• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Enchanted Pokemon Funtime Action Adventure Fiesta

Oh... hey guys. There you are.
[size=7pt]You look different. Have you lost weight?[/size]
a27.png

I was just busy untying Trapinch, like you guys said.
It takes a really long time to undo knots when you don't have arms. Feels like I was at it for a month!
It's a good thing Doduo and Onix don't have arms, either, or they'd probably have tied harder knots.

a28.png

Turns out I was skinny enough to squeeze through the bars if I went sideways. That was good thinking, guys.
Trapinch's head is too big for him to get through, though, so he says I'm going to have to find the key and get him out. I owe him for knocking him out earlier, and anyways, he says a Wooper wouldn't have a chance of escaping on her own.
I asked him what he meant by that and he said that if our species is stupid enough to smack into boats all day long when we're fully evolved, then we must be drooling morons when we're still green.
Shows what he knows. Woopers are blue, not green. :T

Still... Trapinch knows lots more about this place than I do, so I agreed to go get the key. He warned me to be careful, since it's probably very well-guarded. He says he's a very important hostage, so they'll get the sharpest bandit in the gang watching that we don't escape.

a29.png

Seriously.

Oh wow. That looks tough Wooper :< Wahtever you do, don't try to wake him up. Sure he's a gulpin, but if they say he's sharp, he really must be. Appearances being deceiving is also a great asset. But anyway, what to do? Well, your Tail's gotten you out of a lot of fixes so far, why not use it here and try to slip the key out? It'll work since you're really slippery and stuff :3

Thanks for noticing my epic weight loss! ;D

As for that key, Belle has the right idea. Just tickle him a little to get to turn over and you can snag that key like butter. Mmm, butter.

Alright wooper! I agree with everyone else, glad you're back :D And If he doesn't wake up I'd take his glasses and put them on, the bandits might mistake you for one of them when you try to escape ;)

Hi Wooper, nice to see you again. :)
As everyone else said, don't wake Gulpin up. Can you imitate any noise that Onix/Doduo/anyone else there besides Trapinch might make? If you can, make the noise as you drag the key to cover up any sound that you might make.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
WOOPER!!! Great to see you!

Anyways, though not all Gulpins are strong, this one might be a tough cookie, as far as sayings go. So be on your guard when you try to slip that key out.

Hm... use your tail to carefully take that key away from the Gulpin. Then, if he/she wakes up, RUN. Or you can try to blind him/her momentarily(sp?) with a Water Gun and then get away. But that'll make Gulpin angry. Hrm. I think RX's idea is the best.

Hey Wooper =]
You should be careful with the gulpin! He looks like he could be a real tough guy! Be careful you don't wake him up. Like the others said, mayhaps you should tickle him a bit ^^' But be careful that he is actually asleep and not just faking it.

(Wooper, if you know what's good for you, you won't punt the Gulpin.)

Yeah I wouldn't punt him...

Oh! Here's an idea!

Since his glasses aren't on, put them on (I know you don't have hands but you're clever enough to figure it out) and say you're a new member and Diglett ordered you to release Trapinch. (We all know Gulpin's aren't the wittiest of pokemon.)

I have a suggestion, Wooper! I would knock out the Gulpin using any ground type attack you know, and then take the glasses and use them to pick the lock! After you pick the lock with your glasses, pretend to be another Wooper by wearing those glasses and smuggle the Trapinch out.

Um...I see no sense in that. Why knock out the Gulpin? He's asleep (or at least pretending to be). Why pick the lock? The key is right under the pillow. ???

Yes, what is the point of picking the lock when a key a right there? I'd say you snag that Gulpin's glasses and put them on (don't ask me how) and then try to see if you can get that key out from under him/her's pillow. If he/she wakes up, say your a new recruit and the Diglett ordered you to free Trapinch. If the Gulpin doesn't wake up, take the glasses anyway in case you run into another member.

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Hi Wooper! (Do you have another name apart from "Wooper"?).

I agree with diamondphantom, Michieru and Rosa_Rosie. Try to get Gulpin's glasses!

Also - what happened to Snapdragon's openCanvas?

Bet you thought there was finally gonna be an update, huh?
Yeah, Snapdragon's a lazy hack.

That, and I'm not sure which way Wooper should go.
From my interpretation of it, we have a 4-4 tie between tickling Gulpin to make him roll off the pillow and stealing his glasses in order to masquerade as a bandit.
Would anyone care to change their vote (or just cast one if they haven't yet) to break the tie? If nobody responds by the end on the week, I'll pick for myself and try to squeak out an update over Easter Break.

@Bara: Hard drive kerplosion. Alas. The good news being that a good samaritan on the internet gave me a key for the shiny, newest version of OC, which is a zillion times fancier than my ancient Japanese-language copy of version 1.2 or so. XD

Yes, what is the point of picking the lock when a key a right there? I'd say you snag that Gulpin's glasses and put them on (don't ask me how) and then try to see if you can get that key out from under him/her's pillow. If he/she wakes up, say your a new recruit and the Diglett ordered you to free Trapinch. If the Gulpin doesn't wake up, take the glasses anyway in case you run into another member.

way to copy what i said word for word. its called quoting someone and agreeing with them. stop taking credit for yourself ::)

and i double my vote for that. does that work? =D

lol

whatever happens, I can't wait for the next installment. and it's ok... i make people wait for drawings and stuff all the time... it actually makes me feel special that people get impatient and keep asking because then i know how much people like it X3

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Tickling... not a really good idea, really. Gulpin might attack Wooper, and you never now if Gulpin really is strong or not. So I'll go with stealing the glasses and taking the key.

Better than tickling.

