• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

D & P to Johto?!

Maybe it's just me but... the ppl of Sinnoh seem to bring up the Johto region a bit. For example Jasmin, a leader from Johto, appears in Sunyshore, and in the hotel near Lake Valor, after you go through the front gate thingamajig, the house to the right. there's a man inside who asks if you've ever been to Johto to see the tin tower. i may be a bit late but I've been thinking. Anyone who could answer this, plz.

A Johto remake anyone? I vote for Pokemon Polished Silver and Pokemon Polished Gold, I can dream can't I?

FR/LG were anniversary remakes. Presumably the anniversary of Johto may lead to remakes to coincide with this gen. However as practically every pokémon from the Johto region is available already in this gen, there isnt much of a point to make them apart from the revenue side.
Personally Id love to see a G/S remake as they were brilliant games, however there has been no official word on wether they will be made or not.

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Revenue is enough for me to see them releasing a remake ^^

I think a GS remake is actually quite likely at the moment. The continuous hints at Johto in D/P seems a bit too excessive to ignore, and Johto could use a serious overhaul more than any other previous region. If they DID remake it, I'd hope to dog that Kanto was gone and something else was added in its place.

Is suggesting that a GS remake could be on Wii wishful thinking? I'm really not banking on anything here, but it would be a nice change...

You do have a point, Linkachu. I've noticed a HUGE amount of G/S hinting in Diamond. I liked the G/S/C series since you could actually go to Kanto as well as Johto.

It may seem like it but why would they do it ???

de5fa15d518a5ecf66fc7091a0aa7dc7.png

Diamond & Pearl feel very Gold & Silverish, if you know what I mean. The clock returned, you can catch Pokémon out of trees again, there's a large area to explore post-story and many of the new Pokémon (of which there are few) are related to older Pokémon. Generation 2 was my favourite, and Generation 4 brings back a lot of the feeling of that generation. A remake, while not necessary, would feel natural and would fit in nicely with the new generation.

I would however, contrary to Linkachu, want Kanto to be included, but this time with the Sevii Isands. Just as the northeastern island of Sinnoh provides new exploration even after the game has ended, Kanto gave players something to do after defeating the Easy...I mean ELITE...Four. Watered down or not, it was as much a part of the game as Johto and should not be removed or replaced.

Diamond & Pearl feel very Gold & Silverish, if you know what I mean. The clock returned, you can catch Pokémon out of trees again, there's a large area to explore post-story

It just confuses me as to why those features did not become a constant thing after G/S/C and have to be returned, But hey, I think that one will always confuse me...

If of course this game did happen I shall wish for it to have a plotline about Ho-oh and the beasts pre-E4 and Lugia and the birds (leading to Kanto/Sevii) post-E4. Maybe the birds would have to be rescued from a rocket plot or something. That at least seems a logical way to extend the game out of Johto (and it would satisfy me too, as there's much more that could be done plotwise with the old legendaries, well Kanto ones at least).

This is exactly what I was trying to point out in my topic, and I'm glad to see it have it's own topic. That guy also mentions the Brass Tower, Mt. Moon, and The Weather Station. But whatever. The hints are overly pointed out, and I'm hoping we're right. To be honest, I think maybe you can go from Johto to Sinnoh, just maybe. Even more hopefully, you could go to Kanto as well, and a ferry at the Sevii Islands (which may be close to Hoenn, because it says they're far south of Kanto, and so is Hoenn, plus you can get to 2 of the Sevii Islands from Hoenn. And maybe the Mew island is there too, but I doubt it) to Hoenn. An all regional game may be the thing suggested here.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
Watered down or not, it was as much a part of the game as Johto

And that's why I hated Johto :p

Johto deserves to be revamped, expanded, and treated like a proper region. The only reason Kanto could be, or was, added on in the first place was because Johto itself was insufficient (that's how it made me feel anyways). Maybe they could add some new surfing locations, or more waterfalls, and a brand new area - either Sevii Island-ish, Battle Frontier-ish, or both. Or they could just make up a brand new region.

The only - ONLY - way I'd be happy with seeing Kanto return is if it wasn't treated like crap (don't even ask me what I think about the changes made to "future" Kanto). Even still, it all seems rather pointless and takes away from Johto as a region, not give anything back to it. Johto shouldn't need Kanto tacked on to make an enjoyable quest. I understand the sentiment of people wanting something more to explore, but give us something new. Don't give us the shadow of another great region that's already been remade (twice)... unless it's on Wii >>

Yeah, I'm perfectly happy with being able to go to Kanto on FR/LG. Johto was a good region with darn good maps, it needs to be remade because Sinnoh was a huge disappointment. I'd buy Polished G/S.

