Happy new year, everyone! We've got a Creative Corner update to commemorate today, and it's a rather big one...
Series are created when you create or edit a work - putting more than one work into the same series will make navigation show up on the work pages. You can edit the series from its popup to add a summary or re-order the works, too.
We'll be adding lots more to series over time, bur now the basic functionality is finished, we wanted to let it loose so you can have a play - feel free to go back and edit your old works to have a series, if appropriate! And let us know if anything's unclear or confusing and we'll do our best to clarify. ^^
We've also added a few other features in this update, and spent a lot of time stomping bugs - click through to see them all...
More new features:
- You can now view a list of the users with the most works in Notable Members.
- Comments can now be reported as rule-breaking to staff.
- Staff can now warn members directly for comments.
- A fair amount of code cleanup, which should make the site faster and make the code easier to work with in the future.
- Reduce likelihood of works "ghosting" (being visible, but deleted or otherwise not accessible).
- Fixed linking of the username in the "More Works By User" sidebar block on works themselves.
- The ability to report comments is now permission-controlled properly, instead of being available to all logged in users. This means we can turn it off for users who shouldn't have the ability.
- When submitting a comment, the box is now cleared properly if it succeeded.
- The "... and 3 others like this" link on comments now works correctly.
- The work type filter on the New and Noteworthy page now works correctly again.
- Written works on a user's profile now display in the same format as works around the rest of the site.
- User renames/merges/deletes/etcetera are now reflected properly in the Corner.
Any questions, feedback, or concerns? Let us know in the comments!
- Fixed an error in the search that dumped an error whenever a work was added to the Creative Corner.
- Trying to warn a written work no longer throws an error and forces staff to manually change the URL.
(Featured image is Kucheat by @JacyA)
Edit for Creative Corner 1.1.1: Fixed a few styling bugs with the series navigation bar, and a very rare crash.