• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

Private/Closed Danganronpa: Cold Steel (Discussion)

How should the daytime/nighttime system be edited?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Alright, a full list of updates, as promised:
  • Finally added a theme to the Cold Steel blog. It only shows up on desktop view, however, so it'll look pretty much the same for any mobile users among us (sorry about that). Needless to say, I'm… not a very adept programmer whatsoever, so if I completely broke the blog, please let me know (side note: the link in the title is not broken. That's a placeholder for until I figure out how to change text colours without completely wrecking the theme's entire setup). Note: on desktop, the student handbook can be accessed by going into the dropdown navigation box and clicking the link labelled as such.
  • Updated the in-character Monopad rules
  • Updated the OOC rules and mechanics on the first page of this thread
  • Updated the characters' profiles accordingly to the events that have transpired (Honoka and Ralph will still live on in our hearts, but now their bios no longer list them as being alive and kicking).
  • Added the first version of the floor 2 map. The polished version of such and floor one is finished, but Tumblr doesn't like the file format for some reason, so I might have to re-make both using a different program. That'll be up soon, however.
  • Finally posted a progression post. That only took… way too long. I'm sorry, guys.
As for the rest of the roleplay, the schedule based on what has transpired so far is looking to be something similar to this:
  • Normal time will last for one to one and a half weeks of for exploration and character interactions. Motives will be introduced around the midway point, and will likely be less all-encompassing than the first motive.
  • Investigation will last for approximately three days (some of which will take place over a weekend), after which the trial will begin. It is highly recommended that your character takes notes over this period (or for you to formulate what your character may say regarding the situation over this period), to avoid in-trial snags.
  • The trial will last for no more than a week, after which a verdict will be drawn, an execution will be written up, and normal time will resume.
Of course, this is assuming that everything goes according to the outline I have set up. Curveballs could be thrown in by… anyone, really, at any point in time, hence cutting this schedule short.

Anyway, if anything is broken, missing, etc. let me know. (I'll likely fix it tomorrow, however, as it's pretty late where I am and I've got a bit of IRL work to finish up).

EDIT: Three guesses as to what's missing. Yeah, it's the map. I'll upload it tomorrow, hopefully I'll have time to re-do the better looking version as well. In the meantime, I can still describe rooms for anyone ambitious who wants to explore, there just won't be a visual.

Last edited:
I know nothing about Danganronpa, but damn. You've got a blog, map and everything. Plus you reached the end. Congrats! #Quality #ChapterTwo #NiceRead
I appreciate the complement, but I've been… really awful at running this lately.

————
Anyway, contrary to popular belief (probably, at least, considering how I've just been popping on, dropping an update, and leaving), I don't want this roleplay to die. After all, I've still got... the rest of the story to tell, although interest may have waned away from that and more towards "What the hell is River doing?" in regards to this roleplay.

It was supposed to be over a week ago… but… the floor 2 map is up. It's more legible, but at the cost of looking like... yeah.

That being said, if anyone knows of any pixel-art software, please do share, because the application I was using to try and emulate the maps in DR1 refused to cooperate.
How can/do we start up the next chapter of the rp?
  • Explore the new floor (once again, the starting point for anyone heading to that floor at the elevator. The scale on this map is a bit different, however, so the elevator didn't spontaneously get smaller. I swear).
  • Re-visit any old rooms to scan for missed information
  • Just have one of your characters go up and knock on someone's door for a start to character interaction. Everyone probably has something to say after… well… all of the recent happenings.
  • Have your character over a table and scream. This one isn't recommended, but I can't really stop you. Point is, pretty much anything, regardless of how mundane, could bring about some sort of character interaction.
If you all need anything else, feel free to ask. Again, thank you for your patience with… literally everything.

I intentionally pushed past the slow walk through most of the second floor since I'm not sure how active I'll be able to be over the next couple days (family in town).

If I did anything I shouldn't have (if for some reason I let Hoshi through a door that should have been locked for instance), let me know I'll change it.

wahh okay! i’ve been inactive for well over a month so i truly have no room to talk but i dont want this to die either! i gotta get some character development with my little gang leader! and know who killed honoka!

my apologies for the absence, by the way, but im trying to get everyone (definitely including myself) back into the flow!

To be honest, Monokuma’s nonchalant drop that not a single person voted for the killer says a surprising amount actually.
From an OOC standpoint, the fact that none of you were able to figure it out (same going for your characters) was moreso a fault on my part, as I made the means of solving the case too linear. Assuming we make it to trial two, I'm going to try my best to not have the entire case completely hinge on the discovery of one or two important clues and make sure there's more than one or two distinct ways of getting from point A to point B.