• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

D & P to Johto?!

I would also not want to play them as much if they were on GBA, whenever I turn on my advance gen games I cringe at the character sprites so much, it would be disappointing to see a remake of GS on GBA.
On the DS however, Im sure the Pokégear would nicely work on the touch screen like the Pokétch has done in DP, although i really hope they don't make it too much like the Pokétch as I really hate it for its pixeledness...

I really wish we didn't hear about the orange islands appearing in games all the time, as a set of islands they exist entirely in the Anime, not in the games..
The only good things that came from the orange islands:
- Ash captures a Snorlax...
- Double Battle at the final gym (even though it was pretty gash)
- Ash's mum using his Orange Crew trophy as a dumbell when he returns :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator
What's this about a remake on GBA? Why would that ever happen? GBA is basically dead =/

I highly doubt they'd do that, especially considering that even the new MD games are both planned for DS only and not one on each platform as before. DS is the future of Pokemon. Going back to GBA would just be bad business...

That, and the GBA is worse than DS, system-wise. The games would have a lot of unnecessary limits...besides, why would they reincarnate the third generation when we've had the fourth generation for over a year? If they make a Johto remake, it will either be on the DS, or the next system.

That being said, I think a Johto remake is pretty likely, considering it's probably easier to design a remake than a brand new game (they already have all the designs, characters, and storylines to make a successful game), and Nintendo does love to make money. However, I'm just a little hesitant to write it off as being COMPLETELY MOST DEFINITELY in the fourth generation. I wouldn't put it past Nintendo to bring out the fifth generation early or other fourth generation games (major RPG spinoffs, or something), and wait on the Johto remakes.

Then again, it would buy them time for design on the fifth generation. So whatever. I guess a generation four Johto remake (on the DS, people, if it's released before the fifth generation) would fail to surprise me, though it would make me veryveryvery happy. Johto = my favorite. :)

FR/LG were 10th aniversary editions of the games, the 10th anniversary of G/S is 21st November 2009...
Its entirely possible that we will see them arrive around 2009, however we do not know as at the moment we have no news on any new games as such due to DP not even being a whole year old...

2009? Somehow I can see a new handheld console appearing by then...in which case GS would be the first game there. I predict it'll appear some time around next year, while the DS is still kicking...

Sem

The Last of the Snowmen
Former Administrator
This is not the place to ask such things, you get a warning. ^^

But to answer your question.

To connect the DS to the web you'll need a wireless internet connection that your DS can connect to. If you you don't have one then buying a Nintendo USB WiFi connector would be a good idea, they're available at most game stores.

And for your friend code you'll need to get an item in-game called a Pal Pad, and on the Pal Pad will be your code. To get the Pal Pad I believe you go to the lower level of the Pokemon Center in Oreburgh, and talk to the first lady you see right there by the staircase. She'll ask to connect you to the WiFi network, so you'll need to get connected to one before you can get the Pal Pad.

I have a opinion to get Suicune, Entei or Raikou: Get a Gamecube, Pokemon Colloseum, a GBA/GCN Link Cable, get to the point you can trade, trade the 3 Legendary Dogs.

Gosh I would love that... I don't know about you, but I don't have any Wi-Fi. I do have the GBA games, but I'm pretty sure that a lot of people don't them. They could make it so Wi-Fi-less and the GBA game-less could get some of the legendaries by making a GS remake. I know, I know, they could get Wi-Fi and just buy the GBA games, but how would the kids new to Pokemon know about those things (unless they got on the internet and looked it up)?

What would be really cool would be to go to Hoenn, Kanto and Sinno as well as Johto. Even if they didn't add anything like new pokes, I would switch that to my primary game IN A HEARTBEAT. There was always this image that stirred stuff up, but it's a fake. Still, that would be wicked.
NewsSuggest_JCHSY3LL.jpg

the shud be a super remake that includes all regions (kanto johto sinnoh) n sub regions plus u shud be able to catch all pokemon with no special events

Usaually the old games when you lurn surf you can go surf in that pond in your hometown to get to Johto region , but it dosen't have it.You could be on to something?

