• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Enchanted Pokemon Funtime Action Adventure Fiesta

(I hope this isn't in the wrong place. :< )

So who here remembers those "Choose Your Own Adventure" books from elementary school? Haven't you ever thought to yourself, "boy, I sure wish there was a Pokemon version of this, only with shoddy doodles instead of words"?

No, not even once?

Yeah, me neither.

And yet here we are in a magical land where you decide what happens next. Gosh. I'm not too sure how much of a success this will turn out to be, but I'm prepared to bear the burden of failing on the internet. We'll get the hang of this as we go along, you'll see.

So before we do anything, we need an intrepid hero!

ditto.png
Ditto: Soft wad of jelly. Very easy to draw, so updates can come quick.

oddish.png
Oddish: Also very simple to doodle, with the added bonus of being a cute little radish thing. Gloom and Vileplume aren't that hard to do, either.

wooper.png
Wooper: Ground types are superb, and let's face it: Quagsire is adorable. This one also gets SEXUAL DIMORPHISM, which Oddish won't have until it evolves. That makes Wooper special.

flareon.png
Flareon: The most complex to draw, but the fact that it's a giant poofball means it shouldn't be too tricky. Updates will be the least frequent with this one, but at least it gets the option of breathing fire at stuff.

Other: If enough people vote for a species not shown here, I'll use it. However, it can't be overly complex and I won't do it if it's a species I don't particularly like. (METAGROSS *fistshake*)

In addition to voting on species, we'll also need to decide on a gender. This is rather important. (Unless we choose Ditto. :V) So what say you, citizens of Pokecharms? WTF is our noble hero supposed to be?

[size=8pt]Also, let me know what you think of the image size. Will 500x500 be too big for updates?[/size]

I say go with Ditto, and five hundred might be a little too wide. Your standard monitor resolution is only at six hundred pixels wide, and the forum doesn't reach all the way to the edges of the screen.

You could try Weedle, just lots and lots of circles. ;D Or maybe Diglett, another easy Pokemon to draw, only it'll probably lead to a lot of awkward situations (poking out of hole in an elevator, building, boat, etc.)

diglett1.png

diglett2.png

diglett3.png

Couldn't resist. :3
These are all 500x400. Better?

Anyway, we can't have a grand adventure until one Pokemon has the majority. I think we all know what we must do. :V

[size=8pt]That diglett is the snazziest piece of awesomeness I've ever seen.

But I agree. The Wooper is win.[/size]

I vote Diglett for lulz, Wooper for happy funtime. It would seem more like a child-like adventure if you used Wooper, plus it just looks like the ype to go on an epic adventure.

woopers.png

[size=7pt]bonk.[/size]

Okay, so it's pretty much a given that our hero shall be a Wooper.
Question is, though... male or female?
It shouldn't alter our adventure drastically, I just need to know how many lumps to draw on the antenna things. XD

Depending on time, I may just go with the first thing somebody says, so if you absolutely cannot live without she-Woopers, speak fast.

Just asking, how can you tell the difference between male and female Woopers? I don't mind either one but the female always seems more of the curious type to me.

I think the significance of the female Wooper, and it's sheer cuteness make it highly eligible to be our little heroine. As an added bonus, you could put a heart-shaped mark on her chest like that Wooper in that one episode in Johto.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
And just to go along with the rest of the bandwagon, female Wooper ftw ^^

This is a really cute idea, Snapdragon. I've been pondering since you posted it which board it'd best suit, and I really can't decide. Since it hasn't been moved yet, I'm going to assume nobody else can either, so its fine where it is.

Btw - would Wooper get a sidekick? After those Diglett pics, I'd love to see that thing involved, too XD

(Sorry, I don't really watch the anime, so I don't know what the Wooper in that episode looks like. :< No heart mark for our brave heroine. As for sidekicks... well, that depends on the suggestions you guys throw my way. xD Diglett might show up again, though, because it's about as easy to draw as you can get.)

a1.png

Hi! Boy, am I glad you guys decided to help me out.

a2.png

That's my cave. It's nice and cool, and there are lots of other Woopers and Quagsires around. I was there a second ago, minding my own business.

Then...
a3.png

Something bad happened.
The last thing I remember is something smacking me in the face, then this really bright red light.

a4.png

And now here I am.
I... don't think this is my cave. It's really bright and sweaty out here.

What should I do, guys?

You must search for an Oasis? Or board the mysterious and conveniently crashed NASA Spacecraft?

On the subject of sidekicks, I'd suggest something small, like a Caterpie perhaps, or something brutish, like a thug-ish Wigglytuff or Geodude...

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Search for an oasis and try not to get eaten by larger, meaner desert Pokemon XD

Otherwise, try to find some sort of shelter from the sun.

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
Gosh, how horrible! You're stuck in a desert!

How about... dig a hole to find water. Or find a friendly Pokemon that will help you out of the desert, or just help you in general. If you can't find one, then... find some sort of shelter, like... that cactus over there. Though it's prickly, it'll hide you from the wild Pokemon that may harm you, and, let's face it, it has arms, so it can shelter you from the sun. Or, if you aren't afraid of getting poked, break it if you get thirsty to get all the juice inside it. If you decide to break it, you can use it as a weapon (besides your basic attacks) to fend off... fiends.

And what's a oasis?

And to Snapdragon: Nice pics! They're SOO cute!

Poor Wooper. You should find someone to help lead you back to your cave. Be careful, you don't want someone to hurt you again, so try and find someone that appears to be nice and friendly. If you can't find anybody, you should just find shelter and save your energy for anything that may come up. The cactus would be very helpful, as Shiny_Eevee said.

