• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

D & P to Johto?!

There are going to be two remakes Gold and Silver because they are just wanting us to guess it maybe in 2017 because 10 anniversary or 2008-2009.
71637271bc372095826ca2ddff4697a5.png

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Cheatman101

Is suggesting that a GS remake could be on Wii wishful thinking? I'm really not banking on anything here, but it would be a nice change...
I have always wanted a remake. I would LOVE it! I loved Crystal version. It should be not just for Wii, but Wii and DS.

I think the Whirl Islands should be expanded to include something like what was in the anime. But Lugia should still be included as well. I can see it now... something like that landmass to the north of Sinnoh.

Crystal was the first game I ever had. No kidding. I loved it, messing around on the GBC. I'd really love a remake. Most people have read somewhere that D/P games are compatible with the "Johto" region. So it's most likely that they'd make a remake of the 2nd Gen games. Hmm, however, I wouldn't want it on the Wii. It would be too much like Colosseum. Yeah, I think it would be on the DS. But not "exactly" like D/P.

Re-united with Typhlosion again. Heh.

Johto was pretty neglected IMO. Its only natural they make a remake. I liked the gym leaders there the best as well.

One of the funny errors with G/S was the duping. I had all Lugia's when I went to the pokemon league.

And Crystal started the Male/Female choice, before it you could only be male - -;

They have had a lot of hints... It'll be interesting to see how they incorperate new pkmn in to the old region-

Will it be like FireRed with no new pkmn until after the Elite Four? It would be hard without incorperating etleast some of the Kanto pkmn of course.... hmmm...

To those who mentioned a Johto remake for the GBA, it's not going to happen. If anything, Nintendo will make it for the DS. (I wrote a letter to Nintendo a long time ago asking if they were going to do a remake for the GBA, and they said that they're not going to be making any more Pokemon games for the GBA.) However, they didn't mention anything about doing a remake for the DS...so there is a possibility. :)

My idea on what Nintendo is planning is...: After Ash competes in the Sinnoh league in the anime, him, Dawn, and Brock will most likely head to the Johto region and Ash will do something like in Battle Frontier. (That'll be when the Johto remake games are out or will be out if there are any.) Ash, Dawn, and Brock might run into May or her rivals in a cameo episode or two. After the trio leaves Sinnoh, Dawn will probably decide to head to the Hoenn region to do contests there. (I think it's basically a pattern.) After Dawn leaves, Ash and Brock will go to the fifth region and meet a new girl. This is just an opinion, though, but I think this will wind up happening.

I totallyyy think a johto revamp should be on the cards if its not already!
For too long has poor old Johto sat in the corner while its brother regions partay down!
I feel that a total reworking of the place would be down right awesome! heck it definitley needs it, and I think it was a great place!
:]

Sorry guys but there will be at least 1 more season of Pokemon in Sinno cause Ash dosen't get all his badges by the time the season ends... :-\

If they ever DO go back it would be great because then they'd probably bump into May!!! :) ;) :D ;D
I like May OK?!

[attachment deleted by admin]

i think that ash & co. ga back to jotho just like in kanto battle frontier... that should be nice(but it has to be different)
JOTHO THE BEST!!!!

Mod edit: Humungous signature edited by baratron.

A remake of just Johto would be cool. I miss Suicune and Lugia. But what me and my bud just thought of is a game where it brings together Kanto-Sinnoh, plus regions from the anime (Ex. Orange Islands) and the regions from Colliseum, Dx, and Ranger. Of course you start of in Kanto, but your able to chose which Trainer you play as. Characters like Wes, Lunick, Red, Lucas, or Brendan. And you can choose any of the 12 starters. (Charmander, Piplup, etc.) And just go from there. It would takes hours playing on the DS and/or Wii, but all regions brought together would really be cool.

A remake of just Johto would be cool. I miss Suicune and Lugia. But what me and my bud just thought of is a game where it brings together Kanto-Sinnoh, plus regions from the anime (Ex. Orange Islands) and the regions from Colliseum, Dx, and Ranger. Of course you start of in Kanto, but your able to chose which Trainer you play as. Characters like Wes, Lunick, Red, Lucas, or Brendan. And you can choose any of the 12 starters. (Charmander, Piplup, etc.) And just go from there. It would takes hours playing on the DS and/or Wii, but all regions brought together would really be cool.