Since the release of FR/LG, I've been hoping for a G/S/C remake. And it would be amazing to travel through Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn as well as Sinnoh. It would make the game more of a challenge.

What would be the hook, though? Fire Red and Leaf Green made it possible to get all the Pokemon in the Advanced Generation, but, as I understand it, between the Advanced Gen and the Event Pokemon, you can Catch 'Em All without another remake.

I'm really hoping for a G/S/C Remake. Johto was the only region we haven't/didn't get to explore thoroughly, seeing as 62% os so was based in Kanto again.

The Hook? I'm sure the ever-resourceful Pokemon Company can come up with one, namely something to do with Ho-Oh seeing as Lugia got the priority in the good ol' G/S/C days.

G/S/C was (and still is) the best game in terms of innovation from my PoV, probably because it was the first time we'd seen major changes (Unlike 3rd and 4th where we've already had/seen a new Gen and we know what to expect really), in so many ways; the main ones being colour and day/night.

I still think the Pokegear from G/S/C is superior to all later incarnations (I loved the phone) and I was SO F****** HAPPY to beat the crap out of Red, even though he was based on the manga rather than the anime, I was just so damn happy to OHKO A/the godmoding Pikachu.

If they do make a remake, they should make Johto the FOCUS of the game, rather than letting it fall to the wayside.

Even though I prefer R/S/E in terms of Pokemon and D/P in terms of looks (obviously); the innovations of G/S/C still pwn all. Plus, the magnet train and the pokegear (radio and phone namely) both have a special place in my heart.

And the last thing, the Mom of G/S/C was more of a Mom than an in any of the games. Not only looking after your money, but also buying stuff for you; but in typical Mom style, her having access to your money is a double edged sword.

In short, POKEMON SHINY GOLD AND SILVER FOR THE WIN.

P.S - Lake of Rage? Best.pokemon.area.name.ever.

I'm thinking more of Glistening Gold and Shining Silver. But thats me. :p

Anyhow, the Johto days were the best, but I'm with the majority here. We don't need Kanto. One because it had it's own remake, and two, because it took half the gameplay away from Johto. It was almost torture to drag your way through Kanto after a year or two of already doing that!

I'd love the remakes to happen because, truth be told. R/S/E was a HUGE let down, D/P Has too many ledgendarys, And Kanto got a third spotlight. I think it only fair to bring back the first TRUE sequel to the originals, giving them a second spotlight. The second was D/P, because it brought back the same feeling that you got when you played the originals. I want that feel in another game.

Also, you had an evil rival. He was the only one who resorted to evil and trickery. He was the best out of all of them. Although, his turn for the better. Not cool. I mean it was in a sense, but he wasn't the evil dude I knew and loved anymore.

Johto = best legendary's ever.
also in S/G/C you could go back to kanto, after you beat the gyms/elite 4 in johto. I loved being able to do more on that game.
in the newer games you can't go to other regions.
I think s/g/e was enjoyable because you were more involved with it, there was more to the storyline besides saving the world from team R(and later teams M/A/G). in S/R/E, hypocratical teams went running around the region, forcing you to pick a sides.

I recently saw a picture online of a japanese ad of Gold and Silver on the ds. I've also heard that it was a fake ad, however. But it would be really awesome to see a remake in the future.

I know I already said my opinion on the whole thing, but I just wanna say one thing -

Names, people. They're gonna be Japanese. Things like "glistening", "polished", and maybe even "shiny" are all English words that may not be in a typical Japanese vocabulary. "Gurisenningu" would be a pain to write out, anyway. I'd probably bank on more simple, common imported words for the titles, like day/night or sun/moon (especially since they fit in with the legendaries' and games' emphasis on day and night).

Like I said, Lunar Silver and Solar Gold.

Anyway, thinking back I feel kinda sorry for Team Rocket in Gold and Silver. I just remember how they took over the radio station and seemed to be plaintively calling out to their former leader. It's like they were lost and confused on their own and were begging for Giovanni to come back and lead them again. I don't think he was anywhere in that game, though. He retired when you completed his gym in the original and Blue took it over.

