• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Diamond or Pearl?

Which one do you have?

• Diamond

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Pearl

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • both

Votes: 2 12.5%
  • neither

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Err... There isn't much discussion value to these sorts of threads, so I'm going to ask that anyone who feels like replying to the actual topic at least says why they bought the version they did.

Anyways, I bought both for the same reasons I have since gen 2. It's just easier for me to deal with starting my games over than relying on someone else to hold my Pokemon/items every time I feel like doing so (which is at least twice a year).

I prefer diamond. Partially because the store had more of that in stock. But mainly because I liked celebi because of it's time-travelling skills and when I found out dialga was the temporal pokemon, I thought 'why travel time when you can control time?' That is when I grabbed my diamond game off the shelf

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
I have both. I've only played Diamond so far though, which I chose mainly for the pokemon choice. I prefer the Pearl versions cover, Dialga just looks weird in my opinion - but Pearl doesn't have Murkrow

I got Pearl because I thought the giant sudo-Godzilla looked better. That and I assumed the majority would be getting Diamond anyway and I wanted to be a touch different. :p

I went with Diamond because I thought it had better version exclusives (didn't find out until much later that I favored Bastiodon more) and because I just liked the name Diamond better. Since I had only one DS, getting both wouldn't have helped me. I ended up getting the other Pokemon and items I needed thanks to wifi trading--something I never thought I'd be getting. I still thought about buying both versions but with Platinum coming next year, I won't be getting Pearl after all.

I got Diamond because my little sister has Pearl and she was able to trade me some version exclusives so I could finish my 'dex.
That and I like the version exclusives :D

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I chose Pearl because I always find the second of the two versions has the best Pokemon on it, and indeed, Pearl players get Salamence and Diamond players don't. Plus, I preferred Palkia over Dialga.

P

PokeRad

I agree with KingOfLucario
I have pokemon pearl and i like it better than diamond (my friend has it) because palkia is 1000 times better than dialga.
also salamence can b obtained in it.

Well I got pearl, mostly because My brother and I usually get the oppisite games so we can complete the pokedex faster, but Pearl overall is good. I like Pakila better anyway. ;D

Here is a list of pokemon you only can get on pearl:

Slowpoke
Slowbro
Pinsir
Slowking
Misdreavus
Houndour
Houndoom
Stantler
Spheal
Sealeo
Walrein
Bagon
Shelgon
Salamence
Sheildon
Bastiodon
Mismagius
Glameow
Purugly
Palkia

i got Pearl because my cousin had diamond and we always get one of them while the other gets the other one so we could trade back and forth

i chose diamond cuz i got it the night before the release date and there were only diamond copies in so... but i want to get platinum so bad so i can get the new giratina form. it looks so cool its like a snake thing. i always get the updated version of every generation. red/blue=yellow, gold/silver=crystal, ruby/sapphire=emerald, diamond/pearl=platinum.

I got Pearl.. well because my brother got Diamond.
Honestly I could of cared less which one I got, but my brother wanted Diamond so i figured why have two copies of the same game ? So I picked up Pearl . :p

I don't know if it's just me or my community, but I always have noticed that Diamond is more recognized. For example, and these are from the Internet: "We have Diamond cheats; Come buy the Diamond version today; Get your Pokemon Diamond T-shirt" I don't know why, but Diamond I guess has a better ring then Pearl. (I guess ask a girl: I'm pretty sure she wants a diamond more than a pearl) So being the noncomformist that I am, I bought the Pearl version, to show people that these tiny, shiny balls have a mascot, and that mascot's name is Palkia, and it controls SPACE!

I, personaly, prefer Diamond for several reason's. One: I always go with the title that comes first..I didn't make the clear, so let me explain. For Red and Blue, I got Red, for Gold and Silver, I got Gold. For Ruby and, well, you get the point. Second, thier's just something about Dialga that appeals to me, plus he can control time, now that's just awesome!

Actually I have both, and am seriously considering getting Platinum as well when it comes out. Mainly because I like 'getting them all'. I now have one game (once I beat the Elite Four in Pearl), for leveling up Pokemon (the x1.5 bonus is veeeery handy when leveling up those pesky dragons and pseudo-legendaries), and my Diamond is my 'main game'. Once I get my Platinum, it'll become my 'main game', and I'll have two games for transferring, leveling and storing. Ahh...life is good.​

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator
... Nope. That is not an acceptable answer. You need to say WHY you got Pearl over Diamond. One-word posts are not posts. They're SPAM. Thou hast been warnedeth.

diamond, mainly because my friend had pearl and i see him most of the time haha, i suppose that i would have gone for diamond anyway, dont know particularly why though

I have them both, but I got them at different times. I got Diamond first, because I saw the Blueish tent the background of the cover had (and I also noticed the Redish tent of Pearl), and since Blue version was my first Pokemon game, I chose Diamond. A couple months after that, I got Pearl (to get any Pokemon I couldn't get in Diamond, and to replay through the game).

Didnt like Palkia's design at all at first. Still dont like it much but I can bear it. In any case I choose diamond cuz I liked the case better I suppose :p

Edit: Oh and you can only get Kecleon in diamond ^_^

Im a little ashamed to say, But not shameful enough to lie..

When both were released i thought the design for the cover of pearl was a bit to "infeminate".
Also because of the fact that diamond was 0.50p cheaper to get delivered for some reason. Bargain XD

I have both, I play diamond because it has more of my favorite pokemon in it. And also I use it for my Wi-Fi battles and others.

My pearl is for my brother to play whenever he wants to battle.

Well, I got Pearl first because if there is anything you can learn from past versions, it's that no one will have the second version, so I could get easy trades from all my friends. Then I got Diamond 'cause my friends broke like two DS's and was gonna sell it to Play & Trade (no cover) so he sold it to me instead. (For the low price of five bucks... he actually found it in the trash I think.)​

T

Turtwigz001

I have Diamond. I really only got it because I like Cranidos and I heard you could only get the fossil in Diamond. And I like Murkrow, too.

I'd say Diamond because Palkia looks weird, Dialga has a way better design.And he has better moves I think, and he's a better mixed type. xD Also Cranidos Pwns and so does Croagunk!