• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Dragon Ball RP: Dragon Ball Final Blow

I may do that later as well. I kinda want to see how the Owl School would react to seeing a Namekian in their ranks.
Also yeah, I just created the Owl School because why not. If there's an Earthling that's not already part of a school and you want to easily interact with my characters, then put them in the Owl School.

Does this Owl School have a signature technique? Like the Kamehameha for Turtle School or the Dodon Ray for Crane School? Might consider making my OC an ex-member of that school who broke away on his own so I'd need at least one Owl School technique for that.

Soaring Owl and Soul Cannon would be the two signature moves of Owl School, but Soul Cannon is usually the final technique you learn so if he broke away he'd know Soaring Owl most likely. And your character having broken away from the school will make for some really interesting character dialogue?

That's what I was hoping for XD

And I'll add the Soaring Owl to my character's move list. Thanks.

Also SS-I Never what is the general setting like? Is there some big galactic empire, and how did you envision the Dragon Balls in this story?

So, this story takes place before Frieza, but not before King Cold. But King Cold is not a galactic emperor yet. He is, however, the emperor of Acrosia.

During this time, inter-galactic travel had just begun. Multiple space-ship prototypes being tested over all across the galaxy, with people being tested on them. Most of the inhabitants of Earth, however, have no idea this kind of technology even exists, and they're just starting to be fascinated with Capsules.

Kami has not gain the role as guardian of Earth, yet, so they're no Dragon Balls on Earth, only Namek.

So yeah, that's how I have some of it planned out.

Ah, I see.

Well, I was just thinking the Dragon Balls should A. be more than just some reset button, kinda like the first arc where looking for them was a major story element and B. it would be harder for our characters to find them.

Cause a motive of my character is to find these Dragon Balls, would you say that knowledge of them would not be common knowledge among residents of this setting?

Alright, but in that case how will the Earthlings get involved with the actual adventure?
Well, that's where @Gamefreak1996's character comes in. Since the Roarnak (I'm so sorry if I spelled that wrong) are quite secretive species, and tend to live far away from humans, other alien species come to Planet Earth to trade valuables with them.
(If that's alright with @Gamefreak1996 that is)

I'm planning that through later actions from our characters, the Saiyans see Earth as a threat (but not a high one), which is why they'll send Goku in the future.

Cause a motive of my character is to find these Dragon Balls, would you say that knowledge of them would not be common knowledge among residents of this setting?
Well, we could have this time be Kami just starting to become the guardian of Earth. He then learns how to make the Dragon Balls, and your character could be the first to ever discover them.

Maybe your character could be the original creator (or at least a major founder) of the Dragon Radar? And he could also be a descendant of the Briefs family? idk

Well, we could have this time be Kami just starting to become the guardian of Earth. He then learns how to make the Dragon Balls, and your character could be the first to ever discover them.

Maybe your character could be the original creator (or at least a major founder) of the Dragon Radar? And he could also be a descendant of the Briefs family? idk

That is...interesting. So would the main setting of this story be Earth? I'm not against the idea of being a Brief ancestor, though I would like my Dragon Radar to not give like 100% perfect locations (Like I can find a general area, and have to search for them since it isn't picture perfect).

Maybe when Kami makes the first set one of them (4 star) lands by where my character happens to be, and I could be inspired to find others and stuff.

I was just asking I don't care where the main setting is to be honest XD

Though it seems like our villains will need steep power caps, given Frieza is not around yet and Frieza was said to be the strongest warrior in the universe (Minus the still sealed Majin Buu). Unless you have a way around this.

And I think our first villain should not be as strong as Infant was. That was starting too high IMO XD

My character starts off is as strong as the plot needs him to be. I'll wait for everyone to establish head cannon power levels for their characters.

Early Krillin level.

But then....this raises another question. Should we have the aliens be just as strong as the Earthlings? Like, I want it to be that way. I was just going to say that Antarchy isn't a fighter in his race, so he was just born with a low power-level, but then the Saiyans....Yeah, that won't work.

Saiyans are a warrior race, and at minimum their power level should be 1000 (if they're adults).

Hmm.....damn you Pavlov.

The problem with making something a prequel is that there's all this stuff that must be followed and nothing can be contradicted.

Also yeah, I mean pre-Namek Krillin.

Well....damn. Looks like it won't work then.

Damn, and just when I thought I was building good lore for this story.

Well, time for Plan B: This RP now takes 200-500 years after Goku's death!

(Also, @Eeveechu151 Pre-Namek Krillin is still way too strong)

Well....damn. Looks like it won't work then.

Damn, and just when I thought I was building good lore for this story.

Well, time for Plan B: This RP now takes 200-500 years after Goku's death!

(Also, @Eeveechu151 Pre-Namek Krillin is still way too strong)

When in doubt, adapt!

Though now finding Dragon Balls becomes a trivial matter. So new motive for my character. I can figure this out.

Also Saiyan Saga Krillin>Raditz

Wait what? Damn, I thought that was weak. And I was already ready to do all this pre-DB lore and shit... Well, uh, I guess we can still have my characters there...?

He killed several Saibamen during the fight with Nappa. Raditz really was weak in DBZ power scales.

And it sucks, but I doubt Sarah or other Saiyan owners are gonna be willing to have Saiyans not be Super in this story. Though I can't speak for them, fully.

