have gone. And I am not going to say that they may not capture us again and all of that stuff, but I think it's worth it to give it a try." The water was not good for Rage neither, but he still resisted that. He approached the window again and hit it until a small fissure was produced. "Hello! My name is Rage, and we are looking for someone that can help us achieve that."

"No fire? No fire. Sad crying face emoji." Lance was kind of crazy. Like... Pshyco crazy. Every time he had the opportunity to, he loved jumping out the windows and climbing to the highest point he can find. and no, not for the view, but for the fun of jumping down afterwards. "I like burgers. I like burgers. I like burgers." me too. "Shut up bella!" Lance noticed a window. "I can do this... right, bella?" only if you give me food! "Shut your meowth! No burgers until we get out!" Lance climbed the wall, until he got to the window. Crack! He broke it. "Now how high exactly are w-- Oh god." Lance was on the edge of a building, about 184 meters high. Now that's a lot, for all you americans. "Do not fall. Do it for the burgers." yes, for the burgers! Lance ignored bella. "How did we even get this high up?" Brk! The ledge lance was standing on broke! "Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!..... I thought dying would be scarier." Lance saw his whole life flash before his eyes. And.... Poof! "Huh? I survived? It's a mat!" Lance was on a mat that was painted to look like a city from above.

He got up. Lance saw a window. There was an arcanine with weird stripes in there. He barely saw it, but on the other side of the lab there was what looked like some pokemon. He saw a blurred out pansage. He sticked his head into the glass, and made a creepy face, just to see how they react. "Hi kids! It's me, barney!" He shouted.

Midnight looked at Rage and smiled. "I'll help you guys" she said then saw Lance. "What in the name of the moons?" She muttered then threw a Shadow Ball at him which broke the window. "So I know a couple ways out and I know the quickest one from here" she said. "If you want to escape this place you can do it by yourselves or you can come with me" she said and sat down so they could make their decisions.

Kai saw a fissure open up in the training room's window and his eyes widened. What's going on? he wondered. He bounded over to the Pokémon gathered there, who seemed to be in the middle of some kind of escape attempt, if the broken windows were any indication. Hearing the tail end of their conversation, he spoke up behind Rage and Mint. "Count me in," he said, "if you'll have me. I'm sick of these humans."

Luna smirked. "Well, you're not the only one" she said and looked at Rage and Mint. "Anyone else? I'll get you all out if you want me to" she said then heard footsteps. "Get down and hide yourself as much as you can!" She whispered/yelled. She ran to the door and looked out of it the got beside the door. 'It can't be Jack' she thought and the footsteps passed them. "Ok we're good" she said and walked back over to them and sat down. "So have you made you're decisions yet?" She asked Mint and Rage.

Rage stood, calmed. "I didn't know that so many Pokemons were trying to get out of this place. Well... In one hand, it's dangerous going around this base altogether. There are a lot of possibilities of being discovered ant that our escape plan fails. On the other hand... Staying united can be useful when we have to face those humans. So... I suppose you can come with us. What do you think?" Said, looking to Mint.

"Don't you do that to barney!" said lance as he flew backwards. The shadow ball hit him. "You said you need more pokemon? I'm in. I am kind of two because of bella, will you accept me?"

"Well then, let's do it!" Mint chuckled, acting like he did before he was kidnapped. "Yes, yes, and yes!" He agreed to all the other's requests and sprung up onto Fury's back. Partly to block the Arcanine from the falling water, and partly to shield himself from enemy attacks. "You can lead the way, Eevee." Fury gave Luna the lead and took a deep breath, tensing himself to deal with hostiles.

Kai smiled to himself and glanced sideways at Fury. "Hey. No hard feelings, right, big guy?" He asked, eyes flickering to the small green Pokémon on the canine's back momentarily. He'd been a bit of a jerk, but he was more worried about survival. Any bad blood within could probably spell trouble, so he could try and force himself to behave.

Luna smiled and ran out of the door. "Ok if we're going to get out we need to" she said then stopped herself. "Jump out of that window" she finished, slowing down in front of the window. "I'll go first so stay here and when I call one Pokémon jump out" she said then jumped out the window. About one minute later she landed on a tree and looked up at them. "Ok, I'm down!" She yelled and jumped off the tree so that the next Pokémon could land on it.

"Of course not." Fury said as Mint leaped onto his head, then off through the window. The grass type landed skillfully on the tree and scampered down to let the next escaper jump. Shouting was heard down the hall. A crowd of grunts, admins, and their pokemon were making a commotion not far away and getting closer. Fury edged toward the noise and used Protect to keep off attacks or worse, bullets.

Luna looked up at the window. "He's down the next Pokémon you can come down!" She yelled up at the rest of them. Her ears twitched when she heard the people she growled. "Hurry! People are coming!" She yelled up at them.

Kai looked at the Larvitar with them with worry. He couldn't tell much by sight alone, but he thought Rock-types must've been pretty heavy. "Are you gonna be able to make it?" He asked. Why did he care? The commotion was getting closer, but he was concerned nonetheless.

"Eh..." Continued Rage. "I don't think I could... But I think it is worth trying it." He approached the window and looked down. "If I were you, I would jump before me. Just in case". Said to Kai. Meanwhile, he kept an eye on the door, just in case someone entered the room and started a fight.

"No one coming? Then I'm next!" Lance ran towards the window, charged his jump, and then bombed his way down. "Weeeeheeeeeee!!!" Lance shouted happily as he landed on the tree.