I think it would be cool too. ;D

I really liked the G/S/C gen. They were so much fun. There certainly is a lot of them in D/P. But if they remaid them do you think they would remake them for handheld gaming system or have them for something like the Wii.

Personally I think that if they remake the G/S/C gen (which would be nice) that they would do it for gameboy advanced. Making the game for DS would be a bit too much I think because you would have to add so much, for the touch screen too. Also if their going to make a pokemon game for Wii, they should do the same thing that was done for Pokemon Colloseum and XD. They made totally new games, so I think they should make a totally new game for the Wii.

Also the gameboy color games aren't working so well anymore so remaking the G/S/C gen would make sense so that you can keep playing them.

I think it would be cool too. ;D

Whoa. I didn't think anyone would agree with me. I'm mean, I barely came up with the idea.

Yes...if they mad a remake of G/S/C for the DS, sure they'd have to add stuff for the touch screen. But maybe the touch screen will be the PokeGear, just like the Poketch is in D/P They don't exactly need contests (since Johto never revolved around contests) in Johto, so you'd only have commands and the PokeGear on the touch screen. It's as simple as that.

I would love if they came out with a remake of GSC! Gold is my favorite game that I have! But if they do, they should have it for both the GBA and the DS. The Johto reigon had my favorite Pokemon and it was longer than any of my Pokemon games (except for Mystery Dungeon Red and XD) I have. It would be awsome! But, they should have contests and the gyms should be arranged differently(like they did with Emerald from Ruby and Sapphire).

What I loved about the Johto games was that you didn't have to wait until you beat the game to get the really awesome Pokemon. I agree with Milani about Johto having contests seeing as the Crystal girl was in a DP episode talking about double battles in contests. Maybe that will be in the Johto DS games if there are any. It would be interesting, but it's not completely necessary. :)

Before I forget, I wrote a letter to Nintendo asking about a Johto remake and this is what the guy said in his email:

Thank you for contacting Nintendo,

We appreciate hearing about the types of products that you would like to see
from us in the future. While there hasn't been an announcement concerning a
remake of Pokemon Crystal, Pokemon Gold, or Pokemon Silver, you never know what
the future holds!
As the worldwide leader and innovator in the creation of
interactive entertainment, and because of our history of pushing the limits of
gameplay and design, you can always count on Nintendo offering the most
imaginative products.

Thanks for your email!

Nintendo of America Inc.
Raymond Chan

Nintendo's home page: http://www.nintendo.com/
Power Line (Automated Product Info): (425) 885-7529
---------------

I'm assuming that there may BE a Johto remake according to this. :)

Well, if its being demanded, it might. The more its demanded (or requested I should say, so it doesn't sound violent, heh.) the more chance of it coming out is. I really enjoyed the Johto region. The contest wouldn't be nessecary. Sure there fun, but....I would like to see Crystal and whats-his-face renewed...or get different characters like in FR/LG. (I never played those games....)

I would just like to state that my favourite pokemon games are diamond and pearl and gold and silver.
I really do you they make a re-make of gold and silver, it would be really great!

One new suggestion for the pokegear though, maybe like texting other players! Like if you have a wireless connection it would work well :p

Anyways, since you can practicly catch all of the johto pokemon now without the (hopefully coming out) "new" gold and silver games, they'll need to make a new attraction to want people to buy it.

Maybe a new storyline?(richer and maybe a new team ______?)
Maybe something along the lines of a battle frontier (that's my guess)
Or even something else we haven't even thought about yet.

To conclude, it would be soooooo great to see the johto series on the DS because we haven't gotten the most out of it that we can. Also, I too started off my Pomemon adventures with Gold & Silver, and it's getting me REALLY excited to hear about all of this news

Hmm... Whats one thing that they could add into Gold and Silver that would make people buy those games...

.... Oh yeah. Celebi anyone?!

Also, anyone without colloseum, XD or FR/LG can't get hold of the legendary dogs, Lugia, or Ho-Oh, so yeah, that's pretty much a good enough reason for them to release it again.

If they did a similar deal to the japanese crystal where filling the pok

I'm fairly certain this topic doesn't count as "dead," and if it does, I feel this post is still relevant and justified.

Really, I think [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok

[quote author=Yami_Angel link=topic=1734.msg47509#msg47509 date=1202631235]
I'm fairly certain this topic doesn't count as "dead," and if it does, I feel this post is still relevant and justified.

Really, I think [url=http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Pok

I LOVED JOHTO!

