• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Reveals Genesect Wi-Fi Event For Black & White 2

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Genesect.png

We're at the time of the month where Japanese magazine CoroCoro leaks and brings us the latest Pokémon news once again. This month the magazine has brought us the surprise announcement of a Wi-Fi event for Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 which will give players the chance to obtain the recently revealed Pokémon, Genesect. We already know Genesect will play a part in the 16th movie when it gets released next year, and because of this many thought the Pokémon would be given alongside the movie around release, however we now know that isn't quite the case.

While we don't have the full details of Genesect for this event, we do know the event will run from the 11th of August until the 19th of September. With Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 due for their US and European releases during the early part of October it's quite likely we'll also get to see this event before the end of the year, giving everyone a chance to get their hands on the interesting new Pokémon.

Read More

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Re: CoroCoro Reveals Genesect Wi-Fi Event For Black & White

Weeee~

Don't know why, but the fact they labeled his body parts in that image amuses me greatly :3:

StellarWind Elsydeon

Armblades Ascendant
Staff member
Administrator

See this pic? It's ttly Canon. <<

Yay for Genesect, anyway ^^ I'm rather fond of the blasted thing (and about damn time we got a bug legendary!) and it could be nice to get one, assuming the event hits anyone who ISN'T Japan.

Linkachu

Hero of Pizza
Staff member
Administrator

With Pokémon Black 2 and Pokémon White 2 due for their US and European releases during the early part of October it's quite likely we'll also get to see this event before the end of the year, giving everyone a chance to get their hands on the interesting new Pokémon.

Considering that we haven't yet received Keldeo or Meloetta I can't see us receiving Genesect outside of Japan anytime soon. Doesn't hurt to be hopeful though. ;)

I have little else to say on this news, but I'm looking forward to finally receiving Genesect and the other two Unova unobtainables. :)

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member

Linkachu said:
Considering that we haven't yet received Keldeo or Meloetta I can't see us receiving Genesect outside of Japan anytime soon. Doesn't hurt to be hopeful though. ;)

I have little else to say on this news, but I'm looking forward to finally receiving Genesect and the other two Unova unobtainables. :)

While it is partly wishful thinking on my part it could still be doable. Keldeo could act as the very first Wi-Fi event and be done from release, much like Victin was for Black & White. That would only leave Meloetta~ (who I actually forgot about x3).

Maybe I went overboard in thinking by the end of the year, but I still think we could see it before May/June, or maybe sooner, time next year if things are done right. :)

Ah, this definitely makes up for missing Darkrai. I'm looking more forward to the backstory, as that always enhances the Pokemon world.