Just now?

Raditz was a punchline since his defeat. He literally started the trend of "You thought that guy was strong? Wait till you see the next guy!" trend DBZ ran with and never looked back. They literally made things you could casually grow to be as strong as him to serve as a literal measuring stick.

Well yes, I know that.
But after becoming attached to the character through MasakoX's series, just realizing that in the Saiyan Saga KRILLIN was stronger than three Saibamen, which equaled Raditz in strength each...
Krillin: What's that supposed to mean?!
...goddamn, Toriyama must have hated him.
Raditz: YOU DON'T [censored] SAY

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Oh, well that is troubling.

My own heart is torn, on one hand SS's lore was really interesting to explore. On the other...Super Saiyan Sallot.

I mean I can go without Super Saiyan for the sake of consistency to explore this lore, she'll start low level "trash" anyway, I just don't want to muck up the story cause it sounded cool. Though how far we can go power wise is gonna be something to discuss.

Well, in the future, it is a time of peace. Everyone is living in harmony, and no major threats had shown their faces for centuries.

Fighting (not fighting fighting, but like DBZ fighting) had almost disappeared entirely. There is now inter-universal travel, but only between pair universes (ours will take place in 7 & 6), so trading had become a major part of the lives for most of the beings in each universe.

The Namekians decided that to keep the peace, they would get rid of their Dragon Balls entirely. Now, the only Dragon Balls that exist are the Super Dragon Balls, and only a handful of Namekians even know how to create more.

Saiyans even stopped their fighting ways during this time of peace (well, that's because every Saiyan is a half-breed, and there is the calm and reserved Universe 6 Saiyans)!

It turns out, one of the Cell Jr's that Gohan fought, survived! They escaped Earth in one of Capsule Corp's ship, and went all the way to distant planet! Now, there are Bio-droids roaming the whole planet, each having at least one characteristic of Cell. They even know all of the Z-Warrior's techniques. They're surprisingly a calm species.

All of Majin Buu's Booby-Booby creations now inhabit a planet of their own, but it is so far away, that barely anyone is able to reach it.

Goku, and the rest of the Z-Warriors, have not been forgotten, however! Throughout both universes, they're seen as heroes (and yes, Mr. Satan is still the beloved champion)! Even if no one is fighting as hard as they did before, they would never forget what they did.

IT REALLY WAS A PEACEFUL TIME! Until....

And yeah, that's all I have.

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Well, in the future, it is a time of peace. Everyone is living in harmony, and no major threats had shown their faces for centuries.

Fighting (not fighting fighting, but like DBZ fighting) had almost disappeared entirely. There is now inter-universal travel, but only between pair universes (ours will take place in 7 & 6), so trading had become a major part of the lives for most of the beings in each universe.

The Namekians decided that to keep the peace, they would get rid of their Dragon Balls entirely. Now, the only Dragon Balls that exist are the Super Dragon Balls, and only a handful of Namekians even know how to create more.

Saiyans even stopped their fighting ways during this time of peace (well, that's because every Saiyan is a half-breed, and there is the calm and reserved Universe 6 Saiyans)!

It turns out, one of the Cell Jr's that Gohan fought, survived! They escaped Earth in one of Capsule Corp's ship, and went all the way to distant planet! Now, there are Bio-droids roaming the whole planet, each having at least one characteristic of Cell. They even know all of the Z-Warrior's techniques. They're surprisingly a calm species.

All of Majin Buu's Booby-Booby creations now inhabit a planet of their own, but it is so far away, that barely anyone is able to reach it.

Goku, and the rest of the Z-Warriors, have not been forgotten, however! Throughout both universes, they're seen as heroes (and yes, Mr. Satan is still the beloved champion)! Even if no one is fighting as hard as they did before, they would never forget what they did.

IT REALLY WAS A PEACEFUL TIME! Until....

And yeah, that's all I have.

Oh crabs, that is perfect! So would my character (If full breed) be from Universe 6? Seems like easy enough explanation and what not. But good stuff SS!

jade421

Previously Sarah316
Now, the only Dragon Balls that exist are the Super Dragon Balls, and only a handful of Namekians even know how to create more.

Perhaps my Namekian character can either A. know of the Super Dragon Balls or B. can know of a new set made and scattered throughout the universe(s) within this Universe 7 & 6 bridged setting (Kinda like the Black Star ones, only without planet destruction) which could inspire an adventurous search for them by both villain and heroes?

*play original Dragon Ball theme song*

Yeah, but I think that should be till later.

So, what do you guys want? I'm thinking that everyone should start with a power level around....50-70. Yeah, we're all going to start early Dragon Ball, not Z, level. It's been peaceful, and none of these beings have fought seriously in their entire lives (until we get to villains).

jade421

Previously Sarah316
*play original Dragon Ball theme song*

Yeah, but I think that should be till later.

So, what do you guys want? I'm thinking that everyone should start with a power level around....50-70. Yeah, we're all going to start early Dragon Ball, not Z, level. It's been peaceful, and none of these beings have fought seriously in their entire lives (until we get to villains).

Fine with me, but putting numbers is where it gets fickle XD, early DBZ tier works though.

Well the Owl School has really been training, and the idea is that Masukuro is out of the league of our main characters for at least a while. Or at least the same way Roshi was to his pupils early DB, I'm not sure how that relation went :p