I really got my start with G/S/C and I would love to see Johto remade. So many things were introduced in that generation that we couldn't imagine Pokemon life without: Breeding, dark and steel types, shinies, hold items, time passage, registering items with select, specialized Pokeballs, berries and the list goes on. Johto was also the first region to have Pokemyths.

I really would like to see Johto done right. It needs its own Safari Zone definitely. And a few towns expanded. Goldenrod City would look awesome. Maybe even introduce new Pokemon. Kanto got its just due and now Johto needs it too.

yea..they said alot of things about johto like a apparance of a old gym leader...many people siad they wanted to catch pokemon there and many others..maybe it can be a new downloadble region or something..

Gold and Silver were the bee's knees, I still have very fond memories of going through the slowpoke cave and getting my chickorita to evolve and beating the 3rd badge (my favorite) and getting scyther with the catching contest was awesome and I just can't let this region go... :'( :'(

And that's why I hated Johto :p

Johto deserves to be revamped, expanded, and treated like a proper region. The only reason Kanto could be, or was, added on in the first place was because Johto itself was insufficient (that's how it made me feel anyways). Maybe they could add some new surfing locations, or more waterfalls, and a brand new area - either Sevii Island-ish, Battle Frontier-ish, or both. Or they could just make up a brand new region.

The only - ONLY - way I'd be happy with seeing Kanto return is if it wasn't treated like crap (don't even ask me what I think about the changes made to "future" Kanto). Even still, it all seems rather pointless and takes away from Johto as a region, not give anything back to it. Johto shouldn't need Kanto tacked on to make an enjoyable quest. I understand the sentiment of people wanting something more to explore, but give us something new. Don't give us the shadow of another great region that's already been remade (twice)... unless it's on Wii >>

To tell you the truth,i'm at odds on this.While Johto may have been not much specia,i found myself in love with future kanto.It was just cool to see how the place developed ever since the 1st generation.

I think the Johto games were a bit longer than the others, as you can obtain 16 badges instead of 8. I also enjoyed Johto since
a.) Team Rocket returns, more villainous (?) than ever
b.) You get to revisit Kanto, although most if not all its dungeons are gone
c.) You get to battle your 1st gen counterpart (it's hilarious how he never talks, like in the original games)
d.) Gen 2 Pokemon were my favorite Generation
e.) Most importantly, Johto had some of the best features and really opened up the series to new possibilities (breeding, baby pokemon, shiny pokemon, day and night, different ways to catch pokemon)

Compared to the other Gens, they all fail to really improve the series as much as Johto did.

If there is a Johto remake though, I'd love to play it, for nostalgia's sake, and to see my favorite characters with better detail...

While i say that g/s/c was a lasting part of the series,i don't agree that it was the best.Mostly because while it had many new features,some were not tuned to be very useful.

The day/night had a possible error that could make the game impossible to save (requiring you to get another or somehow replace the battery i believe),it was because of this i believe that full day/night wasn't returned until D/P

Dark,while seeming glamerous with all the psychic pokemon,was purely based on special attack.Since most Psychics had special defense anyway,this was wasted (also with the rare amount of sweeper Dark Pokemon)

Steel...eh...i didnt use it so i can't make a note of it.

What i'm trying to say is,most of this stuff wasn't fixed till later.G/S/C to me isn't really a great game,but the frame for one.I personally enjoy D/P the most due to the fact that a lot of things developed over past games were perfected (most importantly the attack type split in element types)

While i say that g/s/c was a lasting part of the series,i don't agree that it was the best.Mostly because while it had many new features,some were not tuned to be very useful.

The day/night had a possible error that could make the game impossible to save (requiring you to get another or somehow replace the battery i believe),it was because of this i believe that full day/night wasn't returned until D/P

Dark,while seeming glamerous with all the psychic pokemon,was purely based on special attack.Since most Psychics had special defense anyway,this was wasted (also with the rare amount of sweeper Dark Pokemon)

What i'm trying to say is,most of this stuff wasn't fixed till later.G/S/C to me isn't really a great game,but the frame for one.I personally enjoy D/P the most due to the fact that a lot of things developed over past games were perfected (most importantly the attack type split in element types)

you have a point. I admit that at times, Gold and Silver seemed like a hodge podge of new concepts. I suppose in a sense, developers must have thrown everything they could think of int that game, hopes its succesful, and work on it after which. Kinda makes the series a "trial and error" basis when you think about it...

Sure G/S/C had some problems but so did the originals. The hugest problem of godmodding psychic pokemon was solved in the second generation. Things had to start somewhere in order to be perfected later. The 3rd and 4th generations are the results of the concepts of G/S/C being fixed and made better.

Sure G/S/C had some problems but so did the originals. The hugest problem of godmodding psychic pokemon was solved in the second generation. Things had to start somewhere in order to be perfected later. The 3rd and 4th generations are the results of the concepts of G/S/C being fixed and made better.

