• Welcome back to Pokécharms! We've recently launched a new site and upgraded forums, so there may be a few teething issues as everything settles in. Please see our Relaunch FAQs for more information.

CoroCoro Leaks: March

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
This months edition of Japanese magazine CoroCoro has finally leaked, and while it hasn't so far brought any news to do with Pokémon X and Pokémon Y we do have some interesting news to do with Pokémon Rumble U and what the Pokémon Best Wishes: 2 anime series will get up to once the current N arc comes to an end.
PokmonRumbleUNFCScan_zpsc38132f9.jpg

Likely the biggest news to have come from CoroCoro this month involves Pokémon Rumble U and the news that the game will make use of the Wii U's NFC reader and allow fans to buy special Pokémon figures which can be scanned and transferred into the game, a bit like how the hit series Skylanders works basically.

The game sees its Japanese release in April, and six figures will be released alongside it to be sold through the Pokémon Center stores, the only character to be confirmed as a figure so far is the Pokémon mascot, Pikachu. The figures will be sold for 200 Yen each which works out to about £1.40.

We also have an idea of the story of the game; our poor toy Pokémon friends have gotten themselves lost from the toy store after falling into a river, leaving you to go and rescue them all and bring them back. Pokémon Rumble U will be the first Wii U game to make use of the Gamepad's NFC reader, and arguably Pokémon is the best series to first make use of it.

PokmonBestWishesIslandScan_zpsf545f477.jpg

CoroCoro also brought with it the news of a new arc for Pokémon Best Wishes: 2 once the N arc comes to an end. The next arc, to be titled Pokémon Best Wishes 2: Dai! will be set across a number of islands entitled the Dekorora Islands much like the Orange Island arc seen in the anime between Ash's adventures in Kanto and Johto. It so far hasn't been revealed to if the islands will feature their own set of Gyms and a Pokémon League like the Orange Islands did, but we do have some idea of the adventures in store for Ash and co.

One of the first episodes will feature Ash and co visiting Hotach Island where a large number of Oshawott live, it's said that on this island Ash's Oshawott will be troubled and from the scan we can see an Oshaowtt doing battle with a Dewott, is this a sign that Oshawott wants to stay behind and become stronger?

Another episode will take place on Mutoro Island and this episode is set to see the return of Professor Oak, who will be facing the rare Pokémon Rotom and will apparently catch the rare Electric type. This will be the second time Rotom has been featured in the TV series, but the first during the Unova arc. Speaking of rare Pokémon, it has also been revealed that an episode to air in June will take place on Ookina Island and feature the wishmaking Pokémon, Jirachi. The episode will mark the first time Jirachi has been featured in the TV series.

The final episode to have been revealed will be set on Yashi Island where Eevee and his friends live. We may have seen a lot of the cute little Pokémon Eevee recently, but this episode will be aired in July and considering the Pokémon movie is released that month, along with the Pokémon Short featuring Eevee and its Eeveelutions, having another episode based around the Pokémon makes sense.

Last edited:

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Demelza said:
Likely the biggest news to have come from CoroCoro this month involves Pokémon Rumble U and the news that the game will make use of the Wii U's NFC reader and allow fans to buy special Pokémon figures which can be scanned and transferred into the game, a bit like how the hit series Skylanders works basically.

Oooooh I'm intrigued by that. Anything involving special Pokemon figures xD

Doctor Oak

Staff member
Overlord
Why ruin a great concept with Pokemon Rumble being smeared all over it?

The figures won't even be any good as they'll just look like the awful Rumble models.

This should have been a revival of the little TOMY figures (in terms of quality at least) and been a compelling game to put Skylanders to absolute shame.

There's genuinely no reason Nintendo couldn't have achieved this, so why are they ruining it by wasting the idea on a dozen awful ones bundled up in the idea of a Pokemon Rumble 'franchise' (an abysmal concept in and of itself, given that the previous two entries in said 'franchise' have been dire)?

Always got to make everything so damned frustrating, Nintendo. Always.

Magpie

Feathered Overseer
Staff member
Doctor Oak said:
The figures won't even be any good as they'll just look like the awful Rumble models.

This should have been a revival of the little TOMY figures (in terms of quality at least) and been a compelling game to put Skylanders to absolute shame.

I always thought the Rumble Blast models looked really cute xD

Granted the Pikachu in the example on the page looks a bit cheap, but I'm still optimistic xD

If they make a model that even vaguely resembles this Archen, it's mine.
mqdefault.jpg

I just bet they don't make any of the Pokemon I like :V

Demelza

Eevee Tamer
Staff member
Doctor Oak said:

See, I can largely agree with that because I really liked the TOMY figures and still have a box full of 'em somewhere, so I'd have had zero objections to them bringing something like them back and making them work with a game like PBR or even something like XD.

That said, I don't object to them testing the water, so to speak, with a rumble game considering it'd be cheap enough for fans to get into. In Japan the game itself is under £13, and even if they pushed it to £15 here and made us pay, say, £2-3 for the figures I don't object too much. I'm sure the poor parents who end up paying out for this kind of thing would rather spend £12 on a game and a couple of pound on some figures rather than a £40 game plus the toys. A lot of the people who play Rumble are the younger fans too, so again it makes sense from that standpoint. That, and I didn't mind Pokémon Rumble Blast all that much, so again, I'd rather it was something better, but I don't completely dislike the Rumble series either.

I'm hoping they do something more with this idea, I really am, and if it just means starting from something like Pokémon Rumble then so be it. :)