• A reminder: If you want to ask an RP thread creator if you can join their RP, do so in private - via conversation or profile messages - or via the thread's discussion thread, if one exists. Do NOT ask if you can join an RP on the RP thread itself! This leads to a lot of unnecessary OOC chatter and that's not what the RP boards are for.

This is clearly stated in our RP forum rules. If you've not read them yet, do so BEFORE posting anything in the RP forums. They may be found here (for Pokémon Role Play) or here (for General Role Play). Remember that the Global Rules of Pokécharms also apply in addition to these rule sets.
  • Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Open Elemental Tournament

"Yeah nope! Ben said as he sunk himself into the ground getting his green and black Gi cut in the process "(They'll never see me coming.)" Ben thought. Then jumped out of the ground and sent rock shards everywhere. "Take this!!!"

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Edwind made a mental note about Ben having the element of Earth. He then threw a punch a Winter as a follow up with a blast from behind. He saw the blast of stones that Ben fired and he was unable to block any of them that came his way. At this Edwind had enough,"Well you guys asked for it." The boy then discharged a massive amount of dark energy within a two mile radius, exploding every non human object that wasn't the ground.

"Oh dang" Ben said before he got blasted away into a wall "Oooh *cough* that was AWESOME." dusting off his clothes "I think we should stop here, let's go eat breakfast"

Winters body froze into ice and then shattered the shattered ice pieces then reassebled themselves back to Winter right behind Ben she then tackled the boy down to the ground

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Ok, let's stop here," Edwind said worrying for the sake of his life, "Discharging an energy attack like that made me hungry." He liked being able to show his power but was unhappy with revealing some secrets before the tournament.

" I'll go make pancakes" Winter said as she ran into the building with her rapier in her hand when she got to the kitchen she instantly got out the things she needed she then placed her Rapier on the table and started to make the Pancakes

"Mental note: he can discharge energy" Ben thought "Yeah I'm pretty hungry too, how about breakfast sandwiches?" then Ben thought "If I can edit the stone shard move to block that energy discharge it can help defeat him , well if it comes to that."

Winter started making the batter and started to place tiny blueberries inside the batter after she finished the blueberry pancake batter she started making a fruit salad

"So Edwind, where did you get your scar from and why is it so close to your eye?" Ben said worried the silence would be awkward "If you tell me I'll tell you where I got my hand scar."

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh this," Edwind said pointing to his scar, "Well make a long story short some guy tried to take away my eyes using a knife but he was sloppy and because of that I kinda almost killed him, so nothing too major. Anyway where did you get your scar?"

Winter finished making their breakfast and placed it on the table she really admired her work this time considering that she made it all by herself Winter then went to the counter and poured herself a cup of coffee

"So back when I was twelve I was doing a Batman, taking a shortcut home through a alleyway and came across three dudes and he didn't say anything he just ran up to me with a knife and tried to cut me, he almost chopped my hand in half completely if I didn't gut punch him with a stone pillar, after that I rushed home and had to stay in a hospital for a week and a half." Ben recalled as he ate his pancakes.

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Huh, Well that's... unusual, but who am I to judge. Also Winter, thank you for the meal it was very generous of you." Edwind had said this while he was in the middle of eating his breakfast sandwich. He hoped that Winter wouldn't be too hostile in return after how he had been a little rude to her when they first met.

" I'm just glad that you enjoy the food" Winter said as she smiled at him while taking a bite out of her blueberry pancake

Winters phone started to ring so she stood up and excused herself from the table she then walked into another room and answered her phone "what do you want Frost" Winter said coldly into her phone "Well little sis I hope you now that dad and mum are expecting you to win" her brother said from the other line she ended the call and walked back to the table and sat down and continued to eat her pancake

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"So when will this tournament begin anyway?" Edwind said, pausing from his second sandwich to get his statement out without chewing,"At this point the most we can do is prepare and I don't know about you but I'm getting kind of antsy over here." He didn't like waiting and the host had never made it specific when the tournament would begin so until then the people who had arrived at this point in time were just biting their nails.

Winter placed her fork down and sighed " I don't know when the tournament will begin but heard there will be one round where were spilt into teams and battle the other teams last team standing wins" Winter said calmly before taking a bite of her fruit salad

sSoul

Previously Swirled
So we start out in teams, huh, so making allies would be a good move also working together. Edwind mentally noted, allowing himself a blueberry pancake. He wasn't usually accustomed to eating fruit based foods, so this was a new experience for him. After he finished he asked another question concerning the tournament, "So will there be any solo matches or is this tournament entirely team based?"

"The start is probably gonna have teams then turn people against each other." Ben replied "Why do you think they hold these anyways, it's probably just some game to them. "

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"What kind of sick man, woman, or child thinks having people form friendships just to have them to break those very bonds they insisted they form. This reminds me of one movie that I saw called the Hunger Games, hopefully, this won't be as gruesome as that mess." Edwind now regretted attending this tournament but couldn't turn back now, he had to see this tournament all the way through or else what was the point of even coming? He hoped he wouldn't have to fight and certainly not kill Ben or Winter as that would be mental tourture even though they more on the border of acquaintances and friends.