100 replies. I should have made some sort of celebratory image, huh? XD Thanks for sticking around this long, everyone. I know I've been inconsistent (both in quality of arts and regularity of updates) so I'm glad to see this thing is still alive.

a30.png

Heck yeah.

My mom says that it's not nice to lie to people, but you're right. The important thing is rescuing Trapinch, since it's my fault he was caught.
And, uh... thanks for asking; I do have a name.
It's Newo.
If I was only called Wooper, it'd be pretty confusing back home... but since I'm the only Wooper around, you can keep calling me that if you guys wanna. I don't mind. =)

a31.png

So sure enough, when I went to grab the key, Gulpin woke up and was all, "hey you, don't touch that."
So I told him he should give it to me because I'm a thief and that makes us buddies, and everybody knows friends share with each other.

a32.png

I don't think Gulpin likes to share very much.

What should I do, you guys? I'm pretty sure he can't open his mouth big enough to swallow my antenna, so he can't eat me, but I'm getting purple stuff in my eyes and it tingles and not in a good way. D:

If you think she should fight, then here's an update on her stats:
Wooper @ Darkglasses
Lv. 13, Naive nature
Water Absorb

Water Gun (power 40, special, water-type)
Tail Whip (lowers enemy defense)
Mud Sport (weakens electric moves, is pretty useless on a ground-type)
Mud Shot (power 55, special, ground-type. Lowers enemy speed one level. 95 accuracy.)

Oh no Newo! What will we do!

Ok Newo, I say, you should go for the kill! You should make a motto too! And don't worry, I checked with your mom- she said it was okay, and she brought you cookies! *Throws cookies to Newo.*

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Wooper! Oh no, you're attacked! D:

Well, those glasses look really good on you, but still... to the main point...

Wooper, I'm pretty sure you shouldn't fight. I mean, sure you're in danger, but fighting just doesn't seem right at the moment. You never know what hidden powers are hidden up Gulpin's, erm, mouth, and you cannot be sure what types of moves Gulpin has until it's too late.

But if you run, it'll give your true identity away. Or at least the part that you're no bandit. So what I suggest is for you to just tell Gulpin that you really need the key. Maybe you could say something like, "I need to teach Trapinch a lesson, and a good lesson. The only way that I can give him the best lesson is by openning the jail cell and giving him my full-force water gun." I know it's a lie, but Wooper, you must do this to save yourself. If you want to die and not lie, go ahead, but if you want to live... I think you should lie just a few more times.

Okay?

And I know it sounds weird coming from my mouth... but I speaketh what I think is true.

[size=8pt]Newo, I think you got a little something on your face. Just there P:

And dang, are those glasses ever spiffy.
But um.
Maybe if you could manage to spray the goo off of your face, you could just leave Gulpin there.. He doesn't seem capable of doing much more than sticking there.[/size]

baratron

Moderator of Elder Scrolls
Staff member
Newo, eh? Is that pronounced New-oh, or Nee-wo? (Like Nemo, but with a w instead of m).

First of all, you need to get Gulpin's poison off your face. I reckon that you could use a Water Gun to do that. Then you could try a Mud Shot. I'm not sure you need to get into a full-blown battle, but it's not acceptable for the Gulpin to hurt you. Ground moves are Super Effective against Poison Pokemon, so it should stop him for now.

Ugh. Okay, that does not look good. I can think of two ways you can go.
1) Talk him out of it, like Shiny said. If you try this option, don't mention "friends". Gulpin is obviously not too crazy about friends and you don't want to push him the wrong way.
2) Use Mud Sport to get Gulpin off your head (you can shoot it out of your head when he's on it, right?). Then just attack him as hard as you can to knock him out and grab the key.

Well, I'll have to agree with everyone else. I'd say you tell Gulpin to get off your head right now because the Diglettt won't like it very much if you didn't obey his orders. (I know it's a lie, but he doesn't know that) Maybe you can get some of that muck of you face with a Water Gun and if Gulpin still doesn't get off your head, then I say headbutt the wall and attack with Mud Sport.

Meh, not really that original but I believe that headbutting the wall will work. (Hey! At least you have a reason to punt him now. lol.)

Um...I see no sense in that. Why knock out the Gulpin? He's asleep (or at least pretending to be). Why pick the lock? The key is right under the pillow. ???

Oops. Sorry, didn't see the key.

I have a suggestion. How about Mud Shot-ting the Gulpin off your head, and the Mud Shot will slow him down too. Use Water Gun to clean off your head, steal the key from the Gulpin, unlock the Trapinch, and then Water Gun-ning the ground to lubricate it to help you help you two escape faster.

You've got him right where you want him, Newo! While he's distracted by gumming your head off, take the key and release Trapinch. I'm sure you two can escape before you succumb to the poison. It only leaves you with 1 HP these days (as opposed to knocking you out), so you'll be fine as long as you don't have to fight anything.

I like the idea of head butting him against a wall >:D
But Gardevoir master has a point as well, you won't die of poison.
Anyway, tell the gulpin to get off your head because you are simply obeying the orders of the "boss".

I like the idea of head butting him against a wall >:D
But Gardevoir master has a point as well, you won't die of poison.
Anyway, tell the gulpin to get off your head because you are simply obeying the orders of the "boss".

But Newo doesn't know Headbutt. So that wouldn't work very well, right? :p

Since the poison won't kill you, you could just ignore it, but it might be better to use Mud Sport (since that basically covers yourself with mud and probably wouldnt taste good to Gulpin (especially since Ground is effective against Poison) or Mud Shot him off (if you're able too).

I would totally go with the backwards headbutt! Then Mud Sport to make sure he stays off. Plus playing in the mud will just make it more fun, if it scatters around enough, Gulpin might not be able to move around very easy. And those glasses are super spiffy!