• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

D & P to Johto?!

I doubt they'll give them really rare or 4rth gen. pokemon to the gym leaders for the first round of challenges. If its anything like Emerald Version, where you can re-challenge gym leaders when theyre up for it, Maybe then they can have cooler pokemon.

I think that the next gem series games will definitely be a remake of the johto serie, it would all be in colour and there would be some new cites and other stuff. I don't know what it would be called...Polished Gold sounds pretty good....

I'd love to have the emerald feature of rechallenging gyms, it made the game so much fun, I was quite annoyed it was removed as a feature from DP, it's a bit like the moving sprites in crystal not being in Ruby and Sapphire...

Ya, I agree. Moving sprites and re-challenging gyms is the only reason why I got Emerald instead of ruby or Sapphire. That and the fact that I can catch both Kyoger AND Groudon in that game as well.

I really do not know where to start with this region.. I really don't.

Cystal, in my opinion, was the WORST pokemon game of all time. I had more fun playing Pokemon Snap then I did crystal.
For starters, the starters. They were ugly and weak. I wanted to shove a spear up and out of Totodiles mouth. I wanted to set Chikoritas small little leaf on fire and Cyndaquil looked like it could be flattened like a pancake by Snorlax, only to have Snorlax scratch its ass because of those disgusting spikes on its back. When Cyndaquil evolved into Typhlosion, whenever he battled his mouth was opened with his teeth barred. I stored him in my box, never to be used again once I saw his mouth opened like that, it just pissed me off. Crystal was like the first game where you could actually barely win the first battle with your rival. And I lost that battle and missed out on precious exp.

Secondly, that third gym leaders Miltank was so overpowered. Rollout was a strong move to begin with and its power increased every time it hit. It usually KO'd all my pokemon instantly. Plus, once you finally lowered its HP down, it would just use Milk Drink and restore all of its HP. Attract was also annoying because I couldn't attack half the time. The only way you could win was to spend all your money to buy an Abra at the game counter, then trade it for a Machop in Goldenrod. Then train that Machop from lvl 5 to 20.

The Team Rocket event was so annoying in Goldenrod. It took me 2 hours to complete and then when I finally beat it, my game froze on me. I threw the crystal version down and quit playing it. I eventually let my brother restart the game (it was his 1st pokemon game and he is currently training on Victory Road.)

I hated the HM's. Period.

There is so much more but I really don't want to waste your time on my dumb rant. In conclusion, it needs to be redone, but it needs to be redone to a point where it would be the best pokemon game ever. I don't even know if I would buy it because I'd be afraid I'd be wasting $40 on the same crappy game that I have now.