But out of everyone I know, Johto is there least favorite. I thought it was the most difficult and fun of the series. I LOVED HOW YOU WENT BACK TO KANTO. That's something they should have done in Hoenn and Sinnoh.

I thought it would be called Poke'mon Shining Silver and Glimmering Gold.

I DID see the heavily influenced Johto stuff that was in DP. And I admit, I do wish they make a re-make of Silver/Gold/ and especially crystal, since it was one of my most favorite games (yay moving sprites!) and Suicune was one of my favorite legenderies at the time. I do wanna sneek in an additional comment about remakes... I hope they re-make Yellow Vrsn, but I highly doubt they ever will. ;P

I sincerely doubt they will rerelease yellow just purely because FR and LG weren't exactly the biggest sellers, plus at the time Yellow was more appropriate to make as the third game in the series, whilst Pikachu still is the most well known of all Pok

Although I think it would be a great idea to remake Johto, I doubt it will happen. All of the Pokemon previously only obtainable in Johto are now obtainable in either the Sevii Islands, Orre, or Sinnoh. Don't count on Nintendo remaking Gold/Silver. Their next Pokemon game will probably be something like Pokemon Topaz and Pokemon Jade where you explore the new Lordonlyknowswhat Region.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I think the odds of a G/S remake for DS coming around are pretty high. By hacking D/P you can find that there is data for Johto in the game - a hacked Chikorita screenshot on Bulbapedia showed that the Chikorita apparently came from the Johto region, meaning if they did make a remake, then it would be completely compatible with D/P. There was also, as mentioned earlier, a lot of references to Johto in the D/P games, such as Jasmine appearing in Sunyshore, the Park Balls looking almost identical to the GS Ball, and the SecretPotion that Cynthia gives you halfway through the game.

Here's the screenshot showing the Johto data in D/P. Unfortunately it is immensely huge:

ChikoritaJohto.JPG

I certainly hope a G/S remake is in the works, Generation II is my favourite generation of them all.

But if the game was hacked, you can't be sure it's legit. Someone probably edited their Chikorita and took a photograph. I don't think Nintendo would expect someone to hack their game just to find out if there's a Johto remake in the future. I mean, it is rather odd.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
You've completely missed the point. The fact is, there is Johto data in the game. If there wasn't, no amount of hacking would be able to get this screenshot. If there was absolutely no chance of a G/S remake coming out, the data wouldn't be there since it would be completely unnecessary. The fact that it is there shows that the idea of a G/S remake probably did come to some of the developers minds at the time.

KoL

Expert FPS Player
Staff member
I never said it was definite either, but the screenshot proves that they planned ahead just in case they decided that a game based in the Johto region (such as a G/S remake) came around in Generation IV, hence why I think it is very likely that we'll see a G/S remake. Obviously it isn't legitimately from the Johto region since as of right now that is impossible.

And besides if there was no Johto remake that would be totally unfair and disrepectful to the second generation. All of the regions are now able to connect--except Johto. And I hope they wouldn't drop those massive hints in D/P or even Fr/Lg for nothing.

As far as the data being there: When Ruby and Sapphire were released, there was no way to obtain Pokemon from past generations. But the data for those Pokemon was there. Their sprites even existed. Then along came the 1st generation remakes. So I think that the fact that Johto data even exists is the biggest hint of all that there could be a remake in the works.

Now that you bring that up, Carmon, I see what you mean. Pokemon Colosseum was only compatible with Ruby/Sapphire, but when FR/LG was released, it was compatible. We may just be seeing Ho-oh and Lugia on the covers of two new DS games in the future.

I really, really, really hope that is the case, since G/S/C was the very first Pokemon game I actually got, and fell in love with. I didn't even attempt to get Gen 1until I had beaten my Crystal game. Even then, I only played my Gen 1 games just so I could get a full Pokedex in my Crystal game.

Johto is also where most of my favourite Legendaries are from, i.e. Suicune, Ho-Oh, and Lugia.

If they did do a re-make, I hope, (by all that is good and holy), that they allow us poor Auzzies (or anyone not in New York or Japan), the ability to get those previously unobtainable Pokemon, like Mew and Cerebii).​

If they made DP be able to do something about going to Johto, it would make DP pretty freakin awesome. Like, Falkner could have a Staraptor, and you could fight the leaders again, Bugsy could have a Scizor, and if they made Whitney have a Togekiss, I would love it. JOHTO FTW!