It wasn't solved,but rather the tools needed were put in place.Dark was there,steel was there,but they just didnt have what it took,and dark was inherently weak due to most psychics having good special defense,and the lack of Dark pokemon who were sweepers.

the rest of exactly what i said,G/S/C was the frame for the future of the game.The Original had some problems yes,but that was the original anyway.G/S/C built up on the original,just they didnt tie everything together too well.This isn't to say the game wasn't good,i loved it.Just its not the best to me.

They may take us to Johto in the D/P emerald. (Don't know what to call it >:()

Onyx maybe? With Giratina on the cover.

[quote author=Goemon2057 link=topic=1734.msg20897#msg20897 date=1181095069]
It wasn't solved,but rather the tools needed were put in place.Dark was there,steel was there,but they just didnt have what it took,and dark was inherently weak due to most psychics having good special defense,and the lack of Dark pokemon who were sweepers.
[/quote]

Even so. Most psychic types couldn't do anything to dark or steel types anyways high special defense or not.

They HAVE to remake Jhoto.

either:

1. like others have said, DP takes us back to jhoto

OR
2. a game comes out for GBA in jhoto.

either way, they will.
There really isn't any way of telling if they will or not.With firered and leafgreen it made sense because those were the original game.Its very possible they may just make a Emerald/crystal/yellow equivilant rather than remakes.And they have never put old areas back into new games (unless they were already there).I don't believe theres any way of knowing until its happened.

In jhoto since I was pretty small I never made it back to kanto so I never experienced that feature so I am pretty bummed out since I lost mine and it was like my favorite game ever... :'(

I found the biggest Johto hint ever. If you answer the guy in Jubilife TV correctly, he gives you a PC wallpaper. Well, the one I got had Johto images (grass, a house, a few other things) and was called "Nostalgic". Yes, that means a Johto image is there!

I was searching my computer while typing this, and found an image for it I saved after getting it from my friend, since she said she had seen my PC background before, and sent my it. So here it is!
4pcj2ua.png

I really hope that there will be a remake or that the third game to DP will let you go to Johto, because, like many others here, I have many fond memories of Johto, especially because Johto was the generation that got me into Pokemon.

Yeah, it's the anime that revolves around the game. The only Pokemon game affected by the anime is Pokemon Yellow, which came after Red and Blue, which came before the anime. In Pokemon Yellow, you start with a Pikachu that follows you around on-screen, and Jessie and James are frequent antagonists. Other than that, the game preceeds the anime.

Maybe you're thinking Digimon?

G/C/S were my favorite games just because there was so much to do. Two regions, lots of pokemon, geez...

Especially since it was really easy to rise up your pokemon.

no I mean regine wise

You mean region?no,still game to anime.I'm pretty sure you can find the names of the regions in the games.

[quote author=Eevee Lover link=topic=1734.msg23203#msg23203 date=1181852610]
I found the biggest Johto hint ever. If you answer the guy in Jubilife TV correctly, he gives you a PC wallpaper. Well, the one I got had Johto images (grass, a house, a few other things) and was called "Nostalgic". Yes, that means a Johto image is there!

I was searching my computer while typing this, and found an image for it I saved after getting it from my friend, since she said she had seen my PC background before, and sent my it. So here it is!
4pcj2ua.png

I really hope that there will be a remake or that the third game to DP will let you go to Johto, because, like many others here, I have many fond memories of Johto, especially because Johto was the generation that got me into Pokemon.
[/quote]

I'm not sure if thats specific proof...it looks a lot like kanto as well,and that would be Nostalgic as well

Johto was always a fun region for me. I have no idea why. Each pokemon was great, and I just had so much fun playing it. If nintendo does re-do Gold and silver, I hope they do it for the Game Boy advanced so they don't change too much.

Also, I liked Trainer_Diamond's idea for the names, but I doubt they'll both be polished. Maybe like; Polished Gold and Shiny Silver?

I'd expect some kind of Johto revamp. I think it'd be for GBA and be considered an advance gen game with Pal Park capabilities. I think all the characters would be slighly altered because in GSC....they were almost chibi-esque and I think the male hero's frontal pony tail was quite annoying.

I mean, they cant just leave us with DP for the next four years.

I'd expect Johto revamp in Dec. of next year with the 3rd installment of Sinnoh in the spring of 2009.

I guess I'm the only one who would be slightly upset if the G/S/C remake were on the GBA. I would love it on the DS. After playing Diamond I don't want any new Pokemon games to be on the GBA ever again. Things don't necessarly have to change too much. FireRed and LeafGreen, while getting updated graphics (among other things) and compatabiliy with the wireless adapter, stayed fairly true to the originals. I want the same treatment for the G/S/C remake; to be updated with the latest technology like FR/LG were.