Snapdragon: Aw. Wooper is so cute. :D

a5.png

L-larger, meaner desert Pokemon? Wild Pokemon?
Fiends?!
I do not like fiends at all. :(
I'd better find some weapons, since I won't be able to swim away from them.

a6.png

So... this thing is a cactus?
It looks a bit poky, but I'm sure we can break it somehow.
Let's see... when in doubt, punt... right?

a7.png

a8.png

I don't think I like punting very much.

a9.png

Uh-oh.
Guys... guys, I can't get up.
And my foot's all ouchy.
Guys...?

Help. D:

[size=8pt]Looks like you're in a bit of a pickle Wooper :C
I hope you learned a valuable lesson- No matter how good it sounds, violence is never the answer.
Especially against a cactus.

Now.
First things first, you need to pull out those prickers!

Oh wait.
Hands=no
D:
Well, maybe you can use your tail as a lever to ease yourself back up onto one foot.
And water gun at those prickers.
c:

Snapdragon: Wooper makes me giggle. Lots. -THUMBSUP-
[/size]

I'd suggest flailing around until you get on your feet, but whose to say how long that takes to get on your feet. In terms of prickly problems, I'd suggest you get that nearby trapinch to help you.

Get someone to help you with your foot, or maybe you can pull the thorns out with your teeth? If you get someone to help you, like the Trapinch, perhaps they will break the cactus for you.

(I know I didn't mention it before, but I'm glad you guys find Wooper cute. I'm trying to keep each image at about 10-15 minutes' worth of effort, and I was worried the doodle-ish quality would drive people away.

And yeah, I know that water is terrible. Sssh. >_>)

Yeah, the sooner I get these needles out, the happier I'll be. No use standing up on a foot full of ouchies.
a10.png

I'm not sure what a Trapinch is, though, so I decided to try a Water Gun before that.
It worked. :)

a11.png

Ohh... hey, guys, is this what a Trapinch is?
They are kind of cute. :3
I don't need help with my foot anymore, but maybe Trapinch will help me stand up and find my way home.

a12.png

Gosh, you guys, Trapinches are nice.
I think this one is carrying me back to my cave. Isn't that sweet?
I can't really understand him when his mouth is full, but I think he said something about something called a "bandits." Maybe that's his name?
He must not know what Woopers are, though, because I'm pretty sure he called me "bait."
Hee hee, silly Trapinch. What kind of Pokemon is a Bait?

Shiny Motley

2016 Singles Football
"Bait" means "something to lure or attract something else", so that means the Trapinch (the thing that's dragging you) is going to use you for.. I dunno what. But bait is usually bad for the bait. When you don't know what he's going to do to you, tell him to put you down and then let it talk to you. If you think he's using you for a bad purpose, attack with a water attack, and then run away.

lulz, teh Trapinch is raping our Hero...

But aniwaiz, knowing Wooper's outlandish bad luck, this could be worse, so we must play along in hopes each bit of bad luck cancels each other out (like how tha bad luck of becoming bait has freed him from being disabled.

[size=8pt]mouth-rapeelohel.

But see, Wooper can't just run away. Why?
sadfafasgdfARENA TRAP dun dun duuuuuunnnn.
Those trapinch are tricky like that.
Instead, our heroine must use her wit to explain that she is Wooper, not bait. And because of that Wooper =/= Good bait.

Just tell him Wooper taste like rubber, like the pizza you get from American Cafeterias -ZING!-
:3[/size]

Hmm... Let me check my PokeDex...

Dexter: Bait, the Decoy Pokemon. Battling with Bait is a difficult thing to master, unless you know the trick. In order to master b...[closes PokeDex]

Bore-Ing!

You know, it must be awfully hot in that desert. Perhaps your new friend there would enjoy a pleasant misting.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
I'm with Gardie Master on this. It must be very dry for Trapinch in that desert, and since Wooper's a water-type why not lend a hand with Mist/Rain dance/a nice Water Gun sprinkle? I'm sure Trapinch will appreciate it muchly =)

(Shakes head at our poor, innocent and naive heroine)

Yes, just get the Trapinch to put you down, and give him some water. And...if he seems to want something else from you, be careful...you never know exactly what 'bait' means to someone you've just met.

Yeah, I agree that the Trapinch would love a nice, cold drink. But the words "bandits" and "bait" really make me nervous. You should get to know this guy first before you get into some major trouble.

(Wow, the artwork's nice, how do you do it? I can join in, can't I?)

I suggest you do give the Trapinch water, from a light trickle of a Water Gun. That way, if he tries to pull anything, you're ready to go full-blast with that Water Gun.

Good idea, guys. It must be very thirsty work carrying me around.
(Not that I am fat. It's just baby pudge, that's all.)
a13.png

a14.png

I don't think Trapinch was thirsty, guys. This kinda hurts.
I really don't like the way he's squishing my tummy, it feels like I'm gonna...

a15.png

[size=12pt]BLUUUAAAAARRRRGHFF.[/size]

[size=8pt]Wooper used Water Gun!
It's super effective!
Enemy Trapinch fainted![/size]
a16.png

Whew, I feel better.

I don't think Trapinch feels very good, though. I hope he isn't mad at me.
a17.png

Wh-
OH NO EARTHQUAKE
What do I do what do I do
WHAT IF THERE'S A CAVE-IN THAT HAPPENS SOMETIMES

Editing for clarity.
Sorry about the shoddy-ish art (especially the earthquake one oh lord XD). I'm still getting the hang of this program.

Oh noes, Wooper! Earthquake!

But Wooper...you're not in your cave, yet. Try to keep both feet on the ground, 'kay?​