• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Danganronpa: Cold Steel (Discussion)

How should the daytime/nighttime system be edited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Okay...

Last Question, is the RP going off real life-time or is it something completely different?
I'm not quite sure, honestly. The Stronghold operates off its own time zone due to its location, which is fine in that it's easy to adapt to standard time. However, the pacing at which character interactions take place is pretty variable (for example, all of the events that have currently happened in the roleplay have only taken place over the course of a couple of hours, despite having taken a couple of days in real time).

After the prologue ends, my plan is for normal sections of the roleplay (exploration and character communication) to take place in real time—daytime being from 7:00AM EST to 10:00PM EST with any posts made at nighttime being done through PM—any posts made by the players merely being the highlights of the day, essentially. However, once the investigation starts, that system will be foregone in exchange for the assumption that all events are taking place over the course of a couple of hours; same goes for the trial and execution.

It's perfectly fine, don't worry! We all have lives outside of Charms (and as such, this roleplay shouldn't be your top priority). Get what you need to get done first, that's far more important.

As a side note, the blog should be fixed up a bit now. The formatting is still tumblr default, but I fixed the errors within the rules and made adjustments to the student profiles to better reflect those from the game (although a lot of characters currently have mixed opinions about placeholders… I'm funny I swear). Don't pay attention to how certain students are listed as [Profile: Name] in the heading whereas others are just Name, that's solely so I know which profiles I've edited likes and dislikes onto so I don't accidentally leave one with just placeholders.

Question unrelated to the roleplay (mostly): I'm looking at playing my first Danganropa game. Found V3 Killing Harmony for ps4 at my local gamestop. Is this one a good one to start with, or should I look for a specific one earlier in the fanchise?

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Oh shit I missed a lot
And its the weekday ugh
I think I'm only going to be able to post on weekends
Hopefully at least once a day, but most likely weekends I'm available

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
The roleplay hella moved rip
Since I’m getting desperate, if necessaryanyone can roleplay Jane and Nathan if I’m missing from the roleplay for too long

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
Since I missed hella
Can anyone summarize breifly for me what happened
Archer guy got punished, Monokuma broke, got handbooks, but I stopped there

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
That’s bascially what happened. But Ralph (Archer) is talking to your medic. You may want to look to my post specifically for that, as I’ve tried to talk to her a few times XD

Last edited:

Crimson Sun

Previously Crims0n
I saw on the Tumblr posts that my characters don't have like and dislikes yet
Lemme make some rn

Jane:
Likes - Jogging, Martial Arts, Sweets
Dislikes - Demands, Cockiness, Physical Contact

Nathan:
Likes - Exploring, Adventure, Cuddling
Dislikes - Sitting still, Loneliness

I was just about to ask you guys about that. I was going to give it one more day and then post the progression post that adds the map to the Monopads/opens the doors to the rest of the first floor. After that, the first floor can be freely explored (I'll further explain how exploration will work from there).

Shen: King of Digimon

Previously Shen: King of the Mist
I was just about to ask you guys about that. I was going to give it one more day and then post the progression post that adds the map to the Monopads/opens the doors to the rest of the first floor. After that, the first floor can be freely explored (I'll further explain how exploration will work from there).

I would say open it up ASAP, as people are starting to slow their interest

....if I overstepped my bounds on that one, let me know River. I was enjoying the tech overload way too much to pause...

Btw, Poison Tap is a real program; be mindful of your devices in public areas, guys and gals.

Woah, I missed a lot. Sorry, guys.
....if I overstepped my bounds on that one, let me know River. I was enjoying the tech overload way too much to pause...
It's perfectly fine. I'd like to apologise here for the Monokuma ex-machina. I didn't really know how else to work in the progression post.

Anyway, the map is up (sorry for the low image quality, the better copy of the map is in my other sketchbook, which isn't with me at the moment, so I replicated it on a piece of graph paper which… didn't photograph well). Everyone can now freely explore the Stronghold's first floor. The exploration system is explained below (parts of this were pre-written, so if there's a bit of a clash in writing styles that's probably why):
The roleplay has finally started! (Well, technically it started a while ago, but we've finally gotten through the weird prologue period).

Of course, the entire game isn't going to just be murder followed by murder with a side of murder. There's always going to be down time in between. Daily life, normal days, or simply the "No one has died yet" period; whatever you want to call it, this is your chance to interact with other characters, and explore. After all, you never know what knowledge might help you in the future...
Or maybe you just want to have your character get out of their personal space bubble and actually have a human conversation instead of just festering in the corner, you're trying to figure out who the mastermind is to get everyone out, or you just want to know if the painting on the wall is a reference to some obscure anime. Whatever floats your boat.