Winter was having second thoughts about the tournament sense she didn't want to hurt Ben or Edwind "I hope were on the same team" Winter said softly while she pushed away her food sense she lost her appetite "If were not on the same team I'll just try and avoid you guys" she stated but she knew she would have to fight them at one point but she didn't want that on their first battle

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"I'll do the same and I dunno about you guys but I'm not letting anyone turn me into some form of entertainment without my consent." Edwind liked the idea of not fighting your friends unless absolutely necessary, "I'm going to go on a pre tournament big, if anyone wants to come with me I won't stop you." He got up from the table and headed to his room to change into his jogging outfit.

Winter decided to go with Edwind but she didn't change she walked into Edwinds room and sat on his bed while her Rapier was still in her hand "Edwind if we do end up on the same team how are we gonna cooperate with other people sense your an arrogant little kid" Winter said jokingly while her grip on her Rapier loosened, Winter saw Edwinds powers but he hasn't seen all of hers the best thing about her water element was it wasn't for attacking it's only meant for healing and defending but her ice element covered all of the attacking problems

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh ha ha, but I have been told that I have a confidence problem, but then again before I learned how to control my powers if I had a dollar for how many people I almost killed, I may have enough money to by my local Applebee's." Even though his tone was light and cheerful, he was serious, even though he was possessed by his element, he still went on the occasional power-hungry rampage when he was 7. But neither Ben nor Winter had knew about his wind powers which was the one he was in more control of and was able to hide for a longer period of time. He then exited his room and told Winter, "So anyway I know this place where I always jog to as a checkpoint to tell me I should come back so that is where I'll be going if you don't know where it is then just follow me."

Winter noded her head and stood up "wait were going to run but I'm wearing heels" Winter complained she then ran to her room and quickly changed into black leggings and a black t-shirt and switched her heels for black and white running shoes she then tied her hair up in a ponytail and set her Rapier on her bed she then ran back to where Edwind was

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"It's a rather grassy area so if you see any wild animals that's common." The boy said at starting his jog knowing that Winter would likely follow. He liked running to a certain forest that always calmed him down and let him channel his power of wind. While he was able to control it, he needed to discharge the elemental energy building up inside him or else it would release in the form of a tornado or a hurricane. He wasn't used to having another person running with him so doing this with someone else was nice.

Winter jogged right next to Edwind,Winter could run for a good amount of time sense her elements would cool her off "Edwind when we take a break I want to show you somwthing" Winter said as she sped up a little bit

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Ok" Edwind said as he does up to keep pace with Winter, "So, what do you want to show me anyway?" He was curious as he valued what was important to others yet he wanted to go to their original destination shortly after whatever his companion wanted him to see.

"Well if we do end up on the same team I want to show you what my other element can do" Winter said as she looked at Edwind and smiled

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Okay and in return I'l show you what my other element can do." This was what Edwind planned on doing in the first place and he didn't min doing it sooner. He returned Winter's smile as he continued running.

Winter wanted to see how long she could keep a sprint up so she started running faster trying to improve her indurance, Winter then realized Edwind smiled which made her slightly giggle sense the little arrogant kid smiled at her

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Edwind had heard Winter giggle and this confused him, "Is something funny because if so please tell me." He hoped he wasn't the reason she was laughing and if he was that would be a little embarrassing.

Winter grew tired so she stopped running and used her ice to cool her down "Well I was giggling because you smiled at me" Winter said honestly as she continued to cool herself down with her ice element

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Oh..." Edwind said as he felt himself flush with color, at this point he may need some ice from Winter as well. He tried hiding it but at this point it was very visible that he was embarrssed. He then managed to utter, "So is this the place you want to show me your other element?"

Winter noded her head "for my trick to work you need to hurt yourself"Winter stated as she gave Edwind a dagger made out of ice "Edwind you can trust me I swear that the pain will go away once I use my element" Winter reassured

Last edited:

sSoul

Previously Swirled
"Um.. ok?" Edwind said bracing himself. He took Winter's words very seriously so if she were to backstab him, the boy would personally make sure that she will regret it. But he hoped it wouldn't come to that, he knew the stabbing may hurt a little bit or it would almost kill him, depends on how sharp the ice was. Once Edwind had finished preparing he told her, "Alright I'm ready!"

"Well, since they're jogging I might as well resew my Gi." Ben said as he pulled out some seeds "Might just do the trick." Ben said thinking out loud. Then he proceeded to sew the Gi with tiny vines. "I wonder what my other friends are doing." Ben thinking out loud.

Winter then gathered some of the water in the area and controlld the liquid and made the liquid engulf the arm with the cut once around the area where Winter stabbed Edwind the water started to glow green and blue before it evaporated to show the cut was all healed and all that was left was a mark where Winter sliced but that mark would soon diissapear

sSoul

Previously Swirled
Edwind winced at the pain but he managed to not voice it. He then saw that water was wrapping his wound and he saw it slowly disappear. "Okay, so I see that you're a water elemental, and you use it for healing instead of attacking, that's pretty cool, and to make good on my word I'll show you what my element does." Edwind gathered up nearby energy until he started to float, being engulfed in an emerald green aura. Then he put his hand out keeping all of his fingers together and his over his palm. He then released all of the stored wind energy that he had inside into a powerful wind vacuum that blew up all of the leaves and made them do a tornado like motion. Once he was done he floated back down and asked his companion, "So what do you think of my other element, in case you didn't know this was the one I was born with, the darkness element I developed over time."