Yep. Even one of the passwords at the Rocket's Base mentioned Giovanni. They used his name as one of the words. It was: "All Hail Giovanni"

They really should make a remake of G/S/C. It'd be awesome. It sholud have the option of going to all of the regions, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh, Sevi Islands and even a brand new area.

Six regions in one game would never happen. It would just be too huge for people to understand. You know that that would take me over a thousand hours to finish, probably?

What I would like, and is something along those lines, would be a new "Trainer transfer" system, like in Golden Sun, where one could transfer their Trainer data, including items, Pokémon, badges, etc. to a new area when you start the game. Instead of being a starting-out Trainer (which you COULD do if you wanted), you would simply jump a ship and sail to a new land where you'd face an entirely new adventure, but with the Pokémon you've trained and grown with. Foe Trainers would be adjusted to a much higher level, of course, so that you wouldn't be bored with their Lv. 6 Bidoof. ;)

Pokémon would need to become more isolated, so that you're not faced with the same Pokémon every region and feeling like you may as well have just stayed home in Kanto. You'd have the ability to play the "same game" across multiple regions, all while filling Nintendo's pockets with each one.

Six regions in one game would never happen. It would just be too huge for people to understand. You know that that would take me over a thousand hours to finish, probably?

I think some people would welcome a game that long. Although, I suppose the leveling system would have to be adjusted to maintain the challenge throughout. I doubt that it would be too big to understand, as long as you could only do one region at a time.

I would, however, think it would be too big to fit on a handheld. Console or PC, maybe.

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
The only way I'd support multiple regions in any Pokemon game ever again is if they put a block on the Pokemon you can take with you to the other region/s. They should set it up like Ash has with his travels to Hoenn and Sinnoh and only allow you to take either one Pokemon or 2/3 low-levelled Pokemon.

You'd then have access to the rest of your Pokemon on a level-by-level basis which goes up badge-by-badge.

It's the only feasible way to work it really - the original G/S was severely broken by the inclusion of Kanto - it threw Johto's pacing and gym levels completely out of whack and didn't do much better for Kanto's either.

Not to mention it would make it more like actually tackling the region as a new region proper, as opposed to the Sevii Islands like mini-sidequest that Kanto essentially was in G/S.

A G/S remake could probably pull off two full regions on the DS in the way that was originally intended for G/S - but it'd have to be restricted as I said or the entire thing would be broken again and Kanto's inclusion made pointless and worthless.

That said, I also support the idea of a game set exclusively in Johto as opposed to a flat out remake of G/S to give the region the attention it never got thanks to being completely overshadowed in its own original game.

I liked the idea of traveling to different regions, and i agree with the flaw of the level progress in g/s/c.. but I think that for the sake of tradition, they should remake g/s, with the additional features of the recent games, like how fr/lg was made. and I'm sure in several years or so they'll remake r/s/e, simply because they can.

Something I think'll never happen, but would be cool, would be if they made a multi cartridge game, that covers every single region, in the order they came out, all in one storyline.. (Like how FinalFantasy did the multidisc thing..) and as Doctor Oak said, the level progress problem could be solved by you taking up to 2-3 pokemon at lv. 5 or lower to each region.. you could also choose a starter pokemon from each region. The idea of this huge bigbang game might not ever occur in anyone else's heads, unless Pokemon would END for once.

I do love g/s/c and would kill to see remakes for the ds.. this gen introduced shinies, berries, holding items, handling the pc pokemon easier, a larger pokedex extremely hard to fill out, the realtime feature (as most of us unlucky ones know, this feature destroyed many a cartridge.. both my golds cant save, and my crystal clock doesnt progress when its off..) and especially breeding.
It was the basic outline of what would come later, and this gen showed the most progress, in relation to the time it came out. The pokemon games resemble writing. its a neverending process of thinking, getting new ideas, getting the basic ideas into being, and tweaking it until its perfect. a remake of g/s/c would be the final draft, as fr/lg was to r/b/y.

An idea occurs that one thing they could do to work out the leveling flaws of a multi-region game is to "Lock out" your high-level Pokemon until you've gained a certain number of badges in the new region. For instance, the first badge would unlock Pokemon up to level 30 in your PC, much like how Pokemon up to level 30 would obey you with that same badge.