During any time between murders, this functions as any other roleplay would. As such, follow the general rules as you would in any other circumstance (I also recommend you follow the rules listed in your student handbooks as well, but I guess that's technically optional. It might get your character blown up, skewered, or torn to shreds, though. If you're willing to take that risk, be my guest).

Normally, I'd write out a little sample narrative for these type of posts, but this really doesn't need one. Just talk to other characters and you're chill.

I will, however, write out a sample for how exploration will work during normal days.

This, instead of working similarly to a point-and-click system, will be an open exploration. Just describe your character going into a room, and I—as the GM—will describe what they are currently seeing.
Person 1:
Honoka eagerly strode out of the common room, more than ready to be out of the closed, metallic box. Taking a quick glance at the map Monokuma had recently provided, she headed south, stepping into a room labelled "Dining area".

"Seems straightforward enough," she grumbled, still pissed that the bear had somehow managed to ruin everyone's chance at escape. "This had better not be some kind of death trap in disguise."

GM:
The room is barely larger than the place where everyone had initially awoken, albeit much more vibrant. Five tables lay spaced evenly throughout the room, each surrounded by four beige-cushioned chairs (a bit overkill, considering there are only thirteen students, but it's the thought that counts). Unlike the starting room, here the steel walls are covered in some kind of wood panelling, painted a rather refreshing green. The room could almost pass off as a normal café, had the notion of a killing game not been looming over everyone's heads.

Of course, not everything about the dining area exuded charm. The checkerboard flooring was off-putting, to say the least. The panels that covered the ground appeared disturbingly similar to the ones that had opened up to reveal a thicket of cables and an arsenal of blades.

Near the far side of the room is a door—presumably leading to the kitchen if the map is anything to go by. However, there was no indication of any type of entrance or exit that might lead outside.

If you want an example of how this has already been used in the roleplay, the description of the remote's interior after Hoshi picked it up is a pretty good one (albeit that was discussed via PM first, but that's basically how this system will work, minus the PMing).

Of course, if a room has already been described to another person, you can go in, talk to other characters, and note any observations as normal (or you can choose to investigate further, which would warrant another GM description. Maybe those chairs look suspicious to your character, in which case you can make a post investigating them and/or add some comment about investigating them into a post wherein your character is having a conversation with another). By this rule, the common room is fair game and the dining area has technically been described, so anyone can come and go in there as they please.

The way I described this whole system probably makes it sound much more complicated than it actually is. Honestly, this is just in place to prevent potential continuity issues as well as add a sense of actual exploration (as opposed to me just infodumping a bit about each room into one post and telling everyone that the only thing they can do is interact with each other). As long as no one just writes any one liners that are just "[character] walked into [room].", this should work fine.

EDIT: Alright. I lied. The map isn't up, apparently. I'm not sure if it was a tumblr problem or a me problem, but either way I'll fix it in the morning. For now, here's the map in all of its trainwreck glory for anyone who wishes to make an exploration post:
558595300.300446public.png

Everything is kind of all over the place here, double lines represent doorways, anything shaded is (incorrectly scaled) furniture. If you can't read my handwriting, feel free to ask what it says.

Last edited:
Yeah, I just noticed that too. I attached it to my previous post in an edit. I'll add it to the site tomorrow (and hopefully fix it up so it looks less awful).

Paeon Kanetsu

Previously Markus Daymo
Alright, the last question before I head off to sleep, are we starting in the question mark room? Or where?

Also, I just remembered something to point out, was rule 5 correct? It says you need to murder two of your classmates... but there's only 13 of us. That would make things extremely quick.

The starting room is the common room. You can explore any room you deem fit from there.

As for rule number five, yes, it is correct. You must murder two of your classmates and get away with both murders. Seeing as, (with the number of students being thirteen). Remember, however, that you'd need to be rolled up as a murderer twice and manage to deflect the blame onto someone else during a trial both times. Therefore, the chances of that happening are actually pretty low (but still within the realm of possibility). I wouldn't worry; unless you guys somehow manage to reach endgame really quickly, this roleplay should last long enough to stay interesting.

Yeah, makes sense.
Sorry, more questions 'cause I'm a sucker for detail.
1. Are there clocks in each room? Are we currently on 'Real Time', i.e. what time is it in RP?
2. When we are in Real Time, since we all seem to average about 1-2 posts per day, is each day a new day and that our characters made it successfully to bed without breaking curfew?
3. Do the doors have any standard form of locks on them? namely the private quarters, but it's also be nice to know if we can lock pursuers out should one enter any other rooms
4. Where is the luggage I assume everyone brought with them? waiting in our designated rooms?
5. Any tech dampening I should know about? I assume GPS locations are blocked, but is there basic internet of any kind?