Maybe they could include a new legendary?I think Celebi would be on the cover of the game? I think it may came out soon,probaly near fall?

That would make a lot of sense; it would do the same thing Hoen and Kanto did. A new generation would came out with two new games (Ruby+Saphire and Diamond+Pearl), then they come out with two remakes (LeafGreen+FireRed and Gold+Silver), and then come out with another of the new generation's remake (Emerald and (do I see Pokemon Opal or Onyx (nah there's already aPOkemon Onix) with Girintina on the front?)).

I would love to have a Johto Remake. They can add more to it. They don't necessarily need to add Kanto, but they can still let you battle Ash at Mount. Silver. They can also add Maroon Town. (It was in Johto on the anime. It was an episode with DJ Mary.) Maybe, the other gender that you don't pick can be your neighbor/friend or a coordinator (that has the weaker type to you) and the "criminal" can also be your rival as well. They can also make the Dragon Den bigger and allow you capture more Dragon Pokemon, and allow for Wi-fi. Maybe instead of receiving a Sun Stone as a prize for winning first place in the bug catching contest, maybe you can get a Metal Coat to evolve your Scyther into Scizor. (The Sun Stone can maybe be second place if not sold in the Goldenrod City Mart.) They can re-do all the gyms/gym leaders, maybe add fishing contests for rarest water Pokemon on days that the bug catching contests don't take place as the National Park. Maybe they can even add buildings on three of the Whirl Islands, and keep one for the cave for Lugia. Also, maybe you can use Dive to get to Lugia. That would be cooler. You could also battle Scuba Divers under water. I think that would be awesome. :D

If they were to do a remake, they would be able to have contests as well, because of Jasmine being a coordinator in D/P, and the girl from Crystal version turned coordinator in the anime.

All of these ideas makes me want a Johto Remake with all of this included. :D

maybe we will be able to go to johto when they have a d/p special edition if you know what i mean (like yellow,crystal,and emerald). that would be so cool. but dont get your hopes up cuz the special editions keep gettin lamer and lamer.

Yeah. I thought it was kinda cool seeing a Legend of Thunder character make a cameo in the main continuity. And it makes sense that she'd be a coordinator, since she already had the coordinator philosophy before they even had contests.

A G/S remake just makes sense. Seeing as Gen IV and Gen III are compatible, that means Kanto (FR/LG), Hoenn (R/S/E), and Sinnoh (D/P/?) are all able to interact with one and other. The only region left out is Johto.

That said, if G/S were remade, I would like to see Kanto dropped. Its inclusion weakened Johto. I would flesh out Johto, bring the region into its own. Rather then going to Kanto I would include the Orange Islands as Johto "side region" (like the Sevii Islands were for Kanto in FR/LG).
Now before the "Orange Islands are cartoon only!" dog pile starts, let me explain.

Johto deserves to be treated as its own region, not a backwater portion of Kanto. By including Kanto (or any other main region) in a G/S remake Johto becomes marginalized, it isn't even the primary region in its own game.
So any side region would have to be smaller so as not to overshadow Johto. The Sevii Islands have been done, no need to revisit them. Sure they could create a new side region, but why? Why do that when you have one existing in the Pokemon universe ready to go? The Orange Islands have never appeared in the games, it would be a fresh experience. Plus with four gyms of their own, you can continue with the original G/S theme of gaining more badges after Johto's eight are collected. The difference here is that the region for the second set of badges is smaller then Johto is, meaning Johto won't be overshadowed.

Simply, the Orange Islands already exist within the Pokemon universe, why not include them in a game? Also, Johto is a region in need of a side region that wont overshadow it.
A main region in need of a smaller side region?
A small region in need of a game to be included in?
It's a perfect match.

I think they will make a remake because there leaving us traces just until POOF!! they made a remake they will eteir make it in 2008-2009 or 2017 because 10 year anniversary
3fde1d19300bf1e96ea80d9e3129baf6.png

K

Kumi

I think Nintendo are already working on a G/S/C remake.
Maybe the hints in D/P are 'reminding' us of Johto so that we will want to buy the remake when it comes out?